Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room 08:25 - Mar 17 with 1559 viewsGlasgowBlue

Let’s be honest here. Lambert wasn’t sacked for poor results. He was sacked for speaking up against Evans. Had he kept his gun shut he’d still be in the job.

When he left the club we were in a decent run of form bar one woeful performance against Northampton and there was never any indication that the okayers had stopped playing for the manager.

None of the above is a defence of Lambert.

But it must have been an odd position for the players to find themselves in. A group of players who had seemingly turned around a poor run of form, knocking on the door of the play offs with games in hand over some of those above us. And the manager gets sacked. How many clubs sack a manger in that position?

It’s just seems that the change of manager has upset the momentum.

I dint doubt that Paul Cook is going to be a success here in the long run. His recent record is far superior to that of Pail Lambert. But I can’t help thinking that we should have let the season run it’s course as things were.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:28 - Mar 17 with 1373 viewschrismakin

You must be trolling surely

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:29 - Mar 17 with 1362 viewsHerbivore

Lambert was sacked because he was hopeless. Those last few games he'd taken a back seat by all accounts and let's be honest here, we were scraping results by and large.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:31 - Mar 17 with 1331 viewsKieran_Knows

I can assure you, Lambert was barely in charge for those last few games. It was Gill (and Walker to some extent) picking the team etc. That is def info.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:32 - Mar 17 with 1328 viewsGlasgowBlue

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:28 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

You must be trolling surely

Nope. Do you believe thatEvans would have sacked him if he hadn’t ranted and raved against Evans on TalkSPORT and other media outlets? Or do you think Evans would have stuck with him?

It wasn’t a footballing decision.

And I think that it’s upset the rhythm.

Iron Lion Zion

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:33 - Mar 17 with 1304 viewschrismakin

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:32 - Mar 17 by GlasgowBlue

Nope. Do you believe thatEvans would have sacked him if he hadn’t ranted and raved against Evans on TalkSPORT and other media outlets? Or do you think Evans would have stuck with him?

IMO the day Evans realised enough was enough was the day of the training ground 'fire'.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:34 - Mar 17 with 1297 viewsGlasgowBlue

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:29 - Mar 17 by Herbivore

Lambert was sacked because he was hopeless. Those last few games he'd taken a back seat by all accounts and let's be honest here, we were scraping results by and large.

Lambert should have been sacked long before he was. Around the halfway point of the season. Especially with the Phil ham stuff and the alienation if the fans.

But i think we’d give behind that, we’re okaying better and looking like a decent shout for the play offs before he opened his gob against Evans. If he hadn’t the he’d still be in the job.

Iron Lion Zion

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:35 - Mar 17 with 1295 viewsDennyx4

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:31 - Mar 17 by Kieran_Knows

I can assure you, Lambert was barely in charge for those last few games. It was Gill (and Walker to some extent) picking the team etc. That is def info.

I have read the Gill was picking the team for the last few games and working on set pieces etc.

Was that more of a direct replacement for Taylor, who was back in Scotland?
The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:36 - Mar 17 with 1280 viewsitfcjoe

Lambert was an absolute @rsehole, there wouldn't have been one tear shed from a single person at the club when he left - from the senior players down to the academy staff, from the tea-lady to the bloke on the gate.

His position here had been untenable for months and months, and the football was awful - bar a couple of games when Matt Gill got more involved at the end.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:37 - Mar 17 with 1255 viewschrismakin

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:34 - Mar 17 by GlasgowBlue

Lambert should have been sacked long before he was. Around the halfway point of the season. Especially with the Phil ham stuff and the alienation if the fans.

But i think we’d give behind that, we’re okaying better and looking like a decent shout for the play offs before he opened his gob against Evans. If he hadn’t the he’d still be in the job.

hadn't we just lost 1-0 to Peterborough without them actually having a shot at goal?
I can't remember us being a decent shout for playoffs until Gill started looking after selections with walker

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:38 - Mar 17 with 1255 viewsLankHenners

Not a chance a single player was upset that Lambert had gone.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:40 - Mar 17 with 1215 viewsGlasgowBlue

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:36 - Mar 17 by itfcjoe

Lambert was an absolute @rsehole, there wouldn't have been one tear shed from a single person at the club when he left - from the senior players down to the academy staff, from the tea-lady to the bloke on the gate.

His position here had been untenable for months and months, and the football was awful - bar a couple of games when Matt Gill got more involved at the end.

As I said he should have gone sooner.

Re Gill; then it would have been better to have given the job to him until the end of he season. We just seem to have upset any momentum we had recently built up.

Yiu have your finger on the pulse Joe, do you think Evans would have sacked Lambert had he not started briefing against him on national media?

Not do you he should have been sacked, but do you believe he would have been sacked?

I don’t think he would until it had been mathematically impossible to make top six.

Iron Lion Zion

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:41 - Mar 17 with 1197 viewsHerbivore

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:34 - Mar 17 by GlasgowBlue

We were playing marginally better because the writing was on the wall that Lambert was going and the team was basically being picked by Gill and Walker. According to Phil we were sounding out potential replacements way before Lambert criticised the structure of the club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:42 - Mar 17 with 1187 viewsitfcjoe

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:40 - Mar 17 by GlasgowBlue

Re Gill; then it would have been better to have given the job to him until the end of he season. We just seem to have upset any momentum we had recently built up.

Yiu have your finger on the pulse Joe, do you think Evans would have sacked Lambert had he not started briefing against him on national media?

Not do you he should have been sacked, but do you believe he would have been sacked?

I don’t think he would until it had been mathematically impossible to make top six.

To be honest, no one knows with Evans.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:42 - Mar 17 with 1169 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert was sacked for a p1ss poor record over 2.5 years.

The fact that a couple of draws and a couple of wins is seen as a decent run shows where he took the club.

Lambert was sacked because he's terrible.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:44 - Mar 17 with 1137 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We didn't have any real momentum, just a couple of wins.

If anything it was a blip.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:50 - Mar 17 with 1089 viewsChurchman

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:42 - Mar 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Lambert was sacked for a p1ss poor record over 2.5 years.

The fact that a couple of draws and a couple of wins is seen as a decent run shows where he took the club.

Lambert was sacked because he's terrible.

Exactly this.

He’d had his chance. He put together an unbalanced, bloated squad of 40+ players who if you were kind or drunk would, at best, describe as not very good.

He should have been removed December 2019 when it was obvious he was all wind and Dortmund.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 8:51]
The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:53 - Mar 17 with 1051 viewshype313

Not having that Glassers, he was like a drunk hanging around a bar causing untold damage in his last few weeks here, notwithstanding the absolute horror show of a dismal record in his tenure here.

He should have gone a long time ago.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:55 - Mar 17 with 1020 viewsMeadowlark

Lambert appeared unhinged and deluded quite honestly.
His "big clubs" and "I don't care" outbursts were taking over and his tactical ability was always doubtful.
The size of the squad he amassed is embarrassing for a club in our position.
Megalomaniac, and I'm pleased he's gone. Not a moment too soon.
The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 09:00 - Mar 17 with 987 viewsN2_Blue

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 08:32 - Mar 17 by GlasgowBlue

Your OP is complete nonsense and you appear to have a very short memory.

Do you not remember that Nolan and Jackson were languishing in the U23s, that we had more loans than were playable, a manager not doing press conferences, blaming everyone but himself.

If you think the players were happy with Lambert and there was a cosy happy dressing room you are deluded.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 9:14]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 09:03 - Mar 17 with 960 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Have you been hacked or are you employing someone new to do your social media? Their grammar is shocking.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 09:06 - Mar 17 with 929 viewsJ2BLUE

Mate, that is a car crash of a post. Talk about re-writing history.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 10:00 - Mar 17 with 804 viewsGuthrum

I think the fact that he exiled Jackson and Nolan to the U23s, having not let them leave during the transfer window, had more to do with Lambert's sacking than anything he said about Evans.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 10:02 - Mar 17 with 787 viewsreusersfreekicks

Have you completely lost the plot???
The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 10:07 - Mar 17 with 747 viewspointofblue

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 09:00 - Mar 17 by N2_Blue

Your OP is complete nonsense and you appear to have a very short memory.

Do you not remember that Nolan and Jackson were languishing in the U23s, that we had more loans than were playable, a manager not doing press conferences, blaming everyone but himself.

If you think the players were happy with Lambert and there was a cosy happy dressing room you are deluded.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 9:14]

In fairness that has been case for at least the last 16 months - why did Evans decide enough was enough when he did?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The cosy atmosphere in the dressing room on 10:15 - Mar 17 with 716 viewsX0Y0

Lambert started speaking up against Evans because he was about to be sacked, to cover his own back, not the other way round.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024