Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Emyr Huws 11:16 - Mar 29 with 3546 viewsGlasgowBlue

Orth giving another go in the team? The Dozell/Bishop partnership simply isn't working. There is no 2muscle" in our midfield.

Maybe he'll try to win a contract between now and the end of the season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Emyr Huws on 11:19 - Mar 29 with 3523 viewsbournemouthblue

Cook seems to have mixed things up and looked at various different combinations so far so it's worth a look certainly.

Huws has been a massive disappointment since relegation, you really hoped he would have been bossing it at this level.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Emyr Huws on 11:20 - Mar 29 with 3500 viewsfooters

He's spent. Ship him out with the rest of 'em. Time after time, chance after chance - they haven't performed and don't look interested in doing so. Fook 'em.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Emyr Huws on 11:21 - Mar 29 with 3496 viewsGlasgowBlue

Emyr Huws on 11:19 - Mar 29 by bournemouthblue

Cook seems to have mixed things up and looked at various different combinations so far so it's worth a look certainly.

Huws has been a massive disappointment since relegation, you really hoped he would have been bossing it at this level.

He put 2 or 3 very good performances together last January when we managed to climb back to top of the league but then quickly faded away.

If we could get him to play like that again for a few games he would be an upgrade on what we have at the moment.

Iron Lion Zion

Emyr Huws on 11:25 - Mar 29 with 3435 viewsWallingford_Boy

Noting to lose now, so may as well try him.

Dozzell needs a break.

RIP Sir Bobby

Emyr Huws on 11:25 - Mar 29 with 3462 viewsRobTheMonk

The ship in the Suez canal turns more quickly than Huws.
Emyr Huws on 11:26 - Mar 29 with 3466 viewsSteve_M

I don't think our problem came from those two Saturday so much as the three in front of them. Dozzell looks like he could do with a rest having played a lot of football this season compared to previous ones.

I wouldn't be averse to giving Huws a match there though, he's really the only option at present given injuries and McGavin's ineligibility.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Emyr Huws on 11:31 - Mar 29 with 3432 viewsStokieBlue

Emyr Huws on 11:26 - Mar 29 by Steve_M

I don't think our problem came from those two Saturday so much as the three in front of them. Dozzell looks like he could do with a rest having played a lot of football this season compared to previous ones.

I wouldn't be averse to giving Huws a match there though, he's really the only option at present given injuries and McGavin's ineligibility.

Have to agree with this.

We simply have no invention (and on the weekend no pace) in the 3 behind Norwood. If we are going to persist with 4231 for the rest of the season it needs to be something like Bennetts, Dobra, Jackson as the 3 because otherwise we are totally pedestrian and ridiculously easy to defend against.

Harsh on Judge maybe but he just doesn't seem to have the legs or forward thinking to play there anymore.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Emyr Huws on 11:35 - Mar 29 with 3390 viewsFixed_It

Emyr Huws on 11:26 - Mar 29 by Steve_M

Totally. All 3 of the '3' had an off day. I read that Sears touched the ball just 15 times, and no crosses. Edwards lost the ball 18 times. We are never going to succeed with stats like that.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Emyr Huws on 11:38 - Mar 29 with 3369 viewstractorboy1978

He could barely move back when he was in and around the squad, let alone now. Not sure he's even been training.
Emyr Huws on 11:40 - Mar 29 with 3349 viewsGlasgowBlue

Emyr Huws on 11:20 - Mar 29 by footers

He's spent. Ship him out with the rest of 'em. Time after time, chance after chance - they haven't performed and don't look interested in doing so. Fook 'em.

We still pay his wages. Might as well make use of him whilst he is here.

Iron Lion Zion

Emyr Huws on 11:45 - Mar 29 with 3327 viewsMrTown

He hasn't been at the training ground for a little while now.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Emyr Huws on 11:49 - Mar 29 with 3302 viewsSwansea_Blue

Emyr Huws on 11:25 - Mar 29 by RobTheMonk

The ship in the Suez canal turns more quickly than Huws.

And it'll probably still be useful once it's unstuck. I'm afraid Huws looks like he's done. I don't know whether the injuries have finally caught up with him or it's partly also in his head. He looked lost in the last spel he was in the team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Emyr Huws on 11:58 - Mar 29 with 3241 viewsVaughan8

Really thought Huws once fit would tear up this league and be one of the best players. Sadly that hasn't happened and the long injury has really affected him.

The few times I've seen him (especially this season) he has looked bad. Unless he has improved, then no.
Emyr Huws on 12:01 - Mar 29 with 3218 viewsgordon

Wouldn't be averse to giving Huws another go and trying Bishop further forward - but in the 4-2-3-1 our problems aren't really coming from the '2' defensive midfielders, it's the '3' in behind Norwood that make such a poor attacking contribution.

At Peterborough, those three players stats are:

Smodics, 12 goals 5 assists,
Dembele 8 goals 10 assists,
and Ward 4 goals 12 assists.

With an added 6 goals from Jack Taylor as one of 2 central midfielders.

We just haven't got players who contribute like that, apart from maybe Edwards if he's played on the left. That's why the formation doesn't work for us and we don't score any goals.
Emyr Huws on 12:02 - Mar 29 with 3212 viewsParky

He’s been released, so I’ve been told.
Emyr Huws on 12:13 - Mar 29 with 3158 viewsgordon

Emyr Huws on 11:31 - Mar 29 by StokieBlue

Have to agree with this.

We simply have no invention (and on the weekend no pace) in the 3 behind Norwood. If we are going to persist with 4231 for the rest of the season it needs to be something like Bennetts, Dobra, Jackson as the 3 because otherwise we are totally pedestrian and ridiculously easy to defend against.

Harsh on Judge maybe but he just doesn't seem to have the legs or forward thinking to play there anymore.

SB

Yup, one of the problems for a long time has been that players like Judge and Sears are experienced pros, who know that they haven't got the pace anymore to run with the ball, or make runs in behind, so they almost always show for the ball in comfortable areas, and often play the simply ball back to retain possession. Edwards can at least run with it, sometimes.

When we have Dobra, Bennetts or Jackson in, we're less good at retaining possession on the half-way line, but at the end of the day we're more likely to make something happen in the final third.

With Lambert, it always felt like we craved having control of the ball in easy areas at the expense of threatening the opposition or even trying to score goals, and it feels like that's just carrying on to some extent.

For example, I can't remember the last time I saw an ITFC player have a speculative shot from 30-35 yards that flew wide or over the bar, or even out for a throw-in!
Emyr Huws on 12:15 - Mar 29 with 3144 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Emyr Huws on 11:40 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

We still pay his wages. Might as well make use of him whilst he is here.

Turnstiles need a lick of paint.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Emyr Huws on 12:18 - Mar 29 with 3154 viewsPhilTWTD

Emyr Huws on 12:02 - Mar 29 by Parky

He’s been released, so I’ve been told.

I'd heard similar and asked on Friday and was told that's not the case. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen. He's had an injury recently apparently.
Emyr Huws on 12:19 - Mar 29 with 3115 viewsclive_baker

No thanks

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Emyr Huws on 12:38 - Mar 29 with 2987 viewsGlasgowBlue

Emyr Huws on 12:18 - Mar 29 by PhilTWTD

I'd heard similar and asked on Friday and was told that's not the case. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen. He's had an injury recently apparently.

Another one? That's him, Nolan and Downes. All central midfield players that at least have a bit of bite.

Iron Lion Zion

Emyr Huws on 12:41 - Mar 29 with 2963 viewsPhilTWTD

Emyr Huws on 12:38 - Mar 29 by GlasgowBlue

Another one? That's him, Nolan and Downes. All central midfield players that at least have a bit of bite.

Am guessing Kenlock's got a knock as well as he didn't travel at the weekend and wasn't spotted training in the video that went out last week.
Emyr Huws on 12:43 - Mar 29 with 2932 viewsMrTown

Emyr Huws on 12:41 - Mar 29 by PhilTWTD

Am guessing Kenlock's got a knock as well as he didn't travel at the weekend and wasn't spotted training in the video that went out last week.

Kenlock and Lankester picked up injuries last week.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Emyr Huws on 12:51 - Mar 29 with 2881 viewsBlueBadger

Sadly, he's done.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Emyr Huws on 12:58 - Mar 29 with 2847 viewsgordon

Hope so in the sense that I didn't see why Kenlock should be dropped after he'd been one of our strongest players for a month or so.
Emyr Huws on 13:01 - Mar 29 with 2824 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rememberhow our season was going to turn around once all of our injured players returned?

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024