Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 18:22 - Apr 5 with 2248 viewsdominiciawful

[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 22:17]

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 18:23 - Apr 5 with 2065 viewschicoazul

Threads like this are so weird.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 18:45 - Apr 5 with 1993 viewsBluefish

We don't want him his football is sh*t

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 5 with 2001 viewsJ2BLUE

Ahh yes. Ignore a long string of wins and pounce as soon as a couple of results go against him. I'm sure you're honest though and will go off and work out his PPG since he's been there to give us a better idea.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:00 - Apr 5 with 1944 viewschrismakin

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Ahh yes. Ignore a long string of wins and pounce as soon as a couple of results go against him. I'm sure you're honest though and will go off and work out his PPG since he's been there to give us a better idea.

It is strange looking at their supporter tweets.

Havent won since new contract

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:04 - Apr 5 with 1916 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 18:46 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Form over the last 6-7 matches is fairly average.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 19:06]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:06 - Apr 5 with 1905 viewshoppy

That guy Rhodes who scored the 4th goal... why did he leave us again? I can’t remember the circumstances now...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:07 - Apr 5 with 1885 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fair to say the honeymoon period is probably over. Mind you, didn't we lose a couple of games by 4 or 5 within his first couple of months?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:12 - Apr 5 with 1832 viewsunstableblue

I’m watching the game. Yes Cardiff have been poor against a Sheff Weds side at the foot of the table and in free fall.

To be fair to Mick he’s lost Morrison his pivotal defender, and Sheff Weds who had won just 1 in 10 games have just exposed them, despite being lowest scorers in the league (now scored 5). Although Cardiff fans will tell you they have been playing by bypassing midfield for most recent games, and Moore was tiring, so play off push gone. They couldn’t hit a barn door today. Also Johnny Williams has flattered to deceive, ineffective, and has been subbed.

But what I wanted to say is that Barry Bannon of Sheff Weds is exactly the type of player we lack... he has similarities to Dozzell and Downes, but his work rate is outstanding and is just always available, always moving and his distribution is fantastic and forward looking. Remarkable performance today and exposed Cardiff’s limitations.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Login to get fewer ads

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:17 - Apr 5 with 1797 viewsStNeotsBlue

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:12 - Apr 5 by unstableblue

I’m watching the game. Yes Cardiff have been poor against a Sheff Weds side at the foot of the table and in free fall.

To be fair to Mick he’s lost Morrison his pivotal defender, and Sheff Weds who had won just 1 in 10 games have just exposed them, despite being lowest scorers in the league (now scored 5). Although Cardiff fans will tell you they have been playing by bypassing midfield for most recent games, and Moore was tiring, so play off push gone. They couldn’t hit a barn door today. Also Johnny Williams has flattered to deceive, ineffective, and has been subbed.

But what I wanted to say is that Barry Bannon of Sheff Weds is exactly the type of player we lack... he has similarities to Dozzell and Downes, but his work rate is outstanding and is just always available, always moving and his distribution is fantastic and forward looking. Remarkable performance today and exposed Cardiff’s limitations.

Agree that Bannon is decent but he'd struggle in our current side. Dozzell is the only player we have who is always looking for the ball.
Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:17 - Apr 5 with 1793 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:12 - Apr 5 by unstableblue

Isn't Barry Bannon pretty much what we have - not impacting games often enough? Isn't that why they are where they are or has he been out injured all season and just returned?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:18 - Apr 5 with 1788 viewsPJH

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:04 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Form over the last 6-7 matches is fairly average.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 19:06]

Yes, as you say if you ignore the 24 points from his first 10 games he has not done very well at all.
Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:19 - Apr 5 with 1768 viewsjeera

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 18:23 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

Luckily we get extra points for this.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:21 - Apr 5 with 1754 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 18:23 - Apr 5 by chicoazul

It appears that there are a few people still obsessed with him - some who wanted him gone and a few who didn't.

Personally, I like to see how they are doing and would have liked him to get them into the play-offs. I bear MM no ill will.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 1734 viewshaynes_toe1

Mick is a better manager than our current manager and every manager we have had since Mick, to be fair.

Hes not invincible however and his side will actually lose games sometimes.
Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 1732 viewsVaughan8

Agreed. They are. Loads when he was doing well what Ch is irrelevant.

His Cardiff squad is probably better than any squad we have.

However losing 5-0 to the bottom is bad....
Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:56 - Apr 5 with 1629 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:57 - Apr 5 with 1626 viewsArnieM

Someone else’s squad though innit . McCarthy “builds” nothing...

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:58 - Apr 5 with 1605 viewsBluefish

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:56 - Apr 5 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Compared to everything since?

We had 0 shots on target against Rochdale. It wasn't even a rare occurrence

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 20:00 - Apr 5 with 1605 viewsPJH

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:57 - Apr 5 by ArnieM

Someone else’s squad though innit . McCarthy “builds” nothing...

Must be a pretty good manager then to have the start he had at Cardiff with someone else's squad.

Someone else's squad gets used as an excuse for a poor start at some clubs.
Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 20:08 - Apr 5 with 1577 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:18 - Apr 5 by PJH

Yes, as you say if you ignore the 24 points from his first 10 games he has not done very well at all.

He got off to a flyer and then since then it's settled down and results reflect their position.Not a lot more to it than that really.

Horrible club though (and that's a view I had before moving to Swansea, which has only strengthened my dislike of them as you'd probably expect).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 20:18 - Apr 5 with 1546 viewsSteveDt

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 19:06 - Apr 5 by hoppy

That guy Rhodes who scored the 4th goal... why did he leave us again? I can’t remember the circumstances now...

Roy Keane sold him to Huddersfield
Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 20:40 - Apr 5 with 1494 viewsTrequartista

This is equally as tedious as the same threads that appear in the opposite direction when he wins a game.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 21:54 - Apr 5 with 1347 viewshaynes_toe1

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 20:00 - Apr 5 by PJH

Must be a pretty good manager then to have the start he had at Cardiff with someone else's squad.

Someone else's squad gets used as an excuse for a poor start at some clubs.

Glad someone said it.
Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 22:10 - Apr 5 with 1307 viewschrismakin

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 21:54 - Apr 5 by haynes_toe1

Glad someone said it.

Hmm

He took on players like £10 mill signing Josh Murphy.
.. goalscoring championship striker Moore..

He had a rather nice squad to manage tbh.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 22:55 - Apr 5 with 1198 viewshaynes_toe1

Mick McCarthy's Cardiff side are doing well this evening. (n/t) on 22:10 - Apr 5 by chrismakin

Hmm

He took on players like £10 mill signing Josh Murphy.
.. goalscoring championship striker Moore..

He had a rather nice squad to manage tbh.

Weird, because the previous manager left them 15th and 13 points from the playoffs.

Our previous manager left us what, 1 point from the playoffs?

Not sure your point stacks up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024