Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring on August! 22:08 - Apr 29 with 2705 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Bring on August! on 07:45 - Apr 30 with 2294 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Initial results from a pilot scheme found no spike in Covid cases among attendees"

The same attendees that had provided a negative test or had been fully vaccinated ahead of the event? I mean, I'm no scientist, but even I can figure out why there was no spike in Covid.

Get ready for Covid passports to attend live events lads.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Bring on August! on 09:24 - Apr 30 with 2056 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bring on August! on 07:45 - Apr 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

"Initial results from a pilot scheme found no spike in Covid cases among attendees"

The same attendees that had provided a negative test or had been fully vaccinated ahead of the event? I mean, I'm no scientist, but even I can figure out why there was no spike in Covid.

The same attendees that were wearing masks and are socially distance too by the looks of it. I'd be surprised if we go back to normal until cases are pretty much zero. I would love it if that's as early as August, but that's unlikely while we delay decisions on border checks/controls/quarantine in response to rising cases in other countries.

But still, even if we could get a quarter full stadium that'd be a massive boost (and probably not too far off a full attendance anyway the way things are at the moment).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bring on August! on 09:43 - Apr 30 with 1981 viewsHerbivore

Social distancing should be pretty easy at PR, especially if you're not in the lower North.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I doubt that cases..... on 09:58 - Apr 30 with 1924 viewsBloots

Bring on August! on 09:24 - Apr 30 by Swansea_Blue

The same attendees that were wearing masks and are socially distance too by the looks of it. I'd be surprised if we go back to normal until cases are pretty much zero. I would love it if that's as early as August, but that's unlikely while we delay decisions on border checks/controls/quarantine in response to rising cases in other countries.

But still, even if we could get a quarter full stadium that'd be a massive boost (and probably not too far off a full attendance anyway the way things are at the moment).

...will ever get to zero, it will always be in circulation and as long as testing remains at high levels we will always see case.

The same can be said for the fatalities, particularly given the way that we record them.

Although interestingly I saw that they are going to reconsider how they report the death figure because they say that the current process (dying within 28 days of testing positive) may undermine how the public view the effectiveness of the vaccination.

A cynic would ask why they only think the method of reporting deaths is unsuitable now, and that it hasn't been for the last year.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I doubt that cases..... on 10:06 - Apr 30 with 1861 viewsKeno

I doubt that cases..... on 09:58 - Apr 30 by Bloots

...will ever get to zero, it will always be in circulation and as long as testing remains at high levels we will always see case.

The same can be said for the fatalities, particularly given the way that we record them.

Although interestingly I saw that they are going to reconsider how they report the death figure because they say that the current process (dying within 28 days of testing positive) may undermine how the public view the effectiveness of the vaccination.

A cynic would ask why they only think the method of reporting deaths is unsuitable now, and that it hasn't been for the last year.

"would ask why they only think the method of reporting deaths is unsuitable now, and that it hasn't been for the last year"

Is the answer cos the government are a bunch of sleazy slimey douchebags who will fiddle anything and everything to make a situation their given agenda at any given time?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Bring on August! on 10:10 - Apr 30 with 1839 viewsStokieBlue

The snooker championships are still ongoing and include distancing and masks.

I have no idea how they can draw those initial conclusions given it likely takes a bit of time for any infections to feed through and they aren't testing without social distancing.

Great if true but seems pretty premature.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Well only a daft old cynic.... on 10:17 - Apr 30 with 1808 viewsBloots

I doubt that cases..... on 10:06 - Apr 30 by Keno

"would ask why they only think the method of reporting deaths is unsuitable now, and that it hasn't been for the last year"

Is the answer cos the government are a bunch of sleazy slimey douchebags who will fiddle anything and everything to make a situation their given agenda at any given time?

...would think that Kenneth!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

you know me so well!! on 10:20 - Apr 30 with 1781 viewsKeno

Well only a daft old cynic.... on 10:17 - Apr 30 by Bloots

...would think that Kenneth!

xx

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Bring on August! on 10:29 - Apr 30 with 1750 viewsunstableblue

Bring on August! on 09:43 - Apr 30 by Herbivore

Social distancing should be pretty easy at PR, especially if you're not in the lower North.

Yes its hardly going to be packed is it?

In the TWTD echo chamber the US takeover is a reason for fans to flood back, or some planned decoration of the North Stand, or some new mugs in Planet Blue, some signings - wrong.

The fans outside the hardcore bubble, are disconnecting in their droves. 16th/17th in the third tier? No goals in 16hours of football? discontent in the squad? losing badly to Northampton, AFC Wimbledon? that's mainly what the non-rabid blues are focussed on.

So how big is the rabid blues contingent? 11-13k maybe. That's a sparse population of PR.

Just imagine how much the iFollow subscriptions have tailed off since the Cook and some wins bounce? halved?

We will see very low crowds start of next season... and we'll need wins upon wins and a real run to get the wider town fan base to reconnect.

wibble wibble

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I doubt that cases..... on 10:29 - Apr 30 with 1755 viewsBlueBadger

I doubt that cases..... on 09:58 - Apr 30 by Bloots

It's been revised once already in the last 12 months from deaths 60 days post positive test, to 28.

At around the time to government were receiving intense scrutiny over their failures, funnily enough.
The current 28-day cut-off tends to exclude the ITU population who generally tend to have more a more drawn-out experience all round - from disease progression to recovery to reaching the ceiling of treatment and death.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 10:31]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bring on August! on 10:32 - Apr 30 with 1735 viewsBlueBadger

Bring on August! on 10:29 - Apr 30 by unstableblue

Yes its hardly going to be packed is it?

In the TWTD echo chamber the US takeover is a reason for fans to flood back, or some planned decoration of the North Stand, or some new mugs in Planet Blue, some signings - wrong.

The fans outside the hardcore bubble, are disconnecting in their droves. 16th/17th in the third tier? No goals in 16hours of football? discontent in the squad? losing badly to Northampton, AFC Wimbledon? that's mainly what the non-rabid blues are focussed on.

So how big is the rabid blues contingent? 11-13k maybe. That's a sparse population of PR.

Just imagine how much the iFollow subscriptions have tailed off since the Cook and some wins bounce? halved?

We will see very low crowds start of next season... and we'll need wins upon wins and a real run to get the wider town fan base to reconnect.

wibble wibble

We managed to increase ST sales under Lambert , initially, despite losing limply every week.

Those free beers must have been truly something, there were even idiots raving on about how 'technical' the football was under him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bring on August! on 11:19 - Apr 30 with 1635 viewsunstableblue

Bring on August! on 10:32 - Apr 30 by BlueBadger

We managed to increase ST sales under Lambert , initially, despite losing limply every week.

Those free beers must have been truly something, there were even idiots raving on about how 'technical' the football was under him.

Here he is!

Funnily enough Blue Badger there is an element of truth in what you say.. the Town fans did crave a more technical, tactical and passing style - THEY STILL DO

Under Lambert's reign in the season prior to the uptick in ST sales, following the dire final seasons of football style under Mick and the woeful/hapless management of Hurst - Lambert had November to early May to save us from relegation and improve us. He failed miserably on the relegation front.... he had more than enough time.

But the series of losses were peppered by draws and good performances and critically the suggestion of a better style. West Brom away getting real plaudits. But it just wasn't technical/tactical enough - and we just passed it along the back too much and didn't carry threat.

It wasn't the free beers, or idiots, that drew fans to the final games and decent attendances of that season, it was the hope of better football. We'd hit rock bottom in 17/18 16,272,

18/19 - 17, 760 average despite a lower league position and Hurst's rubbish, then Lamberts weak attempt.

ST sales increased under Lambert for our first season in Div 1 after what seemed a good pre-season, a new chapter in a new league, and those limited indicators that Lambert could play a style people wanted AND get results. We still managed an average of 19,549,Covid and all.

Just was never meant to be.

As for now... what do the fans have from this season? what have they seen in a series of games over many months of late? F@ck all

One day Badger you will have that come to jesus moment where you realise Town fans crave Technical Football (players, passages of play, overloads, etc), with Energy AND results..... see the light, embrace the truth!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Bring on August! on 12:54 - Apr 30 with 1514 viewsBlueBadger

Bring on August! on 11:19 - Apr 30 by unstableblue

Here he is!

Funnily enough Blue Badger there is an element of truth in what you say.. the Town fans did crave a more technical, tactical and passing style - THEY STILL DO

Under Lambert's reign in the season prior to the uptick in ST sales, following the dire final seasons of football style under Mick and the woeful/hapless management of Hurst - Lambert had November to early May to save us from relegation and improve us. He failed miserably on the relegation front.... he had more than enough time.

But the series of losses were peppered by draws and good performances and critically the suggestion of a better style. West Brom away getting real plaudits. But it just wasn't technical/tactical enough - and we just passed it along the back too much and didn't carry threat.

It wasn't the free beers, or idiots, that drew fans to the final games and decent attendances of that season, it was the hope of better football. We'd hit rock bottom in 17/18 16,272,

18/19 - 17, 760 average despite a lower league position and Hurst's rubbish, then Lamberts weak attempt.

ST sales increased under Lambert for our first season in Div 1 after what seemed a good pre-season, a new chapter in a new league, and those limited indicators that Lambert could play a style people wanted AND get results. We still managed an average of 19,549,Covid and all.

Just was never meant to be.

As for now... what do the fans have from this season? what have they seen in a series of games over many months of late? F@ck all

One day Badger you will have that come to jesus moment where you realise Town fans crave Technical Football (players, passages of play, overloads, etc), with Energy AND results..... see the light, embrace the truth!

Nah, we crave GOOD football and the occasional goal, all the rest is w@nkery for people who've read The Atlantic too much.

Bring on August! on 14:01 - Apr 30 with 1403 viewsEwan_Oozami

Bring on August! on 12:54 - Apr 30 by BlueBadger

Nah, we crave GOOD football and the occasional goal, all the rest is w@nkery for people who've read The Atlantic too much.

Think you mean the Athletic..?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Bring on August! on 14:06 - Apr 30 with 1388 viewsJ2BLUE

Picture from the league cup final where there were 4000 fans in a stadium which holds about 80,000?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bring on August! on 14:06 - Apr 30 with 1379 viewsJ2BLUE

Hope so

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bring on August! on 14:07 - Apr 30 with 1379 viewschrismakin

Bring on August! on 14:06 - Apr 30 by J2BLUE

Picture from the league cup final where there were 4000 fans in a stadium which holds about 80,000?

I reckon itll be 50% capacity until November. Tread carefully through winter..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bring on August! on 14:24 - Apr 30 with 1321 viewsReusersTown

Bring on August! on 14:07 - Apr 30 by chrismakin

I reckon itll be 50% capacity until November. Tread carefully through winter..

Well that will be a full attendance for us probably, so I'll take it!
Bring on August! on 14:38 - Apr 30 with 1267 viewsMookamoo

Indoor venue I work with have been told to plan for proof of negative test within 24 hours (compulsory), masks (compulsory) and Covid passports will be at the discretion of the venue. This particular venue will not require passports.
Bring on August! on 16:59 - Apr 30 with 1112 viewsbluelagos

Bring on August! on 14:38 - Apr 30 by Mookamoo

Indoor venue I work with have been told to plan for proof of negative test within 24 hours (compulsory), masks (compulsory) and Covid passports will be at the discretion of the venue. This particular venue will not require passports.

So you'll have to take a test even if you have been vaccinated and have no symptoms?

Hospitality venue?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Bring on August! on 17:08 - Apr 30 with 1085 viewschrismakin

Bring on August! on 16:59 - Apr 30 by bluelagos

So you'll have to take a test even if you have been vaccinated and have no symptoms?

Hospitality venue?

But if it can take 7 days to show a positive how good is a 24 hour test result

I could be negative walk in transmit the virus around. Find out 4 days later I'm positive and feeling rough. So the negative test was pointless to use as a way to get into a pub

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bring on August! on 17:13 - Apr 30 with 1061 viewsMookamoo

Bring on August! on 16:59 - Apr 30 by bluelagos

Hospitality venue?

Yes - that's the current plan they're planning for. The plan does keep changing though.

It's a music venue.
Bring on August! on 18:11 - Apr 30 with 987 viewsbluelagos

Bring on August! on 17:13 - Apr 30 by Mookamoo

Yes - that's the current plan they're planning for. The plan does keep changing though.

It's a music venue.

Thx

Is that the venue owner's choice / decision or govt dictating / guidelines?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024