Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne 10:10 - Oct 13 with 4350 viewscatch74

This is a hard read, just an amazing story for him and brilliant he back here.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Bonne on 10:22 - Oct 13 with 3365 viewsHerbivore

Very emotional read that. I really, really hope we can sign him permanently. He's playing so well and you have to think his connection to the club is giving him an extra 10%.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bonne on 10:30 - Oct 13 with 3298 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Very touching story.

So pleased its working out well for him.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Bonne on 10:30 - Oct 13 with 3305 viewstonybied

He really is a good 'un isn't he! He is setting such an example to the young lads at the club on how to hold yourself as a person. I think I will genuinely be heartbroken if we don't manage to do a permanent deal with QPR for him.
Bonne on 10:31 - Oct 13 with 3290 viewsCoastalblue

Bonne on 10:22 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Very emotional read that. I really, really hope we can sign him permanently. He's playing so well and you have to think his connection to the club is giving him an extra 10%.

He's going to be our Steve Bull for those that remember him.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Bonne on 10:40 - Oct 13 with 3220 viewstextbackup

Bonne on 10:31 - Oct 13 by Coastalblue

He's going to be our Steve Bull for those that remember him.

We haven’t had a hero since, I honestly don’t remember… Fabian? Jim?

If we go up, and he signs it would be incredible

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bonne on 10:45 - Oct 13 with 3194 viewsN2_Blue

Bonne on 10:40 - Oct 13 by textbackup

We haven’t had a hero since, I honestly don’t remember… Fabian? Jim?

If we go up, and he signs it would be incredible

Him and Burns are my fave players here by far!

And even though he's not technically one of our players, I have to give the nod to Bonne just for the fact he is one of us! But i also love his playing style and he's just been fantastic since day one. Please please sign him, he could finish his career here if we get out of this bloody division and he's got so much football left in him at just 25! Make it happen but we need to be successful this season to have a chance i fear.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bonne on 10:51 - Oct 13 with 3135 viewstractorboy1978

Bonne on 10:45 - Oct 13 by N2_Blue

And even though he's not technically one of our players, I have to give the nod to Bonne just for the fact he is one of us! But i also love his playing style and he's just been fantastic since day one. Please please sign him, he could finish his career here if we get out of this bloody division and he's got so much football left in him at just 25! Make it happen but we need to be successful this season to have a chance i fear.

I think he will push for the move. It feels inevitable to me he ends up here.
Bonne on 10:54 - Oct 13 with 3116 viewsSomethingBlue

Bonne on 10:51 - Oct 13 by tractorboy1978

There is no chance he will want to go back to QPR, this is his club and he's playing the best football of his career. It's not a coincidence. As long as we start building some momentum I'm sure the move will happen.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne on 10:55 - Oct 13 with 3104 viewsHerbivore

Bonne on 10:45 - Oct 13 by N2_Blue

I don't think that last point is nailed on. He's doing great here but he's fourth choice striker at QPR, who are a pretty bang average Championship side. That's not to say he isn't or couldn't be good enough to be a regular starter and a success at that level, but he hasn't been so far and I doubt there'd be a big queue of second tier clubs clambering for his signature. I think we have a good chance of signing him, and obviously it becomes easier if we go up, but I wouldn't rule out him staying regardless.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bonne on 11:00 - Oct 13 with 3041 viewsN2_Blue

Bonne on 10:55 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

I don't think that last point is nailed on. He's doing great here but he's fourth choice striker at QPR, who are a pretty bang average Championship side. That's not to say he isn't or couldn't be good enough to be a regular starter and a success at that level, but he hasn't been so far and I doubt there'd be a big queue of second tier clubs clambering for his signature. I think we have a good chance of signing him, and obviously it becomes easier if we go up, but I wouldn't rule out him staying regardless.

I agree with most of that...but why on earth do you not think there would not be a queue of 2nd tier clubs wanting to sign him based on his form and the fact he is likely to score 25+ this season if he stays injury free.

I think there is a whole host of clubs that will be interested in him next season. If we get promoted it's not even a question he'll sign but money/ambition will always talk and if he wants to play Prem football he'll need to be playing tier 2 football next year i'd say.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bonne on 11:00 - Oct 13 with 3051 viewsSomethingBlue

Bonne on 10:55 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

There is something in that — Bonne is a poacher and a battler, which are fantastic qualities that will see him continue to do very well for us, but to do well in the Champ you need a bit more and I'm not sure teams at that level will see that in him.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Bonne on 11:04 - Oct 13 with 3016 viewstractorboy1978

Bonne on 11:00 - Oct 13 by N2_Blue

I agree with most of that...but why on earth do you not think there would not be a queue of 2nd tier clubs wanting to sign him based on his form and the fact he is likely to score 25+ this season if he stays injury free.

I think there is a whole host of clubs that will be interested in him next season. If we get promoted it's not even a question he'll sign but money/ambition will always talk and if he wants to play Prem football he'll need to be playing tier 2 football next year i'd say.

There is a reason we got him on loan from an average Championship side in the first place. As SomethingBlue says above, being at his club and playing the football of his career is no coincidence. Also, remember we have more financial clout than a lot of Championship sides right now, as evidenced this summer.
Bonne on 11:04 - Oct 13 with 3017 viewstextbackup

Bonne on 11:00 - Oct 13 by SomethingBlue

There is something in that — Bonne is a poacher and a battler, which are fantastic qualities that will see him continue to do very well for us, but to do well in the Champ you need a bit more and I'm not sure teams at that level will see that in him.

Grant holt was a very good champ striker, and held his own, in the right team for him.
Think Bonne is our Holt

Bonne on 11:05 - Oct 13 with 3013 viewsitfcjoe

What a guy - we need to get that pension pot raided and sign him up ASAP.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bonne on 11:07 - Oct 13 with 3006 viewsitfcjoe

Bonne on 11:00 - Oct 13 by SomethingBlue

Who in that league has money to spend this year as it is? The time to strike is now, getting the deal done ahead of January

Bonne on 11:07 - Oct 13 with 2990 viewshype313

Bonne on 11:05 - Oct 13 by itfcjoe

Do you think there has been any discussions Joe?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bonne on 11:09 - Oct 13 with 2986 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Bonne on 10:51 - Oct 13 by tractorboy1978

One of my mates is friendly with a family member of his and reckons there is a promotion buyout, if we go up, he's ours essentially.
Bonne on 11:10 - Oct 13 with 2969 viewstextbackup

Bonne on 11:07 - Oct 13 by itfcjoe

Who in that league has money to spend this year as it is? The time to strike is now, getting the deal done ahead of January

My worry is does a mid table league 1 team (if that’s where we sit in Jan) on half his current wage, become a massive draw for even the biggest of town fans?

Bonne on 11:24 - Oct 13 with 2845 viewshadleighboyblue

Wow , everything in that interview is so genuine and emotional . great respect to him , it brought tears to my eyes .

His love of Ipswich comes across , but there is even more than that in his story , love how he lives a normal life .

Hopefully the club are already talking to QPR about making it a permanent deal in January
Bonne on 11:26 - Oct 13 with 2833 viewsitfcjoe

Bonne on 11:10 - Oct 13 by textbackup

My worry is does a mid table league 1 team (if that’s where we sit in Jan) on half his current wage, become a massive draw for even the biggest of town fans?

I think the issue is if he carries his form on and can get £25k a week somewhere, then we are in trouble.

He will probably take a 'hometown discount' but that will only go so far.

Bonne on 12:06 - Oct 13 with 2600 viewsIllinoisblue

If the banter era is continuing he’ll go back to QPR in Jan then get signed by Marcus Evans’ Derby. Seriously though, what a likable man. Sign. Him. Up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bonne on 12:11 - Oct 13 with 2551 viewsKieran_Knows

Hi Mark (Steed), its Mark (Ashton) again. Just need a couple of million to bring the king home permanently. Cheers.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bonne on 13:08 - Oct 13 with 2255 viewsPendejo

Wow, a true depth of feeling. Wonderful.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Bonne on 13:25 - Oct 13 with 2175 viewsNthQldITFC

Bonne on 10:22 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

I'm sure it gives him that extra 10% on the pitch, but what he gives to the club is a lot more on top of that. The local connection coupled with his obvious, honest, straight-talking passion gives us the fans such a boost too, and no doubt that feeds into his fellow players. And on top of that he's doing great deeds in the community. Top, top bloke and probably worth double his market value to us, so get the chequebook out ASAP!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Bonne on 13:31 - Oct 13 with 2155 viewstrncbluearmy

getting mobbed now!

There is a feel about the place again and a lot of it is to do with having a hero
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024