Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne 10:10 - Oct 13 with 4360 viewscatch74

This is a hard read, just an amazing story for him and brilliant he back here.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Bonne on 13:32 - Oct 13 with 895 viewsReuser_is_God

Bonne on 13:31 - Oct 13 by trncbluearmy

getting mobbed now!

There is a feel about the place again and a lot of it is to do with having a hero

Talking Town virgins doing that is likely to put him off signing.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bonne on 13:36 - Oct 13 with 879 viewstrncbluearmy

Bonne on 13:32 - Oct 13 by Reuser_is_God

Their Town fans at the game enjoying being a Town fan again, how can anyone have a problem with that
Bonne on 14:15 - Oct 13 with 827 viewsFixed_It

Bonne on 13:36 - Oct 13 by trncbluearmy

Their Town fans at the game enjoying being a Town fan again, how can anyone have a problem with that

They're

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Bonne on 15:14 - Oct 13 with 776 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bonne on 11:04 - Oct 13 by textbackup

Grant holt was a very good champ striker, and held his own, in the right team for him.
Think Bonne is our Holt

I see your point, but I also did a little bit of sick in my mouth when I read that.
Bonne on 15:17 - Oct 13 with 770 viewstextbackup

Bonne on 13:32 - Oct 13 by Reuser_is_God

we'll get him nailed down here when we see him out and about in town

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bonne on 15:20 - Oct 13 with 752 viewsHerbivore

Bonne on 11:00 - Oct 13 by N2_Blue

I agree with most of that...but why on earth do you not think there would not be a queue of 2nd tier clubs wanting to sign him based on his form and the fact he is likely to score 25+ this season if he stays injury free.

I think there is a whole host of clubs that will be interested in him next season. If we get promoted it's not even a question he'll sign but money/ambition will always talk and if he wants to play Prem football he'll need to be playing tier 2 football next year i'd say.

Well for a start most of the sides in the Championship that could pay a fee for him are near the top of the table and would be looking at better than Bonne. That's no disrespect to him, but if you're a promotion chasing side in the Championship are you going to be going for a striker who struggled to make the step up to that level previously to the extent that he was fourth choice at QPR? Remove the emotion from it and the answer is no, probably not.

If this was a 21 year old who'd yet to really play in the Championship showing this kind of form in League 1 then it'd be a different story, but Bonne is 25 and has played 70 plus Championship games without setting the world alight at that level. The kind of sides who could afford him will look at that as much as they'll look at his form on loan here.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 17:14]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bonne on 12:52 - Oct 14 with 610 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bonne on 15:20 - Oct 13 by Herbivore

Well for a start most of the sides in the Championship that could pay a fee for him are near the top of the table and would be looking at better than Bonne. That's no disrespect to him, but if you're a promotion chasing side in the Championship are you going to be going for a striker who struggled to make the step up to that level previously to the extent that he was fourth choice at QPR? Remove the emotion from it and the answer is no, probably not.

If this was a 21 year old who'd yet to really play in the Championship showing this kind of form in League 1 then it'd be a different story, but Bonne is 25 and has played 70 plus Championship games without setting the world alight at that level. The kind of sides who could afford him will look at that as much as they'll look at his form on loan here.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2021 17:14]

Re your second paragraph: you could say the same about Daryl Murphy when he came to us on loan. Personally I think that bustling, big chested, reasonably tall strikers find any step up difficult, particularly when younger as the centre backs are similar physically and will have more experience, but get more effective as they reach mid 20s. Fox-in-the-box Jeffers types may have similar stats throughout their careers as "the first yard is in the head" and their effectiveness is based on positioning, their ability to read the game and confidence/cockiness. Pace merchants like Michael Owen may peak early but are very susceptible to injuries robbing them of their super-power.

So if I was programming the Ashton scouting algorithm I'd be looking for reasonably tall, reasonably quick, reasonably strong, busy forwards who may not have the greatest goalscoring totals up to age 23 in the professional game, but have a decent conversion rate of clear cut chances.
Bonne on 12:56 - Oct 14 with 605 viewsHerbivore

Bonne on 12:52 - Oct 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

Re your second paragraph: you could say the same about Daryl Murphy when he came to us on loan. Personally I think that bustling, big chested, reasonably tall strikers find any step up difficult, particularly when younger as the centre backs are similar physically and will have more experience, but get more effective as they reach mid 20s. Fox-in-the-box Jeffers types may have similar stats throughout their careers as "the first yard is in the head" and their effectiveness is based on positioning, their ability to read the game and confidence/cockiness. Pace merchants like Michael Owen may peak early but are very susceptible to injuries robbing them of their super-power.

So if I was programming the Ashton scouting algorithm I'd be looking for reasonably tall, reasonably quick, reasonably strong, busy forwards who may not have the greatest goalscoring totals up to age 23 in the professional game, but have a decent conversion rate of clear cut chances.

Which is why Murphy ultimately ended up signing for us on a free rather than going to one of the wealthy Championship sides for a fee at an earlier stage. Bonne is a very different type of centre forward to Murphy as well.

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne on 13:50 - Oct 14 with 574 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bonne on 12:56 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Which is why Murphy ultimately ended up signing for us on a free rather than going to one of the wealthy Championship sides for a fee at an earlier stage. Bonne is a very different type of centre forward to Murphy as well.

Yes, agreeing and adding Murphy as another example of a mid20s striker with a stalled career.

I personally think Bonne is closest to Murphy of all the strikers we have had since he left. Similar build, decent in the air (surprisingly so, considering Bonne is short) reasonably quick, hard-working, committed, and thrive on confidence, but you probably are seeing differences that I haven't noticed.
Bonne on 14:11 - Oct 14 with 553 viewsHerbivore

Bonne on 13:50 - Oct 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

Yes, agreeing and adding Murphy as another example of a mid20s striker with a stalled career.

I personally think Bonne is closest to Murphy of all the strikers we have had since he left. Similar build, decent in the air (surprisingly so, considering Bonne is short) reasonably quick, hard-working, committed, and thrive on confidence, but you probably are seeing differences that I haven't noticed.

Bonne plays on the shoulder a lot more than Murphy did and although he competes well in the air given his size he doesn't win as much as Murphy and his hold up play isn't on the level that Murph's was. He's quicker though and his movement is good, that's why a lot of his goals have basically been tap ins as he's timed his runs well and beaten his marker for pace.

I should be clear as well that I think Bonne could be a very capable Championship striker, particularly if he was to fire us to promotion and go into the season bristling with confidence. I just feel his record to date would rule him out for many of the Championship sides who could afford him. We got Murphy permanently on a free because no bigger hitters were interested, whilst Bonne would cost I feel there's a decent chance we could head up the queue to sign him in similar fashion.

Bonne on 14:16 - Oct 14 with 543 viewstractorboy1978

Bonne on 14:11 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Bonne plays on the shoulder a lot more than Murphy did and although he competes well in the air given his size he doesn't win as much as Murphy and his hold up play isn't on the level that Murph's was. He's quicker though and his movement is good, that's why a lot of his goals have basically been tap ins as he's timed his runs well and beaten his marker for pace.

I should be clear as well that I think Bonne could be a very capable Championship striker, particularly if he was to fire us to promotion and go into the season bristling with confidence. I just feel his record to date would rule him out for many of the Championship sides who could afford him. We got Murphy permanently on a free because no bigger hitters were interested, whilst Bonne would cost I feel there's a decent chance we could head up the queue to sign him in similar fashion.

I'd be interested to see what QPR value Bonne at. They paid £2m for him only 18 months ago but the market has gone through the floor since then.
Bonne on 14:20 - Oct 14 with 539 viewsHerbivore

Bonne on 14:16 - Oct 14 by tractorboy1978

I'd be interested to see what QPR value Bonne at. They paid £2m for him only 18 months ago but the market has gone through the floor since then.

Complete punt but I reckon somewhere around £750k might do it. Of course they might be tempted to hold out until the summer to see how the market looks then and he'd be worth more after a full season of goalscoring form, assuming he continues in the same vein.

Bonne on 14:34 - Oct 14 with 518 viewsCrockerITFC

What a very impressive young man, hope we can sign him up permanently, so he can come home
Bonne on 16:11 - Oct 14 with 467 viewsRadioOrwell

Fantastic to have him with us.
Some of that love for the club must rub off on the squad.... eventually.
Bonne on 16:33 - Oct 14 with 456 viewshadleighboyblue

Bonne on 14:20 - Oct 14 by Herbivore

Complete punt but I reckon somewhere around £750k might do it. Of course they might be tempted to hold out until the summer to see how the market looks then and he'd be worth more after a full season of goalscoring form, assuming he continues in the same vein.

I'd be amazed if we got him for as little as that , but would be great if we can .

Hopefully we are talking to them already with a view to signing in January or next season if the loan continues through this season .

Realistically , might wages be a problem though ?
Bonne on 20:33 - Oct 14 with 392 viewsKropotkin123

What a great person.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024