Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson 10:17 - Jan 20 with 2984 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:19 - Jan 20 with 2167 viewsHerbivore

It seems Operation Save Big Dog is turning into Operation Scorched Earth. This will not go down well.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:19 - Jan 20 with 2174 viewsStokieBlue

Apparently one of the reasons for the "defection" yesterday was intimidation from the whips.

Really not a good look for Boris and his minions here.

However the defection seems to have eased pressure on Boris considerably.

SB
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 10:19]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:20 - Jan 20 with 2141 viewsBlueNomad

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:19 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

Apparently one of the reasons for the "defection" yesterday was intimidation from the whips.

SB

A few more defections will absolutely pile on the pressure
Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:20 - Jan 20 with 2143 viewsKeno

SB

you almost wonder if that defection was engineered by the Tory whips to galvanise support for Boris and that have played Starmer brilliantly

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:24 - Jan 20 with 2088 viewsEdwardStone

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:20 - Jan 20 by Keno

you almost wonder if that defection was engineered by the Tory whips to galvanise support for Boris and that have played Starmer brilliantly

The problem with this kind of thinking is that it credits Tories with some kind of intelligence and ability to think forwards

The current situation for beloved Albion seems to indicate that they have no such abilities
Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:27 - Jan 20 with 2056 viewsgiant_stow

Boris may be the figurehead, but personally, I'd hold the whole Tory party responsible for the govt's dirt-low standards.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:44 - Jan 20 with 1958 viewsElderGrizzly

Video here. It's basically blackmail.

And this MP was (in theory) one of Johnson's backers before as he is a rabid Brexiteer

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:52 - Jan 20 with 1898 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good grief. Not surprising though. There were blackmail allegations coming out of No. 10 to do with partygate.

This is a leftie bumfest viewpoint, from a woke snowflake publication that's worth a watch if you have the time. Monbiot provides a very good summary of the dangers of the position we're in with this particular government. We're not where he suggests we could end up yet, but you'd be a fool not to heed his warning.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:54 - Jan 20 with 1890 viewsKeno

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:44 - Jan 20 by ElderGrizzly

Video here. It's basically blackmail.

And this MP was (in theory) one of Johnson's backers before as he is a rabid Brexiteer

did you notice this

Robert Peston
@Peston
· 26m
I understand Sue Gray has found the email from a senior official to PM’s principle private secretary Martin Reynolds warning him the 20 May party should not go ahead, as per Cummings’s revelation and my blog below. So huge… https://itv.com/news/2022-01-17/why-the-mystery-partygate-email-mentioned-in-cum

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:58 - Jan 20 with 1864 viewsElderGrizzly

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:54 - Jan 20 by Keno

did you notice this

Robert Peston
@Peston
· 26m
I understand Sue Gray has found the email from a senior official to PM’s principle private secretary Martin Reynolds warning him the 20 May party should not go ahead, as per Cummings’s revelation and my blog below. So huge… https://itv.com/news/2022-01-17/why-the-mystery-partygate-email-mentioned-in-cum

I hadn't seen that.

I'm shocked that No.10 might have been lying of course
Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:04 - Jan 20 with 1836 viewsKeno

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:58 - Jan 20 by ElderGrizzly

I hadn't seen that.

No 10 may or may not have been lying but Boris of course is pure and innocent

He would never let a single lie pass his lips

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:07 - Jan 20 with 1817 viewsPinewoodblue

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:58 - Jan 20 by ElderGrizzly

I hadn't seen that.

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-news-latest-live-watch-pmqs-partygate-d

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:11 - Jan 20 with 1770 viewsElderGrizzly

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:07 - Jan 20 by Pinewoodblue

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnson-news-latest-live-watch-pmqs-partygate-d

The problem is of course, the report goes to Johnson first.

It will too be leaked, as we'd expect, but Johnson still has a lot of power here to bury the parts he doesn't want anyone to see.

And only he can refer himself for breaching ministerial code.
Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:13 - Jan 20 with 1759 viewsKeno

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:11 - Jan 20 by ElderGrizzly

The problem is of course, the report goes to Johnson first.

It will too be leaked, as we'd expect, but Johnson still has a lot of power here to bury the parts he doesn't want anyone to see.

And only he can refer himself for breaching ministerial code.

Surely you are not suggesting this will be a whitewash!!!

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:23 - Jan 20 with 1697 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Are red wall MP's being introduced to public school fagging?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:25 - Jan 20 with 1687 viewshomer_123

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:13 - Jan 20 by Keno

Surely you are not suggesting this will be a whitewash!!!

Knowing Boris - he'll black up as opposed to white wash.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:43 - Jan 20 with 1613 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure this is very helpful for their case:

Everything Fabricant has said over the last week has been awful.

SB

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:45 - Jan 20 with 1596 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:24 - Jan 20 by EdwardStone

The problem with this kind of thinking is that it credits Tories with some kind of intelligence and ability to think forwards

The current situation for beloved Albion seems to indicate that they have no such abilities

Indeed.

Ditto that Starmer and co thought it through in any more coherent sense than a pure Red team vs. Blue team win.

Not exactly the best way to distance themselves from unprincipled, self-serving careerists by literally demonstrating they’re exactly the same. Even tactically, it seems to have stabilised the mood around Johnson and brought them into the ugly fight.

Feck them all.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:51 - Jan 20 with 1554 viewsChrisd

SB

It shouldn't though, should it? It's about him as a leader not just of the Tory party, but as our PM. Quite frankly, his behaviour has been appalling and lacks leadership credentials. The defection shouldn't make any difference, is he the right person to lead in going forwards ? From his actions and moral compass, he certainly isn't.

I worry a little bit about the outcome of this investigation because to me Bojo is talking like someone that knows they are going to be vindicated. 'Wait until we see the outcome first,' like it's all done and dusted already, he appears a little too overconfident for my liking. Bottom-line, Stevie Wonder can see that he's made a huge error of judgement and not just once - on numerous occasions - along with those ministers that attended those gatherings and they 'all' need to face the consequences for their actions.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 12:38]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:51 - Jan 20 with 1554 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 10:20 - Jan 20 by Keno

Tarzan doing his best to keep Boris Johnson in power.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:58 - Jan 20 with 1517 viewsStokieBlue

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:51 - Jan 20 by Chrisd

It shouldn't though, should it? It's about him as a leader not just of the Tory party, but as our PM. Quite frankly, his behaviour has been appalling and lacks leadership credentials. The defection shouldn't make any difference, is he the right person to lead in going forwards ? From his actions and moral compass, he certainly isn't.

I worry a little bit about the outcome of this investigation because to me Bojo is talking like someone that knows they are going to be vindicated. 'Wait until we see the outcome first,' like it's all done and dusted already, he appears a little too overconfident for my liking. Bottom-line, Stevie Wonder can see that he's made a huge error of judgement and not just once - on numerous occasions - along with those ministers that attended those gatherings and they 'all' need to face the consequences for their actions.

Sounds like she's gotten hold of the smoking gun so he might not be vindicated.

Even if they redact the report I assume the full thing will be leaked by someone.

SB

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 12:02 - Jan 20 with 1482 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:51 - Jan 20 by Chrisd

Indeed.

But it feels bizarre that he’s got as far as 2 years in the top job before it’s been decided that he’s unfit for the role based on Partygate.

We have far bigger, systemic problems when someone like him is even a local councillor. When Boris goes, those problems still remain.

Question is what do we do about it? What should we demand from our politicians, media and ourselves?

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 12:15 - Jan 20 with 1431 viewstractordownsouth

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 11:43 - Jan 20 by StokieBlue

Not sure this is very helpful for their case:

Everything Fabricant has said over the last week has been awful.

SB

He’s a bizarre individual

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 12:36 - Jan 20 with 1358 viewslowhouseblue

and there was me thinking that the black arts of the whips consisted only of charm, generosity and personal charisma.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Boris Johnson being Boris Johnson on 13:28 - Jan 20 with 1184 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

We are at the final stages of our transition to banana republic.

All that’s left is a military coup!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024