Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans in for Fraser supposedly 12:33 - Jan 25 with 4074 viewsiamipswich

Not sure what happened with other thread

Poll: Who will return first?

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:34 - Jan 25 with 2792 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd be annoyed if he left. Criminal we've not found a way to get him in the side.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:35 - Jan 25 with 2743 viewshomer_123

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:34 - Jan 25 by Kieran_Knows

I'd be annoyed if he left. Criminal we've not found a way to get him in the side.

Not really - I don't think he fits the mould of what KM is looking for. No pace or guile about him - technically good though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:37 - Jan 25 with 2674 viewsStokieBlue

Not me.

Seems like a good plan to get rid of our 4th choice number 10 and free up some wages if we can recoup a decent amount of our fee.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out for players at specific clubs. He's had chances.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:38 - Jan 25 with 2633 viewsMetal_Hacker

Lovely technically gifted player but always looks like he's running in treacle

Poll: If it were one or the other

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:38 - Jan 25 with 2632 viewshype313

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:37 - Jan 25 by StokieBlue

Not me.

Seems like a good plan to get rid of our 4th choice number 10 and free up some wages if we can recoup a decent amount of our fee.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out for players at specific clubs. He's had chances.

SB

I wouldn't be bothered, technically good, but far too pedestrian, especially for this league.

Actually think playing for Swansea in the Championship would be better suited for him.

Another large earner off the books.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:45 - Jan 25 with 2541 viewsitfcjoe

Who would you put him ahead of? He's not mobile enough compared to those up against for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:45 - Jan 25 with 2539 viewsitfcsuth

Would hope we don't move him on. Technically a very gifted footballer, and I'm sure when fit again someone KM would love to work with.

Could easily operate in one of the no.10 positions in the 3-4-2-1 system.
Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:47 - Jan 25 with 2474 viewsDarth_Koont

I think we already had a couple of midfielders/attacking midfielders too many for Cook’s 4231. And we struggled to get that system working and ended up rotating through them to try and get going.

I think our attack is still a bit stuttery but we’ve now got fewer players in attack (for more defensive solidity and building from the back).

A long way of saying we can certainly move on a midfielder/attacking midfielder or three.

But I agree it’s a shame we haven’t got more out of Fraser so far. I think he’s got a higher ceiling than most but not nearly as useful when we’re focusing on fewer in attack and a more dynamic, more powerful team game.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:47 - Jan 25 with 2472 viewsFrimleyBlue

Another example for me of a signing not chosen by the manager

Again it's not a negative way of recruiting its done all over the world. But it's something we haven't seen at town for a long while if ever and something to get used to.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:49 - Jan 25 with 2426 viewsFightingEssex

He’s not impressed for us yet and we need to get a ton of people off the books, if we got a fee that’s a positive if he’s not playing here.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:53 - Jan 25 with 2330 viewsSteve_M

Less fussed than I would be for Pigott.

Lovely player, capable of playing some superb football but drifts out of games far too easily. The ball he played to Bonne, who didn't react quickly enough, just before half-time at Charlton sums him up I think, it was superb but he did very little else all game.

I think we have better players who come in ahead of him.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:54 - Jan 25 with 2320 viewsRobTheMonk

I think he's a quality player myself, but if we can use the funds to go and offer Celina a contract then I'd be game.
Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:57 - Jan 25 with 2257 viewsN2_Blue

I can't say I'd be gutted to lose him especially if get a reasonable fee.
Flattered to deceive and goes missing too much in games for my liking.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:05 - Jan 25 with 2086 viewsParky

Should be keeping him imo.
Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:05 - Jan 25 with 2081 viewsRadlett_blue

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 12:47 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

Again it's not a negative way of recruiting its done all over the world. But it's something we haven't seen at town for a long while if ever and something to get used to.

So who is choosing (or approving) player signings at Town. Obviously Ashton has a say, certainly as far as fess & contracts are concerned, but is it the likes of Gary Probert, Andy Rolls etc? Obviously McKenna will have a strong say. I'm more comfortable with an overall football strategy than giving the manager a free rein, but he clearly needs to be able to work well with the "football operations team".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:07 - Jan 25 with 2042 viewsdavblue

Do you know that for sure?
Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:13 - Jan 25 with 1962 viewsChurchman

On what basis do you say that? Has Cook said so? When did he object to this signing? Has the Bristol chap confirmed it? It seems a little broad brush to say that all successful transfers were Cook’s and all the not so ones were Ashton’s. Again, I invite you to directly challenge Ashton on it because if you are right, he has directly lied to all of us which is unacceptable.

As it goes, KM has chosen none of the current players bar possibly Bakinson and Walton.

The reality is that Fraser wants to go to Swansea, Swansea want him and we recoup our money (or most of it), what’s not to like? At worst it gives KM more license to mould the squad the way he wants it.
Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:14 - Jan 25 with 1948 viewsMetal_Hacker

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:07 - Jan 25 by davblue

Do you know that for sure?

Think we all know the answer to that one

Poll: If it were one or the other

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:14 - Jan 25 with 1935 viewsStokieBlue

Where is your evidence?

Also, you were wrong the other day, KM has the final say on transfers:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mckenna-on-itfc-transfer-policy-863733

“Absolutely, of course. Anyone who comes in the building it’s going to be my final decision on it. "

SB

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:20 - Jan 25 with 1878 viewsFrimleyBlue

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:14 - Jan 25 by StokieBlue

Where is your evidence?

Also, you were wrong the other day, KM has the final say on transfers:

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/mckenna-on-itfc-transfer-policy-863733

“Absolutely, of course. Anyone who comes in the building it’s going to be my final decision on it. "

SB

Bored of going through it again and again SB.

You seem to think that a manager signing off a signing is the same the manager choosing someone. It's not.

But can't be bothered to try to explain football to you.

Waka waka eh eh

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:22 - Jan 25 with 1841 viewshype313

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:20 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

Bored of going through it again and again SB.

You seem to think that a manager signing off a signing is the same the manager choosing someone. It's not.

But can't be bothered to try to explain football to you.

What? Stokie clearly shows the sentence “Absolutely, of course. Anyone who comes in the building it’s going to be my final decision on it. "

Why are you reading things completely different to the rest of us?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:27 - Jan 25 with 1812 viewsfranz_tyson

Maybe we can’t get him in the side because Aluko, Chaplin and Celina are in front of him.

Just weird how we stock-piled players who were all in competition with one another, yet when we perhaps lose Morsy through suspension, we’re struggling to find a suitable replacement.

Not sure our recruitment was that well thought out. I quite liked Fraser who has a lovely pass on him, but he never fit what we wanted.
Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:32 - Jan 25 with 1769 viewsFrimleyBlue

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:22 - Jan 25 by hype313

What? Stokie clearly shows the sentence “Absolutely, of course. Anyone who comes in the building it’s going to be my final decision on it. "

Why are you reading things completely different to the rest of us?

Because KM does just as PC did He asks for a player of certain profile. The club got him one. Thank you. Job done. It's not a KM specific target It's a positional target and meets the profile requested

Only reason I brought up ashson signings for the PC squad is because it was never a PC put together squad his job was to make it.work he didn't. That's on him. And why players like fraser. Pigott haven't worked out as much as their profile suggests they should have as they just didn't end up suiting what the manager needed. KM mentions it quite well in regards to the profile of the new fella.

Again it's not wrong. It's football and KM will be in a better position to make it work better than PC as KM had already shown he has more than 1 formation to use.

Waka waka eh eh

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:34 - Jan 25 with 1742 viewsStokieBlue

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:32 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

Because KM does just as PC did He asks for a player of certain profile. The club got him one. Thank you. Job done. It's not a KM specific target It's a positional target and meets the profile requested

Only reason I brought up ashson signings for the PC squad is because it was never a PC put together squad his job was to make it.work he didn't. That's on him. And why players like fraser. Pigott haven't worked out as much as their profile suggests they should have as they just didn't end up suiting what the manager needed. KM mentions it quite well in regards to the profile of the new fella.

Again it's not wrong. It's football and KM will be in a better position to make it work better than PC as KM had already shown he has more than 1 formation to use.

The quote literally disagrees with you.

KM is the primary source.

You are an derived secondary source at best.

Honestly, kids learn this stuff at primary school, you need to take a step back.

SB
[Post edited 25 Jan 2022 13:35]

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:41 - Jan 25 with 1682 viewsChurchman

Swans in for Fraser supposedly on 13:32 - Jan 25 by FrimleyBlue

You are again presenting this as fact, not as an opinion or even an interpretation. As such you are saying MA has lied to one and all. It’s no good snowing it over with an ‘it’s not wrong’. A lie is always wrong. You should approach him and make that accusation and let us know his response.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024