Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… 20:29 - Jul 31 with 3141 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Discuss.
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:31 - Jul 31 with 2739 viewshomer_123

I suggested Emma Hayes as a potential Town manager.

You should have seen some of the replies.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:32 - Jul 31 with 2716 viewsibbleobble

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:31 - Jul 31 by homer_123

It was a bad idea then and it’s a bad idea now.
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:33 - Jul 31 with 2699 viewshomer_123

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:32 - Jul 31 by ibbleobble

Have you seen what she has achieved.

We've been a ground breaking club over the years...

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:42 - Jul 31 with 2617 viewsVeggie

Why not - I like her style
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:42 - Jul 31 with 2636 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:33 - Jul 31 by homer_123

Thats why we gave McKenna his first job isn't it?

I'm not saying Hayes or Weigman wouldn't make very good managers at professional level in the mens game by the way, I'm sure they would. But in a game that is deeply misogynistic, (amongst other things), It would require a club to not only be ground breaking, but incredibly supportive, and a brave club too, brave enough to be prepared to sack players who disrespect them as managers.

Optics are another option, let's say we had taken Hayes instead of Cook, and then she had the same start as Cook. The vast majority of fans in the stadium would turn on her far quicker than they did on Cook, and then when the inevitable sacking comes......

I don't subscribe to any of these things, but I know footballers and football fans, and this is what would happen for sure.

I think it'll happen at some point soon, but I think its likely to begin in the non-league first.

**Edit** You only need to read some of the replies to Glasgow Blue's post about Kelly taking her top off after scoring.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 20:44]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:43 - Jul 31 with 2629 viewsibbleobble

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:33 - Jul 31 by homer_123

The women’s game has only been fully professional for a few years. The gulf between a fully fledged professional men’s side and semi-professional career are seismic let alone the chasm between the attributes of the female and male game.

It’s a no from me.
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:46 - Jul 31 with 2588 viewsjeera

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:43 - Jul 31 by ibbleobble

The women’s game has only been fully professional for a few years. The gulf between a fully fledged professional men’s side and semi-professional career are seismic let alone the chasm between the attributes of the female and male game.

It’s a no from me.

You logged on just to put down Toone's opener.

You clearly have an issue with women.

And judging on your previous posting an issue with equality in general.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2022 20:47]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:48 - Jul 31 with 2538 viewshomer_123

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:42 - Jul 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

I'm not saying Hayes or Weigman wouldn't make very good managers at professional level in the mens game by the way, I'm sure they would. But in a game that is deeply misogynistic, (amongst other things), It would require a club to not only be ground breaking, but incredibly supportive, and a brave club too, brave enough to be prepared to sack players who disrespect them as managers.

Optics are another option, let's say we had taken Hayes instead of Cook, and then she had the same start as Cook. The vast majority of fans in the stadium would turn on her far quicker than they did on Cook, and then when the inevitable sacking comes......

I don't subscribe to any of these things, but I know footballers and football fans, and this is what would happen for sure.

I think it'll happen at some point soon, but I think its likely to begin in the non-league first.

**Edit** You only need to read some of the replies to Glasgow Blue's post about Kelly taking her top off after scoring.

It will start somewhere and soon.

Your assertions are likely very true and likely as ingrained as existing issues around racism.

Login to get fewer ads

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 21:01 - Jul 31 with 2473 viewsJ2BLUE

No.

Not because she isn't up to it but because she would deserve a Premier League/Champions League job with her CV and yet we have people suggesting her for us and we saw the Chelsea manager linked with Wimbledon.

It's pretty insulting really.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 22:27 - Jul 31 with 2208 viewsDavoIPB

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:46 - Jul 31 by jeera

Maybe he does but what he says is still correct. Huge gulf between the two games, Ipswich despite how bad we are would easily beat the England women's team in a game of football.
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 23:29 - Jul 31 with 2069 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:31 - Jul 31 by homer_123

Did you read what she said about the idea herself?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12206672/emma-hayes-shuts-down-afc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46928358

So, unless a Championship or Premier League team are going to take a look at the idea, I think it is very unlikely. I suspect that eventually a female manager will make a big enough name for themselves that a men's team at Championship or lower Premier League level will see it as good publicity at the least and go for it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 23:32 - Jul 31 with 2060 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 22:27 - Jul 31 by DavoIPB

Maybe he does but what he says is still correct. Huge gulf between the two games, Ipswich despite how bad we are would easily beat the England women's team in a game of football.

And David Haye would beat Amir Khan, but the same coach could prepare either of them for a fight.
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 23:46 - Jul 31 with 2004 viewsjeera

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 22:27 - Jul 31 by DavoIPB

But that's not what I said.

He literally logged on during the game to put down Toone's goal. And downvoted posts praising her.

Who the fck logs on during the women's final to do that?

That's not normal. If that's not trolling then I don't know what it is. If it is then it's extremely sad and if it isn't then it's worrying that a man could be that resentful of women doing well at something.

The other day it was race remarks so clearly some serious insecurities at work.

So no, not correct, just unpleasant.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 07:17 - Aug 1 with 1759 viewsglasso

I think it'll happen in a League 2/slightly lower league team soon. No idea what wages the women's managers are on but I'm sure it can be matched by a lower league pro men's team.

They'll need to do far better than a man would in order to rise through the leagues, but all it'll take is one doing it successfully and then we'll see more of it, I suspect.

I agree with other people saying it's daft to suggest it for Ipswich. Too big a club with too much pressure (which would be multiplied x 10 for the first female manager). McKenna was 'new' but had been at Man United, which gave him an air of respectability.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it happens in the next year or two
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 07:22 - Aug 1 with 1738 viewsElephantintheRoom

Rod Liddle wrote an amusing piece in The Times about making her the England manager and making Southgate the water boy - largely because she seems able to make telling substitutions

It could be worth a try.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 07:28 - Aug 1 with 1718 viewshomer_123

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 23:29 - Jul 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

Did you read what she said about the idea herself?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12206672/emma-hayes-shuts-down-afc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46928358

So, unless a Championship or Premier League team are going to take a look at the idea, I think it is very unlikely. I suspect that eventually a female manager will make a big enough name for themselves that a men's team at Championship or lower Premier League level will see it as good publicity at the least and go for it.

I did indeed.

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 07:35 - Aug 1 with 1690 viewsSheffordBlue

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 21:01 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

No.

Not because she isn't up to it but because she would deserve a Premier League/Champions League job with her CV and yet we have people suggesting her for us and we saw the Chelsea manager linked with Wimbledon.

It's pretty insulting really.

While I agree that it would be a drop down I think there is a certain reality to it that means someone will have to take a job a bit further down the pyramid to break the taboo and to show that there is a comparison at the managerial level between the mens and womens games.

I think a reasonable technical comparison is a top premier league coach (e.g McKenna) or Premier League U23 manager going straight into a Premier league managerial role - it just doesn't happen very often because it's a huge gamble - with the money involved in the Prem there are few owners willing to take that gamble on someone untested.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 10:18 - Aug 1 with 1436 viewsStokieBlue

You've constructed an equivalence between the ability differential between a male and female playing side and a male and female manager where it's far from clear such an equivalence exists.

Whether a male side could beat a female side is irrelevant when discussing whether a female manager good do a good job managing a men's team.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 10:30 - Aug 1 with 1385 viewsThatMuhrenCross

I hope it happens.

She'd need someone with lots of experience in the men's game as an assistant, as I'm sure there are a number of day to day differences on the training ground. However, tactically she's brilliant and clearly an inspirational leader.

It would be absolutely ground-breaking if it happened.

Poll: Ipswich offer you 10k a week, Norwich offer you 20k. Who do you join?
Blog: The Cashless Debate

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 11:12 - Aug 1 with 1276 viewsclive_baker

Why not. I feel like assistant manager is a good progression, if that can be normalised then it’s a big step towards management. I feel a bit sorry for whoever that first female manager is though, no doubt every defeat will be because she’s a woman for some idiots. Like when Sian Massey was flying the flag (pun intended) for female officials. But I see no reason why women can’t manage in the mens game, as I see no reason why men can’t (and do) manage in the womens game.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 12:07 - Aug 1 with 1191 viewsVaughan8

I know people don't like to hear it, but the mens and womens game is totally different.

Men's game has so many egos which I'm thinking the womens game doesnt.

The level is totally different. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. England have a very good team and should have been there or there abouts in the Euros.

Maybe lower leagues might give her a go. It would be a massive risk though!
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 12:09 - Aug 1 with 1162 viewsSwansea_Blue

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:42 - Jul 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

If FGR can go vegan, I'd say anything is possible!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 12:13 - Aug 1 with 1130 viewsBluefields

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:32 - Jul 31 by ibbleobble

Emma Hayes would make a brilliant manager at a lot higher level than Town currently are in. Watch the documentary on youtube channel DAZN about her and her Chelsea team it very good.
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 12:20 - Aug 1 with 1113 viewsSkip_Intro

Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 20:46 - Jul 31 by jeera

I know nothing of their posting history and so can't comment.
I'm all for equal opportunities and was happy to see the Lionesses do so well.
I'm just curious as to what part of his post below is untrue (albeit exaggerated for effect!).
The women's game is behind the men's game in terms of structure and steps are being made to address this - and rightly so.
They are different games in terms of physicality and style - surely even the most ardent Lionesses fan would admit that?
I think it's widely acknowleged that a top tier womens team would not be a match for a top tier mens team. That's not to say that the womens game isn't good to watch or that it is of a poor standard - it's just different isn't it?
Not trying to troll or be negative - I hope that you know that's not my style - just genuinely interested in your view.

"The women’s game has only been fully professional for a few years. The gulf between a fully fledged professional men’s side and semi-professional career are seismic let alone the chasm between the attributes of the female and male game. "
Wiegman as a future professional men’s team manager… on 12:23 - Aug 1 with 1104 viewsCopfordBlue

I hope so and because of her record and the way she comes across I am sure she would be respected by the players. I’d like to see Southgate invite her to join the coaching staff for the World Cup.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024