Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) 18:25 - Aug 11 with 3929 viewsitfcjoe

When you read what was said about Kyle Edwards:

“Just with the Carabao Cup, to be honest, it was a decision to help Kyle as what we don’t want to do is tie him for the season for the sake of an appearance in that competition, where you can only play for two clubs over the course of a season.

“If he played some minutes the other night, that would possibly limit him with regards to loan moves or maybe a permanent move in this window or the next window.

“We made that decision with him that for the Carabao Cup, so he keeps his eligibility until the end of the window. And then after that, we will see.

I don’t see why we made the decision to bring Humphreys on for 20 minutes the other night.

If he is to go out on loan, it means that it has to be the absolute perfect loan.

If he rips it up we don’t have the option of pulling him back and sending him to a better team. If a manager changes and a club and he drops out of team we don’t have option of pulling him back and sending him elsewhere.

Just seems a bit careless and unnecessary when we are clearly thinking about these things.

Ditto Elkan Baggott, although he started and first time in a year McK had a good look at him so a bit more understandable
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 7:17]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 18:32 - Aug 11 with 3649 viewsKeno

Maybe the expectation is with Can and Ellie that go somewhere too get league game time and then come back (January if needed)

But Kyle just wants to be settled in a team longer term

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 18:55 - Aug 11 with 3526 viewsbazza

I trust McKenna and his judgement. That is all I’ve got to say about that.
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 19:32 - Aug 11 with 3390 viewsBiGDonnie

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 18:55 - Aug 11 by bazza

I trust McKenna and his judgement. That is all I’ve got to say about that.

Agreed. We're probably waiting to see who we bring in before making a decision on them both, which I'm fine with.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 19:58 - Aug 11 with 3319 viewsGuthrum

With Baggott, I think there was little alternative if we wanted to change both CBs for the match. There isn't really anyone else, without sticking people in other than their usual positions.

I do wonder if they are going to keep Humphreys around as a fully integrated squad member, albeit mainly a bench option. He can cover both midfield and more attacking roles, plus cup games.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 20:03 - Aug 11 with 3293 viewsnodge_blue

I think theres a real chance both dont go on loan and stay for the season. Especially if we dont get our targets. So i think it was seeing how they perform against decent L1 side.

And even then, im sure if a club really want one of them the cup thing is a bit of a red herring.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 06:29 - Aug 12 with 2697 viewsElephantintheRoom

It’s franchise football - and you’re confusing it with what used to be Ipswich Town. Humphreys’ Town career ended with the signing of the arthritic Aussie. And the coffin was nailed by prioritising the signing of yet another bloke from Posh. Baggott is similarly boxed in by lesser signed in players when it was clear he could be very good years ago.

Must be dispiriting to be in and around the academy nowadays as it’s a pointless existence. Which I guess is the point Dyer made

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 07:03 - Aug 12 with 2626 viewsPique

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 06:29 - Aug 12 by ElephantintheRoom

It’s franchise football - and you’re confusing it with what used to be Ipswich Town. Humphreys’ Town career ended with the signing of the arthritic Aussie. And the coffin was nailed by prioritising the signing of yet another bloke from Posh. Baggott is similarly boxed in by lesser signed in players when it was clear he could be very good years ago.

Must be dispiriting to be in and around the academy nowadays as it’s a pointless existence. Which I guess is the point Dyer made

No true Town fan would ever refer to Luongo in those terms after what he's done for us, so you've given yourself away there - just like you did when you referred to the 2000 Play Off final win as an 'anticlimax'.

It's the little mistakes that trip you up in the end.
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 07:23 - Aug 12 with 2543 viewsAVJones

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 06:29 - Aug 12 by ElephantintheRoom

In your mind I presume there are still reserve teams, and the Combination League, to bring through young players - there aren’t. A shame, but a fact.

All well-run clubs aim to develop players through a mixture of experience of matches at a lower level (requiring them to go out on loan as no reserve teams) and training with the first team.

If and when they are ready they’ll play, as was shown last year with Humphreys. His issue is not capability, more it is about gaining strength and practising decision making. Lower risk to do that at a lower level, if needed. A judgement call as to where and for how long.

And why the need to insult a player? Did you call Beattie “arthritic Kev” because he had chronic injuries? My guess is not.
Login to get fewer ads

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 07:39 - Aug 12 with 2449 viewsxrayspecs

I suspect the difference is the KE has no future at Town while CH and EB are being developed for the first team squad over next season or two.

We may not be able to sell KE this window, so the club (and player) want maximum flexibility, so no point him being cup tied.

For both EB and CH, it appears to be a close call between going out to get games and staying and developing with the group. CH is likely go get onto the bench with nine subs.

If either were to go out on loan this half season, then it would be to a club with the expectation that they get game time, else they come back to the first team squad in January. Alternatively, stay with the group until January, and then look for a single window loan.

EB will be a senior pro next season (CH has one further season as a U21), so you can see a 1-2 season pathway into the first team squad as senior pros, which may not need them to go out on loan. EB has had a few spells away from the club and has international experience. CH got game time last season and could be in the Phil Foden mode of learning at the club.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 7:44]
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 07:55 - Aug 12 with 2341 viewsBlueBoots

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 07:39 - Aug 12 by xrayspecs

I suspect the difference is the KE has no future at Town while CH and EB are being developed for the first team squad over next season or two.

We may not be able to sell KE this window, so the club (and player) want maximum flexibility, so no point him being cup tied.

For both EB and CH, it appears to be a close call between going out to get games and staying and developing with the group. CH is likely go get onto the bench with nine subs.

If either were to go out on loan this half season, then it would be to a club with the expectation that they get game time, else they come back to the first team squad in January. Alternatively, stay with the group until January, and then look for a single window loan.

EB will be a senior pro next season (CH has one further season as a U21), so you can see a 1-2 season pathway into the first team squad as senior pros, which may not need them to go out on loan. EB has had a few spells away from the club and has international experience. CH got game time last season and could be in the Phil Foden mode of learning at the club.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 7:44]

Pretty much this...with Edwards we're protecting ourselves if we don't manage to find a buyer this summer. We won't play him before the window closes, as If we end up finding him a loan instead he'll be more visible to other clubs and it rules out the possibility of selling him to clubs other than the one who took him on loan/

With CH and EB, K McK is obviously happy with how well they're developing through training with the squad; with Edwards ruled out, it leaves us a couple of players light (23) of a full squad, so can't see us moving them on until we bring someone in. Plus, if they do go out on loan we'd be hoping for the kind of match we made with El Miz last season; if that didn't work out, both would be useful players to have back in the squad for the 2nd half of the season when injuries / suspensions could kick in.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 08:08 - Aug 12 with 2242 viewsGlasgowBlue

Enough already. We get yiu hate the club and it’s current owners, but this is getting tedious to the extreme.

Fook off to another club’s site if all you are going to do is moan.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 08:23 - Aug 12 with 2155 viewsArnieM

Ahhhhh poor bitter budgie. Not going well at carrot rooood for you is it! 6 easy points for Town this season. And I see Lush Delia has pocketed yet more money from selling off the Crown Jewels whilst she brings in ageing journeymen with their zimmer frames

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 11:38 - Aug 12 with 1897 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 19:58 - Aug 11 by Guthrum

With Baggott, I think there was little alternative if we wanted to change both CBs for the match. There isn't really anyone else, without sticking people in other than their usual positions.

I do wonder if they are going to keep Humphreys around as a fully integrated squad member, albeit mainly a bench option. He can cover both midfield and more attacking roles, plus cup games.

My gut feeling is that Humphreys has many attributes that would allow him to cover Full/Wing Back as well.

He deserves to be in our squad, in my opinion, based on his appearances last season, but, either way, needs game time.

Jack Taylor has come in ahead of him as a "Central Midfielder who can also play Number 10 type roles", though.
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 11:49 - Aug 12 with 1841 viewsBigCommon

That's the thing though. Baggot and Humphreys both need the " perfect" loan. Otherwise they might as well stay here and continue to improve in and around our first team squad and staff...Baggot, for instance, has improved massively, according to KM, just over the last 2 months pre season. Which illustrates what a waste of time his Cheltenham loan was, second half of last season...
The language suggests, imo,that KM wants to leave as many options available for Edwards to be elsewhere, either loan or transfer, throughout the entire season.. He just appears to be out of KMs first team plans now, it would seem.
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 11:55 - Aug 12 with 1816 viewsFBI

You just embarrassing yourself now.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:04 - Aug 12 with 1771 viewsRyorry

Why the hell are you still on this forum when you obviously hate us so much?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:07 - Aug 12 with 1755 viewsCrockerITFC

More like Bellephant in the room, with an emphasis on the bell
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:24 - Aug 12 with 1663 viewsleitrimblue

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:07 - Aug 12 by CrockerITFC

More like Bellephant in the room, with an emphasis on the bell

Massive Bellephant in the room?
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:28 - Aug 12 with 1639 viewsRyorry

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:24 - Aug 12 by leitrimblue

Massive Bellephant in the room?

Or Massive BellInfant?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:31 - Aug 12 with 1624 viewsleitrimblue

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:28 - Aug 12 by Ryorry

Or Massive BellInfant?

Yer, works just as well
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:34 - Aug 12 with 1608 viewsKropotkin123

Baggott, "boxed in by lesser signed in players" such as academy graduate Woolfenden.

BudgieInTheRoom strikes again.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 14:05 - Aug 12 with 1395 viewsNthQldITFC

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 12:31 - Aug 12 by leitrimblue

Yer, works just as well

El Inphatile is my favourite, senor.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 14:09 - Aug 12 with 1374 viewsNthQldITFC

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 11:49 - Aug 12 by BigCommon

That's the thing though. Baggot and Humphreys both need the " perfect" loan. Otherwise they might as well stay here and continue to improve in and around our first team squad and staff...Baggot, for instance, has improved massively, according to KM, just over the last 2 months pre season. Which illustrates what a waste of time his Cheltenham loan was, second half of last season...
The language suggests, imo,that KM wants to leave as many options available for Edwards to be elsewhere, either loan or transfer, throughout the entire season.. He just appears to be out of KMs first team plans now, it would seem.

Everything KM has just said on the interview on Radio Suffolk suggests that the best 'development pathway' for Baggott might well be here, irrespective of limited competitive game time.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 14:14 - Aug 12 with 1347 viewsleitrimblue

I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 14:05 - Aug 12 by NthQldITFC

El Inphatile is my favourite, senor.

As a nice cosmopolitan/ European feel to it
I don’t get what we’ve done with Humphreys (and to an extent Baggott) on 14:37 - Aug 12 with 1260 viewsBiGDonnie

Why is this C-unit still allowed to post here. Weird.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024