Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club 18:21 - May 28 with 5284 viewsBluefish

But Paul Hurst is our most important manager appointment since Burley and Lyall, Robson and Ramsey before him

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:24 - May 28 with 5248 viewstextbackup

someone had a BH beer

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:25 - May 28 with 5234 viewsBluefish

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:24 - May 28 by textbackup

someone had a BH beer

Which bit? Do you blame Lyall for McGiven?

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:28 - May 28 with 5214 viewstextbackup

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:25 - May 28 by Bluefish

Which bit? Do you blame Lyall for McGiven?

no idea, I was about 7 years old

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:54 - May 28 with 5069 viewsSuperfrans

Mick was a very important manager in the life of the club, but in order of positive significance Ramsey and Robson are way ahead of anyone else. Then comes Burley, Lyall and McCarthy.

In terms of negative significance, Ferguson & Duncan failed to halt or reverse our decline post Robson. Although it’s very harsh to have expected any manager to keep us at the levels that Robs9n did.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 19:03 - May 28 with 5020 viewsgtsb

Why is he so important. The owner is more important now because Pep G would struggle on this budget.
Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 20:33 - May 28 with 4878 viewsTrequartista

Saviour from what? Relgation? Same as paul jewell then i guess. jack ross was the best candidate but evans dithered and he has gone. Hurst seems a bit john duncan to me limited lower league success and not known for expansive football but i guess its better than another dinosaur and we can all get behind him. All irrelevant though if evans doesnt back him with some decent money.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 22:55 - May 28 with 4682 viewsBlueBadger

Go to bed Fishers, you're drunk.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 08:03 - May 29 with 4491 viewsallezlesbleus

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 20:33 - May 28 by Trequartista

Saviour from what? Relgation? Same as paul jewell then i guess. jack ross was the best candidate but evans dithered and he has gone. Hurst seems a bit john duncan to me limited lower league success and not known for expansive football but i guess its better than another dinosaur and we can all get behind him. All irrelevant though if evans doesnt back him with some decent money.

Really?

"Hurst seems a bit john duncan to me limited lower league success".

But you prefer Ross, who has had limited lower league success.......in Scotland?

Weird.

I would have been happy with either; both being younger managers who have managed to do well with small clubs. But, out of the two, Hurst seems to have achieved more so far.
Login to get fewer ads

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 08:08 - May 29 with 4474 viewsitfcjoe

I think it always feels it at the time, but the reality is it's no bigger than any other one.

Mick was massive because we were on our way to L1, no doubt, and that relegation would've killed the club.

But this one feels massive, mainly because it is happening now in my view.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 08:10 - May 29 with 4467 viewsitfcjoe

Quick, better update your profile picture of Hurst with a red cross through him and then moan excessively for his whole reign and then be 'right' when he is inevitably sacked like all managers are.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 09:22 - May 29 with 4411 viewsKeno

Is Hurst the messiah?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 16:17 - May 31 with 4245 viewsTrequartista

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 08:10 - May 29 by itfcjoe

Quick, better update your profile picture of Hurst with a red cross through him and then moan excessively for his whole reign and then be 'right' when he is inevitably sacked like all managers are.

When i wrote that we can all get behind him i thought that would be intepreted as that we can all get behind him but seems not.

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 16:18 - May 31 with 4239 viewsTrequartista

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 08:03 - May 29 by allezlesbleus

Really?

But you prefer Ross, who has had limited lower league success.......in Scotland?

Weird.

I would have been happy with either; both being younger managers who have managed to do well with small clubs. But, out of the two, Hurst seems to have achieved more so far.

Yes he is more sir alex ferguson coming from st mirren:-)

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 16:34 - May 31 with 4186 viewsSwailsey

Oh my.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 16:36 - May 31 with 4178 viewsSpruceMoose

This post is even better if you imagine it being read by a crying 7 year old.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 16:37 - May 31 with 4173 viewsKieran_Knows

Dinosaur. How original.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 16:41 - May 31 with 4160 viewsblueislander

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 16:36 - May 31 by SpruceMoose

This post is even better if you imagine it being read by a crying 7 year old.

The absence of capital letters and punctuation suggest that it was written by a 7 year old.
Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 17:03 - May 31 with 4115 viewsTrequartista

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 16:41 - May 31 by blueislander

The absence of capital letters and punctuation suggest that it was written by a 7 year old.

*seven-year-old

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:44 - May 31 with 4016 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Still can't get over Jewell's departure?
Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 19:18 - May 31 with 3993 viewsSimonds92

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:44 - May 31 by Mach_foreignBlue

Still can't get over Jewell's departure?

To be honest he's not wrong regarding Jewell we had about 3 seasons in a row where we were terrible until around November / December and turned it around. Every next appointment is the most important one, its quite often used that cliche but it doesnt mean a great deal.
Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 19:24 - May 31 with 3981 viewsBluefish

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 19:18 - May 31 by Simonds92

To be honest he's not wrong regarding Jewell we had about 3 seasons in a row where we were terrible until around November / December and turned it around. Every next appointment is the most important one, its quite often used that cliche but it doesnt mean a great deal.

It misses the point though I was saying most important since Burley. It is a completely different type of appointment to MM or PJ. Hurst is not here to firefight, he is here to build

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 20:06 - May 31 with 3939 viewsBinner

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 18:54 - May 28 by Superfrans

Mick was a very important manager in the life of the club, but in order of positive significance Ramsey and Robson are way ahead of anyone else. Then comes Burley, Lyall and McCarthy.

In terms of negative significance, Ferguson & Duncan failed to halt or reverse our decline post Robson. Although it’s very harsh to have expected any manager to keep us at the levels that Robs9n did.

You've missed out McGarry. I'd have him ahead of McCarthy and Lyall.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 21:31 - May 31 with 3853 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 08:03 - May 29 by allezlesbleus

Really?

Weird.

Burley is a my preferred precedent of someone with limited lower league success coming to Town.

However it’s fair to say Hurst has more experience than either Burley or Duncan did when appointed.

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Mick McCarthy was a saviour for this club on 21:37 - May 31 with 3838 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

In reflection, now the dust has settled, I think anyone can be grateful and thankful for the work MM did for this club, a terrible state when he arrived. However certainly had 'outstayed his welcome' and is time for some to take us to that next stage.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024