Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pilkington 11:10 - Jan 8 with 4258 viewsSomethingBlue

Bit of a strange case. His career has gone off a cliff in the last couple of years and without asking around I'm not entirely sure why — he's not had a major injury since his Huddersfield days and on the face of things it appears Warnock simply didn't fancy him upon arriving at Cardiff, although you'd have to wonder why. General fitness level? Appears they've tried to move him on numerous times but the size of his contract got in the way; presumably at this stage he just needs to be playing football though.

Either way, he's only 30 and even in his sporadic appearances last season he made quite a notable contribution. Have always liked him — really entertaining to watch when on form and knows where the goal is too — and Lambert has certainly got a hell of a tune out of him in the past, so could be a very interesting one if it comes off.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pilkington on 11:12 - Jan 8 with 3732 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah agree with that, does seem odd that he's done nothing for 2 years whilst not being injured.

Was always a good player at Huddersfield & at Norwich.

Think he was Rhodes' main supplier in his Huddersfield days.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pilkington on 11:14 - Jan 8 with 3700 viewsHerbivore

Hope there's no attitude issues, last thing we need is an idiot on board.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pilkington on 11:14 - Jan 8 with 3699 viewsReuser_is_God

Pilkington on 11:14 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

We've already got enough idiots.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pilkington on 11:16 - Jan 8 with 3684 viewsFtnfwest

Not necessarily the issue with him but there's very much a change in dynamic now as regards players once they get to about 30, particularly in the top 2 divisions. I might be wrong but there seems to be far more replacement of that age of player for 'younger models' than there used to be. Longer contracts the norm for the younger ones i suppose..
Pilkington on 11:18 - Jan 8 with 3661 viewsBluefish

My assumption was that he lost a yard of pace and struggled to adapt

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Pilkington on 11:25 - Jan 8 with 3597 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Certainly worth asking the question why it is has gone off a cliff - but you would hope Lambert will get him going and his experience is right what we need. He's probably still better than Edwards!

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Pilkington on 11:26 - Jan 8 with 3585 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm not really to sure what to make of him signing. Think we've got to hope that Lambert can get the best out of him, again.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pilkington on 11:27 - Jan 8 with 3571 viewsMrTown

Pilkington on 11:14 - Jan 8 by Reuser_is_God

That made me laugh

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Pilkington on 11:29 - Jan 8 with 3551 viewsMrTown

Understand the concern, not unheard of though if you think though that Cardiff built an incredibly successful and efficient team, and maybe just break into a team that had nothing wrong with it. Also think Cardiff may have had better players which is hardly a shock.

Wonder if he didn't want to leave last year due to a promotion bonus in players contracts?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Pilkington on 11:32 - Jan 8 with 3540 viewsSWGF

He's a better option than Edwards/Sears and takes some pressure off Lankester as being the only wide player capable of creating something out of nothing.

Hopefully.

We can't ask for anything more at the moment. Just need players who are better than what we've got and see if PL can get some sort of tune out of them.

It's far too late but a midfield/width option of Skuse, Huws, Bishop and then Pilkington, Lankester gives a bit of everything. And I see no problem with the continual, guaranteed availability of all those players highlighted...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Pilkington on 11:36 - Jan 8 with 3503 viewsSomethingBlue

Pilkington on 11:32 - Jan 8 by SWGF

He's a better option than Edwards/Sears and takes some pressure off Lankester as being the only wide player capable of creating something out of nothing.

Hopefully.

We can't ask for anything more at the moment. Just need players who are better than what we've got and see if PL can get some sort of tune out of them.

It's far too late but a midfield/width option of Skuse, Huws, Bishop and then Pilkington, Lankester gives a bit of everything. And I see no problem with the continual, guaranteed availability of all those players highlighted...

Yes if we have those players — and Quaner, who I think can be a useful and versatile option on the flank too with his height and physique — then it's a lineup that should never be getting relegated. Need something very special from them now though.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Pilkington on 11:39 - Jan 8 with 3470 viewsSWGF

Pilkington on 11:36 - Jan 8 by SomethingBlue

Yes if we have those players — and Quaner, who I think can be a useful and versatile option on the flank too with his height and physique — then it's a lineup that should never be getting relegated. Need something very special from them now though.

Problem is the five players lined-up BEHIND *that* lineup, which certainly can get us relegated with little/no assistance!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Pilkington on 11:41 - Jan 8 with 3450 viewsbritbiker

Pilkington on 11:18 - Jan 8 by Bluefish

My assumption was that he lost a yard of pace and struggled to adapt

Maybe not. Sometimes its simply someone is playing well in front of them in the pecking order, especially with prem teams who can afford two quality players in each position.

Look at man city. Jesus doesnt always get a game but he is still quality.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2019 11:52]
Pilkington on 11:43 - Jan 8 with 3447 viewswkj

I am noticing a lot of "Is he good enough" threads pop up of late; we need to keep ourselves in check - beggars can't be choosers.

At this point we need to be happy the club are still investing, albeit in maybe a lesser degree than we'd like.

This is Lambo's time to shine, and to do that he needs players he can work with, so - that makes them good enough for me.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Pilkington on 11:53 - Jan 8 with 3353 viewschicoazul

Pilkington on 11:36 - Jan 8 by SomethingBlue

He can chop and change and bring in options all he likes up front but until we stop leaking goals we will not survive. The ongoing lack of concrete rumours, if such a thing can be said to exist aha, of good new defenders coming in (and probably a new GK too (and maybe a solid defensive midfielder)) is my real concern.

Not that I am that concerned as I know we are going down.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Oh do quit your pathetic whining Chickers on 11:54 - Jan 8 with 3347 viewsDyland

Pilkington on 11:53 - Jan 8 by chicoazul

He can chop and change and bring in options all he likes up front but until we stop leaking goals we will not survive. The ongoing lack of concrete rumours, if such a thing can be said to exist aha, of good new defenders coming in (and probably a new GK too (and maybe a solid defensive midfielder)) is my real concern.

Not that I am that concerned as I know we are going down.

We are going to win our next ten games.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Oh do quit your pathetic whining Chickers on 11:57 - Jan 8 with 3316 viewschicoazul

Oh do quit your pathetic whining Chickers on 11:54 - Jan 8 by Dyland

We are going to win our next ten games.

Sugartits, I have some beans here that I would like to sell you...

(I hope youre right)

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Pilkington on 11:59 - Jan 8 with 3300 viewsDeano69

Pilkington on 11:14 - Jan 8 by Reuser_is_God

When something is made idiot proof, they will just make better idiots.
– Stephen Hawking

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Pilkington on 12:02 - Jan 8 with 3287 viewsCoastalblue

Could be an absolute quality signing and one who I doubt would have looked at us unless Lambert was here. He is only 30 so if he performs and enjoys himself it might be nice to think he could conceivably be here for a couple of years.

Whilst I get the worry about the defence, anybody who watches us would, part of the problem with it is that they never ever get a break in games, if the ball starts to stick up top a little more then that actually might make a big difference at the back too.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Pilkington on 12:06 - Jan 8 with 3256 viewsBluebell

Pilkington on 11:12 - Jan 8 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah agree with that, does seem odd that he's done nothing for 2 years whilst not being injured.

Was always a good player at Huddersfield & at Norwich.

Think he was Rhodes' main supplier in his Huddersfield days.

'Think he was Rhodes' main supplier in his Huddersfield days.'

Supplier of what!
Pilkington on 12:06 - Jan 8 with 3257 viewsitfc48

Warnock likes his wingers to be strong defensively which I guess is the reason for Pilkington's and Tomlin's absences. I recall him criticising the defensive abilities of the lad they signed from up the road earlier on in the season.
Pilkington on 12:26 - Jan 8 with 3143 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who knows. If he's not been playing, there's no way for any of us to judge him. Hopefully we've done some due diligence rather than relying solely on Lambert's views of him from 4 years ago or his last full season 2 years ago.

We'll find out soon enough I expect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pilkington on 12:29 - Jan 8 with 3106 viewsHerbivore

Pilkington on 11:14 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

Nobody? I'm wasted on this place.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pilkington on 12:55 - Jan 8 with 2957 viewsBiGDonnie

Pilkington on 12:29 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

Ha, I was going to comment but thought better of it. New year n all that....

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Pilkington on 13:00 - Jan 8 with 2927 viewsTractorJack

Pilkington on 12:29 - Jan 8 by Herbivore

He can kick a ball like a f*cking orange.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024