Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So...holidays abroad 10:22 - Mar 26 with 3947 viewsFixed_It

What are people's thoughts?

We are meant to be flying out to the States at the end of July. Have kind of got to the stage where we don't expect to be able to go, but if we do it'll be a bonus. Anyone else in a similar position?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So...holidays abroad on 10:24 - Mar 26 with 3141 viewsSteve_M

I imagine that, even if Europe has stabilised by then, the US is not a place anyone will want to be visiting this year.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'm booked up for NYC..... on 10:29 - Mar 26 with 3113 viewsBloots

….Atlantic City and then the US Open in mid June.

Wrote it off weeks ago, luckily it was booked on a CC long before CV19 made an appearance so refunds won't be an issue one way or another.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

So...holidays abroad on 10:31 - Mar 26 with 3095 viewsBloomBlue

Surely the only way we can stop this spreading again is to ban all holiday (non essential) travel out/in to any Country in the world for the next 12months?
So...holidays abroad on 10:33 - Mar 26 with 3082 viewsGlasgowBlue

Thankfully, due to work, I rarely plan anything too far in advance. Regardless, I’ll be holidaying in the U.K. fir the next couple of years to support the U.K. economy. Well that’s the excuse I’ll be giving the kids.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So...holidays abroad on 10:41 - Mar 26 with 3042 viewsBlueBadger

Our old-skool Pub Outing(end of April) to Benidorm is definitely off, I'm probably not going to fly out to Portugal in June/July to visit the in-laws.

Personally, we're planning nothing before September/October. I we go anywhere that isn't West Suffolk between now and then it'll likely be visiting friends relatively nearby.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 10:46]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm booked up for NYC..... on 10:41 - Mar 26 with 3037 viewsFixed_It

I'm booked up for NYC..... on 10:29 - Mar 26 by Bloots

….Atlantic City and then the US Open in mid June.

Wrote it off weeks ago, luckily it was booked on a CC long before CV19 made an appearance so refunds won't be an issue one way or another.

Yeah - have used CC so hopefully that should be straight forward.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

So...holidays abroad on 10:45 - Mar 26 with 3023 viewsStokieBlue

The US is looking awful, I don't think that will be ready by July.

We are supposed to be going to Malaysia end of August but at the moment I'd say that's looking pretty doubtful.

We honestly have very little data on what it's like after lockdowns have been lifted so it's impossible to say.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So...holidays abroad on 10:49 - Mar 26 with 2998 viewsJakeITFC

It’s my 30th birthday next week so had lots of plans for that - I imagine the majority of my mates will be in a similar state of having to stay indoors for it unfortunately.

I’ve had to cancel trips to Amsterdam and Madrid next month, with a NYC/Vegas/Miami trip also about to be canned for May.

Had tickets for all England games at the Euros so the trips to knockout round places (likely Dublin/Rome) also gone.

My one hope is that a good friends wedding in India in November can go ahead, but I’m really not optimistic that air travel to anywhere is going to be a goer for the next 12 months.
Login to get fewer ads

So...holidays abroad on 10:57 - Mar 26 with 2971 viewsPendejo

Was due to fly to Colombia end of April, I guess we will defer tickets to 2021, as I'm already on an enforced 3 month lay off so won't want to take a holiday in 2020.

In some ways would rather we were there when the skies close as my wife's family have a rural home in the hot lowlands between the eastern and western Andes. Access to mountain springs with plenty of farms nearby. The abundance of spring water also means it has a brewery.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

So...holidays abroad on 11:10 - Mar 26 with 2937 viewsfactual_blue

We're next due to go abroad (Italy ) at the start of September.
Got to pay the balance of the deposit by next week. Probably touch and go at the moment..

Although two UK breaks cancelled.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So...holidays abroad on 11:25 - Mar 26 with 2903 viewsmonytowbray

I've cancelled my AirBnB and am looking to get flight refunds for a NY trip in June.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So...holidays abroad on 11:29 - Mar 26 with 2882 viewsbefxblue

Due to do a weekend in Venice end of April, New York for 40th mid May.....
So...holidays abroad on 11:32 - Mar 26 with 2863 viewswerringtonblue

Did Mexico in January so at least I got a holiday..... this year is (well was) all about putting money into UK events rather than holiday - theatre, concerts, comedy etc. So far we've had cancelled:

local theatre for Jeeves & Wooster last week,
Blithe Spirit with Jen Saunders last Sat,
David Gray at o2 was tonight,
Book of Mormon in Brum on Saturday,
was due to take my 89 year old Mum to Ipswich Empire on Sunday to see Alfie Boe & Michael Ball,
Roachford in London on 3 April,
Elbow in Manchester on 4 April
Rumours of Fleetwood Mac (tribute) on 19 April

Now waiting for cancellations of a load of other things.

Edit - yes - Brum not Bum as I originally typed :-)

Hey ho - there will hopefully be another time to do these things
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 11:33]
So...holidays abroad on 11:39 - Mar 26 with 2839 viewsSpruceMoose

So...holidays abroad on 10:45 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

We are supposed to be going to Malaysia end of August but at the moment I'd say that's looking pretty doubtful.

We honestly have very little data on what it's like after lockdowns have been lifted so it's impossible to say.

SB

Yeah... I'm going to be stuck here for God knows how long now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So...holidays abroad on 11:43 - Mar 26 with 2794 viewsFixed_It

So...holidays abroad on 11:39 - Mar 26 by SpruceMoose

It's OK - it will have blown over by Easter. Trumpy said so.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

At least you avoided.... on 11:46 - Mar 26 with 2775 viewsBloots

So...holidays abroad on 11:32 - Mar 26 by werringtonblue

Did Mexico in January so at least I got a holiday..... this year is (well was) all about putting money into UK events rather than holiday - theatre, concerts, comedy etc. So far we've had cancelled:

local theatre for Jeeves & Wooster last week,
Blithe Spirit with Jen Saunders last Sat,
David Gray at o2 was tonight,
Book of Mormon in Brum on Saturday,
was due to take my 89 year old Mum to Ipswich Empire on Sunday to see Alfie Boe & Michael Ball,
Roachford in London on 3 April,
Elbow in Manchester on 4 April
Rumours of Fleetwood Mac (tribute) on 19 April

Now waiting for cancellations of a load of other things.

Edit - yes - Brum not Bum as I originally typed :-)

Hey ho - there will hopefully be another time to do these things
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 11:33]

….having to see David Gray.

Every cloud and all that.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

At least you avoided.... on 11:47 - Mar 26 with 2773 viewswerringtonblue

At least you avoided.... on 11:46 - Mar 26 by Bloots

….having to see David Gray.

Every cloud and all that.

Each to their own - I'll get to see the rearranged gig hopefully
So...holidays abroad on 11:49 - Mar 26 with 2768 viewsSpruceMoose

Blown up. He meant blown up maybe...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So...holidays abroad on 11:55 - Mar 26 with 2745 viewsStokieBlue

What's it like there in reality?

Huge argument between the NY governor and Trump seems to be ongoing with the governor seemingly completely in the right.

Is NYC on full lockdown? It really should be given the levels which are being seen there. The US will overtake China in infections this weekend if it doesn't by the end of the tomorrow.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So...holidays abroad on 11:57 - Mar 26 with 2734 viewspeterleeblue

So...holidays abroad on 10:45 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

SB

I heard the US of A will be open for business at Easter!!
So...holidays abroad on 12:09 - Mar 26 with 2690 viewsWestover

So...holidays abroad on 10:31 - Mar 26 by BloomBlue

Surely the only way we can stop this spreading again is to ban all holiday (non essential) travel out/in to any Country in the world for the next 12months?

My partner is looking after her daughter after an operation in the UK and it looks like she won't be able to get back here in Portugal until July at the earliest.😱
So...holidays abroad on 12:10 - Mar 26 with 2685 viewsBlueinBrum

I was very lucky to sneak in a long-planned trip to Brazil at the beginning of this month so i can't feel too hard done by however i have had to cancel loads of upcoming trips.

Next month alone i was due to be in Amsterdam for JakeITFC's aforementioned 30th, Poland for brother in law's wedding which has sadly had to be postponed, and had a golf trip to Cornwall which is now looking seriously unlikely.

Only other thing i've actually got booked is Ibiza in July which is still vaguely possible but looking less and less likely by the day...
So...holidays abroad on 12:11 - Mar 26 with 2685 viewsSpruceMoose

So...holidays abroad on 11:55 - Mar 26 by StokieBlue

What's it like there in reality?

Huge argument between the NY governor and Trump seems to be ongoing with the governor seemingly completely in the right.

Is NYC on full lockdown? It really should be given the levels which are being seen there. The US will overtake China in infections this weekend if it doesn't by the end of the tomorrow.

SB

Hard to know really. We live in a particularly quiet area so usually don't see masses of people in the street anyway. So in that sense, the view from our front windows hasn't really changed.

Most people we know are doing what we are doing - staying at home and going to get food only when necessary. On my walk to the supermarket there are definitely a lot fewer people around and nearly everything is closed.

It was a beautiful day when I was last out and the park was packed and there were a few groups of mainly younger people hanging around in the street though. I saw Cuomo was threatening to shut all city parks if people didn't cut it out. Some people seem intent on just going about their business as normal thinking it'll all blow over.

My impression is that this is hitting the poorest first and hardest - the undocumented delivery drivers, the maintenance folk who have been deemed essential so are still sitting on the subway for an hour a day, the guy who can't afford to close his corner store.

I've also picked up (mainly online) a kind of gloating glee that this has hit NY. It's coming from the Trump cultists who seem to hate everything thus city represents and to be honest, they seem like they're excited about the effect it can have on poor immigrant communities. It'll get will to them eventually though. And when it does I'd rather be here in the city with world class medical facilities like NYU Langone than some place where the Walmart VA medical clinic and the local vet are your only options.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2020 12:12]

So...holidays abroad on 12:47 - Mar 26 with 2623 viewsKieran_Knows

Was due to go Turkey in May with the missus and we had only paid a deposit (needed to pay the rest by this weekend). We’ve decided to lose the deposit as their isn’t really any other time we can go this year (other arrangements later in the year). Also the prices for later in the year (September/October) are through the roof and there’s nothing for next year as of yet. I’d have liked to spoke to someone, but easyJet are (obviously) inundated with calls so we’ll just lose the deposit.

Was also meant to be on a stag do in Benidorm in June, but I highly doubt that will be going ahead either!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So...holidays abroad on 12:50 - Mar 26 with 2619 viewsr2d2

Forget it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024