Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) 12:46 - May 12 with 2383 viewsTommyparker

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 12:48 - May 12 with 2368 viewsfooters

Just over 200 metres then.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 12:55 - May 12 with 2338 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite surprised by that. I was expecting them to start withdrawing from it or restricting it at least, although I haven't seen any detal around the announcement yet.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 12:59 - May 12 with 2298 viewspointofblue

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 12:55 - May 12 by Swansea_Blue

Quite surprised by that. I was expecting them to start withdrawing from it or restricting it at least, although I haven't seen any detal around the announcement yet.

80% to be paid by the government until the end of July and then the burden will be shared between employers and the government.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:00 - May 12 with 2288 viewshomer_123

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 12:55 - May 12 by Swansea_Blue

Yep - way more than I was expecting.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:01 - May 12 with 2277 viewsitfcjoe

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:00 - May 12 by homer_123

Yep - way more than I was expecting.

Unbelievable really, we shouldn't need it anywhere near that long but nice to have the safety net if things haven't picked up

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:06 - May 12 with 2219 viewsHerbivore

Glad they've gone the extra mile.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:07 - May 12 with 2217 viewsPJH

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 12:48 - May 12 by footers

Specifically for use at horse racing tracks presumably.
UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:08 - May 12 with 2206 viewspointofblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52634759

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:09 - May 12 with 2190 viewsTommyparker

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 12:59 - May 12 by pointofblue

80% to be paid by the government until the end of July and then the burden will be shared between employers and the government.

The TUC has welcomed the news.
This is from the Frances O'Grady, it's general secretary.
" We are pleased ministers have listened to unions and extended the job retention scheme to the autumn. This will be a big relief for millions.
Changing the rules to allow part-time working is key to enabling a gradual and safe return to work. And maintaining the rate at 80% is a win for the pay packets of working working families".
UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:11 - May 12 with 2168 viewsMullet

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:08 - May 12 by pointofblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52634759

"Some people might get addicted" is an astounding objection to make. It reeks of the "undeserving poor" attitude at the rightest of edges of the party, and is amazing to see them yet again attacking the government on that particular angle.

Can we infer that this is an extra precaution or a tacit admission we're not out of this for a long time yet?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:13 - May 12 with 2150 viewsHerbivore

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:11 - May 12 by Mullet

"Some people might get addicted" is an astounding objection to make. It reeks of the "undeserving poor" attitude at the rightest of edges of the party, and is amazing to see them yet again attacking the government on that particular angle.

Can we infer that this is an extra precaution or a tacit admission we're not out of this for a long time yet?

My gut is telling me they're expecting a second spike and further lockdown in the coming months.

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:14 - May 12 with 2139 viewsMullet

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:13 - May 12 by Herbivore

My gut is telling me they're expecting a second spike and further lockdown in the coming months.

Given what has happened elsewhere and how badly we've fared on that front it seems inevitable unfortunately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:14 - May 12 with 2131 viewsHerbivore

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:14 - May 12 by Mullet

Given what has happened elsewhere and how badly we've fared on that front it seems inevitable unfortunately.

We're barely past the first spike and we're easing off. It's madness really.

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:25 - May 12 with 2081 viewsBlueBadger

Glasgow is the most populous city in Scotland, and the third most populous city in the United Kingdom, as of the 2019 estimated city population of 611,748. Historically part of Lanarkshire, the city now forms the Glasgow City council area, one of the 32 council areas of Scotland; the local authority is Glasgow City Council. Glasgow is situated on the River Clyde in the country's West Central Lowlands. It is the fifth most visited city in the UK.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:25 - May 12 with 2077 viewsgordon

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:14 - May 12 by Herbivore

We're barely past the first spike and we're easing off. It's madness really.

The COVID alert thingy suggests that they aren't thinking that they can suppress the virus meaningfully and that we're going to be having a rolling cycle of lockdowns.
UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:30 - May 12 with 2055 viewsHerbivore

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:25 - May 12 by gordon

The COVID alert thingy suggests that they aren't thinking that they can suppress the virus meaningfully and that we're going to be having a rolling cycle of lockdowns.

I think you're right. Basically, they don't want to put in a strict enough lockdown for long enough to get to a point where cases are few enough to track and trace and they can't or won't invest in the tech or testing for such a strategy either. Feels like they've reverted back to the wait and see approach that led to the highest death toll in Europe.

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:37 - May 12 with 2011 viewsBlueBadger

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:13 - May 12 by Herbivore

...mainly because they know they're opening up in an astoundingly incompetent fashion.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:37 - May 12 with 2013 viewsgordon

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:30 - May 12 by Herbivore

I think you're right. Basically, they don't want to put in a strict enough lockdown for long enough to get to a point where cases are few enough to track and trace and they can't or won't invest in the tech or testing for such a strategy either. Feels like they've reverted back to the wait and see approach that led to the highest death toll in Europe.

Yes, they have never committed themselves to a strategy. Track and trace will basically be shelved for now because it isn't remotely feasible with the current level of infection/transmission.

They much prefer headline grabbing stuff like the Nightingales, the 100,000 target and the Isle of Wight App than actually getting stuck in to the nitty gritty of putting in place the infrastructure that is desperately needed to address this.
[Post edited 12 May 2020 13:38]
UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:47 - May 12 with 1968 viewsfactual_blue

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 12:48 - May 12 by footers

Mr Furlong was one of my Primary School teachers. He looked very old, but dressed like a Mod, so probably wasn't.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:53 - May 12 with 1939 viewstractordownsouth

Fair play to them. For all the shambles of the medical response, the financial aid has been good.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:57 - May 12 with 1920 viewsfactual_blue

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:25 - May 12 by BlueBadger

Glasgow is the most populous city in Scotland, and the third most populous city in the United Kingdom, as of the 2019 estimated city population of 611,748. Historically part of Lanarkshire, the city now forms the Glasgow City council area, one of the 32 council areas of Scotland; the local authority is Glasgow City Council. Glasgow is situated on the River Clyde in the country's West Central Lowlands. It is the fifth most visited city in the UK.

Have you developed bovine spongiform encephalopathy?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 14:28 - May 12 with 1876 viewsElderGrizzly

UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 13:01 - May 12 by itfcjoe

Unbelievable really, we shouldn't need it anywhere near that long but nice to have the safety net if things haven't picked up

Mentioned this morning on another thread we were told October last week at work, but the difference is it would require employers to contribute to the 80% from August 1st.

Staff are still guaranteed 80%, but it might be 60% Govt, 20% employers.
UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 14:35 - May 12 with 1856 viewsm14_blue

Great news
UK furlong scheme extended to October (n/t) on 14:56 - May 12 with 1819 viewsPendejo

This is excellent news, for me, reduces likelihood of redundancy on 1st July.

Gives my employer time and space to see how our industry recovers / adapts to the new normal before deciding on a cull.
And / or the opportunity to sell the brand that I worked for and transfer us to new employer.

As for those saying folks will get addicted to furlough... if I could spend the rest of my life on 80% of my salary that'd be great... as long as I could get to football, have a drink in a pub or a meal in a restaurant [looking forward to going here again the moment it re-opens.. https://rotundabarandrestaurant.co.uk/] yep it'd be great.

However, the furlough amount "80%" doesn't represent 80% of my earnings... it's ok for now, not good long term. I miss work, interaction with others, job satisfaction, etc.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024