Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that's cleared that up then. 19:14 - May 10 with 4980 viewsFixed_It

Ermm....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:17 - May 10 with 2770 viewsAce_High1

right what time does the pub open..... pint anyone!?
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:18 - May 10 with 2751 viewsDubtractor

I'm more than happy to stick the boot in on Johnson, but not sure there was too much wrong with that was there?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:19 - May 10 with 2725 viewssparks

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:18 - May 10 by Dubtractor

I'm more than happy to stick the boot in on Johnson, but not sure there was too much wrong with that was there?

Its more about the messaging beforehand which means this will all be taken as a free pass.

And the fact that the figures are really no different to a week ago or a week ebefore that.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:19]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:19 - May 10 with 2719 viewsFixed_It

Very vague - and God I hate goverment by slogan!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:20 - May 10 with 2704 viewsDubtractor

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:19 - May 10 by sparks

Its more about the messaging beforehand which means this will all be taken as a free pass.

And the fact that the figures are really no different to a week ago or a week ebefore that.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:19]

Oh I agree, the middle and confusion of the last 4 days is unacceptable, but that speech was ok enough.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:20 - May 10 with 2700 viewsjeera

That was just a load of words wasn't it.

I cannot see how anyone could view that in any other way.

I was on the phone to my sister just before the 7 O'Clock 'announcement' and she said that she must go, because she wanted to hear how she is expected to go about rebooting her business.

I'm guessing she's disappointed right now.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bingo.... on 19:22 - May 10 with 2679 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:22 - May 10 with 2667 viewsGirthyguy

Well done Boris you just Murdered another 30k people
Login to get fewer ads

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:22 - May 10 with 2652 viewsPecker

I understood it. Think it is to soon, but I understood it.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:23 - May 10 with 2642 viewsHerbivore

It's all a bit odd. Not much is changing other than trying to get people back into work and allowing more time outdoors. I'm not sure why the change in messaging or the speculation about further easing of measures when it's all a fairly long way away. I think they should have stayed on message, stick with the plan for another three weeks with perhaps some more time outdoors. If people stick to it things will look better in 3 weeks' time. The waters have already been muddied and this hasn't done enough to help, I worry we're going to see infections and deaths rebound after the palava of the last few days.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:25]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:24 - May 10 with 2641 viewsmonytowbray

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:20 - May 10 by Dubtractor

Oh I agree, the middle and confusion of the last 4 days is unacceptable, but that speech was ok enough.

Who goes back to work? What are the safety standards? Do we start tomorrow or wait until the guidelines are in place seeing as you said people should go back to work ASAP.

As I said in another thread, this is a scandal waiting to happen. You know full well tw@ts like Mike Ashley have seen that and are already drafting up the "back to work or you're sacked" email to staff. And you know full well staff safety will be last on their priority list.

I thought it was an attempt to ooze confidence in delivery failed by the fact it didn't really provide enough detail. Very vague.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:24 - May 10 with 2638 viewsTrequartista

Was quite illustrative i thought, it's the stupid slogan that let's it down.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:24 - May 10 with 2636 viewsChutney

Classic Johnson waffle and him playing at being Churchillian without really saying anything, but I make you right, what can he say in a 10 minute broadcast? Ultimately it's more of the same. It would be irresponsible to relax lock down measures given the precariousness of the predicament.

His waffle makes things less clear that they need be. All he had to say was:

If you can work from home, do. If you can't, go to your place of work.

Practice social distancing AT ALL TIMES.

No other changes.

The end.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:25 - May 10 with 2614 viewsTrequartista

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:22 - May 10 by Girthyguy

Well done Boris you just Murdered another 30k people

So he's wrong to continue following the expert advice?

Bingo.... on 19:26 - May 10 with 2601 viewsBLUEGOLD

Bingo.... on 19:22 - May 10 by Bloots

He should have said no change for 3 more weeks while we try to get the numbers right down to the levels of France, Italy and Spain and then looking to change.

So having locked down to late he is making up for it by unlocking too early.

Well done Boris
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:29 - May 10 with 2561 viewsBLUEGOLD

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:25 - May 10 by Trequartista

So he's wrong to continue following the expert advice?

He isn’t following expert advice.

They give him a range of scenarios and he chooses the one that he wants to go with.

If it goes wrong though it will be the scientists fault, not Boris
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:30 - May 10 with 2545 viewsPecker

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:24 - May 10 by monytowbray

Who goes back to work? What are the safety standards? Do we start tomorrow or wait until the guidelines are in place seeing as you said people should go back to work ASAP.

As I said in another thread, this is a scandal waiting to happen. You know full well tw@ts like Mike Ashley have seen that and are already drafting up the "back to work or you're sacked" email to staff. And you know full well staff safety will be last on their priority list.

I thought it was an attempt to ooze confidence in delivery failed by the fact it didn't really provide enough detail. Very vague.

Unfortunately, I think you are right. To soon to lift the lockdown.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:30 - May 10 with 2543 viewsTrequartista

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:29 - May 10 by BLUEGOLD

He isn’t following expert advice.

They give him a range of scenarios and he chooses the one that he wants to go with.

If it goes wrong though it will be the scientists fault, not Boris

So they will all be giving different opinions at Monday's press conference?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:31 - May 10 with 2529 viewsfooters

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:23 - May 10 by Herbivore

It's all a bit odd. Not much is changing other than trying to get people back into work and allowing more time outdoors. I'm not sure why the change in messaging or the speculation about further easing of measures when it's all a fairly long way away. I think they should have stayed on message, stick with the plan for another three weeks with perhaps some more time outdoors. If people stick to it things will look better in 3 weeks' time. The waters have already been muddied and this hasn't done enough to help, I worry we're going to see infections and deaths rebound after the palava of the last few days.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:25]

Yeah, but there's only one VE day a year and they wanted a proper media-friendly bundle with this announcement.

But they done goofed.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:33 - May 10 with 2497 viewsBloomBlue

Nothing really changes but some potential dates for people to start planning for. Lots of people including Starmer have been asking for the Gov to publish potential unlock dates to help people plan, that was part of the message. It was also explaining any dates may still need to be fluid based on the infection rates.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:34 - May 10 with 2486 viewsBLUEGOLD

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:30 - May 10 by Trequartista

So they will all be giving different opinions at Monday's press conference?

They have said many times that they advise and government makes decisions, based on that advice.

The scientists are looking at reducing Covid deaths, the government are looking at other factors such as the interests of the big businesses who want people back at work.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:34 - May 10 with 2477 viewsNewcyBlue

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:24 - May 10 by monytowbray

Far too soon to lift the lockdown.

MrsN and I are changing nothing. We will continue with our social distancing and lockdown measures.

I take the cars for a blast down the A1 once a week, part of essential maintenance for them, otherwise they just go to the supermarket and back twice a week (not each of them twice a week!).

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:37 - May 10 with 2445 viewsFixed_It

Too soon to lift the lockdown. The numbers don't warrant it yet. We are being asked to 'be alert' when the danger is unseen. Different messages for different parts of the UK. Lack of detail. Lots of verbose vagueness. And that f'ing slogan!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:39 - May 10 with 2428 viewsDanTheMan

Only thing I'm properly confused about now how are businesses that can't WFH but are office based going to handle this? Seems like there should have been guidance or rules before an announcement on a Sunday night.

I'm hoping there'll be some more extensive guidance later about what we should be going out for vs not allowed.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:41 - May 10 with 2390 viewsEwan_Oozami

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:37 - May 10 by Fixed_It

Too soon to lift the lockdown. The numbers don't warrant it yet. We are being asked to 'be alert' when the danger is unseen. Different messages for different parts of the UK. Lack of detail. Lots of verbose vagueness. And that f'ing slogan!

As someone very funny once wrote: "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty"

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024