Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well that's cleared that up then. 19:14 - May 10 with 4999 viewsFixed_It

Ermm....

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:42 - May 10 with 639 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Load of rhetoric and bumbling nonsense.

On what planet can he paint this as any form of success

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:42 - May 10 with 638 viewsAce_High1

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:39 - May 10 by DanTheMan

Only thing I'm properly confused about now how are businesses that can't WFH but are office based going to handle this? Seems like there should have been guidance or rules before an announcement on a Sunday night.

I'm hoping there'll be some more extensive guidance later about what we should be going out for vs not allowed.

We are keeping all of our office staff working from home for probably rest of this year.

Some operational staff have been furloughed, but over the last few weeks it has been getting busier so starting to get people back and working with revised operational procedures and additional PPE. Each job reviewed on its merits and risk assessed.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:44 - May 10 with 634 viewsGeoffSentence

We can get out and cycle round the lanes of the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle as much as we like. Huzzah! Not that it wil make any difference to me, I'll get out on my bike, come home knackered and be done for the day.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:46 - May 10 with 617 viewsNewcyBlue

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:44 - May 10 by GeoffSentence

We can get out and cycle round the lanes of the Ipswich-Shotley-Sudbury Golden Triangle as much as we like. Huzzah! Not that it wil make any difference to me, I'll get out on my bike, come home knackered and be done for the day.

I’ve got a barbell and 50kgs of weights being delivered tomorrow.

I am rather looking forward to some snatches and thrusters.

I might even do Fran for a bit of fun which is

21-15-9 reps of Thrusters and Pull Ups.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:46 - May 10 with 605 viewsmonytowbray

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:46 - May 10 by NewcyBlue

I’ve got a barbell and 50kgs of weights being delivered tomorrow.

I am rather looking forward to some snatches and thrusters.

I might even do Fran for a bit of fun which is

21-15-9 reps of Thrusters and Pull Ups.

Fancy doing a Zoom workout?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:47 - May 10 with 603 viewsFreddies_Ears

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:25 - May 10 by Trequartista

So he's wrong to continue following the expert advice?

If he had followed the WHO advice in the first place, we'd have a death toll of at least 30,000 fewer.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:47 - May 10 with 597 viewsNewcyBlue

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:46 - May 10 by monytowbray

Fancy doing a Zoom workout?

Ha. Why not? What have you got in mind?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:47 - May 10 with 603 viewsGuthrum

I actually thought that was pretty well presented. I don't think he's a great public speaker, but the information was mostly reasonable and well laid out.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Bingo.... on 19:48 - May 10 with 595 viewsSouthBucksBlue

Bingo.... on 19:22 - May 10 by Bloots

You have a point but the issue is that it’s not the people with half a brain and a modicum of common sense that will be confused. It’s the rest of the people that unfortunately need telling exactly what to do (of which some will push or even try to ignore the boundaries).
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:48 - May 10 with 596 viewsKieran_Knows

That’s handy, I’ll go get a haircut tomorrow as my barber will be as he can’t work from home. Finally, 8 weeks since last my cut as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:49 - May 10 with 584 viewsbluelagos

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:44 - May 10 by GeoffSentence

On our own rather than in packs. If you push on and need fueling, a can confirm maltloaf is light and gives a boost :-)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:50 - May 10 with 580 viewseireblue

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:20 - May 10 by Dubtractor

Oh I agree, the middle and confusion of the last 4 days is unacceptable, but that speech was ok enough.

It was okay, but imprecise.

The burden is still on “all of us”.

There is still a burden on the Government to deliver on what they need to do. And be very open and clear on what they are achieving.

The issue I see is that imprecision and trying to nudge things along, is stuff like, get back to work on public transport, will lead to non-social distancing and a wider spread.

Also, what was imprecise Is the idea of having levels, but stating things like, we are just over the line.

How about announcing the rationale on the levels, state the current level stays in place.
And what will happen during the next level, that gives time for employers and employees to prepare.
The consideration of whether the next level has been reached will be reviewed on X date.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:53 - May 10 with 574 viewsfactual_blue

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:22 - May 10 by Girthyguy

Well done Boris you just Murdered another 30k people

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:54 - May 10 with 559 viewsHerbivore

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:33 - May 10 by BloomBlue

Nothing really changes but some potential dates for people to start planning for. Lots of people including Starmer have been asking for the Gov to publish potential unlock dates to help people plan, that was part of the message. It was also explaining any dates may still need to be fluid based on the infection rates.

Starmer was calling for a plan or strategy. I don't think that's what we got.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:54 - May 10 with 570 viewsLord_Lucan

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:39 - May 10 by DanTheMan

Only thing I'm properly confused about now how are businesses that can't WFH but are office based going to handle this? Seems like there should have been guidance or rules before an announcement on a Sunday night.

I'm hoping there'll be some more extensive guidance later about what we should be going out for vs not allowed.

"I will be setting out more details in Parliament tomorrow and taking questions from the public in the evening"

"So work from home if you can, but you should go to work if you can’t work from home."
1And to ensure you are safe at work we have been working to establish new guidance for employers to make workplaces COVID-secure".

"And when you do go to work, if possible do so by car or even better by walking or bicycle. But just as with workplaces, public transport operators will also be following COVID-secure standards"

Personally I think we are a couple of weeks too early but we will see what the guidelines are tomorrow. I think the big problem is people getting to work rather than people at work.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:57]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:58 - May 10 with 548 viewsBlueBadger

About as clear as Peter Sutcliffe's CRB check, I'd have said.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:59 - May 10 with 544 viewsvapour_trail

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:42 - May 10 by Ace_High1

We are keeping all of our office staff working from home for probably rest of this year.

Some operational staff have been furloughed, but over the last few weeks it has been getting busier so starting to get people back and working with revised operational procedures and additional PPE. Each job reviewed on its merits and risk assessed.

Likewise on the wfh front. In all likelihood we will move most people to wfh permanently.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:59 - May 10 with 547 viewsDanTheMan

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:54 - May 10 by Lord_Lucan

"I will be setting out more details in Parliament tomorrow and taking questions from the public in the evening"

"So work from home if you can, but you should go to work if you can’t work from home."
1And to ensure you are safe at work we have been working to establish new guidance for employers to make workplaces COVID-secure".

"And when you do go to work, if possible do so by car or even better by walking or bicycle. But just as with workplaces, public transport operators will also be following COVID-secure standards"

Personally I think we are a couple of weeks too early but we will see what the guidelines are tomorrow. I think the big problem is people getting to work rather than people at work.
[Post edited 10 May 2020 19:57]

Yeah, getting to work, especially in the cities, is going to be difficult for many. Hopefully employers will be flexible and not demanding that people go in anyway otherwise it'll be chaos.

My concern with actually working is how on earth businesses retrofit and office at any speed.

Nothing really to get upset about in the speech, devil will be in the detail for me.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Well that's cleared that up then. on 20:00 - May 10 with 541 viewsPablokuqi

Vague around schools. Reception, year 1 and year 6 1st June. Are the rest phased in between then and the end of the term? Are schools to maintain social distance? The reason for Year 6 is around transition. But the secondary schools will not be reopening until September except for exam Year 10 so none of that transition work won't take place. Indeed the secondary schools locally have said no transition work will take place and no teachers will visit the Year 6s.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 20:01 - May 10 with 534 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:50 - May 10 by eireblue

It was okay, but imprecise.

The burden is still on “all of us”.

There is still a burden on the Government to deliver on what they need to do. And be very open and clear on what they are achieving.

The issue I see is that imprecision and trying to nudge things along, is stuff like, get back to work on public transport, will lead to non-social distancing and a wider spread.

Also, what was imprecise Is the idea of having levels, but stating things like, we are just over the line.

How about announcing the rationale on the levels, state the current level stays in place.
And what will happen during the next level, that gives time for employers and employees to prepare.
The consideration of whether the next level has been reached will be reviewed on X date.

Quite.

We have the manner in which the road map will be applied and monitored but we don't have the road map.

People and businesses will need unambiguous instructions - such was ever the case.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 20:03 - May 10 with 527 viewsGirthyguy

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:25 - May 10 by Trequartista

So he's wrong to continue following the expert advice?

You don't have to be an expert to work out that this is a catastrophic c0ck up and the impatience of this government is going to lead to more unnecessary deaths. You really think he's following expert advice? Like at the start when he ignored the experts? The economy comes first it's the Conservative way. Hideous bunch of hairy sphincters.
Well that's cleared that up then. on 20:03 - May 10 with 531 viewsfactual_blue

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:47 - May 10 by Guthrum

I actually thought that was pretty well presented. I don't think he's a great public speaker, but the information was mostly reasonable and well laid out.

Typical of TWTD these days - sycophancy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Well that's cleared that up then. on 20:05 - May 10 with 519 viewsvapour_trail

Well that's cleared that up then. on 19:59 - May 10 by DanTheMan

Yeah, getting to work, especially in the cities, is going to be difficult for many. Hopefully employers will be flexible and not demanding that people go in anyway otherwise it'll be chaos.

My concern with actually working is how on earth businesses retrofit and office at any speed.

Nothing really to get upset about in the speech, devil will be in the detail for me.

A few things I’m going with

Only in the office if productivity can’t be maximised at home.
Lifts are for use for only those with mobility challenges, one at a time.
No passing on the stairs.
No more hotdesking, obvs.
Smaller meeting rooms and pods changed to singular use for confidential calls.
Spaced queues for the bogs.
Communal spaces closed.
Kitchens unavailable.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 20:07 - May 10 with 510 viewsFixed_It

There needs to be flexible working hours with staggered starts/ finishes to make it doable without major public transport issues. Maybe that will be in the detail tomorrow. Maybe.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Well that's cleared that up then. on 20:07 - May 10 with 515 viewsLord_Lucan

If he is going to speak about this in more detail tomorrow in the house then he should have said work starts from Wednesday - which is what I thought he said but it doesn't seem he did now I've read the text - unless the text hasn't been transcribed correctly.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024