Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams 13:42 - May 21 with 4807 viewsIllinoisblue

As it should be. Lambert out.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:48 - May 21 with 3294 viewsPlums

Protect the integrity of the competition. Sensible decision.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:50 - May 21 with 3278 viewsgainsboroughblue

MacAnthony also not going to be happy.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:55 - May 21 with 3221 viewsIllinoisblue

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:50 - May 21 by gainsboroughblue

It’s going to be a long hot summer of legal action

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:59 - May 21 with 3185 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good.

Fair enough that we miss the cut, but I really didn't want to see Steve Evans in the mix!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:59 - May 21 with 3185 viewsLibero

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:48 - May 21 by Plums

Protect the integrity of the competition. Sensible decision.

Indeed.
EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:00 - May 21 with 3178 viewsJakeITFC

Unweighted points-per-game is absolutely horrendous for the integrity of the league.

Hopefully the vote carries with the intention of finishing the league.
EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:03 - May 21 with 3150 viewsGeoffSentence

It is a recommended framework in the event that a division decides to curtail the season.

In that event the EFL recommends:

a. Final divisional placings should be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
b. Promotion and relegation should be retained.
c. Play-Offs should be played in all circumstances but should not be extended (beyond four teams).

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:03 - May 21 with 3140 viewsLibero

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:00 - May 21 by JakeITFC

Unweighted points-per-game is absolutely horrendous for the integrity of the league.

Is that what they're going with? Haven't read the full statement as still at work.
Login to get fewer ads

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:19 - May 21 with 3035 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:00 - May 21 by JakeITFC

Any solution that curtails the season is going to have problems though - it’s never going to retain its full integrity and the season will always have an asterisk against it

Personally I just don’t think you can start guessing what might have happened and therefore basing it on results have actually happened is the only viable option. It’s certainly not perfect and no doubt screws some teams and benefits others based on the fixture list, but for me it’s better than just making up results for games that haven’t been played

But then I’ve banged on enough about that already, so will leave it there!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:21 - May 21 with 3022 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:03 - May 21 by Libero

Is that what they're going with? Haven't read the full statement as still at work.

Vote still to take place to confirm either curtailing the season or finishing it, however if curtailed it has been confirmed it’ll be considered complete based on unweighted PPG with playoffs to then be played with 3rd-6th as normal

Seems likely the vote will be to curtail given the relatively few clubs objecting to curtailing

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:24 - May 21 with 3001 viewsElderGrizzly

We should see Lambert's sacking announced by the end of next week then?
EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:25 - May 21 with 2991 viewsLibero

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:21 - May 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Vote still to take place to confirm either curtailing the season or finishing it, however if curtailed it has been confirmed it’ll be considered complete based on unweighted PPG with playoffs to then be played with 3rd-6th as normal

Seems likely the vote will be to curtail given the relatively few clubs objecting to curtailing

Cheers for the summary.
EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:29 - May 21 with 2968 viewsclive_baker

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:50 - May 21 by gainsboroughblue

Will they miss out on PPG?

We're 35 games into the season for goodness sake, if your side isn't knocking on the door of the top 2 at this stage then arguably you don't deserve promotion. The playoffs are a bit of a joke at the best of times that you can be hanging around in 8th all season then sh1thouse yourself a little run at the end. Balls to Peterborough and balls to Lambert.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:33 - May 21 with 2937 viewsLankHenners

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:29 - May 21 by clive_baker

Will they miss out on PPG?

We're 35 games into the season for goodness sake, if your side isn't knocking on the door of the top 2 at this stage then arguably you don't deserve promotion. The playoffs are a bit of a joke at the best of times that you can be hanging around in 8th all season then sh1thouse yourself a little run at the end. Balls to Peterborough and balls to Lambert.

Amusingly, yes, just. Fleetwood would sneak in above them.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:37 - May 21 with 2898 viewsDubtractor

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:33 - May 21 by LankHenners

Amusingly, yes, just. Fleetwood would sneak in above them.

The twtd table is missing a result, Pompey drew with Fleetwood just before lockdown and this puts Fleetwood above Posh anyway.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:41 - May 21 with 2873 viewsJakeITFC

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:19 - May 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Any solution that curtails the season is going to have problems though - it’s never going to retain its full integrity and the season will always have an asterisk against it

Personally I just don’t think you can start guessing what might have happened and therefore basing it on results have actually happened is the only viable option. It’s certainly not perfect and no doubt screws some teams and benefits others based on the fixture list, but for me it’s better than just making up results for games that haven’t been played

But then I’ve banged on enough about that already, so will leave it there!

Yeah, I don’t think you’ll ever be able to convince people that a mathematical model is more likely to predict to the results of games than things that people have seen with their own eyes (which is unfortunate because it would have been an allows for more creative ways of finishing the season than the current way).
Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 14:42 - May 21 with 2863 viewsBloots

….no questions asked.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:53 - May 21 with 2817 viewsLeaky

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 13:55 - May 21 by Illinoisblue

It’s going to be a long hot summer of legal action

By the time legal action is sorted out, it would quicker to finish the season. Hearts already threatening legal action in Scotland. If you look at Leeds, West Brom and a few others doing the same, and the speed our legal system works it could take years.
Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:00 - May 21 with 2804 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 14:42 - May 21 by Bloots

….no questions asked.

Lambert out.

All you lot hoping this will get rid of Lambert are deluded. The opposite will happen - he will have an excuse that we could've made the play offs, now we can't.

It's been hilarious watching the more vocal Lambert-outers also calling these extended play offs a disgrace. You've got what you wanted... but now you're also stuck with him!

BCWYWF!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:08 - May 21 with 2771 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:00 - May 21 by BrixtonBlue

All you lot hoping this will get rid of Lambert are deluded. The opposite will happen - he will have an excuse that we could've made the play offs, now we can't.

It's been hilarious watching the more vocal Lambert-outers also calling these extended play offs a disgrace. You've got what you wanted... but now you're also stuck with him!

BCWYWF!

A down-arrow for posting facts Libbers?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:11 - May 21 with 2754 viewsDubtractor

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:00 - May 21 by BrixtonBlue

BCWYWF!

I hope you're wrong, but fear you are right.

Suspect it will be less clear cut for ME against any contract clauses.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:12 - May 21 with 2747 viewsLibero

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:08 - May 21 by BrixtonBlue

A down-arrow for posting facts Libbers?

Down voted for correlating two entirely separate subjects as if they're intrinsically linked.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 15:13]
EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 15:14 - May 21 with 2736 viewssparks

EFL statement just now. Playoffs only 4 teams on 14:53 - May 21 by Leaky

By the time legal action is sorted out, it would quicker to finish the season. Hearts already threatening legal action in Scotland. If you look at Leeds, West Brom and a few others doing the same, and the speed our legal system works it could take years.

I struggle with the idea of legal action when a private association has had a fair quorate vote on something. What would be the cause of action?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:16 - May 21 with 2725 viewsBrixtonBlue

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:12 - May 21 by Libero

Down voted for correlating two entirely separate subjects as if they're intrinsically linked.
[Post edited 21 May 2020 15:13]

Of course they're linked. With the play offs extended Lambert would've had a better chance than he did of getting us up. If he failed then that would be that, Evans would be able to sack him.

Now we've missed out due to CV-19, so Evans can't sack him. Or if he did, he'd be facing some hefty compo.

This decision has saved Lambert his job.

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:20 - May 21 with 2701 viewsLibero

Hopefully we can get rid of him now..... on 15:16 - May 21 by BrixtonBlue

Of course they're linked. With the play offs extended Lambert would've had a better chance than he did of getting us up. If he failed then that would be that, Evans would be able to sack him.

Now we've missed out due to CV-19, so Evans can't sack him. Or if he did, he'd be facing some hefty compo.

This decision has saved Lambert his job.

You can't say that with certainty as you're not aware of the breakers/clauses in Lambert's contract. In theory what you're saying makes sense but it requires a level of assumption and quite a leap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024