Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A fully fit Freddie Sears 18:38 - Sep 5 with 3096 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He could be absolutely lethal in this division

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 18:39 - Sep 5 with 2925 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed. He will be huge for us if he stays fit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Too true.... on 18:40 - Sep 5 with 2936 viewsBloots

Freddie just needs to.... by Bloots 30 Jul 2020 11:37
....get his pace back after his injury.

He's a better finisher than any of our "senior" strikers.

If he gets a run at the start of the season he'll be our top scorer next season.

There, I've said it.

Quote me.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Too true.... on 18:41 - Sep 5 with 2908 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Too true.... on 18:40 - Sep 5 by Bloots

If he gets a run at the start of the season he'll be our top scorer next season.

There, I've said it.

Quote me.

Yep, I've always said the same.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The fraud will probably.... on 18:42 - Sep 5 with 2903 viewsBloots

Too true.... on 18:41 - Sep 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yep, I've always said the same.

...drop him next week.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Too true.... on 18:42 - Sep 5 with 2899 viewsJ2BLUE

There, I've said it.

Quote me.

Agreed

Truly impaired.

Too true.... on 18:44 - Sep 5 with 2888 viewsBlueBadger

There, I've said it.

Quote me.

11 goals. You heard it here first.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 18:48 - Sep 5 with 2868 viewsbilllm

He's my fav
Too true.... on 18:49 - Sep 5 with 2861 viewsJ2BLUE

Too true.... on 18:44 - Sep 5 by BlueBadger

11 goals. You heard it here first.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 19:00 - Sep 5 with 2817 viewsJDB23

A fully fit Sears is more of a goal threat than a fully fit Norwood imo. The concern is how much has the injury taken out of him.

Definitely could be a big player for us this year and offers some flexibility.
A fully fit Freddie Sears on 19:17 - Sep 5 with 2759 viewsSamWhiteUK

He could, but sometimes I think he looks like he struggles to get a clean strike on the ball, particularly with his left foot
A fully fit Freddie Sears on 19:19 - Sep 5 with 2756 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 19:22 - Sep 5 with 2742 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Confidence player. Play him every game he is fit for. Should be our top scorer this season. I'll go for 23.
A fully fit Freddie Sears on 19:25 - Sep 5 with 2727 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Remember saying when he came back last year. Looked clearly overweight.

Fully fit he can get 20 goals.

Norwood is more of a goals man I think though. Sears never been a natural finisher but he does get in good areas. Confidence player as well as others have said.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 20:49 - Sep 5 with 2578 viewsITFC_Forever

A fit Freddie Sears playing more of a forward role and not shunted out to the left touchline has always scored goals for us.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 20:49 - Sep 5 with 2577 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't know what Mick Mills has got against him. Wouldn't get in his team apparently, doesn't do enough work in moves, blah, blah, blah. And then in the next breath saying Freddies always got goals in him and we were excellent down the left. Bloke's lost his marbles.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 21:57 - Sep 5 with 2453 viewsBugs

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 20:49 - Sep 5 by Swansea_Blue

I don't know what Mick Mills has got against him. Wouldn't get in his team apparently, doesn't do enough work in moves, blah, blah, blah. And then in the next breath saying Freddies always got goals in him and we were excellent down the left. Bloke's lost his marbles.

I think he said that the 4 3 3 doesn't suit Freddie and he wouldn't get in his team with that formation.

Not sure it's a strong view to argue when he gets a brace in that formation in that very game though.
A fully fit Freddie Sears on 22:01 - Sep 5 with 2433 viewsNthsuffolkblue

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 20:49 - Sep 5 by ITFC_Forever

A fit Freddie Sears playing more of a forward role and not shunted out to the left touchline has always scored goals for us.

Yes, but he is also a very good option out wide, hence why he has often played there ... and then been judged by some fans on his lack of goals from that position as if he had been playing through the middle.

If Norwood is fit, Sears plays left and Norwood central for me. But that then begs the question of where KVY plays if Ward is left back. Nice problems to have (as long as the answers don't end up with square pegs in round holes). With games coming thick and fast, there may be a degree of rotation necessary - I am NOT advocating regular wholesale changes, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 22:02 - Sep 5 with 2434 viewsitfcjoe

I think people forget how good he was when Lambert first came in, scored quite a few.

We didn’t really see any of him last year, but footballing brain wise he is streets ahead of most in our squad and that’s so important in a role like he has got out on the flank - camera didn’t show it but his movement must have been so sharp and smart for the 1st goal to get into that space so quickly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 22:06 - Sep 5 with 2406 viewsTerry_Nutkins

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 22:02 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

I think people forget how good he was when Lambert first came in, scored quite a few.

We didn’t really see any of him last year, but footballing brain wise he is streets ahead of most in our squad and that’s so important in a role like he has got out on the flank - camera didn’t show it but his movement must have been so sharp and smart for the 1st goal to get into that space so quickly

Your bang on with his footballing brain observation Joe. A confident Freddie is always step.ahead and makes intelligent runs.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

I think he like Ipswich's Chris Woakes on 00:04 - Sep 6 with 2241 viewsMelford

There, I've said it.

Quote me.

He'll play left or right wing, do a job wherever you put him but he's too nice to say "stick me upfront at a striker or I'm off" Easy to drop because he won't make a fuss about it .Freddie Sears if he's confident and and form and played in the right position can was a major player for us.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 00:07 - Sep 6 with 2230 viewsunstableblue

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 22:02 - Sep 5 by itfcjoe

A long way to go to start feeling truly confident in lamberts technical acumen.. but listening to Freddie’s interview the goal and space is something he states they’ve been working on in training

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 07:34 - Sep 6 with 2024 viewsStNeotsBlue

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 22:01 - Sep 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, but he is also a very good option out wide, hence why he has often played there ... and then been judged by some fans on his lack of goals from that position as if he had been playing through the middle.

If Norwood is fit, Sears plays left and Norwood central for me. But that then begs the question of where KVY plays if Ward is left back. Nice problems to have (as long as the answers don't end up with square pegs in round holes). With games coming thick and fast, there may be a degree of rotation necessary - I am NOT advocating regular wholesale changes, though.

Why does Ward playing left back have any impact on KVY who is a right back?
A fully fit Freddie Sears on 08:58 - Sep 6 with 1865 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Play Sears up top and he will score goals.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 09:12 - Sep 6 with 1819 viewsSwansea_Blue

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 21:57 - Sep 5 by Bugs

I think he said that the 4 3 3 doesn't suit Freddie and he wouldn't get in his team with that formation.

Not sure it's a strong view to argue when he gets a brace in that formation in that very game though.

Quite. I was a bit confused about how easily he dismissed scoring goals too. I'm probably over-analysing. Mick seems to fill the silences with any old rubbish sometimes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 09:21 - Sep 6 with 1789 viewsMonkeyAlan

A fully fit Freddie Sears on 19:00 - Sep 5 by JDB23

A fully fit Sears is more of a goal threat than a fully fit Norwood imo. The concern is how much has the injury taken out of him.

Definitely could be a big player for us this year and offers some flexibility.

Agreed. He is head and shoulders above Normal if fully fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024