Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shouldn't feel deflated 21:09 - Oct 27 with 1521 viewsFrimleyBlue

But despite a win. Anyone else feeling like that was painful to watch and concerned where we are heading as a club.

Clearly a loss would have been worse. And we won so I should be happy. But it just doesn't feel like a win. It's bizarre.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:11 - Oct 27 with 1491 viewsCokeIsKey

It was a pathetic performance which we only won because of a moment of quality from Bishop - from my perspective it just means more time with Lambert as manager who’s clearly totally useless.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:12 - Oct 27 with 1475 viewsRobTheMonk

Scraping a win vs Steve Evans' Gillingham. You should be ecstatic mate.
You aren't alone. on 21:13 - Oct 27 with 1450 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Slow, Ponderous, No Movement by Cheltenham_Blue 27 Oct 2020 21:03
I just can't see anyway that we can go up playing like this. We are moving so slowly that by the time the final ball comes, the opposition have had time to get everyone back and set up and the ball just gets gobbled up.

Holy is frankly the worst No1 we have had for some significant time and McGuinness seems to be our only player capable of winning a header under a challenge in either box.

Same old Ipswich.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:16 - Oct 27 with 1403 viewsSuffolktractor

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:11 - Oct 27 by CokeIsKey

It was a pathetic performance which we only won because of a moment of quality from Bishop - from my perspective it just means more time with Lambert as manager who’s clearly totally useless.

Would you rather we lost then?
Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:19 - Oct 27 with 1372 viewsCokeIsKey

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:16 - Oct 27 by Suffolktractor

Would you rather we lost then?

Definitely - if we lost this and then lose to Crewe on Saturday Evans might have genuinely sacked him and we would be able to get someone proper in like Paul Cook.

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:24 - Oct 27 with 1322 viewsSuffolktractor

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:19 - Oct 27 by CokeIsKey

Definitely - if we lost this and then lose to Crewe on Saturday Evans might have genuinely sacked him and we would be able to get someone proper in like Paul Cook.

The only way Evans will sack him is if we lose every game between now and Christmas.
Try and support your team, Played 9, won 6, drawn 1, lost 2.
Decent start, unless you are one of the deluded that think because we are a ‘big’ club we should win every game.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:29 - Oct 27 with 1268 viewsreusersfreekicks

Pathetic
Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:32 - Oct 27 with 1230 viewsChrisd

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:11 - Oct 27 by CokeIsKey

PL wasn't even at the ground though tonight, so not sure how you can point fingers at him for that display?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Shouldn't feel deflated on 22:02 - Oct 27 with 1141 viewsChurchman

Shouldn't feel deflated on 21:32 - Oct 27 by Chrisd

PL wasn't even at the ground though tonight, so not sure how you can point fingers at him for that display?

It’s his team, he’s the manager and is handsomely paid accordingly. So for me, he is accountable for how they perform whether he’s at the ground, at home watching Bakeoff or his local pub getting a few in.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 22:06 - Oct 27 with 1116 viewsbackwaywhen

Very frustrating....
Shouldn't feel deflated on 22:06 - Oct 27 with 1108 viewsSpruceMoose

This is an unforgivable post.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Shouldn't feel deflated on 22:25 - Oct 27 with 1029 viewsSimonds92

I think if we were 3-0 up at half time nobody would have argued we didn't deserve to be. We made hard work of it so its more of a relief than anything but we were head and shoulders above that lot. 70% possession and 18 shots in total alao show we dominated the game we should have made it a lot more comfortable.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 22:28 - Oct 27 with 1012 viewspatrickswell

This kind of attitude led to the parting of the ways with Mick McCarthy and look how well that’s gone since.

Unfortunately, we’re not going to wallop sides for 3 or 4 goals every week, especially off the back of two defeats but winning having lost 2 on the bounce makes me happy.

It’s tense simply because no-one wants to see us slip into last season’s bad run and we also have the gun of the salary cap pointing at us if we don’t get back up.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 22:44 - Oct 27 with 958 viewsBlueBadger

Let's get this straight. Lambert is our worst ever manager but actively wishing for ITFC defeats essentially makes you a Norwich fan.

Now fook off and finger your sister.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shouldn't feel deflated on 22:57 - Oct 27 with 904 viewsPinewoodblue

To have 70% possession, 18 shots at goal and scrape a 1-0 victory isn't the best but it is 3 points.

You can begin to see what we are trying to achieve but we didn't quite get the team selection right. The centre back pairing holds promise with the prospect of better distribution and less likelihood of giving away a penalty.We didn't quite get selection right in midfield Lankester ought to be playing out wide in a front three, but suppose we would have had complaints if Hews had started.

We still lack a goal scoring leader of the attack but not sure what the answer is to that one.

Lets see who starts on Saturday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Shouldn't feel deflated on 23:02 - Oct 27 with 887 viewsjaykay

we were always told by some on here its the result that mater not the performance

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Shouldn't feel deflated on 23:04 - Oct 27 with 874 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Christ. I hope you've had a few and are embarrassed reading this back in the morning.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 23:06 - Oct 27 with 860 viewsCokeIsKey

Shouldn't feel deflated on 22:44 - Oct 27 by BlueBadger

Let's get this straight. Lambert is our worst ever manager but actively wishing for ITFC defeats essentially makes you a Norwich fan.

Now fook off and finger your sister.

Bit unnecessary - I support Ipswich as much as anyone on here and there’s nothing I’d love more than to watch us win playing exciting, fast paced football but with Lambert I don’t think there’s ever going to be light at the end of the tunnel.

I know it sounds rather counterintuitive and just generally wrong, but I think the sooner he goes the better. When we play we just tinker around the back and try and squeeze out the occasional cross which is never received but it’s awful to watch and there’s absolutely no evidence that it will change. No speed, no movement, nothing really.

I would rather lose a few games playing awfully under him and get a good new manager who can get us promoted playing some lovely football than watch us slowly slip into nothingness over the next 5 years playing football like an ‘asthmatic snail’ but staying in league 1 due to a few sloppy wins against relegation sides, keeping Lambert.

Oh and I’m definitely not a scummer - have had a season ticket for 30 years!

Shouldn't feel deflated on 23:12 - Oct 27 with 830 viewsSuffolktractor

Shouldn't feel deflated on 23:06 - Oct 27 by CokeIsKey

Bit unnecessary - I support Ipswich as much as anyone on here and there’s nothing I’d love more than to watch us win playing exciting, fast paced football but with Lambert I don’t think there’s ever going to be light at the end of the tunnel.

I know it sounds rather counterintuitive and just generally wrong, but I think the sooner he goes the better. When we play we just tinker around the back and try and squeeze out the occasional cross which is never received but it’s awful to watch and there’s absolutely no evidence that it will change. No speed, no movement, nothing really.

I would rather lose a few games playing awfully under him and get a good new manager who can get us promoted playing some lovely football than watch us slowly slip into nothingness over the next 5 years playing football like an ‘asthmatic snail’ but staying in league 1 due to a few sloppy wins against relegation sides, keeping Lambert.

Bluebadger’s point is still correct. Anyone wishing Ipswich to lose a football match must be scum.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 23:16 - Oct 27 with 807 viewsBlueBadger

Shush now, I think your sisterauntiemother is calling you back to bed.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 23:25]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Shouldn't feel deflated on 23:24 - Oct 27 with 776 viewseddiespearitt03

Well, it has to be said, putting Freddie back on the subs bench might help us have more quality,pace and bite up front. Someone who can find space and hit a ball.Someone who can look up and find a team mate ready to tap in. . Saying it how it is i,m afraid.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 23:25 - Oct 27 with 775 viewsSeablu

You’re still bang out order.
Utterly unforgivable.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 08:02 - Oct 28 with 587 viewsdirtyboy

I don't feel too deflated.

Seems like an overreaction by a few on here.

First time this season that back four had played together, so would expect a few 'moments' but generally did okay.

I thought Bishop and Dozzell looked sharp, Lankester was a little off, but that's not where i'd play him and I'd have preferred the physical presence of Huws. Hawkins did okay, but Sears had an off day too.

Edwards is in and out of games still, but when he's in the game, he looks dangerous and he does the dirty part of the game, tracking back etc really well, so no complaints.

Gillingham let us have the ball, sat back, men behind and that makes it difficult for any team against any opposition. I don't think they came to win, they came not to lose then hope for a bit of the rub of the green in the second half knowing we'd chase the win and almost got lucky, not through good play particularly.

71% v 29%
18 shots to their 10 and we hit the bar and post. Another day it could have looked even more comfortable, but that's football.
Shouldn't feel deflated on 08:08 - Oct 28 with 566 viewsLeaky

You mean like Paul Hurst was supposed to have done, that turned out well.
You aren't alone. on 09:38 - Oct 28 with 440 viewsjayessess

You aren't alone. on 21:13 - Oct 27 by Cheltenham_Blue

Slow, Ponderous, No Movement by Cheltenham_Blue 27 Oct 2020 21:03
I just can't see anyway that we can go up playing like this. We are moving so slowly that by the time the final ball comes, the opposition have had time to get everyone back and set up and the ball just gets gobbled up.

Holy is frankly the worst No1 we have had for some significant time and McGuinness seems to be our only player capable of winning a header under a challenge in either box.

Same old Ipswich.

Actually thought at times we looked a little rushed at times last night, particularly as it dragged on at 0-0.

IMO we've got no consistently threatening patterns of play and upping the tempo isn't going to change that.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024