Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans buyout 20:23 - Jan 23 with 2088 viewssaffers12

What would the appetite for this be?

How much would it actually take?
Fans buyout on 20:24 - Jan 23 with 1930 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Fans buyout on 20:26 - Jan 23 with 1924 viewssaffers12

Fans buyout on 20:24 - Jan 23 by BryanPlug

Did realise it would be that much , I bet if it was 20 million it would be interesting
Fans buyout on 20:33 - Jan 23 with 1874 viewsBryanPlug

Fans buyout on 20:26 - Jan 23 by saffers12

Did realise it would be that much , I bet if it was 20 million it would be interesting

Fans buyout on 20:35 - Jan 23 with 1867 viewschrismakin

Anyone got the email address for Ed Sheeran

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Fans buyout on 20:35 - Jan 23 with 1867 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Fans buyout on 20:26 - Jan 23 by saffers12

Even then would we collectively have 10mil a year to put in to the club? I don't think so

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Fans buyout on 20:42 - Jan 23 with 1831 viewssaffers12

Fans buyout on 20:35 - Jan 23 by BlueandTruesince82

Even then would we collectively have 10mil a year to put in to the club? I don't think so

I would put more thank 1k in
Fans buyout on 21:04 - Jan 23 with 1778 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Fans buyout on 20:35 - Jan 23 by chrismakin

1. He would be a loon to get involved.

2. Despite being very rich, he's not got the level of money you would ideally need when buying a football club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Fans buyout on 21:08 - Jan 23 with 1763 viewsSomethingBlue

There are plenty of fans who would have the brains and vision to make Town run immeasurably better - but sadly very few with the money.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Fans buyout on 21:10 - Jan 23 with 1745 viewsBryanPlug

Fans buyout on 21:08 - Jan 23 by SomethingBlue

There are plenty of fans who would have the brains and vision to make Town run immeasurably better - but sadly very few with the money.

Fans buyout on 21:13 - Jan 23 with 1735 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is the thing. Anyone who is serious about a fan buy-out would need to find a trustworthy and respected organiser who could co-ordinate it. That person or group of people would then need to persuade a number of very wealthy individuals with an interest in the club to back them with significant funding and the promise of enough to cover the on-going deficits. Getting lots of smaller amounts from lesser backers could help but it is the major backers that would be key.

You then have the logistics of running it. However, with the right person co-ordinating that would involve getting advice which seems to be a big problem with the current owner.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fans buyout on 21:14 - Jan 23 with 1732 viewsTieDyedIn95

This club isn't worth ANYTHING close to £60million.

We don't own the ground, salable assets are players, they aren't worth more than £10mil between them, outside of maybe Downes, Wolfie and Dozz, then there's the training ground, which has land value.

60million, jesus, that's even double what Evans paid for it when we were not an absolute shower. He'd be lucky to get ten for it right now.

10 more years of Evans and the whole thing will be very affordable to the supporters.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Fans buyout on 21:17 - Jan 23 with 1712 viewsHARRY10

£10m annual deficit

how come this never gets mentioned in the accounts ?
Fans buyout on 21:17 - Jan 23 with 1710 viewsdavblue

Fans buyout on 21:10 - Jan 23 by BryanPlug

i think the cruncher would fancy himself!
Fans buyout on 21:23 - Jan 23 with 1668 viewssaffers12

Fans buyout on 21:17 - Jan 23 by davblue

i think the cruncher would fancy himself!

Remember the team from 20 years ago, I know a different time but there is nothing good from that team in the one now
Fans buyout on 21:25 - Jan 23 with 1654 viewsBluedanW

Fans buyout on 21:14 - Jan 23 by TieDyedIn95

This club isn't worth ANYTHING close to £60million.

We don't own the ground, salable assets are players, they aren't worth more than £10mil between them, outside of maybe Downes, Wolfie and Dozz, then there's the training ground, which has land value.

60million, jesus, that's even double what Evans paid for it when we were not an absolute shower. He'd be lucky to get ten for it right now.

10 more years of Evans and the whole thing will be very affordable to the supporters.

Exactly
Give it 5 years time when we are non league we might have a chance to buy the club
Fans buyout on 21:29 - Jan 23 with 1639 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Fans buyout on 21:13 - Jan 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is the thing. Anyone who is serious about a fan buy-out would need to find a trustworthy and respected organiser who could co-ordinate it. That person or group of people would then need to persuade a number of very wealthy individuals with an interest in the club to back them with significant funding and the promise of enough to cover the on-going deficits. Getting lots of smaller amounts from lesser backers could help but it is the major backers that would be key.

You then have the logistics of running it. However, with the right person co-ordinating that would involve getting advice which seems to be a big problem with the current owner.

And those who put in more would want a larger say. Not to mention the biggest problems of getting decisions made. You can ask 100 different people for their views on the club and you’ll probability get a 100 different answers. As you say this would be a logistical nightmare

Poll: Our final position

Fans buyout on 21:32 - Jan 23 with 1627 viewsFrimleyBlue

Fans buyout on 21:13 - Jan 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Im available :)

Have a proven track record, albeit at a slightly lower club

BUT I did have a 5year plan, and I achieved it

:)

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Fans buyout on 21:38 - Jan 23 with 1590 viewsjeera

Now is not the time to be messaging pop stars to tell them you don't like their music.

We have a football club to save.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fans buyout on 21:40 - Jan 23 with 1577 viewsTieDyedIn95

Fans buyout on 21:25 - Jan 23 by BluedanW

Exactly
Give it 5 years time when we are non league we might have a chance to buy the club

I don't know on what planet we are worth anything near 60mil now. Evans will not even get half what he paid for let alone the 60-70mil he lost after he bought it, but that's entirely on him, not us.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Fans buyout on 21:41 - Jan 23 with 1574 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Fans buyout on 21:32 - Jan 23 by FrimleyBlue

How much are you putting up? £10M? or a little more. Anyone who puts in £10M or over gets a say in decision making. Any smaller backers are doing it on the basis of trusting the consortium (hence why the co-ordinator needs to be someone the backers will trust). Decisions would be made by the co-ordinator but they would be acting on behalf of the major backers and need to keep them happy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Fans buyout on 21:42 - Jan 23 with 1558 viewsjeera

Fans buyout on 21:32 - Jan 23 by FrimleyBlue

You had to ask on here about how to go about watering a pitch.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fans buyout on 21:47 - Jan 23 with 1532 viewsFrimleyBlue

Fans buyout on 21:42 - Jan 23 by jeera

You had to ask on here about how to go about watering a pitch.

A Groundsman I am not, no

But I did hire a Groundsman in the end so all's good.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Fans buyout on 21:47 - Jan 23 with 1532 viewsmidastouch

The Portsmouth fans put in £1k each I believe to help save their club:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-22097965

It's also touched upon in this:

However, even if 10,000 Town fans stepped forward with £1k each (which seems optimistic in these tough financial times) then 10,000 x £1000 = £10,000,000.

Without at least some significant extra help from some other rich benefactors then I think the fans doing it alone is quite a stretch unfortunately. At best it would be a short-term measure but it probably wouldn't be sustainable for long without bigger and deeper pockets prepared to carry on longer-term.

And is Marcus Evans really prepared to write off all the debt (via his existing loans)? I mean every last bit of it?

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Fans buyout on 21:49 - Jan 23 with 1518 viewsjayessess

Can't imagine it'd take £60m and the deficit isn't as much £10m.

Aside from the buyout capital (you'd have to wait for us to go bust, I reckon), the main problem is expectations. The club's normal revenues would make us poorer than we are now. Would the fanbase accept that, just because they owned the club?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Fans buyout on 21:56 - Jan 23 with 1470 viewsBlueForYou

I’ve been a fan for over 45 years. I’m happy to donate £1000. Town gave me some unbelievable times. I would happily support a buyout if something was properly managed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024