Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? 10:58 - Mar 23 with 1625 viewsfactual_blue

It's got to be the amount of blood on the hands of johnson and halfcock, hasn't it?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:01 - Mar 23 with 1420 viewsfooters

Mirrors. What are they and how do they work?

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:02 - Mar 23 with 1409 viewshype313

Which is nicer, Flaming Hot Monster Munch or Pickled Onion.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:03 - Mar 23 with 1401 viewsfooters

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:02 - Mar 23 by hype313

That's impossible.

But both are miles better than beef. Of that we can be assured.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:04 - Mar 23 with 1396 viewshype313

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:03 - Mar 23 by footers

That's impossible.

But both are miles better than beef. Of that we can be assured.

Oh, I've already reflected that Beef should never even be a consideration.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:05 - Mar 23 with 1380 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

No
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:13 - Mar 23 with 1368 viewsDebsyAngel

The failures of this government, not acting fast enough. I was haunted by that poor Italian doctor begging this country to do something or they would end up like Italy did. It was ignored and 2 weeks later, we were in the thick of it. ALL airports and travel should been stopped in January 2020 when the first few cases were coming to light.

Also having a think about friends who have lost loved ones to this plague, and scared for the future that it could all go horribly wrong if we are not all vigilant enough.
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:35 - Mar 23 with 1338 viewsfactual_blue

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:01 - Mar 23 by footers

Mirrors. What are they and how do they work?

They don't work. I look in a mirror, there's no reflection.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 12:57 - Mar 23 with 1275 viewsbluelagos

The lack of humanity shown at times through the desire to protect us all from the disease. Particularly not allowing people to see a dying relative.

I think people should have had the choice to see a dying relative (with a suitable quarantine afterwards) and denying people that chance has increased the trauma many will be facing.

See also limiting funerals to 7 mourners, imagine having lost a partner and then having to chose which relatives were allowed to go to a funeral.

Some elements of the lockdowns have been appalling and I don't think were ever justified, even at the peak of the pandemic.

(Not saying the lockdowns weren't needed - but aspects of them I don't think were justified)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 13:35 - Mar 23 with 1247 viewsBlueBadger

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:05 - Mar 23 by Timefliesbyintheblue

No

Will it be on how endless cutting and privatising hamstrings a joined-up response to a crisis both before and after the event?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 13:45 - Mar 23 with 1229 viewsSarge

The actions of shoppers a year ago that stripped the shelves of pretty much anything which cemented my opinion that people are scum and I hate them. This position hasn’t shifted.
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 14:26 - Mar 23 with 1202 viewsRadlett_blue

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:13 - Mar 23 by DebsyAngel

The failures of this government, not acting fast enough. I was haunted by that poor Italian doctor begging this country to do something or they would end up like Italy did. It was ignored and 2 weeks later, we were in the thick of it. ALL airports and travel should been stopped in January 2020 when the first few cases were coming to light.

Also having a think about friends who have lost loved ones to this plague, and scared for the future that it could all go horribly wrong if we are not all vigilant enough.

You are right that stopping flights by the time COVID was already in the country in March would have been a pointless gesture & would have caused a huge problem with the many British who were overseas at the time.
Blocking flights from January would have made a huge difference, but doing so would have required an unbelievable level of foresight that even Mystic Meg would have found impossible. If we did that every time there is some potential threat, the adverse consequences would be huge.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 14:37 - Mar 23 with 1185 viewsMattinLondon

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:02 - Mar 23 by hype313

Irrelevant. KFC flavoured crisps blow both of them out of the water.
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 14:41 - Mar 23 with 1174 viewsSwansea_Blue

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 14:37 - Mar 23 by MattinLondon

Irrelevant. KFC flavoured crisps blow both of them out of the water.

Eh? You can get KFC flavoured crisps?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 16:27 - Mar 23 with 1120 viewsDubtractor

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 11:04 - Mar 23 by hype313

Oh, I've already reflected that Beef should never even be a consideration.

The big question here, is what to do with the beef flavour from a multipack?

a) save them till the end.
b) eat them first to get them out of the way and save the 'good sh1t' to finish with.
c) 'gift' them to a partner, or your children.
d) bin them.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 16:50 - Mar 23 with 1110 viewsSwansea_Blue

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 16:27 - Mar 23 by Dubtractor

The big question here, is what to do with the beef flavour from a multipack?

a) save them till the end.
b) eat them first to get them out of the way and save the 'good sh1t' to finish with.
c) 'gift' them to a partner, or your children.
d) bin them.

e) Save them until you have the beer munchies

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 16:54 - Mar 23 with 1107 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has to be the amount of blood on the hands of johnson and halfcock and the money their friends have made out of the suffering of others, shirley?

In a reasonable way of course, in terms of lessons learnt and what we can do about it in the future. The main lesson being don't fall for populist, nationalist codswallop and vote the architects of it into office.

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:15 - Mar 23 with 1077 viewsCoastalblue

Think about our political system that seems to boil down to offering me a bunch of arrogant tossers on the one hand and a bunch of arrogant tossers on the other.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:21 - Mar 23 with 1061 viewsMattinLondon

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 14:41 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/images-i.jpimedia.uk/imagefetch/
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 18:36]
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:26 - Mar 23 with 1057 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 16:54 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

Has to be the amount of blood on the hands of johnson and halfcock and the money their friends have made out of the suffering of others, shirley?

In a reasonable way of course, in terms of lessons learnt and what we can do about it in the future. The main lesson being don't fall for populist, nationalist codswallop and vote the architects of it into office.

Every time a post like yours is made, think of it as another nail in the coffin for the type of government you would prefer. Some of the arguments you make might hold some sway - but one thing is certain your delivery and lack of humility is way of beam.
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:28 - Mar 23 with 1052 viewsChurchman

The greed and stupidity of the shelf strippers, including a ugly tub of lard who’d filled her trolley with toilet rolls shouting at ‘er kids’ to pick up the ones falling off the pile as she trundled to her no doubt badly parked big ugly car.

On the flip side, the kindness and generosity of so many people. That includes the people that knocked on my dad’s door to make sure he was alright and if he needed anything. The little things like that really do count.

Lastly, the cleverness and learning so quickly how to deal with this by healthcare professionals and scientists.

This hopeless Government? I hope they’re held to account at the next election. If they had any decency they’d call an election in the autumn as it’s a new world with a smashed economy and allow people to judge them. But that’s just never going to happen.
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:29 - Mar 23 with 1050 viewsMattinLondon

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:26 - Mar 23 by Timefliesbyintheblue

Every time a post like yours is made, think of it as another nail in the coffin for the type of government you would prefer. Some of the arguments you make might hold some sway - but one thing is certain your delivery and lack of humility is way of beam.

Where’s the humility in preventable deaths?
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:43 - Mar 23 with 1026 viewsTimefliesbyintheblue

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:29 - Mar 23 by MattinLondon

Where’s the humility in preventable deaths?

I can make a case for saying that every prime minister has blood on their hands. Dictating to the electorate over what they should or should not vote for will never win you favours. So so many on here spend their time preaching to the converted and fail completely in winning over those they will need if an alternative government is to be elected.
What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:59 - Mar 23 with 997 viewsMattinLondon

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:43 - Mar 23 by Timefliesbyintheblue

I can make a case for saying that every prime minister has blood on their hands. Dictating to the electorate over what they should or should not vote for will never win you favours. So so many on here spend their time preaching to the converted and fail completely in winning over those they will need if an alternative government is to be elected.

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 19:30 - Mar 23 with 972 viewsMullet

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 18:26 - Mar 23 by Timefliesbyintheblue

What are you saying exactly?

The next election may well be fought over death tolls and receipts. How many times did we hear about Iraq to break apart Brown et al?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 20:00 - Mar 23 with 940 viewsJ2BLUE

What will you be reflecting on during the National Day Of Reflection? on 14:41 - Mar 23 by Swansea_Blue

They are basically roast chicken flavour. Don't get your hopes up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024