Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls 08:55 - Mar 25 with 15018 viewsgtsb1966

I wasn't too disappointed last year but this year i feel a bit deflated by the whole thing if I'm being honest. Usually go with a few mates for a week and then have another quiet week away to relax. Obviously needs must and all that but for some reason it has really peed me off. Anyway else feel the same.
No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 08:58 - Mar 25 with 4785 viewsBluefish

There will be later in the year. Red, amber and green countries

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 08:58 - Mar 25 with 4795 viewsfooters

Most of us have our health, and that's most important. Always nice to get away but some are treating it like they've lost a kid by not going (not you, btw) - chillax, plenty of time to go away and much of this beautiful country to enjoy in the meantime :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:02 - Mar 25 with 4763 viewsitfcpaul

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 08:58 - Mar 25 by Bluefish

Don't hold your breath..

wait for the latest increase in infections and the same on the continent, the gov will again try opening up and once again infections will rise and we will be in lockdown again, the Gov are expecting it

Also the Gov were basing everything on the vaccine programme going as planned which it isnt, we are going to have a really bad month in April, the effects of schools going back and Monday's relaxation will increase cases again so the way out of this will close again
[Post edited 25 Mar 2021 9:07]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:04 - Mar 25 with 4760 viewsStokieBlue

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 08:58 - Mar 25 by Bluefish

I wouldn't be sure of that.

The UK variant is about to run wild in Europe it seems and France are getting 2000 of the probably worse SA variant a day.

I think better to wait and see than have false hope.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:06 - Mar 25 with 4732 viewsGuthrum

It's not so long ago when holidays abroad were a luxury (affordable only to the few) rather than being almost considered a right. I think we're going to have to get used to it being more like that again, at least for some time.

I'm by no means opposed to foreign travel. It does generally broaden the mind. However - as you allude in the OP - it's not necessary during an international pandemic crisis and I think people were not very clever getting their hopes up for this summer*.

* Fuelled partly by travel companies and airlines understandably trying to save their businesses.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:11 - Mar 25 with 4686 viewshomer_123

Use the time to travel within the UK and see what this country has to offer.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:15 - Mar 25 with 4669 viewsbluelagos

Can't say I'm happy, but if the govt are following the scientist's advice, then so be it.

What I am not looking forward to is the localism gone mad we'll get all summer. People constantly moaning about visitors to the various UK spots/beaches. Holiday overseas, you're irresponsible. Holiday at home, you're unwelcome.

One of the bright spots of last summer was people using local(ish) outdoors - like the river down an Dedham. But boy did the locals get upset at the idea that other people were spoiling "their" beauty spot.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:15 - Mar 25 with 4665 viewsfooters

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:11 - Mar 25 by homer_123

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:17 - Mar 25 with 4658 viewshomer_123

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:15 - Mar 25 by footers

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:19 - Mar 25 with 4643 viewsbluelagos

Last summer the majority of campsites closed their toilet/shower blocks making tenting pretty much impossible. Hope they are a bit more tent friendly this summer.

Youth hostels also banned all shared rooms.

Agree there's loads to see in the Uk and be nice to explore it without having to buy a camper van!

(But if anyone wants to lend me one...with a tow bar :-) )

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:20 - Mar 25 with 4634 viewsGuthrum

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:15 - Mar 25 by bluelagos

Can't say I'm happy, but if the govt are following the scientist's advice, then so be it.

What I am not looking forward to is the localism gone mad we'll get all summer. People constantly moaning about visitors to the various UK spots/beaches. Holiday overseas, you're irresponsible. Holiday at home, you're unwelcome.

One of the bright spots of last summer was people using local(ish) outdoors - like the river down an Dedham. But boy did the locals get upset at the idea that other people were spoiling "their" beauty spot.

That will always be the case with those who don't cotton on and make money out of it (e.g. by doing B&B).

Same here in Cheltenham where people grumble about the race traffic and the drunks during the Gold Cup, but pretty much anybody with as much as a spare broom cupboard lets it out for racegoers to stay in and the pubs make a sizeable chunk of their annual profit during that week.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:24 - Mar 25 with 4616 viewsHerbivore

I'd already reconciled myself with not going abroad this year so I'm not too bothered. I'd rather wait and go when it's safe and hopefully when there are fewer restrictions and impediments in place anyway.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:26 - Mar 25 with 4601 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 08:58 - Mar 25 by footers

Most of us have our health, and that's most important. Always nice to get away but some are treating it like they've lost a kid by not going (not you, btw) - chillax, plenty of time to go away and much of this beautiful country to enjoy in the meantime :)

I am off to view a property so up yours peasant!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:26 - Mar 25 with 4592 viewsBluefish

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:04 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

The UK variant is about to run wild in Europe it seems and France are getting 2000 of the probably worse SA variant a day.

SB

A life without hope is no life at all

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:27 - Mar 25 with 4587 viewsBluefish

Why can't people do both?

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:27 - Mar 25 with 4595 viewsStokieBlue

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:19 - Mar 25 by bluelagos

Last summer the majority of campsites closed their toilet/shower blocks making tenting pretty much impossible. Hope they are a bit more tent friendly this summer.

Youth hostels also banned all shared rooms.

Agree there's loads to see in the Uk and be nice to explore it without having to buy a camper van!

(But if anyone wants to lend me one...with a tow bar :-) )

There really shouldn't be any closures of those types of facilities given what we now know about how C19 is most likely contracted.

Contamination of surfaces isn't a big vector it seems.

SB

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:28 - Mar 25 with 4578 viewsChurchman

My usual routine has been a ski trip with a mate, summer hol with the misses, the odd golf break, a trip for er indoors with her buddy somewhere. All in the bin this year, maybe next too. Yes I’m peed off about out if I’m honest.

But then I slap myself and remember I have my health, nobody close has died of this awful virus and I’ve been very lucky to go on nice trips abroad in previous years. Holidays abroad will happen again in some shape or form and I look forward to them when the time is right.
No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:28 - Mar 25 with 4570 viewsBluefish

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:27 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

There really shouldn't be any closures of those types of facilities given what we now know about how C19 is most likely contracted.

SB

Can you let the government know?

I am going away on April 15th but toilets and showers are closed

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:31 - Mar 25 with 4543 viewsGlasgowBlue

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:27 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

SB

I’ve seen you post this a few times Stokie. Do you have a link?

I don’t doubt you but supermarkets and DIY stores are still sanitising their trollies.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:31 - Mar 25 with 4546 viewshype313

I'm due to go to NY in December, I'm kinda hopeful on this, as I read yesterday that the UK/US are looking at opening up travel corridors in June, basically travel corridors will be in place for countries that haven't made a clusterf*** on the vaccine rollout.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:31 - Mar 25 with 4542 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:04 - Mar 25 by StokieBlue

SB

If vaccines protect the individual and make transmission less likely then what am I missing?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:31 - Mar 25 with 4543 viewsHerbivore

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:26 - Mar 25 by Bluefish

A life without hope is no life at all

Dude, you support ITFC. We have no life.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:33 - Mar 25 with 4537 viewsStokieBlue

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:28 - Mar 25 by Bluefish

Can you let the government know?

I am going away on April 15th but toilets and showers are closed

Am afraid there isn't much I can do but I am not sure why the myth on deep cleaning is persisting.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4

I can link the Lancet studies if you're interested but I would need to go find them.

SB

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:33 - Mar 25 with 4527 viewsBluefish

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:31 - Mar 25 by Herbivore

Dude, you support ITFC. We have no life.

The other thing that gets us through is false hope and fading memories

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:35 - Mar 25 with 4511 viewsBluefish

No holidays abroad really is a kick in the balls on 09:31 - Mar 25 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve seen you post this a few times Stokie. Do you have a link?

I don’t doubt you but supermarkets and DIY stores are still sanitising their trollies.

The sanitising hands thing disappeared ages ago and a few professor people have said it just isn't really a factor. It is possible but unlikely

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024