Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess 17:26 - May 13 with 1828 viewsITFC_96

Surely now it's public that the players are essentially being let go at a discount, that Cook has shown his cards? Why has this been made so frank? The club is going to lose them for peanuts.

And if they don't get bought, you now have a full squad of players who are unhappy and will force themselves out of the club in one way or another. This has essentially made their transfer values virtually zero at this point unless clubs start a bidding war for them. What message does it send to the younger players at the club now? They are going to be much more hesitant to sign a new contract if other clubs come sniffing around for them.

I think everyone wanted a rebuild around a core team of players, not throw caution to the wind and tell them they're all cr*p and to "find a new club".
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:29 - May 13 with 1784 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's worth pointing out that the club hasn't said any of this.
It's been leaked.

I would imagine that agents would have been told we would be open to offers on our players. Once that news gets out, with that number of people involved, its hard to keep a lid on.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:29 - May 13 with 1785 viewsButterbing

It's not been announced publicly. It seems more likely that some of the players have leaked it. None of the journos or ITK posters have given their sources though so can't be totally sure.
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:30 - May 13 with 1782 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure they're going to let people go for peanuts. Indeed, I think Mark Ashton prides himself on being a canny dealer in the transfer market.
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:31 - May 13 with 1760 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:30 - May 13 by PhilTWTD

Not sure they're going to let people go for peanuts. Indeed, I think Mark Ashton prides himself on being a canny dealer in the transfer market.

Phil,

Whats the situation with Ashton? Starts June 1st, but your chat with Detmer seems to indicate that he's already 'on the job' as it were.

Is he unofficially on gardening leave for Bristol C?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:33 - May 13 with 1748 viewschrismakin

How do you know the meeting wasn't

" We;re going to have a big pre season lads, and we are going for it next season, promotion is a must, we are open to all of you staying and being part of it, however if a club comes in for you and you want to leave, that's ok"

You would then hope someone like a dozzell would speak to him personally and say I want to be part of it. I will do what you need me to do etc

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:35 - May 13 with 1726 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:36 - May 13 with 1718 viewsITFC_96

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:29 - May 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's worth pointing out that the club hasn't said any of this.
It's been leaked.

I would imagine that agents would have been told we would be open to offers on our players. Once that news gets out, with that number of people involved, its hard to keep a lid on.

The club hasn't leaked it but telling every one of your players to "find a new club" is obviously going to get out eventually, whether to the public or at the negotiation table.

I'm not convinced any of these players are going to get fees above £1m given that it's now known to every club that they are all surplus to requirements and are being pushed out. They need little incentive to convince the players to join, and they know the player isn't going to want to stay either now.
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:39 - May 13 with 1689 viewspointofblue

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:33 - May 13 by chrismakin

" We;re going to have a big pre season lads, and we are going for it next season, promotion is a must, we are open to all of you staying and being part of it, however if a club comes in for you and you want to leave, that's ok"

You would then hope someone like a dozzell would speak to him personally and say I want to be part of it. I will do what you need me to do etc

Not sure it would have leaked the way it has if that was the case though hope you’re right. Especially when it comes to KVY, Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell and Bishop. In fairness keep those five and offload everyone else; I’d be fine with that (could even understand letting the latter two go).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:41 - May 13 with 1676 viewsmonty_radio

It's ever been our complaint - whether warranted or not - that Town have been a soft touch when selling its best. Even those who are reported to dislike Ashton credit him with getting top dollar. Is it that we are so unused to such professionalism that we assume it can't be about to happen for us?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:42 - May 13 with 1652 viewschrismakin

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:39 - May 13 by pointofblue

Not sure it would have leaked the way it has if that was the case though hope you’re right. Especially when it comes to KVY, Woolfenden, Downes, Dozzell and Bishop. In fairness keep those five and offload everyone else; I’d be fine with that (could even understand letting the latter two go).

I;ll be dissapointed to see Downes go, but I know he's desperate to go higher asap
KVY, shocked he's included,
Wolfenden,, Had high hopes of being our captain for years to come,

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:43 - May 13 with 1648 viewsBlueandTruesince82

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:36 - May 13 by ITFC_96

The club hasn't leaked it but telling every one of your players to "find a new club" is obviously going to get out eventually, whether to the public or at the negotiation table.

I'm not convinced any of these players are going to get fees above £1m given that it's now known to every club that they are all surplus to requirements and are being pushed out. They need little incentive to convince the players to join, and they know the player isn't going to want to stay either now.

But if the club doesn't tell the players than the agents can't go drumming up interest can they?

This is how every transfer where a club has no longer wants a player has been handled, ever. Club tells playes they are on the transfer list. Club tells agent same, agents does his job and looks for interested parties.

Jesus wept.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:44 - May 13 with 1635 viewsITFC_96

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:41 - May 13 by monty_radio

It's ever been our complaint - whether warranted or not - that Town have been a soft touch when selling its best. Even those who are reported to dislike Ashton credit him with getting top dollar. Is it that we are so unused to such professionalism that we assume it can't be about to happen for us?

But nothing about this situation suggests we are going to get top dollar for any of them. Why are clubs going to offer large fees when they know the player is now unhappy and they can just wait a couple months to get them for almost nothing?
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:45 - May 13 with 1622 viewsITFC_96

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:43 - May 13 by BlueandTruesince82

But if the club doesn't tell the players than the agents can't go drumming up interest can they?

This is how every transfer where a club has no longer wants a player has been handled, ever. Club tells playes they are on the transfer list. Club tells agent same, agents does his job and looks for interested parties.

Jesus wept.

Except they haven't even been put on a transfer list?
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:46 - May 13 with 1598 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We won't lose millions.

Our players are worth very little money.

If they are any good, then more than one club will be in for them and we can play those clubs off against one another.

It's really not going to be costly to the club.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:56 - May 13 with 1548 viewsBlueandTruesince82

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:45 - May 13 by ITFC_96

Well thats semantics isn't it. They have been told they are free to find new clubs and that offers will be listened to, sounds like they are all available transfer to me.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 17:58]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:04 - May 13 with 1498 viewsmonty_radio

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:44 - May 13 by ITFC_96

But nothing about this situation suggests we are going to get top dollar for any of them. Why are clubs going to offer large fees when they know the player is now unhappy and they can just wait a couple months to get them for almost nothing?

Nothing suggests it to you or me, but we are not the professionals to whom my post referred.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:22 - May 13 with 1451 viewsstonojnr

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:33 - May 13 by chrismakin

Because I trust the likes of Stuart Watson not to embellish such a story for a few extra clicks on the EADT, if he and Andy Warren's info is Cook has told most of the players in very frank meetings they arent in his plans anymore, then I believe that's the situation
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:25 - May 13 with 1440 viewschrismakin

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:22 - May 13 by stonojnr

Because I trust the likes of Stuart Watson not to embellish such a story for a few extra clicks on the EADT, if he and Andy Warren's info is Cook has told most of the players in very frank meetings they arent in his plans anymore, then I believe that's the situation

Yeah at Watson also says it may be a test to see if any of those players show a desire to stay.

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:27 - May 13 with 1431 viewsITFC_96

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:25 - May 13 by chrismakin

Yeah at Watson also says it may be a test to see if any of those players show a desire to stay.

I certainly wouldn't be showing any desire to stay if that happened. He's literally told them to find new clubs. What do they have to do, beg him to stay?

I don't know about this whole situation, all I know is that if come next season we finish mid table again, the appointment of Cook will have destroyed this club.
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:31 - May 13 with 1412 viewschrismakin

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:27 - May 13 by ITFC_96

I certainly wouldn't be showing any desire to stay if that happened. He's literally told them to find new clubs. What do they have to do, beg him to stay?

I don't know about this whole situation, all I know is that if come next season we finish mid table again, the appointment of Cook will have destroyed this club.

Then you'd be the exact player PC doesn;t want and what Town don't want

It's not begging to say, I want to stay, I want to be part of this

And if we finish top, you'll be wandering why you've panicked

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 20:37 - May 13 with 1274 viewsWicklowBlue

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 18:27 - May 13 by ITFC_96

"if come next season we finish mid table again, Cook will have destroyed this club."

We've just finished midtable for the second season in a row, which is nothing to do with Cook. If we spunk a load of money on better players and finish midtable then I'd be unhappy with Cook but wouldn't say he destroyed this club.

It's time for some tough love to be handed out to our safe and comfy players. If some respond to that and work harder preseason to prove a point great! If they don't sod off, we need to have greater aspirations.
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 20:41 - May 13 with 1251 viewsIpswichKnight

I kind of hope it’s like Brian Clough in the damned United when took over at Dirty Leeds. “ Your all f**cling Cr*p “
The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 20:49 - May 13 with 1224 viewsWicklowBlue

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 20:41 - May 13 by IpswichKnight

I kind of hope it’s like Brian Clough in the damned United when took over at Dirty Leeds. “ Your all f**cling Cr*p “

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 20:50 - May 13 with 1220 viewsWakh

The strangest thing about this is the complete lack of negotiation prowess on 17:45 - May 13 by ITFC_96

Err? The players are represented. Agent, PFA whatever. If they have been told they can leave then they are on the transfer list.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024