Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre 10:03 - Jun 12 with 2534 viewsHipsterectomy

Our fans on twitter seem to think we're selling him for £500,000 which, if not total BS, seems very low. Didn't Norwich want him a few seasons ago for £3-4 million?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Andre on 10:13 - Jun 12 with 2416 viewsBlueBadger

He hadn't spent a couple of seasons languishing in the third division at that point.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 10:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andre on 10:13 - Jun 12 with 2416 viewswrightsrightglove

Very different market and landscape at the moment and he hasn’t really shown any major improvement in the last few years and he’s no longer a youngster. If we picked up someone like Burns for £150k then that’s a good benchmark to indicate what Andre would be worth. £500k plus add ons wouldn’t be far off the mark I don’t think.
Andre on 10:13 - Jun 12 with 2407 viewsStokieBlue

Things move on, no way he's worth anything like that nowadays.

500k + large sell on seems most likely.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Andre on 10:14 - Jun 12 with 2395 viewsWD19

£500k Max I would of thought. Maybe the bonus of someone coming back the other way too.

As others have said, given the way things have panned out, the only way we are going to make good money on Dozzell now is a hefty sell on and the hope he reaches his full potential. That won’t be with us, unfortunately.
Andre on 10:19 - Jun 12 with 2342 viewsjayessess

Did anyone ever concretely offer that kind of money for him? Back in the day when people used to flap about losing him every Summer it always seemed unlikely that we were being offered such money for a player who couldn't get a run in our first team.

I can well believe his value dropped over the past two seasons. Football economics is that a 19-20-year-old who has great potential is worth more than a 21-22-year-old who has had 100 inconsistent games in League 1.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Andre on 10:20 - Jun 12 with 2329 viewsSouperJim

I'd snap your arm off for £500k, he's lacking in far too many areas and I get very little sense from him that he has the determination and drive to kick on. If he goes and does it somewhere else, good luck to him, but he's very little use to us at the moment.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Andre on 10:28 - Jun 12 with 2259 viewsBlueBadger

Andre on 10:20 - Jun 12 by SouperJim

I'd snap your arm off for £500k, he's lacking in far too many areas and I get very little sense from him that he has the determination and drive to kick on. If he goes and does it somewhere else, good luck to him, but he's very little use to us at the moment.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Like a lot of our players, he's been desperately lacking for some proper coaching, team structure and motivation that doesn't involve being told to run around in your pants or Dortmund and Celtic.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Andre on 10:41 - Jun 12 with 2172 viewsSouperJim

Andre on 10:28 - Jun 12 by BlueBadger

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Like a lot of our players, he's been desperately lacking for some proper coaching, team structure and motivation that doesn't involve being told to run around in your pants or Dortmund and Celtic.

If it was as simple as that, I'm quite confident we'd be keeping him.

I'm going to nail my colours to the mast and say I don't think he'll never make it as a consistent performer in the top two divisions. If he proves me wrong then I'll hold my hands up, but we've seen before that being technically gifted and having a good eye for a pass is not enough if you're too lightweight and can't also do the ugly side of the game.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Andre on 10:42 - Jun 12 with 2166 views_itfczac

Honestly don't think he's worth anything more than 500k in todays market, would be a good deal for all parties
Andre on 10:46 - Jun 12 with 2170 viewsPhilTWTD

I've been told his contract included a clause that if an offer came in at a certain level - and £500,000 sounds about right to me - the club have to accept it. That doesn't surprise me as Town weren't in a strong position when he signed his new deal last season.
Andre on 11:23 - Jun 12 with 1959 viewsBelsteadCav

I’d drive him to QPR if they gave us 500k

King of the board since 98
Poll: Updated Poll . What would you rather win as a Sportsman

Andre on 11:30 - Jun 12 with 1933 viewsdavblue

Andre on 10:46 - Jun 12 by PhilTWTD

I've been told his contract included a clause that if an offer came in at a certain level - and £500,000 sounds about right to me - the club have to accept it. That doesn't surprise me as Town weren't in a strong position when he signed his new deal last season.

So no sell on fee as part of that clause?
Andre on 11:42 - Jun 12 with 1867 viewsJamestownPrince

If his name was Andre Bloggs, we would all be happy....

If Harry Wrights dad was Willie Wright the family butcher, he may have been released earlier.

I do sometime feel sorry for kids whos parents had a great sporting career as so much is expected from them at times, and there is always a "will never be as good as your old man" syndrome about..... Jordi Cruijff wasn't a bad player, but he was never going to be as good as his old man!!

On the flipside, having a "name" or a parent or family member can get you on the ladder and sometimes a longer contract or "extra time" - wasn't that long since we had Sheringham's son and the Guentchev boys in our reserves not exactly setting the world alight.

however
Andre on 12:06 - Jun 12 with 1764 viewsOldboy

£500k? We should be bitting their hand off. He needs a change as much as we do.
Andre on 12:11 - Jun 12 with 1741 viewschrismakin

Andre on 10:46 - Jun 12 by PhilTWTD

See. For me that interesting

We have PC feeling and publically saying its feels like some players dont want to be here

And we know downes threw toys over palace and now we have andre popping on a mere 500k value to ensure he can leave at the earliest opportunity.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 12:19]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Andre on 12:22 - Jun 12 with 1664 viewsRegencyBlue

The hype is long gone now and anyone looking at Dozzell is looking at an ordinary League 1 player who failed to stand out in a poor team in a poor League.

£500,000 would be good business for us, with some sort of sell on clause just in case!
Andre on 12:34 - Jun 12 with 1588 viewsHipsterectomy

It’s fair to say his value has definitely dropped with us, but I’ve seen rival fans (Sunderland, Pompey, Charlton etc) all claim that Dozzell was great for us and they should try and get him. £500k is an offer I’d expected those teams to have offered us, but I guess the price makes sense if it was agreed in his contract.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Andre on 12:46 - Jun 12 with 1515 viewsBloomBlue

The market has changed a lot especially with Covid, I don't think we should sell him but if we do £500k is about right - I think Warburton's style of play will be perfect for Dozzell. Same with Harper we shouldn't pay more than £500k, both players were highly regarded but haven't fulfilled their potential in the last couple of season.
Andre on 12:57 - Jun 12 with 1470 viewstractorboy1978

Andre on 12:11 - Jun 12 by chrismakin

See. For me that interesting

We have PC feeling and publically saying its feels like some players dont want to be here

And we know downes threw toys over palace and now we have andre popping on a mere 500k value to ensure he can leave at the earliest opportunity.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 12:19]

It says to me he's a professional footballer that is ambitious and wants to play as high as he can. And re Downes, we are a L1 football club at the end of the day, we cannot expect players to be happy about having a move to a Premier League club blocked. Particularly when we weren't even a good L1 football club with a proper plan and upward mobility last season.

I think both need a move as much as we need to freshen things up tbh.
Andre on 13:10 - Jun 12 with 1376 views26_Paz

500k for someone with 2 assists and 1 goal in league 1? Bite their hand off and worry privately about their mental health.

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024