Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil 10:17 - Jul 21 with 4029 viewsKesgrave_Exile

I thought Teddy Bishops move to MK Dons was more or less complete. Is it still on the verge of completion Phil or has something held it up?

I'm also surprised no one has taken a punt on Nydam yet.
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:23 - Jul 21 with 3382 viewsPhilTWTD

Not sure what the hold-up is on Bishop, was told it was all but done nearly a month ago now. Agree re Nydam.
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:25 - Jul 21 with 3343 viewsclive_baker

Think it is pretty much done.

Anyone know if Nydam is on trial anywhere? I would've thought he would be the most obvious one for Colchester to look at, more so than any they have signed tbh given his age and the fact he lives there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:40 - Jul 21 with 3215 viewstractorboy1978

Joe said yesterday (I believe, they all roll into one at the moment) that he believes Nydam had a setback on his injury...
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 10:40]
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:43 - Jul 21 with 3174 viewsitfcjoe

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:25 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

Think it is pretty much done.

Anyone know if Nydam is on trial anywhere? I would've thought he would be the most obvious one for Colchester to look at, more so than any they have signed tbh given his age and the fact he lives there.

I think Nydam had to have another op a few weeks back - from a few bits I've heard he's considering the insurance pay out and looking at non league football

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:46 - Jul 21 with 3127 viewsWallingford_Boy

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:43 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

I think Nydam had to have another op a few weeks back - from a few bits I've heard he's considering the insurance pay out and looking at non league football

Some things are just not meant to be....

Shame.

But yeah, maybe still something for him in playing further down the pyramid/start his coaching badges.

RIP Sir Bobby

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:49 - Jul 21 with 3091 viewshype313

Given some of the salaries being offered in non league, he could still have a lucrative time whilst doing other bits and pieces.

Such a shame his body isn't up to the rigors of full time professional football.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:04 - Jul 21 with 2880 viewsmonty_radio

Though I guess each policy would be tailor-made for the player, what might be the parameters e.g. what if things worked out in a few years so that he was ready and able to go back into league football?

Would there be limitations on the level of league / salary that he currently opted for in non-league?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:13 - Jul 21 with 2795 viewsitfcjoe

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:04 - Jul 21 by monty_radio

Though I guess each policy would be tailor-made for the player, what might be the parameters e.g. what if things worked out in a few years so that he was ready and able to go back into league football?

Would there be limitations on the level of league / salary that he currently opted for in non-league?

I don't know a lot about this, but have seen before when players who have previously gone into non-league and 'retired' can't play in the league again unless the pay the money back.

Login to get fewer ads

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:18 - Jul 21 with 2735 viewsSitfcB

Heard he’s going to Lincoln #DefInfo #ITK

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:38 - Jul 21 with 2600 viewsGarv

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:40 - Jul 21 by tractorboy1978

Joe said yesterday (I believe, they all roll into one at the moment) that he believes Nydam had a setback on his injury...
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 10:40]

Might explain him not getting a new deal.

With a small squad you have to imagine fitness and injury prevention/management is a big priority now.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:39 - Jul 21 with 2585 viewsPhilTWTD

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 10:23 - Jul 21 by PhilTWTD

Not sure what the hold-up is on Bishop, was told it was all but done nearly a month ago now. Agree re Nydam.

Evidently things have moved on! Can confirm he is going to Lincoln.
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:40 - Jul 21 with 2562 viewsclive_baker

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:39 - Jul 21 by PhilTWTD

Evidently things have moved on! Can confirm he is going to Lincoln.

It's a great move IMO. I think Lincoln will be top 6 next season.

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:53 - Jul 21 with 2439 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:40 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

It's a great move IMO. I think Lincoln will be top 6 next season.

Although not ideal him going to a rival...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:57 - Jul 21 with 2403 viewsPhilTWTD

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:13 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

I don't know a lot about this, but have seen before when players who have previously gone into non-league and 'retired' can't play in the league again unless the pay the money back.

Tony Roberts at Dagenham and Redbridge was in this position. Going back further, Mark Higgins when he came out of retirement and joined Manchester United.

https://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/1506140.smith-signs-daggers-insurance-put
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:58 - Jul 21 with 2378 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:53 - Jul 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

That depends. If he can find the form and consistency to be the best player in the league, then yes. If he continues to play well for a spell and then be rather less effective then maybe it is good.

Ultimately all our rivals will have some good players and it is down to us to be better. We need to worry about ourselves and our own performances. (And I know you weren't saying anything different to that too.)

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 12:01 - Jul 21 with 2335 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:57 - Jul 21 by PhilTWTD

Tony Roberts at Dagenham and Redbridge was in this position. Going back further, Mark Higgins when he came out of retirement and joined Manchester United.

https://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/1506140.smith-signs-daggers-insurance-put

It's not that unreasonable really - if the insurance was against losing something that they then manage to achieve anyway. I guess a lot of it is in how the insurance is worded. Presumably those that then do play, make sure they are getting more in the contract than they are paying back or are financially secure and just want the chance to actually play at a high level.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 12:05 - Jul 21 with 2305 viewsclive_baker

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:53 - Jul 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

It was always likely, he wasn't going to L2 and he wasn't going to the Championship. Ultimately, if our management have deemed our replacements and alternatives to be better, and an upgrade, then that would give us confidence that we're better placed than those taking our cast offs. Unfortunately it doesn't always work like that.

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 12:20 - Jul 21 with 2194 viewsVic

Which would probably account for why he didn’t play again after the game and a half he had, and why it wasn’t clear he was one of those he wanted to keep.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:33 - Jul 21 with 1960 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 11:58 - Jul 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

That depends. If he can find the form and consistency to be the best player in the league, then yes. If he continues to play well for a spell and then be rather less effective then maybe it is good.

Ultimately all our rivals will have some good players and it is down to us to be better. We need to worry about ourselves and our own performances. (And I know you weren't saying anything different to that too.)

Oh totally. I was just less concerned when he was nailed on for MK Dons.

Ultimately we let him go so nothing we can do about it.

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:34 - Jul 21 with 1948 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 12:05 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

It was always likely, he wasn't going to L2 and he wasn't going to the Championship. Ultimately, if our management have deemed our replacements and alternatives to be better, and an upgrade, then that would give us confidence that we're better placed than those taking our cast offs. Unfortunately it doesn't always work like that.

It wasn't always likely. It was likely he was going to MK Dons. Unless you see them as a rival?

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:49 - Jul 21 with 1868 viewsclive_baker

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:34 - Jul 21 by The_Flashing_Smile

It wasn't always likely. It was likely he was going to MK Dons. Unless you see them as a rival?

I would certainly have both Lincoln and MK Dons as top 10 sides this season, I like their business.

Top half of L1 I would go something like:

Tier 1: Sunderland, Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Rotherham
Tier 2: Wycombe, Wigan, MK Dons, Lincoln, Oxford, Bolton, Pompey, Charlton, Burton
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 13:51]

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:57 - Jul 21 with 1802 viewsitfcjoe

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:49 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

I would certainly have both Lincoln and MK Dons as top 10 sides this season, I like their business.

Tier 2: Wycombe, Wigan, MK Dons, Lincoln, Oxford, Bolton, Pompey, Charlton, Burton

You can still get 3/1 on MKD finishing in top 6, that will come tumbling soon - Russell Martin a very good manager in the making

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:58 - Jul 21 with 1791 viewstractorboy1978

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:57 - Jul 21 by itfcjoe

You can still get 3/1 on MKD finishing in top 6, that will come tumbling soon - Russell Martin a very good manager in the making

Lambert's protege.
Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 14:00 - Jul 21 with 1769 viewsChrisd

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 12:20 - Jul 21 by Vic

Which would probably account for why he didn’t play again after the game and a half he had, and why it wasn’t clear he was one of those he wanted to keep.

Exactly, which goes to show that for all the moaning about why certain players have been let go we don't really know the facts and are making a judgement purely on face value. I was one of those that thought that Nydam would be one of the players that PC would like to keep and was surprised when they allowed him to leave, especially with his attitude and ability. However, it highlights we should trust our manager to do his job and back his judgement as we don't know all the facts and are just speculating.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 14:05]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 17:00 - Jul 21 with 1509 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Teddy Bishop FAO Phil on 13:49 - Jul 21 by clive_baker

I didn't really see MK as a threat to us but fairy nuff.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024