Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… 17:45 - Jul 21 with 1438 viewsMattinLondon

What position and style would it be. My mate reckons it’ll be a sluggish old school central defender I can understand that argument.

I reckon it’ll be a holding midfielder but with the right ingredients (players) around it then it’ll become much more than that. It’ll add flair to its game but with no real pace. Thoughts?
If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:47 - Jul 21 with 1412 viewsWD19

Goalkeeper. Just sitting there with an array of garish tops trying to make something inherently dull more interesting.
If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:49 - Jul 21 with 1403 viewsRomeo4

Utility player. Doesn’t excel in any position but will serve the team well wherever he’s asked to play. Versatile and well-appreciated by fans and teammates alike.
If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:49 - Jul 21 with 1393 viewsvapour_trail

Italian centre half. Pretending butter wouldn’t melt in its mouth.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:49 - Jul 21 with 1396 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:49 - Jul 21 with 1392 viewsMattinLondon

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:49 - Jul 21 by Romeo4

Utility player. Doesn’t excel in any position but will serve the team well wherever he’s asked to play. Versatile and well-appreciated by fans and teammates alike.

Good point. A jacket potato is Micky Stockwell.
If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:52 - Jul 21 with 1387 viewsTangledupin_Blue

With butter, cheese, bacon and tomato it'd be box to box midfielder. Add onion and gravy and you'd have Messi. (Or Messy if you're a philistine).

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:55 - Jul 21 with 1355 viewsKeaneish

It would be a Jan Molby position

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 18:04 - Jul 21 with 1329 viewsBasingstokeBlue

A midfield/forward notching up 278 club goals and 53 international, before becoming player/manager at Derby County.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Login to get fewer ads

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 18:18 - Jul 21 with 1272 viewsTractorWood

Denis Irwin. Functional, decent in its own right but zero sparkle.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 18:20 - Jul 21 with 1264 viewsFtnfwest

Dunno, in shirts v skins it would be obviously what side it would be on though…
If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 18:24 - Jul 21 with 1245 viewsclive_baker

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 17:55 - Jul 21 by Keaneish

It would be a Jan Molby position

Or, Yam Molby, in this instance.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 18:27 - Jul 21 with 1242 viewsOldboy

Stick it up front, got to be better than Jackson.
If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 18:28 - Jul 21 with 1232 viewsKropotkin123

John Terry came to mind. Not sure why though.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 20:06 - Jul 21 with 1152 viewsWeWereZombies

No idea but when it comes to shirts v skins games I don't think there is much doubt about which side it would play on...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 20:37 - Jul 21 with 1129 viewsJ2BLUE

CDM 7/10 every game, underappreciated.

Dolly would despise them and insist they weren't one of our matchday 11.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 20:40 - Jul 21 with 1119 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunday League plodder. Probably thought they were someone once with all the butter and garnishes but ultimately they’re not kidding anyone.

Pronouns: He/Him

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 21:15 - Jul 21 with 1043 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 21:21 - Jul 21 with 1020 viewsDarth_Koont

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 21:15 - Jul 21 by BryanPlug

It was staring at us. Even the face.

Still a quality call.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 21:26]

Pronouns: He/Him

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 21:26 - Jul 21 with 999 viewsvapour_trail

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 21:15 - Jul 21 by BryanPlug

Winner!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 22:35 - Jul 21 with 928 viewsSitfcB

ffs unbelievable how it took so long really, well played.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 23:47 - Jul 21 with 892 viewshoppy

If a jacket potato was a professional footballer… on 22:35 - Jul 21 by SitfcB

ffs unbelievable how it took so long really, well played.

Indeed. As soon as I saw the post title, that was my immediate thought, and as I scrolled down, was surprised not to see it until near the bottom of the page!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024