Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite Tarantino films? 17:51 - Jul 30 with 2524 viewsCoastalblue

Rewatched Once Upon A Time In Hollywood this week, and really enjoyed it. For me I think it's my favourite behind Pulp Fiction which he has never bettered in my opinion.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Favourite Tarantino films? on 17:55 - Jul 30 with 2498 viewsIllinoisblue

Pulp Fiction is pretty near perfect. Could watch that again and again. Big fan, too, of Inglorious Basterds

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 18:45 - Jul 30 with 2436 viewsMullet

Reservoir Dogs
Inglorious Basterds
Pulp Fiction

Outside of that I’m not a fan of his stuff. Beyond having great music taste, the constant references and foot fetish wears a bit too much. I’ve not seen Hollywood yet so might give it a go.

True Romance is possibly the best thing he’s been involved in as far as I’m concerned.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Favourite Tarantino films? on 18:52 - Jul 30 with 2426 viewsMerseyBlue

That's like asking to pick my favourite (extremely hypothetical) child.

Pulp Fiction is probably the one for me, so many outstanding scenes and quotes. The score is up there as one of the best of all time. Reservoir Dogs is a bit more rough around the edges but superb nonetheless. Honourable mentions for OUaTiH and Django but the longer I think about the more I think you could make the case for almost all of them.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 18:55 - Jul 30 with 2419 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, I enjoyed it the first time but it was even better second time around. Which isn’t true for films like the Hateful 8.

As you say, I’d put it up there in the pack behind Pulp Fiction. And Jackie Brown!

Pronouns: He/Him

Favourite Tarantino films? on 19:09 - Jul 30 with 2385 viewsRomeo4

Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favourites. Seen it so many times.

Honourable mentions for Kill Bill (both) and Django Unchained. Reservoir Dogs was so fresh and original at the time too. The man’s a genius.
Dogs, Fiction, Hollywood..... on 19:10 - Jul 30 with 2383 viewsBloots

....with an honourable mention to From Dusk till Dawn, appreciating that he wrote it rather than directed it.

Obvs Hollywood is improved massively by having the hottest bloke and bird on the planet in it.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Favourite Tarantino films? on 19:17 - Jul 30 with 2348 viewswitchdoctor

Favourite Tarantino films? on 18:55 - Jul 30 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, I enjoyed it the first time but it was even better second time around. Which isn’t true for films like the Hateful 8.

As you say, I’d put it up there in the pack behind Pulp Fiction. And Jackie Brown!

my top 2 also..👍…Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown that is
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 19:18]
Favourite Tarantino films? on 19:24 - Jul 30 with 2320 viewsWarkystache

Favourite Tarantino films? on 19:17 - Jul 30 by witchdoctor

my top 2 also..👍…Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown that is
[Post edited 30 Jul 2021 19:18]

Can I be controversial and suggest True Romance? Underrated film; funny, poignant at times and some cracking performances. I know Tony Scott directed but QT wrote it.

I also like Kill Bill both volumes. Great films.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite Tarantino films? on 19:37 - Jul 30 with 2285 viewsCoastalblue

Favourite Tarantino films? on 19:24 - Jul 30 by Warkystache

Can I be controversial and suggest True Romance? Underrated film; funny, poignant at times and some cracking performances. I know Tony Scott directed but QT wrote it.

All his films have great and memorable scenes in them but must confess, that scene between Hopper and Walken is incredible, two great actors delivering great dialogue and creating a great scene.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Favourite Tarantino films? on 20:06 - Jul 30 with 2250 viewsdavblue

Kill Bill vol 1 is the one I’ve enjoyed most, I have to say.
Favourite Tarantino films? on 21:03 - Jul 30 with 2195 viewsvapour_trail

I don’t think that’s controversial, True Romance is a wonderful film.

PF just shades it for me though.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 21:47 - Jul 30 with 2154 viewsFunge

That's not controversial; it's a magnificent movie.

The Dennis Hopper/ Christopher Walken scene is one of my favourite in any film.
Favourite Tarantino films? on 22:36 - Jul 30 with 2056 viewsghostofescobar

From Dusk Til Dawn (assuming we are including his writing credits). Bat sh1t bonkers, but marvellous fun.

GhostOfEscobar

Favourite Tarantino films? on 22:50 - Jul 30 with 2031 viewsPlums

Can you convince me to watch Pulp Fiction? I recall being very drunk and leaving the cinema after about 15 minutes thinking ‘this is just gratuitous violence’ and I’ve never bothered with it again. Why is it so highly revered?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 23:00 - Jul 30 with 2012 viewstheinbetweener

Django Unchained for me.
Favourite Tarantino films? on 23:05 - Jul 30 with 2006 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Deathproof

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 23:07 - Jul 30 with 2001 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Favourite Tarantino films? on 21:47 - Jul 30 by Funge

That's not controversial; it's a magnificent movie.

The Dennis Hopper/ Christopher Walken scene is one of my favourite in any film.

Agree. A fantastic scene.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 00:09 - Jul 31 with 1963 viewsMelford

Favourite Tarantino films? on 17:55 - Jul 30 by Illinoisblue

Pulp Fiction is pretty near perfect. Could watch that again and again. Big fan, too, of Inglorious Basterds

The Wolf

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 06:26 - Jul 31 with 1903 viewssolomon

Jackie brown for me. Still think that’s the best performance by SLJ in a Tarantino film.
Favourite Tarantino films? on 10:22 - Jul 31 with 1793 viewsStrimmer

Jackie Brown. Most of his more famous films suffer on rewatches for me because they feel a bit flash with the ‘Tarantino’ stuff eg set piece violence and deliberately eye catching dialogue, detract from the ‘film’ if that makes sense. Feel lopsided.

Jackie Brown: great performances, a real heart, and the big moments feel earned. Love love love it!

Poll: Was it a punch?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 14:12 - Jul 31 with 1699 viewsDarkHorse

Favourite Tarantino films? on 22:50 - Jul 30 by Plums

Can you convince me to watch Pulp Fiction? I recall being very drunk and leaving the cinema after about 15 minutes thinking ‘this is just gratuitous violence’ and I’ve never bothered with it again. Why is it so highly revered?

You must have lived a very sheltered life if you think Pulp Fiction is gratuitous violence.

Jackie Brown is the best, just ahead of PF and RD. Downhill ever since, although OUATIH was a definite return to form.
Favourite Tarantino films? on 15:35 - Aug 1 with 1583 viewsChrisd

I really enjoy all Tarantino’s films, I hadn’t watched Jackie Brown until more recently (not sure why?!), but that went straight to No.1 for me. Really slick with a clever storyline and like most of his films the soundtrack was terrific. A quick mention for The Hateful Eight too - long with lots of familiar faces, but I enjoyed that as well.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Favourite Tarantino films? on 19:40 - Aug 1 with 1481 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Favourite Tarantino films? on 18:45 - Jul 30 by Mullet

Reservoir Dogs
Inglorious Basterds
Pulp Fiction

Outside of that I’m not a fan of his stuff. Beyond having great music taste, the constant references and foot fetish wears a bit too much. I’ve not seen Hollywood yet so might give it a go.

True Romance is possibly the best thing he’s been involved in as far as I’m concerned.

I've never taken to inglorious and I haven't actually seen one upon time in Holywood yet which is shocking on my part.

All the others superb

I would say Pulp Fiction, Then the Kill Bill films which I think have to be taken together (I know a lot of people have them way down on the list but I'm big spaghetti western fan and a lot of inspiration for KB was drawn from the genre and I think its a great tribute to the era)

Jackie Brown is also chronically underrated, its absolutely menthol cool in tone, Pam Grier is superb.

Resovior Dogs is a great film that showed the possibilities for story telling on film.

The Hateful 8 is very good but went somewhat under the radar I thought.

And although, like True Romance, not pure Tarantino films I'd also say that the Grindhouse movies and Dusk Til Dawn are also top draw. Salma Hayek's contribution alone is enough to recommend the latter.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2021 19:43]

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Favourite Tarantino films? on 19:48 - Aug 1 with 1466 viewsbazza

Favourite Tarantino films? on 18:45 - Jul 30 by Mullet

Reservoir Dogs
Inglorious Basterds
Pulp Fiction

One of my all time favourite films that. What a cast .
Dogs, Fiction, Hollywood..... on 19:50 - Aug 1 with 1463 viewsbazza

Dogs, Fiction, Hollywood..... on 19:10 - Jul 30 by Bloots

....with an honourable mention to From Dusk till Dawn, appreciating that he wrote it rather than directed it.

Obvs Hollywood is improved massively by having the hottest bloke and bird on the planet in it.

Dusk till dawn. Quality twist to that film 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024