Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At times like this I like to ask.... 22:48 - Aug 17 with 2351 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....what would Mick do?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:53 - Aug 17 with 2325 views44_not_out

His team would score a 96th minute by the centre half, who just notched his second of the game (see Cardiff’s result tonight against Peterborough). It wasn’t pretty but a point away from home is a great result…… ah Mick, I miss you
At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:53 - Aug 17 with 2318 viewsMullet

Manage in the Championship.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:53 - Aug 17 with 2306 viewsSwansea_Blue

Tell us to 'f*** off'?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:54 - Aug 17 with 2273 viewspointofblue

For the most part, make us tough to beat - it wasn't pretty but we knew how to do the gritty stuff under Mick. Yes it didn't always go well (the death knell at home to Hull) but generally it worked.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:56 - Aug 17 with 2252 viewsCoastalblue

Mills?

He'll probably be on the radio Saturday, listen and I expect you'll find out.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:56 - Aug 17 with 2249 viewsArnieM

1up front

10 along the goal line.

HOOOOOOOOF

That’s what he’d do , home and away .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:59 - Aug 17 with 2218 views44_not_out

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:56 - Aug 17 by ArnieM

1up front

10 along the goal line.

HOOOOOOOOF

That’s what he’d do , home and away .

But the football in League One is better and there are new grounds to visit
At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:02 - Aug 17 with 2187 viewsBluefish

With this squad in this league?

Probably 100 points and 100 goals

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Login to get fewer ads

At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:07 - Aug 17 with 2144 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...walk out??

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:12 - Aug 17 with 2118 views44_not_out

At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:02 - Aug 17 by Bluefish

Probably not 100 goals. Probably about 40ish. Plenty of 1-0 wins with just 25% possession. We can only dream….

The football’s better now though
At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:34 - Aug 17 with 2042 viewsEnigma_Blue

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:53 - Aug 17 by Swansea_Blue

Tell us to 'f*** off'?

And quite right to when certain fans chose to shout vile abuse at him.
At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:39 - Aug 17 with 2007 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:59 - Aug 17 by 44_not_out

But the football in League One is better and there are new grounds to visit

That's BlueBodger's line.
At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:46 - Aug 17 with 1969 viewsParisBlue

Play 7 defensive players and also ask the front 3 to track back. Ideally a midfield 3 of Skuse, Hyam and Douglas especially if playing a team we should beat (see Rotherham March 2016 and yes, I should have let it go by now....i actually quite liked MM but he pushed it that day..)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

At times like this I like to ask.... on 00:22 - Aug 18 with 1914 viewsTangledupin_Blue

He would change things on the pitch earlier than 78th minute.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

At times like this I like to ask.... on 00:31 - Aug 18 with 1882 viewspointofblue

At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:46 - Aug 17 by ParisBlue

Play 7 defensive players and also ask the front 3 to track back. Ideally a midfield 3 of Skuse, Hyam and Douglas especially if playing a team we should beat (see Rotherham March 2016 and yes, I should have let it go by now....i actually quite liked MM but he pushed it that day..)

I raise you Rotherham 2016 and counter with Wimbledon, Northampton, Morecambe and Cheltenham 2021.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

At times like this I like to ask.... on 07:04 - Aug 18 with 1729 viewsipswichtillidie

We probably have the best manager in the league and most people acknowledge that as well outside the club. Couldn’t care less what Mick would have done. Couldn’t watch the drivel he shipped out anyway so wouldn’t have mattered to me. Cook will play an exciting entertaining brand of football, he’s just put a new squad together and will need and deserves time. Rome wasn’t built in a day. Certainly I think when we click it will be worth all this pain.

Gav

At times like this I like to ask.... on 07:08 - Aug 18 with 1718 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:02 - Aug 17 by Bluefish

I would take his man management and ability to sort out a defense all day long with this squad...heck he can even say sweary stuff at me if he wants to!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

At times like this I like to ask.... on 07:15 - Aug 18 with 1701 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

At times like this I like to ask.... on 07:18 - Aug 18 with 1681 viewsDurovigutum

At times like this I like to ask.... on 22:53 - Aug 17 by Swansea_Blue

Tell us to 'f*** off'?

He'd have a point.... Imagine being upset at an equaliser in a league derby game with Norwich this season.
At times like this I like to ask.... on 07:21 - Aug 18 with 1671 viewsRomeo4

Mick’s team would possibly still be in the lower regions of the Championship but would be playing in front of a pretty empty stadium. It was horrible to watch.

I quite liked the guy but this constant harking back to Mick Mc is so tedious. The club was on the slide and Mick merely served to slow down that decline. It papered over the cracks that have undoubtedly been exposed at the club since.

I’m much more enthused by the club now. Just hope that Cook can get a win on Saturday to get momentum heading in the right direction.
At times like this I like to ask.... on 07:28 - Aug 18 with 1644 viewsChurchman

At times like this I like to ask.... on 23:46 - Aug 17 by ParisBlue

That awful line up still sends shivers down my spine. It was awful.

I don’t like MM much and didn’t like the way his teams played, though it was necessary first couple of seasons. It was soul destroying. For MMs limitations are not disguised by his appalling predecessors or successors.

What is wrong with this club? Evans was the constant. He has now gone. I expect to see better from Cook’s team and soon.
At times like this I like to ask.... on 07:46 - Aug 18 with 1608 viewsWestcountryblue

Honest answer, he would have realised that the likes of Bonne and Pigott are strong enough to play it a little more direct (which is all that's required at this level to win games) and that there is enough quality following in the 2nd ball. Think there is a lot to also be said for sometimes accepting that a point on the road is isn't a bad thing and keeps you ticking over.

I'm desperate for Cook to succeed, but his unwavering faith in his system and unwillingness to adapt it to what other teams are doing in this division (pretty much letting us keep possession, while they wait to pick us off on a counter or with a set piece) won't work consistency at this level.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 7:47]
At times like this I like to ask.... on 10:50 - Aug 18 with 1467 viewsElderGrizzly

Play Donacien instead of KVY at RB to offer more defensive solidity and sacrifice attacking intent...
At times like this I like to ask.... on 11:12 - Aug 18 with 1411 viewsDarth_Koont

I’d say he’d tighten up in defence and give the team more of a platform.

Which to be fair is what Cook is doing, and would have had a head start on if Nsiala wasn’t injured before Edmundson was up to speed and Burgess was in the door.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024