Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid 19:25 - Feb 27 with 2263 viewsKeno

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60548685

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:27 - Feb 27 with 2224 viewsJ2BLUE

Not idea but with a leader like him who likes the anthem and the nationalist stuff it might make a small point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:29 - Feb 27 with 2193 viewsWD19

Stupid in the way most corrupt operations are stupid. Yes.
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:29 - Feb 27 with 2196 viewsblueasfook

Trust FIFA to come out with BS.

So I guess the teams who refuse to play them will forfeit and Russia will be awarded the points?

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:30 - Feb 27 with 2162 viewseireblue

Yes, FIFA are stupid.
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:33 - Feb 27 with 2115 viewsSwansea_Blue

No, it’s not just you. You’re both fkn stupid

All about the money innit. Playing Devil’s advocate, as with the Olympics, it’s not the footballers who are in the wrong, so there’s a certain logic in not penalising them. But then the ‘sanction’ becomes pretty much pointless. So yeah, FIFA aren’t reading the room very well here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:37 - Feb 27 with 2069 viewsScuzzer

Just chuck them out of all competitions.
Blinking idiotic decision.

Established 1968

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:43 - Feb 27 with 2037 viewsRadlett_blue

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:29 - Feb 27 by blueasfook

Trust FIFA to come out with BS.

So I guess the teams who refuse to play them will forfeit and Russia will be awarded the points?

That's when it gets more interesting, or sickening. Poland should still refuse to play them and hopefully Sweden & the Czech Republic will also refuse to play them. Let's then see if FIFA continue with their weak-kneed idiocy.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 20:05 - Feb 27 with 1946 viewsBlueBadger

Nah, there's a fair amount of corruption there, too.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 20:12 - Feb 27 with 1918 viewsbilllm

It's you Ken, joking FIFA have always been an organisation that can't make decisions and eventually when they do there crazy and wrong,
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 20:15 - Feb 27 with 1903 viewsbluelagos

Think you misspelt corrupt.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 21:17 - Feb 27 with 1773 viewsElderGrizzly

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 20:05 - Feb 27 by BlueBadger

Nah, there's a fair amount of corruption there, too.

Indeed.

A world cup that will be played in Qatar in less than a year. Tells you all you need to know really.
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 21:31 - Feb 27 with 1732 viewsbackwaywhen

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:43 - Feb 27 by Radlett_blue

That's when it gets more interesting, or sickening. Poland should still refuse to play them and hopefully Sweden & the Czech Republic will also refuse to play them. Let's then see if FIFA continue with their weak-kneed idiocy.

They are all refusing to play them whatever the name will be or whatever nutural country is chosen to host game ……. No No No I believe England has also taken this stance .
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 22:42 - Feb 27 with 1591 viewsChrisd

Would love to see all other countries take the same stance as the Poles, Czechs and Swedes regarding their refusal to play Russia or their diluted version which FIFA are proposing, their World Cup this winter will become a non event which would be hilarious.

Oh, in answer to you original question, yes, yes they are!
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 8:52]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 22:49 - Feb 27 with 1563 viewsClareBlue

If FIFA think there is any neutral venue that will take the match then they are even more deluded than we think they are.

The optics are important. No Team from Russia should be competing in any competition.

Not fair for the team members, but they'll live. Unlike the bombed families in Ukraine who won't.

This does matter to people in Ukraine and it is the least organisations can do.
FIFA are a truly dreadful organisation, rotten to the core and blinded by avarice with contempt for the norms that order our societies. They keep finding new ways to be even more contemptable. This just adds to the list.
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 23:48 - Feb 27 with 1458 viewsKropotkin123

Disgraceful, disgusting and toothless organisation.

Sounds like Czechia will refuse to play "Russia". Hopefully Poland will follow. I don't believe any European nation will agree to play them.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 00:58 - Feb 28 with 1418 viewspointofblue

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 23:48 - Feb 27 by Kropotkin123

Disgraceful, disgusting and toothless organisation.

Sounds like Czechia will refuse to play "Russia". Hopefully Poland will follow. I don't believe any European nation will agree to play them.

Poland have already followed - all three (potential) play off opponents have refused to play Russia, Sweden being the third.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 06:36 - Feb 28 with 1323 viewssolomon

Corrupt bunch of shady individuals whose actions now need to come under much closer scrutiny. This could be a another factor that ultimately ends in a boycott of Qatar, I for one will not object to this one bit, the whole FIFA set up has and always will stink.
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 07:39 - Feb 28 with 1242 viewsSawtrich

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 06:36 - Feb 28 by solomon

Corrupt bunch of shady individuals whose actions now need to come under much closer scrutiny. This could be a another factor that ultimately ends in a boycott of Qatar, I for one will not object to this one bit, the whole FIFA set up has and always will stink.

Absolutely. This is pathetic from FIFA. There should be a united front from all teams saying they will boycott any competition involving Russia in any form.
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 08:05 - Feb 28 with 1213 viewsSteve_M

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 19:43 - Feb 27 by Radlett_blue

Indeed. That sets up a knock on effect.

Also, one of the things about the players having increasing power here is that players are likely to be far more aware of popular sentiment than those who run Football Associations.

As for the proposed rebranding, it's like FIFA have looked at the Olympics farce and thought it was a good idea.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 08:55 - Feb 28 with 1140 viewsChrisd

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 08:05 - Feb 28 by Steve_M

Indeed. That sets up a knock on effect.

Also, one of the things about the players having increasing power here is that players are likely to be far more aware of popular sentiment than those who run Football Associations.

As for the proposed rebranding, it's like FIFA have looked at the Olympics farce and thought it was a good idea.

or they're so corrupt that they've got too many Russian rubles greasing their filthy, little palms and can't afford to rock the boat?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 15:27 - Feb 28 with 989 viewsKropotkin123

Update

Fifa is in advanced talks over the full suspension of Russia until further notice, according to BBC sports editor Dan Roan.

The global football governing body is understood to be working closely with its European counterpart Uefa and an announcement is expected later today.

It would mean Russia would not be able to play at the women's Euro 2022 in England in the summer and Poland will get a bye in the World Cup qualifier play-off next month - a match that Poland's FA has said it will boycott.

Iceland has also said it will refuse to play against Russia in June, and the International Olympic Committee has recommended that athletes from Russia and Belarus be banned from competitions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60542877?ns_mchannel=social&ns_so
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 15:28]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Changed their mind now on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 881 viewsGeoffSentence

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/60560567

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 18:54 - Feb 28 with 811 viewsSawtrich

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 15:27 - Feb 28 by Kropotkin123

Update

Fifa is in advanced talks over the full suspension of Russia until further notice, according to BBC sports editor Dan Roan.

The global football governing body is understood to be working closely with its European counterpart Uefa and an announcement is expected later today.

It would mean Russia would not be able to play at the women's Euro 2022 in England in the summer and Poland will get a bye in the World Cup qualifier play-off next month - a match that Poland's FA has said it will boycott.

Iceland has also said it will refuse to play against Russia in June, and the International Olympic Committee has recommended that athletes from Russia and Belarus be banned from competitions.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60542877?ns_mchannel=social&ns_so
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 15:28]

FIFA shamed into doing the right thing against their will.
It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 18:56 - Feb 28 with 804 viewsKeno

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 18:54 - Feb 28 by Sawtrich

It’s the power of TWTD again

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 20:36 - Feb 28 with 743 viewsvilanovablue

It is me or are FIFA just fecking stupid on 18:54 - Feb 28 by Sawtrich

Be nice if the IOC could choose to do similar.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2022 20:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024