Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Truss vs Sunak then 16:03 - Jul 20 with 3777 viewsSteve_M

And the loons will vote for Truss. Johnson might not end up the worst PM ever:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:12 - Jul 20 with 2326 viewsIllinoisblue

Might be similar to US, where not so long ago George Dubya Bush was considered a moron completely unfit for office. Fast forward and he looks quite the statesman now. I think it’s time to cull all politicians and be governed by algorithms. Can’t be any worse.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:14 - Jul 20 with 2318 viewsSwansea_Blue

He’ll probably retain the crown for worst. Truss will be thickest. What a time to be alive, etc..

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:14 - Jul 20 with 2314 viewsBonneNIL

Sunak is pretty terrible as well. Think about the man, stuck with Bojo until he saw a chance to steal the leadership and brought down the Government just to be PM. He's as much to blame for the mess as Johnson is, terrible Chancellor.

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:16 - Jul 20 with 2294 viewsgiant_stow

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:12 - Jul 20 by Illinoisblue

Might be similar to US, where not so long ago George Dubya Bush was considered a moron completely unfit for office. Fast forward and he looks quite the statesman now. I think it’s time to cull all politicians and be governed by algorithms. Can’t be any worse.

I think I'd rather a random lottery pick of members of parliament, with the only selection criteria being not wanting the job and not being educationally sub-normal.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:18 - Jul 20 with 2285 viewsGeoffSentence

For the short term good of the country - Sunak
For the long term good of the country, with a short term hit - Truss

edit:oops posted on wrong thread.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2022 16:19]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:24 - Jul 20 with 2248 viewsNthQldITFC

Truss is odds on and shortening.

The thing about Truss is that at first glance you think she's a complete moron, but when you hear from people who have actually had dealings with her, you get a pretty clear consensus that there's a bit of her missing.

Sunak is the (relatively) responsible choice, because although two years of Truss might wreck the Tories forever, there's probably too much risk involved.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:27 - Jul 20 with 2220 viewsNthQldITFC

Liz Truss has thanked Tory MPs for their support after she and Rishi Sunak made it through to the final two contenders vying to succeed Boris Johnson.

"Thank you for putting your trust in me," she says.

"I'm ready to hit the ground from day one."

I presume she means 'hit the ground running' although she may be anticipating falling flat on her face straight away?

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:29 - Jul 20 with 2199 viewsSTYG

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:27 - Jul 20 by NthQldITFC

Liz Truss has thanked Tory MPs for their support after she and Rishi Sunak made it through to the final two contenders vying to succeed Boris Johnson.

"Thank you for putting your trust in me," she says.

"I'm ready to hit the ground from day one."

I presume she means 'hit the ground running' although she may be anticipating falling flat on her face straight away?

There was a Tory last week that said they were going to level Stoke or somewhere when they presumably meant level up.

They also got their own name wrong on their statement.
Login to get fewer ads

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:30 - Jul 20 with 2199 viewsSteve_M

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:41 - Jul 20 with 2164 viewsGuthrum

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:24 - Jul 20 by NthQldITFC

The thing about Truss is that at first glance you think she's a complete moron, but when you hear from people who have actually had dealings with her, you get a pretty clear consensus that there's a bit of her missing.

Sunak is the (relatively) responsible choice, because although two years of Truss might wreck the Tories forever, there's probably too much risk involved.

Tugendhat might have deliberately started a war with Russia, but Truss stands a chance of doing it by accident.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:42 - Jul 20 with 2146 viewsXYZ

Looks like it will be Truss.

Labour couldn't have fixed it any better.

Dire for the UK short-term.
Truss vs Sunak then on 16:47 - Jul 20 with 2110 viewsKeno

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:16 - Jul 20 by giant_stow

I think I'd rather a random lottery pick of members of parliament, with the only selection criteria being not wanting the job and not being educationally sub-normal.

that rules out any Norwich fans then

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:54 - Jul 20 with 2083 viewsBlueBadger

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:14 - Jul 20 by Swansea_Blue

He’ll probably retain the crown for worst. Truss will be thickest. What a time to be alive, etc..

Yes, but Labour.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:01 - Jul 20 with 2025 viewsMookamoo

The best possible result for Labour. If they can't beat either of those two, they might as well just pack it in.

Mordant would have caused them far more problems.
Truss vs Sunak then on 17:13 - Jul 20 with 1979 viewsLord_Lucan

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:01 - Jul 20 by Mookamoo

The best possible result for Labour. If they can't beat either of those two, they might as well just pack it in.

Mordant would have caused them far more problems.

Any of the last eliminated three would have caused Labour more problems than than Truss or Sunak - and all of them would have beaten Truss or Sunak in a members vote.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:21 - Jul 20 with 1976 viewstextbackup

I care very little for politics, but would I be right in saying whoever got picked there would be a huge number of people anti them?

And has there ever been a prime minster that everyone liked?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:27 - Jul 20 with 1949 viewsMullet

It is astounding that these are the best they can offer isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:45 - Jul 20 with 1874 viewscatch74

Truss vs Sunak then on 16:24 - Jul 20 by NthQldITFC

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:55 - Jul 20 with 1844 viewsNthQldITFC

Although the membership might be ideologically aligned with Truss making her favourite at the moment, it's probably a good thing that they've got a month and a half before the vote. Plenty of time for her to inevitably fk it up and put off even the Conservative members!

Truss vs Sunak then on 18:25 - Jul 20 with 1763 viewsjas0999

These two make Johnson look average! At best. But still, could be worse than Johnson. Who would have thought?
Truss vs Sunak then on 18:35 - Jul 20 with 1751 viewsmylittletown

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:21 - Jul 20 by textbackup

I care very little for politics, but would I be right in saying whoever got picked there would be a huge number of people anti them?

And has there ever been a prime minster that everyone liked?

You can never tell for sure but I doubt it.

What you can tell for sure is that no party has ever won a popular mandate (+50% of the votes cast) since Baldwin's Tories in 1931.
That's the idiocy of first past the post.
Truss vs Sunak then on 18:38 - Jul 20 with 1740 viewsDubtractor

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Truss vs Sunak then on 18:51 - Jul 20 with 1700 viewsBlueBadger

Truss vs Sunak then on 17:27 - Jul 20 by Mullet

It is astounding that these are the best they can offer isn't it?

Not so much 'best' as 'least worst'.

Maybe.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:11 - Jul 20 with 1650 viewsVic

Me and Mrs V have been discussing this a lot. We both have a natural bias towards Sunak, but neither can really say why, apart from the fact that for some reason we find Truss annoying. Her looks, her voice, her hand gestures, etc all grate.

But none of those are good enough reasons to say she wouldn’t make a decent PM. So help me out - what is so wrong with her? Please give me facts and real life examples of where she’s failed and why she’d be such a bad choice. Policies and character, not just because she’s a Tory, etc!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:16 - Jul 20 with 1628 viewsDubtractor

Truss vs Sunak then on 19:11 - Jul 20 by Vic

Me and Mrs V have been discussing this a lot. We both have a natural bias towards Sunak, but neither can really say why, apart from the fact that for some reason we find Truss annoying. Her looks, her voice, her hand gestures, etc all grate.

But none of those are good enough reasons to say she wouldn’t make a decent PM. So help me out - what is so wrong with her? Please give me facts and real life examples of where she’s failed and why she’d be such a bad choice. Policies and character, not just because she’s a Tory, etc!

So I'm a 'never vote tory' type, and I think they were all dreadful, but Truss just screams incompetence. Every time you see her speak she struggles or sounds daft - there is a reason that she hasn't done a single interview yet as part of this leadership bid.

Plus the fact that she is pure political opportunist rings alarm bells - the avowed remainer who has now become an outspoken leaver because it is politically convenient to do so. She has no principles as far as I can see.

Whereas I'd disagree with what the likes of Sunak would do as leader, I'm genuinely scared by the mess that Truss might make of things.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024