Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official club podcast… 17:08 - Jul 6 with 2384 viewsSitfcB

Yet another one to join the podcast war.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2023 17:12]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Official club podcast… on 18:42 - Jul 6 with 2252 viewsIllinoisblue

Just what the world needs, another podcast! Call me old fashioned but I’d much rather read an old-school interview. Don’t need audio, or video. Just give me words to read and I’m good.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:43 - Jul 6 with 2244 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81

Official club podcast… on 19:01 - Jul 6 with 2202 viewsGuthrum

Official club podcast… on 18:42 - Jul 6 by Illinoisblue

Just what the world needs, another podcast! Call me old fashioned but I’d much rather read an old-school interview. Don’t need audio, or video. Just give me words to read and I’m good.

Very much with you on this.

I don't want to go to a news website and have some (often blaring) video autoplaying at me. Just require the text.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Official club podcast… on 19:11 - Jul 6 with 2177 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ditto. I'm a visual type of person. I don't mind a video interview or something written down. I struggle with podcasts and audiobooks. I suppose that's because I normally listen to them when I'm trying to do something else and I can't multitask.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Official club podcast… on 19:33 - Jul 6 with 2146 viewsFifeITFC

Official club podcast… on 19:11 - Jul 6 by Swansea_Blue

Ditto. I'm a visual type of person. I don't mind a video interview or something written down. I struggle with podcasts and audiobooks. I suppose that's because I normally listen to them when I'm trying to do something else and I can't multitask.

I've never been one for podcasts. I can't concentrate or get into them, I much read an article or a (short-ish) video. I find podcasts largely just waffle and I lose interest in that really quickly.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Official club podcast… on 19:39 - Jul 6 with 2137 viewsIllinoisblue

Official club podcast… on 19:01 - Jul 6 by Guthrum

Very much with you on this.

I don't want to go to a news website and have some (often blaring) video autoplaying at me. Just require the text.

Absolutely. And it’s especially true with football-related podcasts. I don’t want to look at people talking about football, I want to see the goals and the crowd and the colour.

There’s only two podcasts I can listen to: Desert Island Discs (mostly the stuff from the archives as Sue and Kirsty were much better hosts) and Price of Football.

62 - 78 - 81

Official club podcast… on 20:03 - Jul 6 with 2079 viewsCoastalblue

Wondered what he'd been up to since Breaking Bad.

Personally I love a podcast, have spent an awful lot of time driving over the last 2-3 years and they are perfect for that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Official club podcast… on 20:18 - Jul 6 with 2041 viewsSitfcB

Yeah I prefer to watch something rather than just listen. This will be available as a video on TownTV once launched.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

Official club podcast… on 20:21 - Jul 6 with 2030 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I’ve listened to a few podcasts (quite like a podcast) but I’ve come to the assumption that anything Ipswich Town that doesn’t have Stuart Watson then it probably won’t be worth listening to. That includes the KOA social
Official club podcast… on 22:16 - Jul 6 with 1843 viewsBigCommon

It's an official club podcast. They wont be warring with anyone. If anything it will provide more content for other podcasts to chat about, with staff and player interviews, etc.. One thing that most pod casts can't have, are regular, close up interviews with current players. Which is what a lot of fans want to hear. I assume well be getting that sort of content, judging by the first one..?
Quite enjoyed the chat with Taylor. He gives the impression that he really wants to be here and do well for the team, in a genuine way.
Don't mind an audio podcast, tbf. I can be getting something done, whilst it's on in the background.
Official club podcast… on 23:48 - Jul 6 with 1746 viewsKropotkin123

Urgh, I hate reading. I read you first sentence and gave up after that! ...

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Official club podcast… on 07:14 - Jul 7 with 1634 viewsDJR

Official club podcast… on 20:03 - Jul 6 by Coastalblue

Wondered what he'd been up to since Breaking Bad.

Personally I love a podcast, have spent an awful lot of time driving over the last 2-3 years and they are perfect for that.

I agree with you about driving, given that when I tend to listen to podcasts in other situations I tend to drop off to sleep.

When it comes to podcasts and the like about Ipswich, my preference would be for the independence of Blue Monday, KOA and Life's a Pitch, rather than the rather corporate output of the club itself. Indeed, in the main, I am not interested in what players have to say. And when it comes to, say, Ashton, a short, written summary is all I need.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 7:36]
Official club podcast… on 07:49 - Jul 7 with 1578 viewsNutkins_Return

This thread is tremendous moan fest haha. The fantastic news is nobody who doesn't like a podcast needs to listen to said podcast. It's there if you want it but if you like to read the information inevitably it will also come in that format via Phil and any number of other journo who will take the hard work of listening out of it for you and present some of the sound bites in word no doubt.

Everyone is a winner!!!

(I didn't bother with podcasts that much but they are great for listening to at the gym or doing jobs round house etc. The tractor social podcast is a good listen actually. I get it on BBC sounds).
Official club podcast… on 08:16 - Jul 7 with 1529 viewsChurchman

I’m fine with it. I like all media really - written, visual or audio. The amount and variety of coverage is extraordinary compared to say 20 years ago and I pick and choose when time allows. All good.

I think it right that the club has its own podcast and have listened to most of the first one. It was ok and will hopefully evolve. I hope it focuses on a variety of things in and around the club.
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:21 - Jul 7 with 1522 viewsBiGDonnie

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:43 - Jul 6 by Illinoisblue

This is ironic given your previous post
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 8:33]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Official club podcast… on 08:23 - Jul 7 with 1516 viewsyorkshireblue

Official club podcast… on 22:16 - Jul 6 by BigCommon

It's an official club podcast. They wont be warring with anyone. If anything it will provide more content for other podcasts to chat about, with staff and player interviews, etc.. One thing that most pod casts can't have, are regular, close up interviews with current players. Which is what a lot of fans want to hear. I assume well be getting that sort of content, judging by the first one..?
Quite enjoyed the chat with Taylor. He gives the impression that he really wants to be here and do well for the team, in a genuine way.
Don't mind an audio podcast, tbf. I can be getting something done, whilst it's on in the background.

Yeah I agree on both froents.

Really liked the Taylor interview, nice to hear something beyond "massive club, pleased to be here" soundbites you usually get with new signings no matter where they sign.

And pleased to have another Town podcast outthere that hopefully won't embaress the fan base by engaging in a willy waving competiton every week.
Official club podcast… on 08:29 - Jul 7 with 1513 viewsitfcjoe

Definitely old fashioned - I consume most of my media by podcast now and have for some time.....although that probably makes me old fashioned as don't watch anything on YouTube (which is probably also old fashioned these days!)

Seemed a nice slick production, is obviously going to be puff piece for the club at times - felt like a bit of a podcast of the matchday programme where you find out a bit more in depth about the players etc - worth a listen, won't change the world

Not as good as Blue Monday obv.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Official club podcast… on 13:04 - Jul 7 with 1339 viewsFBI

Will give it a look. I'd been wondering, apropos of nothing, how much of a battering KOA have taken since the paywall; can't imagine this will do other than make it worse.

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

Official club podcast… on 13:38 - Jul 7 with 1292 viewsPlums

Official club podcast… on 07:14 - Jul 7 by DJR

I agree with you about driving, given that when I tend to listen to podcasts in other situations I tend to drop off to sleep.

When it comes to podcasts and the like about Ipswich, my preference would be for the independence of Blue Monday, KOA and Life's a Pitch, rather than the rather corporate output of the club itself. Indeed, in the main, I am not interested in what players have to say. And when it comes to, say, Ashton, a short, written summary is all I need.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 7:36]

The old maxim about capitalism taking your culture and selling it back to you springs to mind!

I also like the independence of the pods you've mentioned and fear that now this one is out, the others will be forced into referencing its content rather than sourcing their own. As a result, a hierarchy of information and opinion will come into play. The frequency of output will be crucial to how it affects the existing fan pods.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 13:48]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Official club podcast… on 13:42 - Jul 7 with 1281 viewsthe_toff

It's OK but it's got nothing on that bloke with his mute girlfriend in the hats.
Official club podcast… on 13:49 - Jul 7 with 1259 viewsitfcjoe

Official club podcast… on 13:38 - Jul 7 by Plums

The old maxim about capitalism taking your culture and selling it back to you springs to mind!

I also like the independence of the pods you've mentioned and fear that now this one is out, the others will be forced into referencing its content rather than sourcing their own. As a result, a hierarchy of information and opinion will come into play. The frequency of output will be crucial to how it affects the existing fan pods.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 13:48]

This one is twice a month, so not really much to worry about - sure will be a couple of tidbits each time but not much more than that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Official club podcast… on 13:53 - Jul 7 with 1242 viewsJ2BLUE

Same. I will listen to this one but would prefer to read it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"It has its place and was a mixed bag" thoughts on the Official Podcas on 14:12 - Jul 7 with 1202 viewsunstableblue

Had a listen to the full first episode.

It's definitely a "club PR and official channel" output which makes it a little limited, as everything is going to be rosey and there's potential for little insight. But I think it has its place.

I thought Ashton gave us a few nuggets, but our CEO needs to watch overexposure - OTIB will have a field day.

I thought McKenna wasn't that engaged, and was going through the motions, with messaging I think we've heard already this pre-season.

I thought Morsy was interesting in part - listen to his tier 2 podcast for the real Sam. Taylor was probably the most interesting as I think the interviewer was going off piste a bit.

Club shop interview was good, as another angle to the club.

Overall I'll be listening... but I think Blue Monday and KOA needn't worry about this 'competitor' as its a different offering, and I think the Official Podcast and TownTV need to think about how they develop messaging and stories that don't fall into football 'going through the motions' speak.. and repetition of 'massive club in waiting, great history, reconnecting with the community' overload. Not that these aren't great messages.

I think Town TV will get a massive boost with the Bremen/Leipzig friendlies - I'd pay a fair whack for that alone.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024