Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme 11:33 - Aug 31 with 2630 viewsKeno

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/great-british-national-volunteering-scheme-0655

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 11:52 - Aug 31 with 2195 viewsMattinLondon

Considering how many Tories bang on about King and country why can’t they get off their arses and volunteer instead.
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 12:20 - Aug 31 with 2144 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Its designed to win votes of the same voters that voted for Boris to 'Get Brexit Done'
It'll never happen.....until war is imminent.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 12:38 - Aug 31 with 2092 viewsArnieM

I’d be in favour for 2 yrs national service. It’d teach a lot of these street gang kids done true discipline, and respect. They think they’re hard. They’re not. Who knows they might even discover a trade / skills they didn’t know they had snd done select respect. The youth of today is bored, rudderless, and frankly scared.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 12:40 - Aug 31 with 2076 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 12:38 - Aug 31 by ArnieM

I’d be in favour for 2 yrs national service. It’d teach a lot of these street gang kids done true discipline, and respect. They think they’re hard. They’re not. Who knows they might even discover a trade / skills they didn’t know they had snd done select respect. The youth of today is bored, rudderless, and frankly scared.

Yeah, teach them how to shoot a gun and engage in unarmed combat.
Then come out and reflect on how 'old blighty aint what it was' and rage against "Immagrunts", with their ex army mates.

That'll fix all our problems.

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 12:41 - Aug 31 with 2067 viewsPlums

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 12:20 - Aug 31 by Cheltenham_Blue

Its designed to win votes of the same voters that voted for Boris to 'Get Brexit Done'
It'll never happen.....until war is imminent.

There is nobody under 80 who did National Service. It's a weird type of person who wants to volunteer other people's kids for things they never experienced themselves.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:02 - Aug 31 with 2021 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 12:41 - Aug 31 by Plums

There is nobody under 80 who did National Service. It's a weird type of person who wants to volunteer other people's kids for things they never experienced themselves.

Yeah, but it was a golden time wasn't it, when their Dads did 18 months at Aldershot, and they were free to smash milk bottles on the local Bomb Site.

What a time!

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:11 - Aug 31 with 1993 viewsSwansea_Blue

This always get wheeled out when they're desperate. What they'd really like is for us to go full North Korea. We're moving in that direction (although a LONG way to go, thankfully).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:21 - Aug 31 with 1976 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Is that to go with the Food and Fuel rationing coupons we will all be using if this shower are re-elected?

As long as they keep our Allies alongside when it all, inevitably, kicks off in the Suez, we will be fine.

There's a cake competition on the Village Green at 3pm! Hurrah for the Tories!
Login to get fewer ads

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:23 - Aug 31 with 1969 viewsMullet

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 12:38 - Aug 31 by ArnieM

It's almost like we could put all those benefits as outcomes into a country properly funding the education and social care systems instead isn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:24 - Aug 31 with 1959 viewsKievthegreat

Are those the lessons you learned from your national service?
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:28 - Aug 31 with 1929 viewschicoazul

….said everyone over the age of 40 for the last 100 years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:51 - Aug 31 with 1874 viewsPlums

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:28 - Aug 31 by chicoazul

….said everyone over the age of 40 for the last 100 years.

Longer than that. The heroes of the Somme and other butchery were considered a feckless generation by their elders.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:58 - Aug 31 with 1838 viewsBluefields

My children, 19 & 21, arent bored, rudderless or scared and neither are their friends.
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 16:31 - Aug 31 with 1694 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 13:58 - Aug 31 by Bluefields

My children, 19 & 21, arent bored, rudderless or scared and neither are their friends.

To put it politely, the other Arnie, who I am sometimes confused with, don't know fck about fck.
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 16:46 - Aug 31 with 1664 viewsJ2BLUE

Did you do national service? I suspect not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:25 - Aug 31 with 1602 viewsjontysnut

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 16:46 - Aug 31 by J2BLUE

Did you do national service? I suspect not.

The people who did talk about how much skiving, fiddling, nicking, drinking and womanising they did if the many memoirs of showbiz stars I've read are to be believed. Where can I sign up?

Get Some In!
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:31 - Aug 31 with 1583 viewsbrogansnose

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:25 - Aug 31 by jontysnut

The people who did talk about how much skiving, fiddling, nicking, drinking and womanising they did if the many memoirs of showbiz stars I've read are to be believed. Where can I sign up?

Get Some In!

I used to work with a bloke who did NS and he said exactly the same. All it did was teach him to skive , shirk and fiddle.
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:34 - Aug 31 with 1569 viewsHARRY10

Just what the country needs, a massive pool of unpaid workers to fill in the every growing gaps being left by government.

As with the Tory's previous nonsense - the National Citizens Service, launched by David Cameron. Heard of it ? No. Another failed rightie attempt to cajole the lower orders into unpaid works. Workfare, never ever got off the ground. Even the much acclaimed 'Pick for Britain 'died on it's arz a few weeks after it's launch

Kids scared ? Too right, as the hope to have the life their grandparents has , even their parents had seems impossible now for many. Owning the property you live in, affording Uni, or even getting an apprenticeship ?

Little chance

It will be renting at extortionate cost and a zero hours contract.... if you are lucky.

What this grossly offensive idea does is to try and shift the blame on youngsters. If your prospects look bleak, it is not because those who had it better are screwing you over, it's because you have not volunteered.

A latter day Arbeit Mach Frei
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:41 - Aug 31 with 1542 viewsMullet

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:31 - Aug 31 by brogansnose

I used to work with a bloke who did NS and he said exactly the same. All it did was teach him to skive , shirk and fiddle.

I never knew Jacob Rees Mogg did NS.

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:46 - Aug 31 with 1517 viewsfactual_blue

I wouldn't be surprised to find a causal link between National Service in the '50s and the rise of brutal armed robberies in the '60s.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:49 - Aug 31 with 1514 viewsfactual_blue

Wasn't this The Big Society a few years ago?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:51 - Aug 31 with 1501 viewsbrogansnose

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:41 - Aug 31 by Mullet

I never knew Jacob Rees Mogg did NS.

Claims that I worked alongside or with JRM will be met with the full force of my legal team so please desist.

Apart from that, your post about properly funding education from an early age and on-going is correct. This trumped up Scouts / service thing comes up every time a Tory administration is on the slide.
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:57 - Aug 31 with 1475 viewsMullet

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:51 - Aug 31 by brogansnose

Claims that I worked alongside or with JRM will be met with the full force of my legal team so please desist.

Apart from that, your post about properly funding education from an early age and on-going is correct. This trumped up Scouts / service thing comes up every time a Tory administration is on the slide.

It was meant as a comment on his character not your employment history old boy!

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:59 - Aug 31 with 1466 viewsbrogansnose

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:57 - Aug 31 by Mullet

It was meant as a comment on his character not your employment history old boy!

That's reassuring especially as I've got Bully on speed dial, when he's not at a Bournmouth home game.

Doubtless I'll see you and Snr up North shortly.
Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 18:09 - Aug 31 with 1432 viewsMullet

Penny Mourdant wants to bring back a National Service Scheme on 17:59 - Aug 31 by brogansnose

That's reassuring especially as I've got Bully on speed dial, when he's not at a Bournmouth home game.

Doubtless I'll see you and Snr up North shortly.

Hopefully mate, it's been too long

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024