Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evan's. Just not up for it. 16:23 - Sep 30 with 3426 viewsScuzzer

Now gone down. Needs to be taken off.

Established 1968

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 16:24 - Sep 30 with 2895 viewsFrimleyBlue

It was quite surprising he got the nod.. defo a KM mistake that. But I'm sure even he didn't expect it to be that bad a move.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 16:29 - Sep 30 with 2821 viewsredrickstuhaart

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 16:24 - Sep 30 by FrimleyBlue

It was quite surprising he got the nod.. defo a KM mistake that. But I'm sure even he didn't expect it to be that bad a move.

Not sure its a mistake. Taylor would not have fared better physically against this. And thats where we are falling down.
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 16:34 - Sep 30 with 2744 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 16:29 - Sep 30 by redrickstuhaart

Not sure its a mistake. Taylor would not have fared better physically against this. And thats where we are falling down.

Too much panicking and lumping it forward resulting in Huddersfield recycling the ball.

Need more calmness and possession. Fair play to Darren Moore he’s set their game plan up perfectly
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 16:35 - Sep 30 with 2717 viewspointofblue

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 16:34 - Sep 30 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Too much panicking and lumping it forward resulting in Huddersfield recycling the ball.

Need more calmness and possession. Fair play to Darren Moore he’s set their game plan up perfectly

Have we beaten a Darren Moore team to date?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:16 - Sep 30 with 2592 viewsBondiBlue

Think the problem was mckenna didn't know what they were going to do and they overloaded our right side. Evans just proved what we all knew unfortunately - good passer but not enough mobility. With 20/20 hindsight ball would have been a good shout to start but it would have looked like a very defensive choice.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:31 - Sep 30 with 2502 viewsRyorry

Was surprised he was made captain. Thought the armband would go to Woolfy or Burgess.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:33 - Sep 30 with 2473 viewsmrfixit426

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:31 - Sep 30 by Ryorry

Was surprised he was made captain. Thought the armband would go to Woolfy or Burgess.

Even though he's the vice captain?
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:34 - Sep 30 with 2454 viewsVic

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 16:29 - Sep 30 by redrickstuhaart

McKenna just explained that Taylor suffered cramp on Tuesday so to start today would have been a little risk. Evans has been playing in that position anyway so it made sense to continue with that and not risk Taylor.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:35 - Sep 30 with 2453 viewsRyorry

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:33 - Sep 30 by mrfixit426

Even though he's the vice captain?

I actually didn't know that

But I'm surprised he is tbh.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:45 - Sep 30 with 2404 viewsburnbudgiesburn

I thought Evans was 100% the right call pre-match tbh based on the fact we needed to allow Luongo to play his normal game.

But it seems obvious now we need someone in that deeper role who consistently takes the ball off the goalkeeper in tight areas and holds the ball whilst moving through the pitch.

Unlike Evans who just doesn't do that. It wasn't until Luongo took the Morsy role that things clicked for us.
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:48 - Sep 30 with 2368 viewsLord_Lucan

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:45 - Sep 30 by burnbudgiesburn

I thought Evans was 100% the right call pre-match tbh based on the fact we needed to allow Luongo to play his normal game.

But it seems obvious now we need someone in that deeper role who consistently takes the ball off the goalkeeper in tight areas and holds the ball whilst moving through the pitch.

Unlike Evans who just doesn't do that. It wasn't until Luongo took the Morsy role that things clicked for us.

I would have thought we would have played Taylor, at least he has something about him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:49 - Sep 30 with 2371 viewsHarryMunk

We really missed SM today.

Evans is bang average at best.
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:49 - Sep 30 with 2368 viewsmrfixit426

Totally agree with this. Was happy with Evans in the side, but we moved up a gear when Massimo dropped in. He ran the game for the last 20 mins.
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 18:11 - Sep 30 with 2229 viewscbower

This is spot on. When Hladky had the ball, Evans was offering himself but he did not want it really. His instinct was to give it straight back, he was far too square on and not receiving the ball on the half turn like Morsy. Evans is a decent squad player now, an option from the bench to see out a game. Harness actually looked far more useful in the centre tbh.

bluescouser

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 18:23 - Sep 30 with 2150 viewsBloomBlue

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:49 - Sep 30 by HarryMunk

I think we missed Broady today more than Morsy. When games have been tight Broady has that ability to keep finding space. That draws in opposition players towards him, often 2 or 3 players, which frees up space for the other players. A Broady in that team today I think would help the midfield by giving them more options.
Hutchinson had a good gane but Broady at the moment has that natural ability to find space.
As I've said on another post I can see KM trying Broady & Hutch in a game soon and possibly giving Chaplin a rest
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 18:30 - Sep 30 with 2118 viewspositivity

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 17:34 - Sep 30 by Vic

McKenna just explained that Taylor suffered cramp on Tuesday so to start today would have been a little risk. Evans has been playing in that position anyway so it made sense to continue with that and not risk Taylor.

with neither of them playing much, whoever started would have struggled (especially evans being out for so long then playing the full 90 on tuesday).

wouldn't write anyone off for a below par performance against tough opposition

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 18:31 - Sep 30 with 2117 viewsnoggin

FFS.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 19:56 - Sep 30 with 1903 viewsHarryMunk

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 18:23 - Sep 30 by BloomBlue

I think we missed Broady today more than Morsy. When games have been tight Broady has that ability to keep finding space. That draws in opposition players towards him, often 2 or 3 players, which frees up space for the other players. A Broady in that team today I think would help the midfield by giving them more options.
Hutchinson had a good gane but Broady at the moment has that natural ability to find space.
As I've said on another post I can see KM trying Broady & Hutch in a game soon and possibly giving Chaplin a rest

Agreed.

Broadhead is class.
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 1896 viewsHarryMunk

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 18:31 - Sep 30 by noggin

FFS.

What's up pumpkin?

It's called an opinion - this is a forum

Play nicely x
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 19:57 - Sep 30 with 1892 viewsNthQldITFC

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 18:11 - Sep 30 by cbower

This is spot on. When Hladky had the ball, Evans was offering himself but he did not want it really. His instinct was to give it straight back, he was far too square on and not receiving the ball on the half turn like Morsy. Evans is a decent squad player now, an option from the bench to see out a game. Harness actually looked far more useful in the centre tbh.

I totally agree with that too. Luongo can do that role and it's one of the most critical positions for how we play. Both he and Morsy have the control, awareness, bravery, calmness, low centre of balance and upper body strength to take the ball there and hold or turn or distribute and draw the opposition midfielders in. Harness would be too risky there for me, and Ball probably not creative enough.

Luongo in the Morsy role with either Taylor or Harness in the Luongo role would have been my choice, either that or slightly different game-plan for when Morsy is missing, with two deeper midfielders to take the ball, a slightly deeper ten and narrower wide forwards. With the starting players today, when the keeper's got the ball:

-------------------Hladky
-----Wolf-------------------------Burg
Clarke ---Evans-------Luongo
------------------Chaplin-------------Davis
------Burns------------------Hutch
-------------------Hirst
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 8:47]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 08:24 - Oct 1 with 1658 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I don't know why this has got so many downarrows, seems a reasonable opinion to me.

I thought Evans was average before yesterday and yesterday did nothing to change that view. And we certainly missed Morsy.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 11:11 - Oct 1 with 1506 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 08:24 - Oct 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't know why this has got so many downarrows, seems a reasonable opinion to me.

I thought Evans was average before yesterday and yesterday did nothing to change that view. And we certainly missed Morsy.

He’s a very decent passer of the ball, but just not dynamic enough for the way we play. Both Morsy and Luongo, can do everything- win the ball, pick it up from the defenders, and drive forward in the opposition half.

Obviously McKenna was very keen on Taylor given two attempts to sign him, be interesting to see if he can play that role too.
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 11:14 - Oct 1 with 1492 viewsFrimleyBlue

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 08:24 - Oct 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Felt Evans was worse than he's ever been for town yesterday. Slow. Couldn't pass. Went long and failed at that too. He was imo actually useless yesterday

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 12:09 - Oct 1 with 1450 viewsfranz_tyson

I was surprised that McK went for Evans. Just think he's too sluggish and I would have thought Taylor would bring that bit more energy to the midfield. And also Taylor is more match-ready than Evans and has the platform of being the match-winner from last Tuesday. Just thought it a bit odd. Maybe Taylor isn't an identical fit for Morsy, but I'm not sure Evans is, too.
I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to bring in Taylor. In a next cab on the rank sort of way... but who knows .... its not all on Evans.... I think we were a little under-par all over the field... and Huddersfield were no mugs. And we could still have won it with a bit of luck.
Evan's. Just not up for it. on 12:25 - Oct 1 with 1432 viewspositivity

Evan's. Just not up for it. on 12:09 - Oct 1 by franz_tyson

I was surprised that McK went for Evans. Just think he's too sluggish and I would have thought Taylor would bring that bit more energy to the midfield. And also Taylor is more match-ready than Evans and has the platform of being the match-winner from last Tuesday. Just thought it a bit odd. Maybe Taylor isn't an identical fit for Morsy, but I'm not sure Evans is, too.
I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to bring in Taylor. In a next cab on the rank sort of way... but who knows .... its not all on Evans.... I think we were a little under-par all over the field... and Huddersfield were no mugs. And we could still have won it with a bit of luck.

mckenna explained this in his presser, taylor wasn't fully fit, so evans got the nod. either player would've been a risk playing 2 games close together after a while off.

wouldnn't write evans off yet, but i'd say he's 4th choice at the moment if all are fully fit. he'll still have a role to play especially seeing games out.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024