Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes 19:32 - Nov 25 with 5856 viewsWallingford_Boy

Just no depth.

Which is fine, we’re punching. But time to invest.

Yeah it’s Wally Boy, troll. Etc.. the bullies will downvote, but.. it’s true.

RIP Sir Bobby

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 19:36 - Nov 25 with 4330 viewsBlueBadger

I hope you've invested in some top quality hand cream for the really big vvank you've obviously been gearing up to all match.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 19:40 - Nov 25 with 4273 viewsNutkins_Return

Haha, it's not true though is it. Jacksin has done well just about every game he's played.

Hutchinson was ill tonight. We've got good players like Humphreys, Edmundson, Aluko, Baggott etc who can't make a squad. We're 7 points clear of 3rd in the championship and it's what our 2nd or 3rd loss in a year.

You utter melt.

A top 10 most embarrassing post I've read in the last year.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 19:41]
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 19:42 - Nov 25 with 4252 viewsstrikalite

Hutchinson was a huge miss because he would have been on in the second half, his pace given their high line would have given us a lot more..
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 20:23 - Nov 25 with 4140 viewscressi

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 19:40 - Nov 25 by Nutkins_Return

Haha, it's not true though is it. Jacksin has done well just about every game he's played.

Hutchinson was ill tonight. We've got good players like Humphreys, Edmundson, Aluko, Baggott etc who can't make a squad. We're 7 points clear of 3rd in the championship and it's what our 2nd or 3rd loss in a year.

You utter melt.

A top 10 most embarrassing post I've read in the last year.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2023 19:41]

Yea that ball that hit Jacksons knee ant out for a goal kick was comedy gold pure comedy.
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 20:35 - Nov 25 with 4082 viewsMetal_Hacker

Absolute waste of bandwidth as ever

Poll: If it were one or the other

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 20:58 - Nov 25 with 4010 viewsNutkins_Return

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 20:23 - Nov 25 by cressi

Yea that ball that hit Jacksons knee ant out for a goal kick was comedy gold pure comedy.

Yes, one unfortunate Ricochet outweighs everything else this year.
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:05 - Nov 25 with 3979 viewspointofblue

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 20:23 - Nov 25 by cressi

Jackson was hardly the only one to make an error. Everyone had a miserable night and didn't do themselves justice. And I include Williams in that, who others are praising, as he had a knack of putting the ball out under no pressure.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:09 - Nov 25 with 3957 viewsNeedhamChris

I don't think this is as unfair a position as the responses are suggesting. Ladapo in particular I just don't see as a top 10 Championship striker and it is an example of where we're in need of additional depth.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Login to get fewer ads

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:09 - Nov 25 with 3960 viewsMK1

Another silly post. Going to get these I guess. Look at the table. The squad and backroom team got us there. All of them.
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:12 - Nov 25 with 3930 viewsNeedhamChris

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:09 - Nov 25 by MK1

Another silly post. Going to get these I guess. Look at the table. The squad and backroom team got us there. All of them.

When you said a RW and CF would be looked at in January - who did you envisage them replacing?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:17 - Nov 25 with 3900 viewsbilllm

I know what you mean,
I said to my daughter that's sign we've given up on this game,
That was a ship window job for January,
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:33 - Nov 25 with 3845 viewsNutkins_Return

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:09 - Nov 25 by NeedhamChris

I don't think this is as unfair a position as the responses are suggesting. Ladapo in particular I just don't see as a top 10 Championship striker and it is an example of where we're in need of additional depth.

Yes but I don't think a think anyone is saying we shouldn't look to strengthen and improve. But the evidence is there for all to see that we have good squad depth.

Throughout this season these same players have been coming on/starting and contributing to our outstanding start. Losing one game and then saying "speaks volumes" is ridiculous.

If a player was available who is better than any one of our players then we'll look to do that business. I won't forget what these boys have offered and rewrite history.
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 22:57 - Nov 25 with 3705 viewsreusersfreekicks

Below par Frimley codswallop
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:11 - Nov 26 with 3621 viewspointofblue

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:33 - Nov 25 by Nutkins_Return

Yes but I don't think a think anyone is saying we shouldn't look to strengthen and improve. But the evidence is there for all to see that we have good squad depth.

Throughout this season these same players have been coming on/starting and contributing to our outstanding start. Losing one game and then saying "speaks volumes" is ridiculous.

If a player was available who is better than any one of our players then we'll look to do that business. I won't forget what these boys have offered and rewrite history.

Though we say we have good squad depth but after the poor performance today what changes would you make to freshen things up? Luongo for Taylor, possibly. Tunazebe for one of the centre backs, yes. After that, we basically had our strongest XI on the pitch already. I can't see anyone else's place being under threat.

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:18 - Nov 26 with 3594 viewsWallingford_Boy

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 19:36 - Nov 25 by BlueBadger

I hope you've invested in some top quality hand cream for the really big vvank you've obviously been gearing up to all match.

I rest my case your honour

RIP Sir Bobby

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:24 - Nov 26 with 3569 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:11 - Nov 26 by pointofblue

Though we say we have good squad depth but after the poor performance today what changes would you make to freshen things up? Luongo for Taylor, possibly. Tunazebe for one of the centre backs, yes. After that, we basically had our strongest XI on the pitch already. I can't see anyone else's place being under threat.

Hutchinson is a superior player to Burns and will get starts over him for sure. Obviously so impactful off the bench though.
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:24 - Nov 26 with 3562 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:18 - Nov 26 by Wallingford_Boy

I rest my case your honour

It's a bit odd wally

Most of the forum moan when Jackson is picked
Majority of forum want an alternative to hirst
Large parts of the forum want new additions.

Yet you're erm trolling for saying we don't have depth in the squad.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:31 - Nov 26 with 3554 viewspointofblue

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:24 - Nov 26 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Hutchinson is a superior player to Burns and will get starts over him for sure. Obviously so impactful off the bench though.

I think Burns, when at his best, has a better understanding on how to operate defensively than Hutchinson, though the latter is getting there. And, as you say, Hutchinson is such an impact player from the bench.

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:37 - Nov 26 with 3544 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 00:31 - Nov 26 by pointofblue

I think Burns, when at his best, has a better understanding on how to operate defensively than Hutchinson, though the latter is getting there. And, as you say, Hutchinson is such an impact player from the bench.

Noting against Burns but simply put, he’s a more skillful and talented player, gives defenders much more to think about IMO. Can really cut inside as well. Great outlet off the bench but should certainly be in the starting conversation. I’m fine with some rotation based opponent and fitness levels.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 0:38]
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 06:31 - Nov 26 with 3349 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ironic as Town ‘invested’ in both of them - and over 30 other players in the last 3 seasons.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 09:27 - Nov 26 with 3121 viewsVaughan8

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 21:33 - Nov 25 by Nutkins_Return

Some people have been waiting for a loss to just say this.

Lapapo came on vs Cardiff. Two goals

Harness v Birmingham 2 goals

They can't do it every game. Yesterday we could barely pass it.
Broadhead had a bad game, is he suddenly cr@p too?

Just best to ignore people who are waiting for this.

Also people saying we need to replace these players. Its most likely to cost the best part of £15m to replace say Jackson, Harness and Ladapo with upgrades, maybe more. Some people seem to think we're man City and can just splash cash haha
Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 09:34 - Nov 26 with 3098 viewstextbackup

Neither added anything, or were likely to.

But because you’ve called that out you’ll be seen as a ‘flouncer’ or whatever.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 09:41 - Nov 26 with 3065 viewstextbackup

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 09:27 - Nov 26 by Vaughan8

Also people saying we need to replace these players. Its most likely to cost the best part of £15m to replace say Jackson, Harness and Ladapo with upgrades, maybe more. Some people seem to think we're man City and can just splash cash haha

Are you suggesting jackson, ladapo, harness are worth £14m between them?

Because that’s, rather incredible, if you are.

I’m not sure jackson and ladapo would fetch £2m between them. Maybe even £1.3!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 09:46 - Nov 26 with 3036 viewsHerbivore

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 09:27 - Nov 26 by Vaughan8

Think we've had the most goals scored by substitutes in the league this season, so the idea we don't have players coming off the bench who can contribute is ridiculous. I'd like us to add some more quality in January for sure, it'll give us a much needed boost, but almost everyone in the squad has contributed well at different times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 10:15 - Nov 26 with 2988 viewsVaughan8

Bringing on Jacko and Ladapo speaks volumes on 09:41 - Nov 26 by textbackup

Are you suggesting jackson, ladapo, harness are worth £14m between them?

Because that’s, rather incredible, if you are.

I’m not sure jackson and ladapo would fetch £2m between them. Maybe even £1.3!

Nope. Maybe rather than being on your high horse you actually read.

I'm suggesting to replace them.with better (especially in the January transfer window) you'd have to spend about £5m on each for a permanent signing anyway.

I doubt we will do that.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2023 10:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024