Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job 16:14 - Dec 18 with 5360 viewsIllinoisblue

Interesting one. Wonder if he feels he’s taken Plymouth as far as he can. If he does go: unsettled dressing room + our need for a striker = SIGN WHITTAKER

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 16:17 - Dec 18 with 4715 viewsTractorCam

That's only slighty less weird than Alex Neil leaving Sunderland for them. Sure it will be a pay increase, but seems odd given he has a happy camp at Plymouth.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 16:18 - Dec 18 with 4700 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I would stay at Plymouth, I have feeling Stoke will go the way of Reading whereas Plymouth can grow at this level still, and he will be a hero for it, whereas he won't be at Stoke in 8 months time.
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 16:20 - Dec 18 with 4657 views_clive_baker_

Cashing his chips while his stock is high I imagine, as Ryan Lowe did. Plymouth's wage bill is pittance compared to Stoke, in that respect it's a big step up. Bigger salary, Bigger club, bigger ground. Downside is you have to work in Stoke.
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 16:56 - Dec 18 with 4491 viewsIllinoisblue

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 16:20 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

Cashing his chips while his stock is high I imagine, as Ryan Lowe did. Plymouth's wage bill is pittance compared to Stoke, in that respect it's a big step up. Bigger salary, Bigger club, bigger ground. Downside is you have to work in Stoke.

He’s a scouser so gets him a little closer to home and will have a lot less overly long coach journeys. Saw on Twitter mention of 5x wages so would imagine very hard to turn that down.

Anyway, let’s go get Whittaker.

62 - 78 - 81

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 16:59 - Dec 18 with 4455 viewsMullet

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 16:56 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

He’s a scouser so gets him a little closer to home and will have a lot less overly long coach journeys. Saw on Twitter mention of 5x wages so would imagine very hard to turn that down.

Anyway, let’s go get Whittaker.

Whittaker is a winger not a 9 so don't think he fits our needs.

I'm enjoying this mild peril around managers unsettling clubs now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 17:05 - Dec 18 with 4394 viewsITFC_Forever

Seems an odd one.

No-one seems to be able to make any progress with Stoke.

Appreciate he might be cashing in while his stock is high and it’s closer to his Merseyside home, but I’d have thought he’d back himself to get offers from a more attractive job than Stoke?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 17:13 - Dec 18 with 4337 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’m sure if he departs, PASOTI will decide it’s Ipswich’s fault somehow!

Whittaker is a winger/no 10, and would be north of 10m - not gonna happen.
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 17:54 - Dec 18 with 4173 viewsIllinoisblue

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 16:59 - Dec 18 by Mullet

Whittaker is a winger not a 9 so don't think he fits our needs.

I'm enjoying this mild peril around managers unsettling clubs now.

Speaking of; Sunderland fan reaction to their new manager is less than positive to put it mildly.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 18:05 - Dec 18 with 4104 views_clive_baker_

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 17:54 - Dec 18 by Illinoisblue

Speaking of; Sunderland fan reaction to their new manager is less than positive to put it mildly.

I'm not sure how I would feel about it as a Sunderland fan, seems a bit of a wildcard but might pay off. Did well at QPR, albeit only for about 20 minutes before he bounced after giving it the big un about loyalty. Then at Rangers, only lasted 10 months before he was fired. Beat the pub teams but ultimately never won anything when they faced anyone half decent.

Really hard to tell how well he'll do.
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 18:07 - Dec 18 with 4081 viewsSitfcB

When J Percy reports it it’s done.

Annoying we play them very soon, as he knows all about us.

Funny club, Stoke, no one seems to last, will have to have a good start.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 18:19 - Dec 18 with 4000 viewsExiled2Surrey

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 18:07 - Dec 18 by SitfcB

Got to think that Schumachers secret sauce was in their drilled in patterns of play (plus a bit of Whittaker magic) - Plymouth were always better than the sum of their parts - but that was not an overnight transition. The optimist in me thinks that Stoke are going to get worse before they get better, and that we get to go to Plymouth post Schumacher is also a good thing.
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 18:52 - Dec 18 with 3858 viewsEastTownBlue

Stoke seemed to be quite fancied to do well earlier this season due to the number of signings they made. He could do well there.
Arf....! on 19:27 - Dec 18 with 3723 viewsBloots

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and tremendously exquisite.

Oh they'll go down if so!! Let's get to Whitaker before Stoke? (n/t) on 19:39 - Dec 18 with 3627 viewsunstableblue

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 22:03 - Dec 18 with 3259 viewsElderGrizzly

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 18:07 - Dec 18 by SitfcB

He might know all about us, but he’ll have a squad who don’t currently suit his style of play.

To me, that’s a great time to play them
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 22:25 - Dec 18 with 3125 viewsBigCommon

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 22:03 - Dec 18 by ElderGrizzly

He might know all about us, but he’ll have a squad who don’t currently suit his style of play.

To me, that’s a great time to play them

Exactly this..... And he had a group of honest players that put in a shift for him at Plymouth..
Might take a while for that to translate, with a new group.
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 23:14 - Dec 18 with 2952 viewspointofblue

If Plymouth are patient they might be able to re-hire Lowe without having to pay Preston a compensation package. Three wins in 15 - I imagine his seat is hotting up.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 00:16 - Dec 19 with 2845 viewsExiled2Surrey

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 23:14 - Dec 18 by pointofblue

If Plymouth are patient they might be able to re-hire Lowe without having to pay Preston a compensation package. Three wins in 15 - I imagine his seat is hotting up.

But can Lowe do it without Schumacher? Where have we heard that before....
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 09:54 - Dec 19 with 2449 viewstractordownsouth

I think Mowbray would be a good fit to replace Schumacher.

https://jacobpowley.substack.com/p/why-plymouth-argyle-should-appoint

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 09:58 - Dec 19 with 2424 viewssoupytwist

Outstanding home record at Plymouth - that's because unless you're Exeter or to a lesser extent one of the Bristol sides, it's flippin' long journey to get there!
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 09:59 - Dec 19 with 2419 viewstractorboy1978

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 09:54 - Dec 19 by tractordownsouth

I think Mowbray would be a good fit to replace Schumacher.

https://jacobpowley.substack.com/p/why-plymouth-argyle-should-appoint

I doubt Mowbray would have any interest in it to be honest as he wouldn't want to uproot or be away from his family. They are a club that really suffer re Geography.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 10:00]
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 10:03 - Dec 19 with 2370 viewsKieran_Knows

Mumba and Whittaker to Stoke in January then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 12:19 - Dec 19 with 2182 viewstractordownsouth

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 09:59 - Dec 19 by tractorboy1978

I doubt Mowbray would have any interest in it to be honest as he wouldn't want to uproot or be away from his family. They are a club that really suffer re Geography.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 10:00]

That's a fair point and probably the biggest hurdle for Plymouth to get past if they wanted him.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 15:07 - Dec 19 with 1954 viewsChurchman

Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 17:05 - Dec 18 by ITFC_Forever

Seems an odd one.

No-one seems to be able to make any progress with Stoke.

Appreciate he might be cashing in while his stock is high and it’s closer to his Merseyside home, but I’d have thought he’d back himself to get offers from a more attractive job than Stoke?

With Coates’ almost unlimited betting money (aside from FFP) and potential for decent crowds, there is far more potential for Schumacher at Stoke than Plymouth. That’s aside from any domestic considerations.

But I agree, I’m a bit surprised he didn’t wait for a better job than Stoke given the great job he’s done at Plymouth. As has been pointed out, despite their wealth Stoke has become a bit of a managers’ graveyard since the Pulis era.
Plymouth manager looking likely to leave for Stoke job on 17:02 - Dec 19 with 1760 viewsdirtyboy

Steve Cooper now gone.

Forest looking at Nunez.

Each passing manager that goes just feels like a chain reaction that might involve us at some point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024