Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. 14:29 - Jun 2 with 5089 viewsLord_Lucan

The World Cup betting odds are mad.

Brazil are not a great team and are favourites, Argentina are poor and are 9/1

Mexico have a good team and are, wait for it........................100/1

WTF????

That has to be worth a nifty each way.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:32 - Jun 2 with 4189 viewsJ2BLUE

I think their odds are like that because people assume they will finish second behind Germany if they qualify and will likely face Brazil in the second round. Then one of Belgium/England/Colombia/Poland in the quarters. That's just to get to the semis.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:39 - Jun 2 with 4157 viewsOldsmoker

I thought a quick "nifty" was a knee trembler with the missus behind the bins at Tescos.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:42 - Jun 2 with 4138 viewstractordownsouth

I quite like the Mexicans. Fun fact: They've been knocked out in the last 16 every tournament since 1990. If anything, I think that this year is a good shot for them to finish top of the group - Germany are without their previous experienced heads of Lahm, Klose, Schweinsteiger, who were mainstays in the previous tournaments. Still think they'll come second behind the Germans though

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:44 - Jun 2 with 4128 viewsfarkenhell

Don't waste your money Lucan. Lump it all on France.
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:47 - Jun 2 with 4113 viewstractordownsouth

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:44 - Jun 2 by farkenhell

I reckon it's Spain's year. Zidane is rumoured to be lined up for the France job after the tournament.

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:50 - Jun 2 with 4095 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

Bet365 50/1 Hazard top scorer. That's proper decent odds

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:55 - Jun 2 with 4065 viewsSuperblue95

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 14:44 - Jun 2 by farkenhell

Based purely on the squad it'd be difficult to argue with that. But on the basis that the French love to shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to tournaments and apparently a lot of the squad don't like the manager, I'd be very surprised if they won it. Could be 2010 for them all over again

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 15:00 - Jun 2 with 4052 viewsjaykay

i don't think F.I.F.A. have decided who's going to be the finalists ,yet alone the winners.
so keep your money in your pockets

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 15:10 - Jun 2 with 4020 viewsStokieBlue

What are you basing Brazil aren't a great team on?

Every podcast I've listened to seems to think they are the best team and far better than 4 years ago.

Always hard to look past the Germans though.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 15:22 - Jun 2 with 3964 viewsPinewoodblue

Suspect their are problems in the France camp, hence Zidane making himself available for appointment once France fly home with their tail between their legs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 15:24 - Jun 2 with 3956 viewsBluesquid

Saudi Arabia 11/1 top 2 group finish.

A draw (or better) against a poor and overrated Russian team.

A win against Egypt who could be missing Salah.

Could be enough for a shock top 2 finish imo.

Got to be worth a fiver!
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 15:25 - Jun 2 with 3955 viewsSporall

I would like to think this is a really open world cup, even more so with it being held in Europe. Just a shame my team didn't qualify 😭
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 15:31 - Jun 2 with 3927 viewsm14_blue

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 15:00 - Jun 2 by jaykay

i don't think F.I.F.A. have decided who's going to be the finalists ,yet alone the winners.
so keep your money in your pockets

Can we have a sweepstake on how many penalties Russia get?

I'll go 3.
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 16:38 - Jun 2 with 3825 viewsLord_Lucan

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 15:10 - Jun 2 by StokieBlue

What are you basing Brazil aren't a great team on?

Every podcast I've listened to seems to think they are the best team and far better than 4 years ago.

Always hard to look past the Germans though.

SB

I thought Neymar was injured but I just googled it and it looks like he isn't.

I was basing it on that, I think they are a different team without him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 16:49 - Jun 2 with 3769 viewsBlue_Order

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 16:38 - Jun 2 by Lord_Lucan

I thought Neymar was injured but I just googled it and it looks like he isn't.

I was basing it on that, I think they are a different team without him.

I used to listen to the World Football Phone In when I worked nights, and Tim Vickery reckoned a big reason Neymar went to PSG (aside from the €€€€€€, obv) was so he’d be extra fresh for the World Cup. He was able to cruise through most league games there with 60-70% effort.

Makes sense that he’s now wanting out and back to Spain after the WC.
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 16:54 - Jun 2 with 3750 viewstractordownsouth

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 16:49 - Jun 2 by Blue_Order

I used to listen to the World Football Phone In when I worked nights, and Tim Vickery reckoned a big reason Neymar went to PSG (aside from the €€€€€€, obv) was so he’d be extra fresh for the World Cup. He was able to cruise through most league games there with 60-70% effort.

Makes sense that he’s now wanting out and back to Spain after the WC.

I heard that it was because he wanted to go to Real Madrid but couldn't do it directly from Barcelona and wanted to wait for Ronaldo to leave, ensuring that he could be the main man.

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 17:02 - Jun 2 with 3725 viewsBlue_Order

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 16:54 - Jun 2 by tractordownsouth

I heard that it was because he wanted to go to Real Madrid but couldn't do it directly from Barcelona and wanted to wait for Ronaldo to leave, ensuring that he could be the main man.

Aye, that makes sense too.
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 17:16 - Jun 2 with 3690 viewsCurrie10

125-1 with Spread Ex and for a reason - they are bang bloody average.

Playing for 2nd and Sweden / South Korea Not convinced they'll qualify.
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 17:29 - Jun 2 with 3672 viewsJohnny_Boy

Spain or France. Lump on.
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 13:26 - Jun 6 with 3267 viewsBourbonBlue

I have written a blog about World Cup trends to help my betting thoughts as I am slightly obsessed - obviously all bets at your own risk. But might be helpful to help other Blues to make their decisions.

All the thinking based on trends rather than analysis of teams/form/formations

No team has repeated as World Champions since 1962 and 3 or the last 4 winners have gone out in the group stage - so not Germany

http://worldcupthinking.blogspot.com/2018/06/taking-l.html?spref=tw

Only 2 of the last 9 Favourites have gone on to win - so not likely to be Brazil
Recent winners never outside 8-1 - that leaves you with France and Spain.

http://worldcupthinking.blogspot.com/2018/05/red-hot-favourite.html?spref=tw

I fancy Spain

But I think there is good value in picking a surprise quarter finalist that seems to happen at every tournament

http://worldcupthinking.blogspot.com/2018/04/quarter-final-analysis.html

Hope you enjoy it.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2018 13:26]
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 13:34 - Jun 6 with 3227 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Skybet are money back as a free bet if you don’t win on the World Cup outright

William Hill are £5 free bet every time your team wins a match. Also £5 back every time your top goal scorer player scores a goal in that outright market.

All three offers £10 max

I’ve done the two outright tenners on Brazil and my top scorer tenner is on Griezmann at 9/1

Poland to win both halves at 7/1 against Senegal is the bet of the tournament in my opinion. Value.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 13:35 - Jun 6 with 3221 viewsSuperfrans

Football betting is always so much better than betting on horses, dogs etc. The bookies really don't understand it anywhere near as well.

I've put a fiver on Belgium at 10-1 which are also decent odds.

Given that Italy and Netherlands aren't there - plus European World Cups tend to be won by a European team, World Cups in the Americas won by a team from there...

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 13:38 - Jun 6 with 3211 viewsDanFord

Argentina only just qualified for the World Cup and finished below Colombia and Uruguay and struggled against the likes of Ecuador, Bolivia and Venezuala. Exactly why are they going to be brilliant all of a sudden?

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 13:51 - Jun 6 with 3182 viewsBourbonBlue

Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 13:38 - Jun 6 by DanFord

Argentina only just qualified for the World Cup and finished below Colombia and Uruguay and struggled against the likes of Ecuador, Bolivia and Venezuala. Exactly why are they going to be brilliant all of a sudden?

Agree. I can see them going out in the 2nd round. Peru worth a bet at 9-1 to make the quarter finals at 9-1.
Now as you may or may not know, I'm not a betting man. BUT. on 13:54 - Jun 6 with 3175 viewsTIB

Fancy Cavani for Golden Boot at 33/1 +...suspect he could get a few in the group and then beat Portugal in round after.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024