Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107981 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 14:08 - Aug 5 with 9097 viewseireblue

I liked TLA's posts.
Always a nice chap.

Sending positive vibes to him and the family.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 14:14 - Aug 5 with 9093 viewspowinswitch

Sending best wishes for a speedy and long term recovery. Hopefully he can lead the team out as mascot at Wembley when we go up via the play offs.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 14:17 - Aug 5 with 9095 viewsNewcyBlue

I let Rommy know, he asked me to post the following.

‘TLA was as kind a poster via PM as he was in the couple of times we met up. He was always so good to me. A very kind and warm-hearted individual. My thoughts are with him today and I pray he pulls through. Stay strong. George (Rommy)’

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 14:22 - Aug 5 with 9072 viewsSpruceMoose

Always comes across as one of the really good guys. Thinking of you bud.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 14:23 - Aug 5 with 9073 viewsKeno

Hope he gets better soon

one of the saner more sensible posters

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 15:25 - Aug 5 with 9002 viewsnorth_stand77

So sorry to hear TLA is so poorly, best wishes to him for a speedy recovery.
Also to you Lisa as it must be a very difficult time for you and your family.

Get well soon and come back on the site so we can carry on reading your enjoyable posts - as soon as possible.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:35 - Aug 5 with 8952 viewsBluebell

So sorry to hear the terrible news.

I have enjoyed his posts and, as others have said, he never had a bad word to say about anyone or anything.

Get well soon TLA. We need you posting again soon!
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:48 - Aug 5 with 8936 viewsfloridablue

I'm with you all in wishing for a recovery. Enjoyed reading his posts comments.
Login to get fewer ads

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:21 - Aug 5 with 8903 viewsMullet

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:42 - Aug 5 by PaganBlue

Hi folks, Lisa, Oz (TLA)'s wife here. Really appreciate all the messages - will go and read them out to him in a minute. For all of those saying he's been kind, supportive and seems like a really good bloke you're completely right - what you see is completely what you get! I know I'm biased, but he is an absolute inspiration of a man. He's been my best friend and hero for 26 years, and from the amount of well wishes and visitors he's had suggests he means a lot to everyone.

He's currently stable but highly critical. They think it's a liver problem which caused huge internal bleeding. They're unable to investigate the cause at the moment as their main concern is keeping him alive.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. He's completely sedated but we were able to bring a radio in to his room yesterday to listen to the game. I was with him when we scored after 5 mins and had to apologise to the nurse for shouting so loudly!

My sincerest best wishes, that sounds truly awful.

I wish him the fullest of recoveries and good news asap.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:49 - Aug 5 with 8847 viewsGlasgowBlue

Absolutely devastated to hear this. He really is one of the good guys on here. We were recently conversing via PM about doing a half marathon together and I hadn't realised his health had deteriorated recently.

Hope you get better mate. Thinking of you.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:54 - Aug 5 with 8841 viewschristiand

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:42 - Aug 5 by PaganBlue

Hi folks, Lisa, Oz (TLA)'s wife here. Really appreciate all the messages - will go and read them out to him in a minute. For all of those saying he's been kind, supportive and seems like a really good bloke you're completely right - what you see is completely what you get! I know I'm biased, but he is an absolute inspiration of a man. He's been my best friend and hero for 26 years, and from the amount of well wishes and visitors he's had suggests he means a lot to everyone.

He's currently stable but highly critical. They think it's a liver problem which caused huge internal bleeding. They're unable to investigate the cause at the moment as their main concern is keeping him alive.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. He's completely sedated but we were able to bring a radio in to his room yesterday to listen to the game. I was with him when we scored after 5 mins and had to apologise to the nurse for shouting so loudly!

Sending positive thoughts to you all at this difficult time. Got everything crossed that TLA pulls through and makes a full and speedy recovery!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 17:57 - Aug 5 with 8834 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Sorry to hear this. Hope he pulls through!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 18:32 - Aug 5 with 8792 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Very sorry to hear this.
Always comes across as a real gentleman.
Hang in there fellow blue.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 18:52 - Aug 5 with 8761 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

I don’t know TLA personally, but wishing you make a full recovery. Best wishes
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 20:02 - Aug 5 with 8707 viewsSteve_M

That's a dreadful post to read this evening, and even more so for you to have to write.

My very best wishes to Oz and Lisa at this terrible time and I sincerely hope that the NHS does what it can do so well.

I've had a couple of conversations with TLA on here, we were going to meet for a beer at The Oval last Summer but the weather was atrocious so he didn't make it up. I very much hope to do that at some point in the future.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 20:04 - Aug 5 with 8701 viewsGuthrum

Very sad to hear. Wishing TLA a swift recovery and encouragement for his family.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 20:26 - Aug 5 with 8680 viewsSwailsey

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 20:02 - Aug 5 by Steve_M

That's a dreadful post to read this evening, and even more so for you to have to write.

My very best wishes to Oz and Lisa at this terrible time and I sincerely hope that the NHS does what it can do so well.

I've had a couple of conversations with TLA on here, we were going to meet for a beer at The Oval last Summer but the weather was atrocious so he didn't make it up. I very much hope to do that at some point in the future.

I think a few will want to join you!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 21:12 - Aug 5 with 8620 viewsjaykay

TLA hope you pull through this and back on the mend soon. thoughts are with your family

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 22:40 - Aug 5 with 8564 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Hope you make a speedy recovery, TLA.

Thoughts are with you and Mrs. TLA and other family and friends.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 23:01 - Aug 5 with 8537 viewsPaganBlue

It's been lovely to read all your messages on here, and I read them out to Oz this afternoon, just to remind him what a popular b'stard he is! He's still in pretty much the same condition - critical but stable - but he's receiving really good care and seems to be holding his own.

It's crazy how quickly life can turn upside-down - we spent last weekend in Ipswich (we live in the badlands), went to the Wham game, met the lovely chrisswailes for a pint and everything was fine. We had no idea he had any liver problems until Wednesday when this all started.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks again for all the messages - between chrisswailes and I we'll keep you updated.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 23:07 - Aug 5 with 8508 viewsconnorscontract

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 23:01 - Aug 5 by PaganBlue

It's been lovely to read all your messages on here, and I read them out to Oz this afternoon, just to remind him what a popular b'stard he is! He's still in pretty much the same condition - critical but stable - but he's receiving really good care and seems to be holding his own.

It's crazy how quickly life can turn upside-down - we spent last weekend in Ipswich (we live in the badlands), went to the Wham game, met the lovely chrisswailes for a pint and everything was fine. We had no idea he had any liver problems until Wednesday when this all started.

Anyway, enough rambling. Thanks again for all the messages - between chrisswailes and I we'll keep you updated.

I'd like to add my best wishes to everyone else's. Hope he keeps on fighting and the Doctors get some insight quickly to begin the path to recovery.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 23:17 - Aug 5 with 8484 viewsEireannach_gorm

Hopefully it has been caught in time. Keep us posted.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 23:56 - Aug 5 with 8464 viewsFreddies_Ears

Thinking of you both. Oz is a genuine, compassionate, intelligent guy, with a real gift for communicating his passions for Town, but especially around issues of mental health. He has so much more to give, and there are so many people who will benefit from his wisdom and determination.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 00:58 - Aug 6 with 8426 viewshoppy

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 23:56 - Aug 5 by Freddies_Ears

Thinking of you both. Oz is a genuine, compassionate, intelligent guy, with a real gift for communicating his passions for Town, but especially around issues of mental health. He has so much more to give, and there are so many people who will benefit from his wisdom and determination.

Absolutely spot on.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 02:18 - Aug 6 with 8395 viewsitfctim

Can only echo the sentiments expressed on here. Thinking of your family, and wishing TLA a speedy and full recovery.x
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024