Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap 18:46 - Aug 23 with 6209 viewsSitfcB

...and they reckon it won’t mean a price increase on stuff?

Surely it would. Things that are 49p, 99p etc will all rise by a penny!

And what the f’ck would happen with all the arcades on the seafronts, can’t scrap them they are English tradition!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45269390

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 20:06 - Aug 23 with 2846 viewshoppy

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 19:58 - Aug 23 by wkj

They'll make you suck off a penny and spit it back into the pump

Keno would be spilling over every time if they brought in the penny suck back rule...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 20:06 - Aug 23 with 2846 viewsSuperblue95

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 19:57 - Aug 23 by FifeITFC

So what's going to happen when you're filling up your car and, like it usually does, clicks over to £30.01 etc? Saves finding that loose bit of change when the cashier makes no indication not to worry about the penny.

You'll be charged the extra penny if you pay by card though

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 20:10 - Aug 23 with 2837 viewshoppy

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 19:50 - Aug 23 by TractorWood

I put everything on card so it makes no difference to me. I've had the same single tenner in my wallet for about 2 months.

But if the price goes up, you’ll also be paying more even if you use a card, so of course it makes a difference.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 20:25 - Aug 23 with 2823 viewswkj

Again, I feel i need to point out that price points ending in 5 and 0 are much more common now already.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 20:31]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 20:30 - Aug 23 with 2815 viewsjeera

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 19:50 - Aug 23 by TractorWood

I put everything on card so it makes no difference to me. I've had the same single tenner in my wallet for about 2 months.

Well that just sounds like a waste.

Feel free to post it on with any others you aren't using.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 20:40 - Aug 23 with 2797 viewsstonojnr

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 19:52 - Aug 23 by Ryorry

Said exactly that the last time this discussion came round on here - obviously the BOE wasn't reading, doesn't care, or both!

They were but they got frightened off by bad headlines in the press so quietly put the idea on hold.

The point is it costs more to make those coins than they are worth,and no one spends them anymore you can't buy anything for 1p/2p, 2/3rds of them are sat in jars doing nothing not even donated to charity, and who in any case just donates a collection of 1p/2ps to a charity

We got rid of the ha'penny the world didn't end we can scrap 1p & 2p and not even notice it
So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 21:06 - Aug 23 with 2778 viewsjeera

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 20:40 - Aug 23 by stonojnr

They were but they got frightened off by bad headlines in the press so quietly put the idea on hold.

The point is it costs more to make those coins than they are worth,and no one spends them anymore you can't buy anything for 1p/2p, 2/3rds of them are sat in jars doing nothing not even donated to charity, and who in any case just donates a collection of 1p/2ps to a charity

We got rid of the ha'penny the world didn't end we can scrap 1p & 2p and not even notice it

But they don't need to make any more. There#'s loads already.

I've got bags of the things for a start.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 21:10 - Aug 23 with 2775 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 19:46 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

Buy 5 1p sweets.

Consumerism gone mad!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Login to get fewer ads

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 22:07 - Aug 23 with 2750 viewsThe_Last_Baron

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 18:51 - Aug 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Digital money......what could possibly go wrong!

Once the Government can freeze you finances at the flick of a switch people will soon regret favouring plastic over cash.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 23:28 - Aug 23 with 2711 viewsSarge

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 19:57 - Aug 23 by FifeITFC

So what's going to happen when you're filling up your car and, like it usually does, clicks over to £30.01 etc? Saves finding that loose bit of change when the cashier makes no indication not to worry about the penny.

Paying for petrol with cash?? A cashier?? Sometimes I challenge myself to get the amount on the nose but then think why bother as I don’t carry cash and there’s no cashier to show off my achievement to.
So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 01:23 - Aug 24 with 2670 viewsFifeITFC

Is that alongside the condom that should have been used by 2004?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 07:18 - Aug 24 with 2629 viewsStokieBlue

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 18:51 - Aug 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Digital money......what could possibly go wrong!

In what way now is your money not digital? Unless you keep everything under the bed it is digital.

All digital would surely make it much harder to hide income from taxation?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 07:27 - Aug 24 with 2628 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 07:18 - Aug 24 by StokieBlue

In what way now is your money not digital? Unless you keep everything under the bed it is digital.

All digital would surely make it much harder to hide income from taxation?

SB

Anybody, who has the choice, without access to at least a month or twos cash has too much faith in increasingly fragile systems ! The Emperor has no clothes.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

on 09:30 - Aug 24 with 2591 views_

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 09:35 - Aug 24 with 2587 viewsITFC_Forever

I would suggest the number of people paying for fuel by cash is very low - a lot lower than for other product categories.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 09:41 - Aug 24 with 2580 viewshype313

on 09:30 - Aug 24 by _

Take them to one of those machines at supermarkets.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

on 09:57 - Aug 24 with 2570 views_

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 09:41 - Aug 24 by hype313

Take them to one of those machines at supermarkets.

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 10:37 - Aug 24 with 2555 viewsNo9

It will increase prices to the consumer, history show that.
So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 10:39 - Aug 24 with 2548 viewsjjblue84

Charlie Mannings issue profit warning.....
So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 11:14 - Aug 24 with 2519 viewsJ2BLUE

on 09:57 - Aug 24 by _

When I worked at Travelex I used to get people coming in with loads of them wanting me to change them up for them. I never did because we had no weighing machine and all coins had to be physically counted. Lots of people used to get stroppy and ask what to do and then react like i'd slapped them when I suggested they count them themselves and take them to a bank.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 11:22 - Aug 24 with 2514 viewsTractorWood

Paying for petrol with cash? Madness.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 12:10 - Aug 24 with 2478 viewsStokieBlue

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 07:27 - Aug 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Anybody, who has the choice, without access to at least a month or twos cash has too much faith in increasingly fragile systems ! The Emperor has no clothes.

That's lovely slavester.

Doesn't answer anything I asked though :).

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 12:14 - Aug 24 with 2475 viewsFrimleyBlue

That's not fair, what happens to all the good luck people pick up?!!!!!

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 12:15 - Aug 24 with 2474 viewsElephantintheRoom

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 19:46 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

Buy 5 1p sweets.

When the farthing was withdrawn Blackjacks and fruit salads which were priced at one farthing were sold two for a halfpenny and four for a penny. I suspect some similarly deep economic thinking will be put to work

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 12:50 - Aug 24 with 2459 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

So the Bank of England have given the go ahead for 1p’s and 2p’s to be scrap on 18:56 - Aug 23 by itfcjoe

If it is like Australia things still stay at that price (e.g. 99p) but when you come to the check out things round up or down to the nearest 5p.

So if you spend £3.98 you lose 2p, but of it is £4.02 you gain 2p as get charged £4 either way

I BET ITS £4.05
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024