Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... 07:19 - Aug 28 with 5581 viewschristiand

How come a former League 1 side can afford to spend £7m on a very promising player and our owner seems to be bickering - for weeks - over paying an extra £200K for a player? Daft really, but just highlights what PH is working with regarding the austerity created by ME at our club. No wonder we are going nowhere fast!

[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 7:21]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:23 - Aug 28 with 4804 viewsCurrie10

What PH is working with....

Try what Mick worked with!

Hurst has been given a relative warchest - our most spending on fees since Jewell Keane Magilton.

I'll no doubt get the wages loan fees etc however when Mings went for example, Mick didn't get anything like this.

Jesus wept. Hurst has been backed rather well.
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:27 - Aug 28 with 4775 viewsgroovyASH

Why waste time comparing? We know what ME is like, he's the most predictable chairman in the football league (that is both a blessing and a curse)

Poll: Will you renew your season ticket when Evans does the annual end of season beg?

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:27 - Aug 28 with 4772 viewschristiand

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:23 - Aug 28 by Currie10

Hurst has been given a relative warchest - our most spending on fees since Jewell Keane Magilton.

I'll no doubt get the wages loan fees etc however when Mings went for example, Mick didn't get anything like this.

He hasn't. PH has been asked to generate a war chest from selling the club's better players and still ME has a £4m profit from those deals and that's now generating interest while it sits in the bank. ME hasn't actually offered any additional financial support regarding getting transfers over the line.

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:31 - Aug 28 with 4761 viewsKieran_Knows

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:23 - Aug 28 by Currie10

What are you on about? Hurst has had to generate his own transfer fees by selling off probably our 3 best players.

MM sold Mings for £8m and spent it on a load of dross.

Put it whichever way you want, Hurst has decided to spend money on lower league players, whilst Mick spent the money on wages for ex Prem/experienced Championship players. This whole notion that Mick wasn’t backed like Hurst has been, is a load of tosh.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:38 - Aug 28 with 4725 viewschristiand

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:27 - Aug 28 by groovyASH

Why waste time comparing? We know what ME is like, he's the most predictable chairman in the football league (that is both a blessing and a curse)

I know GroovyAsh, I was thinking the same while I typed this thread, but I just get so frustrated at times, especially when I read Blackburn Rovers are splashing out on a very talented striker, while we hesitate about spending a minimal amount in comparison to get a deal done. Sometimes I think yes I'm grateful for ME as our owner compared to others around the league and then on other occasions I get quite annoyed to his lack of proper support, shortsightedness and doing most things on the cheap at our club - he has made us what we are currently. Just feel it is one of those mornings, need to get it off my chest, see it as a form of therapy...............and breathe!!!

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:42 - Aug 28 with 4696 viewsCoastalblue

Even if their current attempt works out I would still rather have ME than their owners.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:43 - Aug 28 with 4688 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:31 - Aug 28 by Kieran_Knows

What are you on about? Hurst has had to generate his own transfer fees by selling off probably our 3 best players.

MM sold Mings for £8m and spent it on a load of dross.

Put it whichever way you want, Hurst has decided to spend money on lower league players, whilst Mick spent the money on wages for ex Prem/experienced Championship players. This whole notion that Mick wasn’t backed like Hurst has been, is a load of tosh.

McCarthy didn’t get the Mings money to spend - that much is blindingly obvious from the fact we made a profit that year rather than the usual £5-6m loss

Flabbergasting that people still peddle that myth

EDIT; But yes, I do think the same will apply this year, so agree that Hurst isn’t working with anything extra
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 7:44]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:45 - Aug 28 with 4661 viewstextbackup

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:43 - Aug 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

McCarthy didn’t get the Mings money to spend - that much is blindingly obvious from the fact we made a profit that year rather than the usual £5-6m loss

EDIT; But yes, I do think the same will apply this year, so agree that Hurst isn’t working with anything extra

so he didn't use the money in wages then?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:06 - Aug 28 with 4559 viewsDennyx4

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:45 - Aug 28 by textbackup

Not the season that he states.

Every season we are making a loss between 4m & 6m a season in MM's time here, however the year we sold Mings we made over £5m profit (only season we made a profit).
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:09 - Aug 28 with 4548 viewshomer_123

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:27 - Aug 28 by christiand

He hasn't. PH has been asked to generate a war chest from selling the club's better players and still ME has a £4m profit from those deals and that's now generating interest while it sits in the bank. ME hasn't actually offered any additional financial support regarding getting transfers over the line.

Why is this a surprise.

Evans and the Club both clearly and unequivocally stated that any new incumbent after MM would be working under the same financial stipulations and framework.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:10 - Aug 28 with 4546 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Well it’s good to know that if Evans was to ultimately lead us into League One, the pitchforks would be put away should we return and spend £7m on a player.

Evans hasn’t seen us drop into League One. But yet he’s seemingly worthy of less credit than the Venkys which is very strange.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:15 - Aug 28 with 4521 viewschristiand

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:09 - Aug 28 by homer_123

Why is this a surprise.

Evans and the Club both clearly and unequivocally stated that any new incumbent after MM would be working under the same financial stipulations and framework.

Just disappointing when you see Ipswich Town for what it is really. Blackburn, I'm assuming would be exempt from EPL parachute payments, but still able to find £7m for a talented youngster when we are scratching around through the coppers trying to club together £200K. Not really a surprise where we find ourselves.

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:16 - Aug 28 with 4520 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:45 - Aug 28 by textbackup

Not really.

Basically we lose £6m a season which is just the running costs minus the income.

The year Mings left, we actually made a £5-6m profit because we sold Cresswell late the summer before so those 2 transfers didn't increase our budget at all.

Until we release accounts next year, we won't know whether Hurst has been able to re-invest the fees, but it looks as though he has been given a bit more than Mick ever had.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:18 - Aug 28 with 4505 viewstextbackup

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:15 - Aug 28 by christiand

Just disappointing when you see Ipswich Town for what it is really. Blackburn, I'm assuming would be exempt from EPL parachute payments, but still able to find £7m for a talented youngster when we are scratching around through the coppers trying to club together £200K. Not really a surprise where we find ourselves.

we didn't spend 7million on one player even when we were in the premier league, it really doesn't worry me that Blackburn are spending money we haven't got.

its what it is, nothing any of us can do about it.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 09:11 - Aug 28 with 4368 viewsRegencyBlue

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:09 - Aug 28 by homer_123

Why is this a surprise.

Indeed Evans did.

I never did understand the euphoria from some in response to the 'interview' because all it was saying was 'new manager, same business plan'.
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 09:27 - Aug 28 with 4285 viewsfinidiwoah

what concerns me is that we sold a striker that had scored or been involved in almost 30 goals last season for £5m where Forest are selling a striker that has only ever scored 8 goals for £7m.....
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 09:36 - Aug 28 with 4247 viewsbraveblue

What!! Our best two players were sold and the other two strikers let go and sold. That is fantastic backing!!! Evans is sitting on a £5m profit. If he does not spend anything to get a couple in and we do badly he had better be prepared for some justified abuse.

Re Blackburn and most of the league. The simple difference is that Evans is totally clueless. The Tilt non transfer is a complete shambles and we may have one recognised centre back for Sunday.
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 09:40 - Aug 28 with 4228 viewsFtnfwest

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:43 - Aug 28 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Its true, although he did use up a fair proportion over the following seasons on expensive premier league loans
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 11:22 - Aug 28 with 4116 viewsElderGrizzly

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:06 - Aug 28 by Dennyx4

Not the season that he states.

Every season we are making a loss between 4m & 6m a season in MM's time here, however the year we sold Mings we made over £5m profit (only season we made a profit).

That season's accounts also had the Cresswell sale in it.

So sales of £11.5m and we only made a profit of £5m. Almost like the costs of running the club still saw an operating loss of over £6m
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 11:24 - Aug 28 with 4109 viewsElderGrizzly

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 09:27 - Aug 28 by finidiwoah

what concerns me is that we sold a striker that had scored or been involved in almost 30 goals last season for £5m where Forest are selling a striker that has only ever scored 8 goals for £7m.....

It's almost like they are players at different stages of their career with all the potential 'added value' that brings.

I'd suggest Blackburn are overpaying significantly too.

And Waghorn had 2 good seasons his whole career. 2 season in 12 and still could be worth £7.5m at 29 to us in fees.
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 11:24 - Aug 28 with 4109 viewsElderGrizzly

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 09:27 - Aug 28 by finidiwoah

It's almost like they are players at different stages of their career with all the potential 'added value' that brings.

And Waghorn had 2 good seasons his whole career. 2 season in 12 and still could be worth £7.5m at 29 to us in fees
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 11:25 - Aug 28 with 4105 viewshype313

He's 19.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 11:27 - Aug 28 with 4099 viewsElderGrizzly

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:16 - Aug 28 by itfcjoe

Not really.

Basically we lose £6m a season which is just the running costs minus the income.

The year Mings left, we actually made a £5-6m profit because we sold Cresswell late the summer before so those 2 transfers didn't increase our budget at all.

Until we release accounts next year, we won't know whether Hurst has been able to re-invest the fees, but it looks as though he has been given a bit more than Mick ever had.

Agree and the money generated this summer still has to pay for what could be 3 expensive loans, January window and next summer too.

It hasn't disappeared (yet)
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 12:03 - Aug 28 with 4064 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 11:24 - Aug 28 by ElderGrizzly

And Waghorn had 2 good seasons his whole career. 2 season in 12 and still could be worth £7.5m at 29 to us in fees.

I don't think this is overpaying, great prospect and worst that could happen is he struggles and they'd still reclaim most of that fee back anyway.

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 12:05 - Aug 28 with 4054 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 11:27 - Aug 28 by ElderGrizzly

Agree and the money generated this summer still has to pay for what could be 3 expensive loans, January window and next summer too.

It hasn't disappeared (yet)

Until accounts are out we can't tell.

But it does feel as though Hurst has had more backing this window than Mick has had in recent years.

Once Jack Ross went to Sunderland, I think Hurst's negotiating position got stronger with regards to the job and the terms of it with regards to investment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024