Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Official Hurst Position Thread! 15:50 - Sep 24 with 14508 viewsSpruceMoose

As official TWTD historian, I thought I'd start a thread where we can declare whether we are Hurst in or Out.

That way we will have an official record of which posters turned, and when. This will be useful when engaging in future bickering matches about who was worse: Keane/Jewell/Hurst?

I'll go first.

Let the record show, I'm OUT as of Saturday 22nd September at 4:45pm.

EDIT - Please people, keep discussion to other threads. This is just the thread to type 'OUT' when the time comes.

[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 16:04]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 10:39 - Sep 25 with 1381 viewsThrobbe

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 18:14 - Sep 24 by SpruceMoose

I would prefer a new post, so that we can see the precise moment you jumped into the wonderfully warm Hurst Out waters.

Also, it's important to leave the original IN posts up so people can link to them when mocking other posters about their inevitable change of heart.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2018 18:26]

For the purposes of future ridicule I'm a concerned inner, so I can be wrong whatever happens.

Happy enough with the signings - mostly looking for lower league players with a potential to step up. Some wont, it's the risk you take, but I like that approach. I don't hold him responsible for the loss of the players that left, if they wanted to go, no point in forcing them to stay.

Some of his statements to the press about individual players set alarm bells ringing very early on for me - shades of the Dark Lord at times.

Ultimately it's about the football and having only been at the Norwich game this season I haven't seen us play enough to judge. I think a new manager needs a season, particularly with the huge turnover we've had, to implement their ideas. However, I'm worried that posters whose judgement I respect and are not prone to flouncing are saying that the early hopeful signs have already disappeared. If that's genuinely the case, then I'd say Evans needs to take action around Christmas time before it's too late, but 9-10 games isn't enough.

I'm taking rumours of a toxic atmosphere in the club with a generous pinch of salt. Change will inevitably put some noses out of joint. However, if Klug came out publicly and stated that he wanted to leave due to a clash with the management team, then that would be a game changer and I'd instantly flip to the leave side.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 10:44 - Sep 25 with 1378 viewshampstead_blue

GOing to the OP.

I'm in.
Give him more time. His head is below water, let's see if he can swim.

He may be finding it tough now but could turn into a cracking manager.

We'll only know if we give him a fair chance.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 10:53 - Sep 25 with 1367 viewsskyblue23

IN for now, but very close to being out after sitting through 60 minutes playing against 10 men and not even looking like scoring let alone winning.

Either 2 wins by the end of October or a win but a bucket load of goals in the other games to show we can create and score goals.

Can't see it happening but I want Hurst to succeed.

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 11:40 - Sep 25 with 1342 viewsTown_Blue17

I'm OUT.

It just doesn't seem to be improving and if anything it is getting worse. How we didn't beat them Saturday is beyond me, plus we have harder games to come and I just can't see where it's going to change unless we get rid.

The Dozzell situation is madness. He is fit and is tearing it up for the u23's yet Mr Sports Science is saying he isnt fit for the first team. I'm sorry but if you are happy to play an already injured 35 year old in Walters then why not play someone that is clearly fit and playing well?

I fear for Walters as well because this could be it for him and that is all down to Mr Hurst.

I did want him to do well, but I think we are at a point now that if we don't sack him we are in real danger of going down. We may win Saturday but then we will more than likely go on another run like this. Something is clearly wrong and it needs to change ASAP.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 11:44 - Sep 25 with 1336 viewsSwansea_Blue

Still an inner, but sceptical

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 11:53 - Sep 25 with 1329 viewsBrixtonBlue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 20:34 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

I did hear today that Evans has a get out clause which starts in October - if we’re in the bottom three Hurst can be sacked without a pay off.

Not sure how true that is,though.

It's unlikely to be true and has almost certainly been made up by someone. As if the person you heard this from has access to Hurst's contract in any way shape or form.

Have a word with yourself.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 12:47 - Sep 25 with 1307 viewsJDB23

As frustrated as I am with the club right now, I'm IN and will force myself to remain IN until the international break unless there are some major revelations within that time.

Right now I'm not confident of him turning it around, but he should be given more than 10 games.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 12:55 - Sep 25 with 1286 viewsWadeyBlue

Got

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

Login to get fewer ads

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 13:01 - Sep 25 with 1278 viewsLimitlessBlue

It's an out from me! pointless carrying on, he is not good enough.

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 13:05 - Sep 25 with 1273 viewshype313

Skeptical inner, this is the first time he has experienced a really bad run of form and to bin him after 10 games just seems the wrong thing to do, lets see over the coming weeks how things go, it could be teething problems, him getting to grips with the team dynamics and the league.

But he does have to start getting results soon, it's not like he can fall back on excellent performances where we have been unlucky, the simple fact is we look toothless up top and the strikers are playing off scraps. I just think a fit Huws could be the key to unlocking our strikers potency.

I suppose I'm on the fence, which essentially means lets give it a few more games, this bad run could be excellent experience for him and us in the long run.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 13:48 - Oct 6 with 1126 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Hurst neutral.

Not desperate for him to stay, but happy if he does.

Don't desperately want him out, but not bothered if he goes. I just want to stay up and see a real project installed, but perhaps Hurst can achieve that over time. But, no evidence of either happening as yet.

If we were offered Warburton then I'd drive Hurst back to Shrewsbury right now. Don't feel a connection to him, but will more overhaul by sacking take us forward or not?

So absolutely neutral. Don't care either way.
Official Hurst Position Thread! on 14:06 - Oct 6 with 1099 viewsstewartm

I was alarmed watching the opening game of the season tbh, from that neat and tidy football friendly against West Spam to the utter toothless rubbish against Blackburn. I thought ‘too early to moan’ even though I did post an alcohol fuelled rant on twtd. The Norwich game was enough for me, an absolute sheet Norwich team let off the hook by a clueless team not helped by poor selections and tactics. Hurst out!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 14:08]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 14:11 - Oct 6 with 1087 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 14:06 - Oct 6 by stewartm

I was alarmed watching the opening game of the season tbh, from that neat and tidy football friendly against West Spam to the utter toothless rubbish against Blackburn. I thought ‘too early to moan’ even though I did post an alcohol fuelled rant on twtd. The Norwich game was enough for me, an absolute sheet Norwich team let off the hook by a clueless team not helped by poor selections and tactics. Hurst out!
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 14:08]

and yet that Norwich team won every match since until this midweek.

I was more concerned with the lack of cohesion and sense of teamwork this midweek.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 14:13 - Oct 6 with 1085 viewsNthQldITFC

Think I might well be climbing up onto the fence today. If Knudsen's carrying a knock fair enough, otherwise another destabilising change. Sears v Jackson, not sure. Dozzell in, great, but let us fans NOT make a scapegoat out of Nolan yet. He's had a difficult start in a crucial position, and he could still come good imho.

Still like Hurst's stated philosophy, but he has to start delivering it very soon for me to get off the fence back on the 'in' side.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 14:15 - Oct 6 with 1082 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Official Hurst Position Thread! on 14:13 - Oct 6 by NthQldITFC

Think I might well be climbing up onto the fence today. If Knudsen's carrying a knock fair enough, otherwise another destabilising change. Sears v Jackson, not sure. Dozzell in, great, but let us fans NOT make a scapegoat out of Nolan yet. He's had a difficult start in a crucial position, and he could still come good imho.

Still like Hurst's stated philosophy, but he has to start delivering it very soon for me to get off the fence back on the 'in' side.

But he has Dozzell in the 10 role. He's not that, he's a number 6
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024