Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock 16:33 - Mar 4 with 4404 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I see people keep mentioning him as part of the “core” players that they want starting next season. Is it just me that does not get this? Take the homegrown love In aside and his a pretty poor player, with poor positional sense, no strength in the tackle whatsoever and average distribution at best. I have said for sometime those full back positions need sorting and even when we go down they will need sorting.
Kenlock on 16:34 - Mar 4 with 4383 viewsHerbivore

He's really poor but is cheap back up in League 1.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock on 16:38 - Mar 4 with 4372 viewsBluebell

Agreed. He also has a really peculiar way of running and gets the wrong side of the player he is marking.

I think there is a player in there but there are much better options, Knudsen being one of them, although I doubt he will stay around for League 1 football being a Danish International.
Kenlock on 17:05 - Mar 4 with 4308 viewsBlueFrankie26

Seems to have struggled in the last few weeks. Hasn't done enough to convince me in the games he has played since he broke into the first team squad that he warrants a starting place in the team next season. If we aim on challenging at the top I feel we are best to look at other options.
Kenlock on 17:29 - Mar 4 with 4258 viewsCoastalblue

I think we'll need two new fullbacks, I know Jonno keeps on about JE but from what I've seen and read he'll end up being the new scapegoat, he's very inconsistent according to Shrews fans and our fans won't accept that.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Kenlock on 17:46 - Mar 4 with 4213 viewshoppy

I thought he had a shocker on Saturday - particularly the first half. He looked in no-man's land so often, seemingly not really knowing where he was supposed to be or what he was supposed to be doing. It wasn't the first time I've thought it unfortunately.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Kenlock on 17:57 - Mar 4 with 4178 viewsDennyx4

Interestingly though Elder was on loan at Wigan, who got promoted from League One last year, and he doesn't look up to Championship football either.

Difficult to say whether Kenlock will be good enough or not for League one, not convinced at Championship level though.
Kenlock on 18:35 - Mar 4 with 4127 viewsFtnfwest

I have to say that on a few occasions he couldn’t seem to get back in his own half at any sort of pace when reading attacked. Ok going forward but no sort of defending. I don’t know, maybe could do a job in league 1 but you’d have thought we have to be looking at something better, which might well be another one of the home grown crew.
Kenlock on 18:42 - Mar 4 with 4106 viewsTractorWood

He looked below average in a poor team on Saturday.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock on 19:09 - Mar 4 with 4063 viewsIllinoisblue

Kenlock on 17:46 - Mar 4 by hoppy

I thought he had a shocker on Saturday - particularly the first half. He looked in no-man's land so often, seemingly not really knowing where he was supposed to be or what he was supposed to be doing. It wasn't the first time I've thought it unfortunately.

strangely, I thought Saturday was one of his not-terrible games. A low bar admittedly...

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kenlock on 19:10 - Mar 4 with 4064 viewsSomethingBlue

I'd really like him to do well and he can look tidy going forward sometimes, but ultimately he isn't up to it and it really is time we got two proper full-backs in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kenlock on 21:12 - Mar 4 with 3937 viewsitfcjoe

If we start the season and he is first choice left back then I'll be worried, he's just a squad player for me.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kenlock on 21:18 - Mar 4 with 3916 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Kenlock on 19:10 - Mar 4 by SomethingBlue

I'd really like him to do well and he can look tidy going forward sometimes, but ultimately he isn't up to it and it really is time we got two proper full-backs in.

To be fair I should have added that also, I would love nothing more than some of these youngsters to kick on with Town and push us onwards and eventually upwards however think one or two simply are not good enough which I am sure Lambert will have recognised after all Spence was dropped eventually.
Kenlock on 21:28 - Mar 4 with 3890 viewsMrTown

Isn’t he out of contract in the summer, and the club haven’t triggered his extra year yet?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Kenlock on 22:34 - Mar 4 with 3796 viewsstrikalite

Kenlock on 17:29 - Mar 4 by Coastalblue

I think we'll need two new fullbacks, I know Jonno keeps on about JE but from what I've seen and read he'll end up being the new scapegoat, he's very inconsistent according to Shrews fans and our fans won't accept that.

If PL wants to go 3-5-2 next season he needs two quick quality decent wing backs, I hope he's already looking...
Kenlock on 22:56 - Mar 4 with 3775 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kenlock on 22:34 - Mar 4 by strikalite

If PL wants to go 3-5-2 next season he needs two quick quality decent wing backs, I hope he's already looking...

I wonder whether Edwards could do the wing back role without the pace.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kenlock on 00:07 - Mar 5 with 3719 viewshave_a_word_with_him

it's great to love "one of our own", it really is, but can we tell ourselves that he's good enough, honestly? our utter drop in general standards is the only thing keeping ourselves from a "sorry son, not at this level"...

We've not had a half-decent fullback on either side since Mings...
Kenlock on 01:29 - Mar 5 with 3671 viewsbontcho

Would it be fair to say an attacking full back is never going to look particularly good in a team having to defend so much? Not disagreeing too much with the general consensus on this thread, just feel may be he may be better next year when (surely) we are attacking more.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Kenlock on 06:29 - Mar 5 with 3597 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Kenlock on 01:29 - Mar 5 by bontcho

Would it be fair to say an attacking full back is never going to look particularly good in a team having to defend so much? Not disagreeing too much with the general consensus on this thread, just feel may be he may be better next year when (surely) we are attacking more.

Interesting theory and the first 3/4 games next season are massive, we need to break this losers mentality of being weak and losing games badly. If we could say win 2 and draw 2 from first four games then that may restore the confidence in one or two individuals, lose 2 and draw 2 and I will be worried.

The problem with Kenlock he isn’t good enough defending In a one on one situation and if we are more attacking which I agree I’d like to think we would be then our full backs are going to have to be solid Chris makin style defenders.
Kenlock on 08:13 - Mar 5 with 3492 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock on 01:29 - Mar 5 by bontcho

He's not very good at attacking either. He also needs to at least do the basics okay as a defender. He's just really not very good, sadly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock on 08:52 - Mar 5 with 3458 viewsbritbiker

They were defending him on the radio saying he was up against difficult opposition. Surely thats the problem, if your a championship defender your expected to do well against championship attackers every week. We lack consisantly good performers.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 11:15]
Kenlock on 08:54 - Mar 5 with 3450 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd keep him on as a squad player (same as Emmanuel), but I really hope PL does bring in a new first choice left and right back this summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kenlock on 08:56 - Mar 5 with 3440 viewsJohnWarksTash

I think it shows the currently plight of the club that a player as 'less than average' as Kenlock has made 50 appearances for the first team.
Kenlock on 09:19 - Mar 5 with 3405 viewsbadadski

Kenlock on 08:56 - Mar 5 by JohnWarksTash

I think it shows the currently plight of the club that a player as 'less than average' as Kenlock has made 50 appearances for the first team.

Not good enough for me, can’t telll what he will be like next season but lots of learning to do as a defender. Might be being critical as still young for a defender who peak usually mid 20’s to 30 unless super special as you become far more aware and can read the game far better.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024