Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Judge wants out 21:53 - Jul 23 with 11651 viewsMullet

Can't blame him I guess, but it stings a bit. I don't deny his potential but he didn't do enough last season and we took the gamble on him when others wouldn't.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Judge wants out on 22:21 - Jul 23 with 2416 viewsGuthrum

Besides which, what footballer would not want to go to a club playing at a higher level if the offer is there? Given he doesn't have any local or emotional link to Town, would hardly be human if he wasn't very tempted.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Judge wants out on 22:22 - Jul 23 with 2417 viewsCuffy81

The fee we receive is entirely irrelevant. Even if we did hold out for say 2m not a penny will be reinvested in getting an equivalent replacement under this ownership.

A very salient reminder of where we are right now.
Judge wants out on 22:22 - Jul 23 with 2414 viewsTrequartista

Judge wants out on 22:07 - Jul 23 by gtsb

F*** off then. Ungrateful c***. We're bigger than you.

You only have to be over 5 foot 7 so not really that difficult.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Judge Fudge on 22:24 - Jul 23 with 2388 viewsTrequartista

Just wanted to get that one out before he left.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Judge wants out on 22:28 - Jul 23 with 2361 viewsGuthrum

Judge wants out on 22:20 - Jul 23 by Ftnfwest

He cost 500k didn’t he?

'Nominal fee' according to Phil's story at the time. Or 'undisclosed' on the BBC.

Judge wants out on 22:31 - Jul 23 with 2340 viewsMoriarty

Judge wants out on 22:09 - Jul 23 by Mullet

I did consider that, and am gleefully surprised no one has blamed Mick yet either in some convoluted and batsh1t way.

Might yet happen!

McGoldrick is starring under Mick. We’re Brazil 1982 compared to what we were under O’Neill.

fka omuircheartaigh

Judge wants out on 22:32 - Jul 23 with 2339 viewspatrickswell

Judge wants out on 22:17 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

By getting us - at least a fair chunk of - a million quid for a free transfer? Even if that doesn't go into the transfer kitty (might pay for a decent young Prem loan), all helps to keep the club afloat.

But it doesn’t chime with the “building a project” that Lambert claims he and Evans want to do.

Tell Judge to stay for a year. If he gets us promoted, he can leave. If not, pipe da feck down, and get on with it.
Judge wants out on 22:32 - Jul 23 with 2328 viewsGuthrum

Judge wants out on 22:18 - Jul 23 by BLUEBEAT

Yes.

A few hundred thousand pounds rather than nothing.

Sounds OK to me.

Sure, he provided some exciting moments towards the end of the worst season in (my) ITFC living history but I still found him to be selfish/lazy more than a handful of times (every game, pretty much).

If him going means Dozzell will stay knowing he’ll have more game time, then it’s all good with me.

I was about to post your last point.

May mean Bialkowski stays, too. Who is well above L1 standard if he gets his mojo back.

Login to get fewer ads

Judge wants out on 22:34 - Jul 23 with 2313 viewspointofblue

Judge wants out on 22:18 - Jul 23 by BLUEBEAT

Yes.

A few hundred thousand pounds rather than nothing.

Sounds OK to me.

Sure, he provided some exciting moments towards the end of the worst season in (my) ITFC living history but I still found him to be selfish/lazy more than a handful of times (every game, pretty much).

If him going means Dozzell will stay knowing he’ll have more game time, then it’s all good with me.

If Judge was all of those things then Dozzell was out of his depth and then some. He'd be a downgrade.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Judge wants out on 22:35 - Jul 23 with 2304 viewshatch

Say you work in Ipswich with your family and then you struggle at work, you get an opportunity to move to a business 3 hours drive away so take that. You do well on a temporary contract and they offer you a permanent - but you’re still away from your young family 5 days a week. You then get offered a good opportunity at a better performing company back in Colchester which means you see your family every day, perhaps get paid more, and have greater opportunities to progress. Are you all telling me you keep the 3 hour commute out of loyalty to those that took a punt on you?

I have no gripes at all with him wanting to go. If it was to move to Peterborough or somewhere then I’d be having strong words with him.
Judge wants out on 22:35 - Jul 23 with 2295 viewsGuthrum

Judge wants out on 22:32 - Jul 23 by patrickswell

But it doesn’t chime with the “building a project” that Lambert claims he and Evans want to do.

Tell Judge to stay for a year. If he gets us promoted, he can leave. If not, pipe da feck down, and get on with it.

The 'project' is not Judge, but the Youths coming through what is, still, a Championship-level academy.

Judge wants out on 22:40 - Jul 23 with 2260 viewspatrickswell

Judge wants out on 22:35 - Jul 23 by hatch

Say you work in Ipswich with your family and then you struggle at work, you get an opportunity to move to a business 3 hours drive away so take that. You do well on a temporary contract and they offer you a permanent - but you’re still away from your young family 5 days a week. You then get offered a good opportunity at a better performing company back in Colchester which means you see your family every day, perhaps get paid more, and have greater opportunities to progress. Are you all telling me you keep the 3 hour commute out of loyalty to those that took a punt on you?

I have no gripes at all with him wanting to go. If it was to move to Peterborough or somewhere then I’d be having strong words with him.

If I had Judge’s money and could afford good quality massages at either end of the journey, I could do the 3 hours.

He doesn’t want to play at Rochdale or Accrington. Well guess what, Alan, we don’t particularly relish the thought of going there but we have to in large part because you offered the thick end of feck all in terms of end product.
Judge wants out on 22:42 - Jul 23 with 2255 viewsSitfcB

Judge wants out on 22:35 - Jul 23 by hatch

“I’m delighted because I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’m looking forward to moving my family here and getting settled”

“Playing football is what’s most important to me. I know this season hasn't gone the way we wanted it to but I want to be part of something to hopefully get the team back up.”

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Judge wants out on 22:45 - Jul 23 with 2219 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Judge wants out on 22:34 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

If Judge was all of those things then Dozzell was out of his depth and then some. He'd be a downgrade.

Andre Dozzell is 20 and supposedly wanted by Premier League clubs.

Please wait several more years before choosing to write him off.

If he could progress with us in League 1 this season he has far more future potential than Judge does at over 30.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Judge wants out on 22:47 - Jul 23 with 2208 viewsMoriarty

Judge wants out on 22:13 - Jul 23 by J2BLUE

MM assured him his international status wouldn't be affected if he signed.

Notwithstanding that, common sense will inform all concerned that playing at a higher level will enhance his prospects.

fka omuircheartaigh

Judge wants out on 22:49 - Jul 23 with 2198 viewsBluedandy

Judge wants out on 22:35 - Jul 23 by Guthrum

The 'project' is not Judge, but the Youths coming through what is, still, a Championship-level academy.

The project is getting out of League One as quickly as possible.
Judge wants out on 22:51 - Jul 23 with 2187 viewshatch

Judge wants out on 22:42 - Jul 23 by SitfcB

“I’m delighted because I’ve really enjoyed my time here and I’m looking forward to moving my family here and getting settled”

“Playing football is what’s most important to me. I know this season hasn't gone the way we wanted it to but I want to be part of something to hopefully get the team back up.”

I’d have said the same if I didn’t think an opportunity back home was ever going to be an option.
Judge wants out on 22:54 - Jul 23 with 2174 viewspointofblue

Judge wants out on 22:45 - Jul 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Andre Dozzell is 20 and supposedly wanted by Premier League clubs.

Please wait several more years before choosing to write him off.

If he could progress with us in League 1 this season he has far more future potential than Judge does at over 30.

He went backwards last year - hopefully the step down will help him but I do I trust him to make a difference I'd trust Downes, Lankester or even a fit Nydam to make an impact next season than him at the moment.

Judge wants out on 23:01 - Jul 23 with 2146 viewsSitfcB

Judge wants out on 22:51 - Jul 23 by hatch

I’d have said the same if I didn’t think an opportunity back home was ever going to be an option.

Back home? You say that like it’s hundreds of miles away.

It’s an hour an a half (on a good day) away.

"It's only a couple of hours away, it's not to the moon and back, but I don't know where it's at." - Paul Lambert

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Judge wants out on 23:11 - Jul 23 with 2117 viewsHerbivore

I genuinely don't care. Massively flattered to deceive for us last season (no goals and one assist) and he doesn't obviously fit our system. If he wants to swap going up re League 1 for a second relegation from the Championship then that's his bag.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge wants out on 23:13 - Jul 23 with 2109 viewsHerbivore

Judge wants out on 22:12 - Jul 23 by christiand

Thinking exactly the same. It’s the modern Ipswich Town way though, just an embarrassing watch!!

How is this Town's fault?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Judge wants out on 23:17 - Jul 23 with 2091 viewspointofblue

Judge wants out on 23:13 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

How is this Town's fault?

The issue is the money won't get re-invested in strengthening the squad - that IS Town's fault. The Judge scenario isn't but it wouldn't feel as nearly as bad if we knew the money would be spent on the squad rather than service Evans' debt.

Judge wants out on 23:18 - Jul 23 with 2088 viewshatch

Judge wants out on 23:01 - Jul 23 by SitfcB

Back home? You say that like it’s hundreds of miles away.

It’s an hour an a half (on a good day) away.

"It's only a couple of hours away, it's not to the moon and back, but I don't know where it's at." - Paul Lambert

I get that but you’re missing school runs etc. I think he lives in East Sheen which would be about a 4 hr round trip if driving on traffi-less roads. I just see it from his perspective and don’t judge him for it (pardon the pun).
Judge wants out on 23:21 - Jul 23 with 2079 viewsportmanking

Judge wants out on 23:17 - Jul 23 by pointofblue

The issue is the money won't get re-invested in strengthening the squad - that IS Town's fault. The Judge scenario isn't but it wouldn't feel as nearly as bad if we knew the money would be spent on the squad rather than service Evans' debt.

Therein lies the crux of it.

The frustration is due to the knowledge that we WILL be weaker for this transfer, whether we like it or not. It's not a case of PL being given the funds to sign a replacement. It's the same old f*cking case of mend and make do which has got us to our lowest ebb in almost seven decades.

A travesty that some fans are still so blind to the fact that Evans is asset stripping the club - albeit so slowly that some cannot see it.
Judge wants out on 23:23 - Jul 23 with 2073 viewsGuthrum

Judge wants out on 22:49 - Jul 23 by Bluedandy

The project is getting out of League One as quickly as possible.

That isn't the 'project' Lambert and Evans are talking about. Tho it is a stepping stone on the way.

I also don't think retaining Judge is the one thing which will make such a crucial difference to our success in that area. We may not manage it with him in the team; we can do it without.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024