Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No confidence motion tabled in the Government 10:38 - Jul 25 with 7591 viewsElderGrizzly

Jo Swinson challenging Labour to back her

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 11:22 - Jul 25 with 1384 viewssoupytwist

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 11:17 - Jul 25 by pickles110564

We are leaving before or on 31st October.

Your party is now as bad as the Labour party, your new leader has stated if the ref was run again and we win again (which will be a larger majority than before) she will not accept it.

So much for the luvvy dovey party, just another I know best and that is what we will do.

Don't think that Jo Swinson's 'not accepting the result of a second referendum' is quite the same as Nigel Farage's threat to 'don khaki and pick up a rifle' if Brexit doesn't happen.

She means that she will use the democratic means at her disposal to stop us leaving or get us back into the EU. Just what Farage has based an entire career on.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 11:29 - Jul 25 with 1380 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 10:57 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

We know. And that is her job done because the public will just see Labour not supporting something that looks so obvious.

The detail underneath will not be understood or published by/to the many

Labour’s response so far

[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 10:59]

It's disgraceful gutter politics and you ought to be ashamed of your party rather than revelling in it.

The fact that your party hasn't got the balls to go for the Tories properly, and are still flailing behind two parties that everyone says are terrible, just shows how irrelevant your lot are.

I might have a soft spot for the Liberals if they ever did anything good for the country rather than getting in bed with the Tories or trying to damage Labour.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 11:58 - Jul 25 with 1349 viewsElderGrizzly

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 11:29 - Jul 25 by BrixtonBlue

It's disgraceful gutter politics and you ought to be ashamed of your party rather than revelling in it.

The fact that your party hasn't got the balls to go for the Tories properly, and are still flailing behind two parties that everyone says are terrible, just shows how irrelevant your lot are.

I might have a soft spot for the Liberals if they ever did anything good for the country rather than getting in bed with the Tories or trying to damage Labour.

Flailing...

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:02 - Jul 25 with 1337 viewsStokieBlue

I think your polling might be out of date, Labour have totally tanked to the point where JC is actually behind the Lib Dems in his own constituency,

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:04 - Jul 25 with 1335 viewspickles110564

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 11:58 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Flailing...

Which gives us as even stronger position after the next GE when Boris has delivered Brexit, happy days.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:11 - Jul 25 with 1316 viewsGlasgowBlue

Flailing...

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:15 - Jul 25 with 1307 viewsKievthegreat

And where are Labour's balls? Are they trying to take down the government? Where's labour's no confidence motion? They could present a binding one. They could be courting Tory rebels to support him as we speak, but no. He's all mouth and no trousers.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:15 - Jul 25 with 1297 viewsmrshallisfit

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 11:12 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Eh? I’m a Lib Dem.

The motion is aimed at making Labour look weak (not difficult), never about winning the VONC right now.

If you believe Boris will resolve all of this by 31st October you are deluded. It isn’t even legally possible in that timeframe as he has been told

Pickles. Deluded? No. Never. Odious cretin. Yes.
Login to get fewer ads

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:17 - Jul 25 with 1288 viewsJ2BLUE

It will be interesting to watch the spin war on this one. Personally I think it's pathetic and reflects badly on the Lib Dems rather than Labour.

I think most people will see through it and the Liberals will be damaged.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:24 - Jul 25 with 1265 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Flailing...

Dolly wasn’t personally asked on that poll though so it’s irrelevant...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:26 - Jul 25 with 1259 viewsgiant_stow

Its fun watching labour types get so unnerved by the liberals - I've noticed lots of attack pieces in the press lately and increased bollox talk of propping up the tories. A good sign.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:27 - Jul 25 with 1251 viewsKievthegreat

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:26 - Jul 25 by giant_stow

Its fun watching labour types get so unnerved by the liberals - I've noticed lots of attack pieces in the press lately and increased bollox talk of propping up the tories. A good sign.

Labour are scared. Simple as that.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:28 - Jul 25 with 1250 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 10:59 - Jul 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

and therefore reinforcing their status as the party to prop up a Tory coalition.

Hardly fair - winning a GE isn’t realistic for the Lib Dem’s as it stands however they will be looking at it as an opportunity to try and become the second party, and then longer term who knows?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:29 - Jul 25 with 1245 viewsElderGrizzly

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:17 - Jul 25 by J2BLUE

It will be interesting to watch the spin war on this one. Personally I think it's pathetic and reflects badly on the Lib Dems rather than Labour.

I think most people will see through it and the Liberals will be damaged.

I doubt it, but we’ll see.

There is a significant movement behind holding this new PM to account and if Corbyn will not to something ‘visible’, someone else has to try and kick it off.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:31 - Jul 25 with 1237 viewsgiant_stow

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:27 - Jul 25 by Kievthegreat

Labour are scared. Simple as that.

Yes, so clearly and I don't blame them.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:31 - Jul 25 with 1236 viewsElderGrizzly

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:28 - Jul 25 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Hardly fair - winning a GE isn’t realistic for the Lib Dem’s as it stands however they will be looking at it as an opportunity to try and become the second party, and then longer term who knows?

Agree. And Swinson said almost on her first day she would not go into coalition with a Johnson or Corbyn led party.

Selfishly, the sooner there is a GE the better for us as we’ll pick up more Labour seats than Tory
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:33 - Jul 25 with 1230 viewsRyorry

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:15 - Jul 25 by Kievthegreat

And where are Labour's balls? Are they trying to take down the government? Where's labour's no confidence motion? They could present a binding one. They could be courting Tory rebels to support him as we speak, but no. He's all mouth and no trousers.

What I find rather sad is that the decent elements of all parties haven't had the balls or sense to get together & form an alliance against this completely discredited Tory govt. (Not counting the handful of feeble "Change" breakaway-ers).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:33 - Jul 25 with 1230 viewsbaxterbasics

Labour has bee going all guns blazing on Swinson since she got the job, they can't expect any favours in return.

LDs are clearly benefiting, belatedly, from remain voters that have finally noticed that Labour isn't exactly committed to remain. Also conservatives that don't like Boris.

In the event of a GE that produces something like the polls are suggesting, it is hard to envisage the LDs allying with either Lab or Con in the current climate.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:35 - Jul 25 with 1227 viewsRyorry

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:31 - Jul 25 by giant_stow

Yes, so clearly and I don't blame them.

Me too - (scared at the prospect of this lot now)!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:50 - Jul 25 with 1194 viewsGunnsAirkick

Flailing...

At least use an aggregator and not just one pollster (YouGov).

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:52 - Jul 25 with 1188 viewsElderGrizzly

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:50 - Jul 25 by GunnsAirkick

At least use an aggregator and not just one pollster (YouGov).

An aggregator is fine for showing a pattern, but YouGov is the only survey since Johnson was announced.

I don’t believe for one second we’ll get more MPs than Labour or Tories if a GE is called.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:56 - Jul 25 with 1181 viewsGunnsAirkick

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:52 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

An aggregator is fine for showing a pattern, but YouGov is the only survey since Johnson was announced.

I don’t believe for one second we’ll get more MPs than Labour or Tories if a GE is called.

Both Labour and Tories clearly on a downwards trend. I'd be interested to see what this looks like after the recess though.

I just find it funny some use YouGov as gospel, it's also the same with Labour people and Survation. I tend to not look at individual polls anymore for this reason.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 13:26 - Jul 25 with 1151 viewsElderGrizzly

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:56 - Jul 25 by GunnsAirkick

Both Labour and Tories clearly on a downwards trend. I'd be interested to see what this looks like after the recess though.

I just find it funny some use YouGov as gospel, it's also the same with Labour people and Survation. I tend to not look at individual polls anymore for this reason.

With you completely on the apparent bias of some pollsters. Look at Rasmussen in the USA. It’s the only source Trump uses.

It was only of interest given the fact it was the first one since BJ was confirmed PM.

If we can hold around 20% as Boris takes the Brexit Party Vote i’ll be happy
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 13:50 - Jul 25 with 1140 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:15 - Jul 25 by Kievthegreat

As Elder says, now is clearly not the right time for Labour. Have you read the thread?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 13:56 - Jul 25 with 1125 viewsBrixtonBlue

Flailing...

That's literally out today, well done. Every other poll over the last few weeks and months puts the Lib Dems firmly in 3rd. You nose ahead on one poll and suddenly get cocky.

All your talk of how Labour have been poor opposition, yet where have the Liberals been the last 3 years?

This shows an average of polls conducted by 10 polling companies, just 4 days ago, of how people would vote in a general election.;

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49043552

Also, I note you've swerved the rest of my post. So you agree it's disgraceful gutter politics by the Lim Dems with no care for the country whatsoever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024