Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No confidence motion tabled in the Government 10:38 - Jul 25 with 7589 viewsElderGrizzly

Jo Swinson challenging Labour to back her

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 13:57 - Jul 25 with 2024 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:02 - Jul 25 by StokieBlue

I think your polling might be out of date, Labour have totally tanked to the point where JC is actually behind the Lib Dems in his own constituency,

SB

I don't think so

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49043552

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 13:58 - Jul 25 with 2021 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:11 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

The irony is you've swung and missed again. See my reply to Elder.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:01 - Jul 25 with 2012 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:27 - Jul 25 by Kievthegreat

Labour are scared. Simple as that.

Utter nonsense. The Liberals have been irrelevant for years and now have a slight honeymoon period because of a new leader. No-one's remotely scared by them.

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:04 - Jul 25 with 2007 viewsElderGrizzly

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 13:56 - Jul 25 by BrixtonBlue

That's literally out today, well done. Every other poll over the last few weeks and months puts the Lib Dems firmly in 3rd. You nose ahead on one poll and suddenly get cocky.

All your talk of how Labour have been poor opposition, yet where have the Liberals been the last 3 years?

This shows an average of polls conducted by 10 polling companies, just 4 days ago, of how people would vote in a general election.;

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49043552

Also, I note you've swerved the rest of my post. So you agree it's disgraceful gutter politics by the Lim Dems with no care for the country whatsoever?

Yesterday, but never mind.

No, I think trying to put pressure on Johnson whatever way possible is good for the country. Jeremy should try it...

I said the context it was posted in, as the first poll since Johnson was confirmed PM and explained i didn't think we would be beating Tories or Labour.

I note you swerved all of that 😬
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:06 - Jul 25 with 2000 viewsGlasgowBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:01 - Jul 25 by BrixtonBlue

Utter nonsense. The Liberals have been irrelevant for years and now have a slight honeymoon period because of a new leader. No-one's remotely scared by them.

They aren't having a honeymoon period because of a new leader. Ever since the local elections in the Spring, which they won, the Lib Dems have had a resurgence in the polls. They are the natural home for remain with the Tories the party of leave and Labour the party of fence sitting.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:06 - Jul 25 with 1999 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:04 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Yesterday, but never mind.

No, I think trying to put pressure on Johnson whatever way possible is good for the country. Jeremy should try it...

I said the context it was posted in, as the first poll since Johnson was confirmed PM and explained i didn't think we would be beating Tories or Labour.

I note you swerved all of that 😬

You posted that AFTER my post! How disingenuous can you be?

You've been caught out and are now backtracking.

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:07 - Jul 25 with 1994 viewsSpruceMoose

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 10:59 - Jul 25 by Swansea_Blue

Quite. Corbyn's making Labour a potentially fertile hunting ground for the LDs.

Consider me bagged.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:10 - Jul 25 with 1985 viewsHerbivore

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 12:31 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Agree. And Swinson said almost on her first day she would not go into coalition with a Johnson or Corbyn led party.

Selfishly, the sooner there is a GE the better for us as we’ll pick up more Labour seats than Tory

Although in focusing on overhauling Labour the Lib Dems are essentially ensuring a hard Brexit Tory party will win any GE. Given that the Lib Dems are anti-Brexit I find it odd that they're pursuing a tactic that makes a no deal Brexit infinitely more likely.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:13 - Jul 25 with 1981 viewspickles110564

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:10 - Jul 25 by Herbivore

Although in focusing on overhauling Labour the Lib Dems are essentially ensuring a hard Brexit Tory party will win any GE. Given that the Lib Dems are anti-Brexit I find it odd that they're pursuing a tactic that makes a no deal Brexit infinitely more likely.

Finally some sense in one of your posts.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:15 - Jul 25 with 1974 viewsSpruceMoose

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:25 - Jul 25 with 1949 viewsm14_blue

You've never been more wrong.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:26 - Jul 25 with 1948 viewsGlasgowBlue

The way Labour are going hard on Jo Swinson since her election suggests that they are terrified.

They never went in so hard against Vince Cable despite him being a cabinet minister in the coalition government whereas Jo Swinson was just a junior minister.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:34 - Jul 25 with 1927 viewsDarth_Koont

Wasn't the criticism against Corbyn and Labour that they should stop pushing for a general election and sort out Brexit instead?

Swinson now is adopting the same tactic and pushing for it at a time when it may not actually lead to a good result. Or maybe this is the time? Hard to say.

I think the sentiment of "no confidence" is at least a potentially unifying theme. It's already the majority view in parliament and even among the population I'm sure.

Pronouns: He/Him

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:37 - Jul 25 with 1914 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:26 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

The way Labour are going hard on Jo Swinson since her election suggests that they are terrified.

They never went in so hard against Vince Cable despite him being a cabinet minister in the coalition government whereas Jo Swinson was just a junior minister.

Probably because she's a new leader/breath of fresh air and they think they'll lose some seats to her because of it. Vince was pretty much ready for the old people's home (according to my GF, who had dealings with him - she actually thought it was a bit cruel to keep him in charge).

Nevertheless, I hardly think Labour are "terrified" by Swinson.
I'm certainly not worried by them (or the fact that one poll puts them in front).

I've supported them in the past and would love them to offer a proper challenge at a General Election but I think people are still smarting after they got in bed with the Tories and went back on tuition fees. A spectacular shot in ones own foot, that.

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:38 - Jul 25 with 1907 viewsSpruceMoose

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:37 - Jul 25 by BrixtonBlue

Probably because she's a new leader/breath of fresh air and they think they'll lose some seats to her because of it. Vince was pretty much ready for the old people's home (according to my GF, who had dealings with him - she actually thought it was a bit cruel to keep him in charge).

I'm certainly not worried by them (or the fact that one poll puts them in front).

I've supported them in the past and would love them to offer a proper challenge at a General Election but I think people are still smarting after they got in bed with the Tories and went back on tuition fees. A spectacular shot in ones own foot, that.

Do you not think Labour's stance on Brexit is their tuition fee shooting themselves in the foot moment though? Personally I think it's happening as we speak.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 14:39]

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:39 - Jul 25 with 1907 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:34 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

Wasn't the criticism against Corbyn and Labour that they should stop pushing for a general election and sort out Brexit instead?

Swinson now is adopting the same tactic and pushing for it at a time when it may not actually lead to a good result. Or maybe this is the time? Hard to say.

I think the sentiment of "no confidence" is at least a potentially unifying theme. It's already the majority view in parliament and even among the population I'm sure.

Indeed. "Pointless" when Corbyn does it, "a brilliant tactic" when Swinson has the same idea.

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:41 - Jul 25 with 1896 viewsitfcjoe

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:26 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

Because she is a woman too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:41 - Jul 25 with 1896 viewseireblue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:06 - Jul 25 by BrixtonBlue

You posted that AFTER my post! How disingenuous can you be?

You've been caught out and are now backtracking.

Thinking as an advertising executive.

There is going to be some hols for the politicians.

Two new leaders have been announced.

There was very little coverage of LD leadership battle, and almost daily coverage of the new emperor in waiting.

Swinson getting into the news seems a very good idea, and it seems to be working.
No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:43 - Jul 25 with 1889 viewsRyorry

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:34 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

The vibe in the air isn't just no confidence, but complete flux & instability, esp while all the new cabinet haven't yet got to grips with their briefs (if they ever do). Hope we have some very competent civil servants at the top of their games behind the scenes.

Sorry to say that if I were a terrorist, I'd be thinking that this is a good time ... suspect there might be a state of high alert quietly going on backstage.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:44 - Jul 25 with 1885 viewsitfcjoe

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:37 - Jul 25 by BrixtonBlue

If they aren't terrified why did they send their attack dogs out in full force straight after she was appointed? If only they actually cared about opposing the Tories so strongly we might have got somewhere

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:55 - Jul 25 with 1858 viewsDarth_Koont

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:43 - Jul 25 by Ryorry

The vibe in the air isn't just no confidence, but complete flux & instability, esp while all the new cabinet haven't yet got to grips with their briefs (if they ever do). Hope we have some very competent civil servants at the top of their games behind the scenes.

Sorry to say that if I were a terrorist, I'd be thinking that this is a good time ... suspect there might be a state of high alert quietly going on backstage.

Might seem like that on the surface but to me it seems like business as usual. The "terrorist incident" already exists in the form of Brexit and we're seeing a pro-Establishment, pro-status quo government emerge as a result. That's the lie of the populists and the loony right, that they're somehow progressive and offering a new way forward. But the new forward is backwards into reactionary conservatism, nationalism and a rejection of change itself.

Of course I think that means it's ultimately a dangerous government not a safe one. And won't address the needs and concerns of the UK citizens or the world at large. But in the battle for hearts and minds none of that matters: they appear to be a group who will promise and deliver simplicity even if it's actually the worst and most complicated option like a No Deal Brexit.

Pronouns: He/Him

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 15:03 - Jul 25 with 1835 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:38 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Do you not think Labour's stance on Brexit is their tuition fee shooting themselves in the foot moment though? Personally I think it's happening as we speak.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 14:39]

Not really. Labour haven't promised something and then gone back on their word.

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 15:05 - Jul 25 with 1829 viewsBrixtonBlue

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 14:44 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

If they aren't terrified why did they send their attack dogs out in full force straight after she was appointed? If only they actually cared about opposing the Tories so strongly we might have got somewhere

I've explained why at the start of the post you're replying to.

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 15:11 - Jul 25 with 1814 viewsitfcjoe

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 15:05 - Jul 25 by BrixtonBlue

I've explained why at the start of the post you're replying to.

So they've gone in that two footed because they think they might just lose a few seats, if you say so.

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 15:12 - Jul 25 with 1812 viewsSpruceMoose

No confidence motion tabled in the Government on 15:03 - Jul 25 by BrixtonBlue

Not really. Labour haven't promised something and then gone back on their word.

No, but they haven't offered what a large number of supporters want, which is fair enough, but they have tried to fluff over that with his weird fence sitting.

I assure you I'm not alone in taking my vote elsewhere for the first time. Labour really seem to have their head in the sand on this issue, and there's a big shock coming their, some some supporters, way.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024