Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert does not sound happy ... 14:37 - Jul 25 with 7799 viewsSomethingBlue

... about the transfer situation. We have been missing dynamic, purposeful management on that side for so long now and it is among the many things that have crippled us. Absolutely vital we get some things over the line pretty much immediately.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:03 - Jul 25 with 1087 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:01 - Jul 25 by sparks

You do understand that we are about 15m down dont you?

And we will be again next season if we don't go up. I don't expect him to spend millions. I do expect adequate cover or reasonable quality. I expected another couple of decent free agents. We are a striker and CB short.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:03 - Jul 25 with 1094 viewshomer_123

"I'm only involved a little bit in identifying who I think can help us, the rest is over to Marcus (Evans) and Lee (O'Neill)."

Feck me that is troublesome.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:03 - Jul 25 with 1088 viewschicoazul

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:01 - Jul 25 by sparks

You do understand that we are about 15m down dont you?

Your number is wrong, but so what?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:04 - Jul 25 with 1083 viewsportmanking

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:59 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

We haven't been a club of any magnitude for some time now sadly.

Evans is just trying to ride it out until the expectations of the fans fall into line with the kind of club he is willing to fund.

Look at it this way, being in the FA Cup 4th round draw would be something to get excited about these days. How the hell did that happen?
[Post edited 25 Jul 2019 15:00]

We have always been a club of magnitude. We've been one of the top 30 most successful clubs in English football for two generations.

Re. your second paragraph - yes, that's what I just said wasn't it? He's no longer able to fund a club of our size/expectations/traditions.
Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:04 - Jul 25 with 1077 viewsKieran_Knows

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:03 - Jul 25 by homer_123

"I'm only involved a little bit in identifying who I think can help us, the rest is over to Marcus (Evans) and Lee (O'Neill)."

Recipe for disaster.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:08 - Jul 25 with 1061 viewssparks

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:03 - Jul 25 by itfcjoe

Our turnover was about £18m so that isn't correct

We are 6m or so down each season and lost a huge amount of income via relagation. https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/financial-impact-of-ipswich-town-relegation-to-leag

Total c.15m to be covered. And League 1 FFP rules to consider.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:11 - Jul 25 with 1036 viewsDanTheMan

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:08 - Jul 25 by sparks

We are 6m or so down each season and lost a huge amount of income via relagation. https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/financial-impact-of-ipswich-town-relegation-to-leag

Total c.15m to be covered. And League 1 FFP rules to consider.

And if we are here next season, we will continue to be that much down.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:13 - Jul 25 with 1023 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:02 - Jul 25 by ITFC_Forever

Can put it down to ME's transfer policy.

As could some of our other ex-managers.

People weren't exactly falling over themselves to offer him a job before we got him in. If he fooks up here, I can't see him being that appealing all of a sudden.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:13 - Jul 25 with 1023 viewssparks

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:11 - Jul 25 by DanTheMan

And if we are here next season, we will continue to be that much down.

Indeed- which means that any responsible owner cannot simply ignore it and hope for the best.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:14 - Jul 25 with 1019 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:03 - Jul 25 by homer_123

Why?

Lambert will identify players who he thinks we can get that may improve the side, give an idea about what he thinks they will cost and that's his part done.

The rest would be working out whether there are any complications with the players background, location, character, whether we may have the funds available, speaking to the clubs about their expectations , making a bid, negotiating the fee and add ons, discussing terms and bonuses, getting the player in for a medical and signing the contract.

No doubt far more work involved from that point than from Lambert identifying players he may like that we've scouted or looked at.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:16 - Jul 25 with 993 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:04 - Jul 25 by portmanking

We have always been a club of magnitude. We've been one of the top 30 most successful clubs in English football for two generations.

Re. your second paragraph - yes, that's what I just said wasn't it? He's no longer able to fund a club of our size/expectations/traditions.

Football has changed. We are nothing like we once were. Top thirty means nothing anymore, other than in terms of proud memories, and how many current fans even have those memories? Our reputation is in the toilet, our finances are poundshop, our players are a shadow of what we had even under Royal/Magilton.

We are not a club of magnitude. Bournemouth and Burnley are now more important. Let that sink in. Bournemouth. Bigger than us.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:18 - Jul 25 with 987 viewshomer_123

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:14 - Jul 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Why?

Lambert will identify players who he thinks we can get that may improve the side, give an idea about what he thinks they will cost and that's his part done.

The rest would be working out whether there are any complications with the players background, location, character, whether we may have the funds available, speaking to the clubs about their expectations , making a bid, negotiating the fee and add ons, discussing terms and bonuses, getting the player in for a medical and signing the contract.

No doubt far more work involved from that point than from Lambert identifying players he may like that we've scouted or looked at.

What you have described is somewhat more than 'a little bit' involved.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:18 - Jul 25 with 981 viewssparks

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:14 - Jul 25 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Why?

Notably- nothing in these quotes actually says that Evans or O Neil are doing anything wrong, or that Lambert blames them in some way- that is what people are choosing to infer.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:20 - Jul 25 with 966 viewsDanTheMan

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:13 - Jul 25 by sparks

Indeed- which means that any responsible owner cannot simply ignore it and hope for the best.

Aren't web hoping for the best by not investing to get back into the Championship?

We're swallowing money they couldn't possibly have known we were going to get to cover losses when we could have used them to fund some relatively minor improvements to the squad.

I don't think anybody is saying we should be going absolutely mental and go on a spending spree. Just that money that is coming in from player sales is reinvested back into the team.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:20 - Jul 25 with 965 viewshomer_123

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:18 - Jul 25 by sparks

Notably- nothing in these quotes actually says that Evans or O Neil are doing anything wrong, or that Lambert blames them in some way- that is what people are choosing to infer.

I doubt anyone is really surprised by this - we've bene consistently slow/ poor when it comes to recruitment so many years now.

The disappointing aspect is that, arguably, our most important season in many seasons sees us in the same situation again, surely all involved in the club want us to have the best possible chance to promotion.....our current approach isn't really giving us that.

Not surprised, just disappointed that we continue down this road....

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:22 - Jul 25 with 949 viewssparks

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:20 - Jul 25 by homer_123

I doubt anyone is really surprised by this - we've bene consistently slow/ poor when it comes to recruitment so many years now.

The disappointing aspect is that, arguably, our most important season in many seasons sees us in the same situation again, surely all involved in the club want us to have the best possible chance to promotion.....our current approach isn't really giving us that.

Not surprised, just disappointed that we continue down this road....

My point is that we have no idea whether there is some issue - or whether it is just the way of things in the real world... We arent that attractive a prospect now. We dont have stacks of cash. We have to wait for people to explore options, negotiate, enagage in brinkmanship via agents for the best deal etc etc. All these things may well be happening in the background.

And yet everyone simply infers that there is some inherent failing. Im not clear where that conclusion comes from on the information provided.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:24 - Jul 25 with 941 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:22 - Jul 25 by sparks

My point is that we have no idea whether there is some issue - or whether it is just the way of things in the real world... We arent that attractive a prospect now. We dont have stacks of cash. We have to wait for people to explore options, negotiate, enagage in brinkmanship via agents for the best deal etc etc. All these things may well be happening in the background.

And yet everyone simply infers that there is some inherent failing. Im not clear where that conclusion comes from on the information provided.

Exactly.

There's no failing. This is a years old, established pattern for us. It's normal.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:28 - Jul 25 with 926 viewshomer_123

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:22 - Jul 25 by sparks

Whilst I understand what you are saying Sparks - I think we can all agree that, for us, this has been the norm for 5 or 6 seasons now.

There has always been situations in football where deals are concluded very quickly or they take months to do - nothing inherently has changed in that regards.

Add to that our Manager (who knows far more about the machinations of football and transfers) has stated that it's not going quickly enough and then subsequently states 'I'm only involved a little bit' certainly does suggest that the issues either lie with messers Evans and Co and/ or other parties.

Given we've been slow for 5 to 6 years, it's hard not to conclude that we, as a Club, as part of the issue if not fully.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:29 - Jul 25 with 918 viewshomer_123

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:24 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Exactly.

There's no failing. This is a years old, established pattern for us. It's normal.

It might be normal, for us, but clearly it's not helping our situation.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:30 - Jul 25 with 915 viewsActionMan

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:49 - Jul 25 by artsbossbeard

There's no way he came into the job blind. He knew the score, surely?

We all knew..

Evans may have done a number on him selling him a vision he's not kept to. The rumours he's wanted out have persisted since something silly like November. He's under contract and he's also in a weakish position having done a bad job at every club he's had since Norwich, if he leaves us high and dry he's not going to walk into a top paying job elsewhere - his reputation is not great, he might get the Scotland job along the lines but that thing gets passed around like the village bike anyway.
Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:31 - Jul 25 with 908 viewsSpruceMoose

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:29 - Jul 25 by homer_123

It might be normal, for us, but clearly it's not helping our situation.

Of course not, I agree. But I think we have reached a point where I'm no longer surprised by any of it. It's the hope that kills you.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:39 - Jul 25 with 883 viewssparks

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:28 - Jul 25 by homer_123

Whilst I understand what you are saying Sparks - I think we can all agree that, for us, this has been the norm for 5 or 6 seasons now.

There has always been situations in football where deals are concluded very quickly or they take months to do - nothing inherently has changed in that regards.

Add to that our Manager (who knows far more about the machinations of football and transfers) has stated that it's not going quickly enough and then subsequently states 'I'm only involved a little bit' certainly does suggest that the issues either lie with messers Evans and Co and/ or other parties.

Given we've been slow for 5 to 6 years, it's hard not to conclude that we, as a Club, as part of the issue if not fully.

Some fast and some slow... That seems normal.

Unless we have reason to think that someone is doing a bad job, I dont understand the inferences being drawn on so little information.

Its fallacious to say that if Lambert is only involved a bit, then the problems lie with Evans and co. Because there may not be problems- or the problems could be entirely at the feet of agents, other clubs, or simply players playing the waiting game for their preferred deals- which is entirely to be expected.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:50 - Jul 25 with 853 viewshomer_123

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:39 - Jul 25 by sparks

Some fast and some slow... That seems normal.

Unless we have reason to think that someone is doing a bad job, I dont understand the inferences being drawn on so little information.

Its fallacious to say that if Lambert is only involved a bit, then the problems lie with Evans and co. Because there may not be problems- or the problems could be entirely at the feet of agents, other clubs, or simply players playing the waiting game for their preferred deals- which is entirely to be expected.

The point being that Evans & Co are a factor in this - given we've now had issues for years with the speed at which we are able to conclude deals - it's is far from spurious to suggest they won't be part of the issue.

It's not unfair or incorrect to infer they might be at fault.

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:52 - Jul 25 with 853 viewsfactual_blue

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:18 - Jul 25 by homer_123

What you have described is somewhat more than 'a little bit' involved.

In terms of the process of identifying, analysing (due diligence and character assessment) and negotiating a deal, PL is probably right in that his role is limited.

Sounds a very sensible division of labour to me.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 15:53 - Jul 25 with 842 viewsBluefish

Lambert does not sound happy ... on 14:45 - Jul 25 by ITFC_Forever

He's going to walk in the first few weeks / months of the season for those exact reasons.

When you say walk you must mean retire because his record here will never get him another job in football

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024