Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... 12:27 - Jul 29 with 2878 viewsSomethingBlue

Bart/Elliott is an important move for improving the balance of our squad. We need Bart to go; we can't carry him and Holy. And we do need a sh6thouse option up top, much as that might upset the purists. We're not going to get a 20-goal one but I'd fancy Elliott to chip in with a few and hopefully create space for others. It's not a world-beating deal but for this season it's fine and solves a couple of specific problems.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:30 - Jul 29 with 2328 viewschicoazul

Yep, they seem like very good signings and pretty much just what we need.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Exactly. It comes down to on 12:30 - Jul 29 with 2319 viewsBobbychase

Who is the better keeper at the moment? Bart or the lad from Wolves? The latter I'd suggest based on Bart's performances last season and that goal he let in over in Germany. His confidence is clearly shot to bits.

So instead of having our highest earner on the bench not improving his form because he's not playing, he goes out on loan and if he has a good season, could become a sellable asset again.

Meanwhile we get a very promising keeper as back up to Holy.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:30 - Jul 29 with 2317 viewsOldTimer2

Agree, it makes perfect sense and do not see that it really contradicts anything Lambert has said previously

Bobby Robson - thank you

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:32 - Jul 29 with 2280 viewschicoazul

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:30 - Jul 29 by OldTimer2

Agree, it makes perfect sense and do not see that it really contradicts anything Lambert has said previously

Lambert: One or Two Loanees at Most Next Season 8th Apr 2019 15:42
Town boss Paul Lambert is delighted with the attitude shown by the club’s current loan players but says there’ll only be one or two loanees at most at Portman Road next season. 6

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:50 - Jul 29 with 2182 viewsOldTimer2

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:32 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

Town boss Paul Lambert is delighted with the attitude shown by the club’s current loan players but says there’ll only be one or two loanees at most at Portman Road next season. 6

'I can never say never but you won’t have five, that’s for sure, and you won’t have six'

Bobby Robson - thank you

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:52 - Jul 29 with 2172 viewsKieran_Knows

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:50 - Jul 29 by OldTimer2

'I can never say never but you won’t have five, that’s for sure, and you won’t have six'

So just the 3 instead then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:54 - Jul 29 with 2161 viewschicoazul

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:50 - Jul 29 by OldTimer2

And yet conveniently you omit the part about 1 or 2.

"This process of continuous alteration was applied not only to newspapers, but to books, periodicals, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, films, sound-tracks, cartoons, photographs – to every kind of literature or documentation which might conceivably hold any political or ideological significance. Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date."

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:57 - Jul 29 with 2140 viewsSteve_M

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:54 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

"This process of continuous alteration was applied not only to newspapers, but to books, periodicals, pamphlets, posters, leaflets, films, sound-tracks, cartoons, photographs – to every kind of literature or documentation which might conceivably hold any political or ideological significance. Day by day and almost minute by minute the past was brought up to date."

It was a daft comment from Lambert and a very obvious hostage to fortune given how this club is currently run. I'm not quite sure it's worthy of the response it's got today though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:58 - Jul 29 with 2130 viewsWacko

Murphy scored 14 goals in 110 appearances for Sunderland before signing for us. Stats mean nothing

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:59 - Jul 29 with 2119 viewsitfcjoe

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:57 - Jul 29 by Steve_M

It was a daft comment from Lambert and a very obvious hostage to fortune given how this club is currently run. I'm not quite sure it's worthy of the response it's got today though.

I think it is because people are happy to tie themselves in knots as to why it isn't happeneing, when it clearly is

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:59 - Jul 29 with 2114 viewsOldTimer2

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:54 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

We all say things that we probably meant at the time but then circumstances change. Would far rather he used loans where it makes sense than signing random out of contract players on 2-3 year contracts.

As I said elsewhere if he signed a LB/CB to play ahead of Kenlock/Woolfenden then he would deserve stick

Bobby Robson - thank you

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:01 - Jul 29 with 2104 viewsSarge

Were we always this flouncy? There was the massive overreaction to Downes getting sent off in a bloody preseason game and now we’ve got 3 loans when PL said we might only have 2. Boo freakin hoo
Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:04 - Jul 29 with 2061 viewsOldsmoker

We have excellent training facilities for a League 1 club such as a gym and an indoor pitch as well as excellent medical facilities. We are a good destination for clubs looking to loan players out. Cast your mind back to Accrington Stanleys dressing rooms in that FA cup match and that's a reminder that not all clubs can match what Town have. A player from a Premiership club would want all the bells and whistles rather than roughing it. We have attracted quality loans before such as Fraser, Cellini, Lawrence so I hope this years intake will be half-decent too.
BTW - The Brick Outhouse up top would be great. A 6'6" version of Akinfenwa would do me.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:05 - Jul 29 with 2043 viewsSomethingBlue

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:01 - Jul 29 by Sarge

Were we always this flouncy? There was the massive overreaction to Downes getting sent off in a bloody preseason game and now we’ve got 3 loans when PL said we might only have 2. Boo freakin hoo

My thoughts too.

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:06 - Jul 29 with 2030 viewschicoazul

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:57 - Jul 29 by Steve_M

The only thing I can think is that maybe Lambert genuinely did believe that we wouldnt find ourselves in this situation 6 days before the season starts, in which case perhaps he either wasnt paying attention or Evans had assured him otherwise.
On a tangential point if I was Lambert and saw the club generating £2m in pure windfalls that would not have been on any budget and I wasnt given any of it to add to my budget when we have 10 players out injured and it's our biggest season for many many years i'd be fuming.

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:10 - Jul 29 with 2003 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:58 - Jul 29 by Wacko

Murphy scored 14 goals in 110 appearances for Sunderland before signing for us. Stats mean nothing

Murph was playing in the PL, this fella hasn't been.

Not to say he won't do well, as he does seem quite highly regarded in making a pest of himself.

What this does do is partly answer Lambert's problem of not knowing how to set up - this makes 442 a no-brainer now (once Elliott's fit).
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 13:10]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:11 - Jul 29 with 1986 viewsitfcjoe

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:10 - Jul 29 by Swansea_Blue

Murph was playing in the PL, this fella hasn't been.

Not to say he won't do well, as he does seem quite highly regarded in making a pest of himself.

What this does do is partly answer Lambert's problem of not knowing how to set up - this makes 442 a no-brainer now (once Elliott's fit).
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 13:10]

I just don't see us as a 442 side, Lambert never takes long to get away from it as soon as it isn't working - we may as well just persist with one up top if that is his preference and focus on getting the wide players to contribute more.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:22 - Jul 29 with 1911 viewsBobbychase

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:01 - Jul 29 by Sarge

I don't think we were. It's a problem.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:29 - Jul 29 with 1873 viewsSomethingBlue

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:22 - Jul 29 by Bobbychase

I don't think we were. It's a problem.

Society now innit. Things that are just mundane, errrr, things have to be ascribed huge overarching significance.

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:38 - Jul 29 with 1825 viewsDubtractor

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:29 - Jul 29 by SomethingBlue

Society now innit. Things that are just mundane, errrr, things have to be ascribed huge overarching significance.

What's bizarre, is that our utterly shambolic relegation was met with all round indifference, when we probably should have been raging.

Sign a couple of loan players and it's all panic/blame/disgrace.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 14:21 - Jul 29 with 1722 viewsBrixtonBlue

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 12:32 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

The goalposts have moved a bit for Lambert with Bart failing that fitness test. The Elliot/Bart loans are probably linked, the latter being a try-before-you buy. And loaning Norris rather than buying a keeper now makes sense because Bart may come back (and then we'd have too many first choice keepers).

Garbutt's probably a loan with a view to a perm move as well. On the face of it I'd say that was the only one that was intended to be a loan originally, but circumstances changed because of Bart.

And we're still nowhere near the amount of loans we had previously anyway.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 14:27 - Jul 29 with 1711 viewsJ2BLUE

I think it's fair to say that today's business can be judged on what happens next. If we sign a decent CB and perhaps one other on permanent deals then it will look a lot better. If it drags on and we get another couple of loans then the criticism is justified.

Lambert said 1-2 loans. We will have three including the like for like for Bart that he never expected.

For anyone really desperate to have a shot at Lambert, if you have no interest in the context of the situation, feel free to go for it. No one is saying you shouldn't. We'll just quietly consider you a bit thick.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 14:29 - Jul 29 with 1698 viewsBigManBlue

Pretty much every club below the top half of the Prem is going to use a couple of loanees. 3 doesn't seem ridiculous, and at least these ones seem like they've been done to address the needs of the squad.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 14:33 - Jul 29 with 1661 viewsmonty_radio

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:06 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

The only thing I can think is that maybe Lambert genuinely did believe that we wouldnt find ourselves in this situation 6 days before the season starts, in which case perhaps he either wasnt paying attention or Evans had assured him otherwise.
On a tangential point if I was Lambert and saw the club generating £2m in pure windfalls that would not have been on any budget and I wasnt given any of it to add to my budget when we have 10 players out injured and it's our biggest season for many many years i'd be fuming.

'Orthodoxy means not thinking–not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.'

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

that's better on 14:35 - Jul 29 with 1650 viewsDyland

Forget the loan thing for a moment and ... on 13:06 - Jul 29 by chicoazul

nftysc

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024