Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson is a legend 18:53 - Aug 28 with 24676 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I love the man. Big balls.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Boris Johnson is a legend on 04:21 - Aug 29 with 4324 viewsm14_blue

Boris Johnson is a legend on 22:44 - Aug 28 by baxterbasics

It’s a genius move. The only way he’s likely to be stopped is via a vote of no confidence, and the gov have made it clear that they will call an election if such vote is lost. Guess what, the PM decides the election date, and there goes the opportunity to thwart Brexit. And Boris will win that election (though a majority is far from certain).

It’s a perfectly constitutionally proper procedure too. The only reason for the hysteria and apoplexy is because remainers see their chance of scuppering Brexit slipping away.

Parliament has had 3 years to navigate Brexit, and has failed to resolve this. They could have another 3 years and they will still reach no agreement. So this is the only way to get it done.

Finally, it robs the EU of their last hope that the ‘no deal’ threat will be blocked. They are now more likely to find some other offer.

Genius.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 22:46]

Except that this has nothing at all to do with brexit has it?

Unless you’re suggesting that Boris and his entire cabinet are complete and brazen liars who have no hesitation at all I’m treating the people they govern like total idiots?
Boris Johnson is a legend on 04:59 - Aug 29 with 4306 viewsWeWereZombies

Boris Johnson is a legend on 02:44 - Aug 29 by The_Last_Baron

Wash your mouth out with soap laddie.

I'd like to invite you for a beer. Once you've calmed down sir.

Careful Funge, these Barons are all descended from the French, probably drinks Stella...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:10 - Aug 29 with 4274 views26_Paz

Are you feckin stupid? on 23:07 - Aug 28 by jeera

You're a troll.

You're just saying stupid things for the sake of it.

You should be banned for wasting everyone's time.

For the 100th time I’m not a ‘troll’. 17.4 million people voted leave is it really that hard to believe that a couple of them are on here?! Or do you really live in that much of an echo chamber?

The Paz Man

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:11 - Aug 29 with 4270 views26_Paz

Are you feckin stupid? on 23:11 - Aug 28 by SpruceMoose

I make you right. We have a glut of them. Again. Phil needs to swing that banhammer.

You can’t ban people for being conservative brexiteers.

The Paz Man

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:14 - Aug 29 with 4266 views26_Paz

Are you feckin stupid? on 23:05 - Aug 28 by StokieBlue

Clearly not as you're still on here like the rest of us.

It's fine to say you don't have any evidence. Just stop pushing your views as if they are backed by actual substance and facts.

You've been doing it for ages and never respond with actual evidence.

SB

I’ve told you, again, why I support Brexit but you have, again, chosen not to listen because I haven’t posted any links. There are studies out there for and against Brexit. We (should) all know that. In reality they are all useless as nobody knows for sure what will happen. The time has come to just go with it.

The Paz Man

You’re so right on 07:16 - Aug 29 with 4265 views26_Paz

You’re so right on 23:18 - Aug 28 by unstableblue

Wasted my time with long replies

Just a twisted guy enjoying getting a reaction

Troll

Weird

Seriously mate, I’m not a troll. I’ve read your points with interest and appreciate the effort you’ve made. It just so happens that I don’t agree with you, no biggie. Unfortunately there are some on here who seek to shout down or ban all those with whom they disagree. Have a good day mate.

The Paz Man

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:20 - Aug 29 with 4258 viewsgordon

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:14 - Aug 29 by 26_Paz

I’ve told you, again, why I support Brexit but you have, again, chosen not to listen because I haven’t posted any links. There are studies out there for and against Brexit. We (should) all know that. In reality they are all useless as nobody knows for sure what will happen. The time has come to just go with it.

I think you do have to accept that while there are all kinds of other pressing issues that our politicians ought to be addressing, for four years now all we've managed to think about is Brexit. Despite how much time we've spent on it, most people have never heard anyone convincingly explain how it's going to make anyone's lives better, improve our society etc.

I think lots of us are absolutely desperate for someone with some sense to explain what the point of it is, which is why if you do claim to know, people are going to ask you!
You’re so right on 07:22 - Aug 29 with 4255 viewsCoastalblue

You’re so right on 07:16 - Aug 29 by 26_Paz

Seriously mate, I’m not a troll. I’ve read your points with interest and appreciate the effort you’ve made. It just so happens that I don’t agree with you, no biggie. Unfortunately there are some on here who seek to shout down or ban all those with whom they disagree. Have a good day mate.

All you appear to do on the face of it is to post provocative statements in an effort to get someone to bite, rarely if ever does there seem to be any depth or facts attached.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

You’re so right on 07:29 - Aug 29 with 4248 views26_Paz

You’re so right on 07:22 - Aug 29 by Coastalblue

All you appear to do on the face of it is to post provocative statements in an effort to get someone to bite, rarely if ever does there seem to be any depth or facts attached.

Your opinion mate. There’s hundreds of anti Brexit posts on here. When one or two people post some pro Brexit statements there’s always tears before bed time. Just the way it is on here I suppose.

The Paz Man

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:33 - Aug 29 with 4236 views26_Paz

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:20 - Aug 29 by gordon

I think you do have to accept that while there are all kinds of other pressing issues that our politicians ought to be addressing, for four years now all we've managed to think about is Brexit. Despite how much time we've spent on it, most people have never heard anyone convincingly explain how it's going to make anyone's lives better, improve our society etc.

I think lots of us are absolutely desperate for someone with some sense to explain what the point of it is, which is why if you do claim to know, people are going to ask you!

See my early post but broadly I think the main point for me is sovereignty. I do not like the fact that EU law has supremacy. I do not like the fact that MEPs elected in far flung countries have influence over British domestic policy. This is not for xenophobic reasons, it’s because I don’t see how someone in say Poland, Romania or even France can understand what matters to the British people. This is the main reason I support Brexit. I also believe that if managed properly it can bring economic benefits but this is a side issue if I’m completely honest. I’m sure I’ll get called a ‘troll’ for daring to disagree with some of the big shots on here but that’s my honest opinion.

The Paz Man

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:37 - Aug 29 with 4225 viewsStokieBlue

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:14 - Aug 29 by 26_Paz

If that's your response then you've chosen Brexit based on a lie as your first (and this given human psychology) and most likely main point was totally incorrect.

Perhaps you may like to reflect that you've based a decision which will affect this country for decades based on proven fake news.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Boris Johnson is a legend (n/t) on 07:38 - Aug 29 with 4224 viewsmrshallisfit

Boris Johnson is a legend (n/t) on 18:57 - Aug 28 by The_Last_Baron

He will go down in history as a great PM if he gets us out of the corrupt EU and cuts all the tentacles off at the root.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2019 18:58]

And frees us to become a vassal state of modern America. God bless.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 7:47]
Are you feckin stupid? on 07:42 - Aug 29 with 4218 viewsgordon

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:33 - Aug 29 by 26_Paz

See my early post but broadly I think the main point for me is sovereignty. I do not like the fact that EU law has supremacy. I do not like the fact that MEPs elected in far flung countries have influence over British domestic policy. This is not for xenophobic reasons, it’s because I don’t see how someone in say Poland, Romania or even France can understand what matters to the British people. This is the main reason I support Brexit. I also believe that if managed properly it can bring economic benefits but this is a side issue if I’m completely honest. I’m sure I’ll get called a ‘troll’ for daring to disagree with some of the big shots on here but that’s my honest opinion.

Yep, I get that some people don't like the idea of co-operating too closely with other countries. I think the thing that lots of people want to know is how will this actually make people's lives better, society better etc.

Or is the main benefit going to be that some people will feel better, because they won't have to worry about our country having to meet product standards which could be made by people from other countries?
Are you feckin stupid? on 07:50 - Aug 29 with 4208 viewsm14_blue

You won’t get called a troll for that post because it clearly isn’t trolling.

I have some sympathy for the sovereignty argument but can’t see that we will see any practical difference to our lives, other than for people who will want to abuse their new found freedom.

I just can’t begin to understand how people think it’s worth all this, putting their children's future at risk for something which really wasn’t causing anyone a problem in the first place.
Are you feckin stupid? on 07:50 - Aug 29 with 4208 viewsmrshallisfit

Do you feel we are now a sovereign state as far as the US is concerned.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 7:56]
Are you feckin stupid? on 07:59 - Aug 29 with 4200 views26_Paz

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:50 - Aug 29 by mrshallisfit

Do you feel we are now a sovereign state as far as the US is concerned.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 7:56]

The EU have direct influence over our laws. I must have missed the legally binding tie to US law we’re apparently going to sign

The Paz Man

Are you feckin stupid? on 08:00 - Aug 29 with 4198 viewsmrshallisfit

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:50 - Aug 29 by m14_blue

You won’t get called a troll for that post because it clearly isn’t trolling.

I have some sympathy for the sovereignty argument but can’t see that we will see any practical difference to our lives, other than for people who will want to abuse their new found freedom.

I just can’t begin to understand how people think it’s worth all this, putting their children's future at risk for something which really wasn’t causing anyone a problem in the first place.

Brexiteers get really exercised over the question of sovereignty and the EU. But seem sanguine over our relationship with the US. If I had to choose between the unwieldy bureaucracy of the EU or the rancid amoral world plan of Trump I know what I'd go for.
Are you feckin stupid? on 08:07 - Aug 29 with 4190 viewseireblue

That is an argument from emotion not rational based on factual understanding.
Are you feckin stupid? on 08:15 - Aug 29 with 4184 viewsHerbivore

We have a say in forming and agreeing EU legislation and we then choose how we implement that legislation. The idea it is imposed on us is a fallacy. And we still have complete say in a number of areas. Remember when Boris waved that kipper around and said EU laws meant the trader had to post it on an ice pillow and that made it prohibitively expensive to export? That wasn't anything to do with the EU, that was a UK regulation. You've been sold a pup.

Essentially when it comes down to it the argument you're making is an argument from xenophobia. You don't like the idea of foreigners having input into this country and would rather they didn't, even though you can't really say why or say how we will benefit from not being involved in creating and implementing EU-wide legislation.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2019 8:27]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rees Mogg is lying through his teeth... on 08:20 - Aug 29 with 4184 viewsunstableblue

Boris Johnson is a legend on 04:21 - Aug 29 by m14_blue

Except that this has nothing at all to do with brexit has it?

Unless you’re suggesting that Boris and his entire cabinet are complete and brazen liars who have no hesitation at all I’m treating the people they govern like total idiots?

... bare faced lies... on the radio this morning... if the OP’s point is valid

All about party conference season innit it

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Are you feckin stupid? on 08:23 - Aug 29 with 4178 viewsartsbossbeard

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:11 - Aug 29 by 26_Paz

You can’t ban people for being conservative brexiteers.

Hi Paz

I hope you're well.

Quick q: As a Brexiteer, do you feel that a No Deal Brexit is what you actually voted for and therefore you can continue to support your decision to leave?

A civil question, I'm sure you'll agree.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Are you feckin stupid? on 08:34 - Aug 29 with 4155 views26_Paz

Are you feckin stupid? on 08:23 - Aug 29 by artsbossbeard

Hi Paz

I hope you're well.

Quick q: As a Brexiteer, do you feel that a No Deal Brexit is what you actually voted for and therefore you can continue to support your decision to leave?

A civil question, I'm sure you'll agree.

Hi mate, perfectly civil and no issues answering.
When I voted to leave the EU I assumed this included all its institutions. I did not vote to leave the EU but stay in the single market, customs union or any other such element, that was not on the ballot paper. I therefore feel that no deal is indeed what I voted for.
Hope you’re well too mate.

The Paz Man

Are you feckin stupid? on 08:40 - Aug 29 with 4135 viewsartsbossbeard

Are you feckin stupid? on 08:34 - Aug 29 by 26_Paz

When I voted to leave the EU I assumed this included all its institutions. I did not vote to leave the EU but stay in the single market, customs union or any other such element, that was not on the ballot paper. I therefore feel that no deal is indeed what I voted for.

Cheers.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Are you feckin stupid? on 08:41 - Aug 29 with 4132 viewsmrshallisfit

Are you feckin stupid? on 07:59 - Aug 29 by 26_Paz

The EU have direct influence over our laws. I must have missed the legally binding tie to US law we’re apparently going to sign

Do you think in a post-Brexit future our economic, political and foreign policy legislation will be heavily influenced/ controlled by Washington?
Are you feckin stupid? on 08:42 - Aug 29 with 4130 viewsHerbivore

Are you feckin stupid? on 08:34 - Aug 29 by 26_Paz

Ah, so you totally ignored the vote leave campaign then. Fair dos.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024