Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
omg emily thornberry just said 23:27 - Sep 5 with 22883 viewsTrequartista

If labour win an election they will negotiate a new deal with the eu and then have a referendum and campaign against the deal they have negiotiated.

Now i know the twtd bubble is only concerned with booting johnson but back in the real world the weakest most chaotic government in history is about 8 points clear of labour. And with statements like the aforementioned how can they expect anyone to vote for that?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

omg emily thornberry just said on 17:44 - Sep 6 with 2968 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

omg emily thornberry just said on 16:45 - Sep 6 by BrixtonBlue

I mean, yeah, in those two small areas the Lib Dems took some of the Labour vote. Well done them.

A General Election across the whole country is a very different kettle of pyjamas.

There is something fishy about those pyjamas.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

omg emily thornberry just said on 09:48 - Sep 7 with 2928 viewspbishop1799

Boris Johnson was a successful mayor of London for 8 years. Re-elected, in a pretty left-wing city. No one really brings that up anymore.
omg emily thornberry just said on 09:59 - Sep 7 with 2918 viewsm14_blue

omg emily thornberry just said on 09:48 - Sep 7 by pbishop1799

Boris Johnson was a successful mayor of London for 8 years. Re-elected, in a pretty left-wing city. No one really brings that up anymore.

Paul Hurst was really highly rated a year ago

Things change.

If anyone thinks Boris holds any residual affection from 8 years ago then they are completely deluded.
omg emily thornberry just said on 10:31 - Sep 7 with 2888 viewspbishop1799

omg emily thornberry just said on 09:59 - Sep 7 by m14_blue

Paul Hurst was really highly rated a year ago

Things change.

If anyone thinks Boris holds any residual affection from 8 years ago then they are completely deluded.

Not suggesting people have 'residual affection' at all. Just pointing out that it's a bit preposterous - of the media and opinion makers - to describe him in the way they have been. As a member of the hard-right, as a fascist, dictator etc. Extremely silly to me.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 10:32]
omg emily thornberry just said on 10:36 - Sep 7 with 2879 viewsgiant_stow

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:31 - Sep 7 by pbishop1799

Not suggesting people have 'residual affection' at all. Just pointing out that it's a bit preposterous - of the media and opinion makers - to describe him in the way they have been. As a member of the hard-right, as a fascist, dictator etc. Extremely silly to me.

He's changed since those days - his message then was soft right and inclusive as that was the only way to get elected here. Now his audience has changed, so has he to match.

btw, you're not *the* paddy bishop are you?!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:39 - Sep 7 with 2873 viewsHerbivore

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:31 - Sep 7 by pbishop1799

Most of the media are going incredibly easy on him. After possibly the most disastrous few days a PM has ever experienced, the headlines in the tabloids and the Telegraph were all about Corbyn being a 'chicken'. It's incredible the level of incompetence and dishonesty you can get away with when you and the press are in each other's pockets.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:52 - Sep 7 with 2857 viewsGlasgowBlue

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:39 - Sep 7 by Herbivore

Most of the media are going incredibly easy on him. After possibly the most disastrous few days a PM has ever experienced, the headlines in the tabloids and the Telegraph were all about Corbyn being a 'chicken'. It's incredible the level of incompetence and dishonesty you can get away with when you and the press are in each other's pockets.

The right wing press will go easy on him the left wing press the opposite,

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/05/pm-cornered-how-the-papers-cove

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:54 - Sep 7 with 2856 viewsHerbivore

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:52 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

The right wing press will go easy on him the left wing press the opposite,

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/05/pm-cornered-how-the-papers-cove

So the Guardian basically.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:34 - Sep 7 with 2836 viewsGlasgowBlue

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:54 - Sep 7 by Herbivore

So the Guardian basically.

And The Mirror. I don’t think you read the link. This was in there

The Scottish Sun and Record up here have hammered him.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 11:38]

Iron Lion Zion

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:40 - Sep 7 with 2827 viewsBackToRussia

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:34 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

And The Mirror. I don’t think you read the link. This was in there

The Scottish Sun and Record up here have hammered him.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 11:38]

I think the BBC have been VERY sympathetic to Boris. The headline about Jo Johnson was up for about an hour before it was replaced by "Boris attacks Corbyn" with accompanying pic of Boris pointing aggressively.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:52 - Sep 7 with 2812 viewsGlasgowBlue

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:40 - Sep 7 by BackToRussia

I think the BBC have been VERY sympathetic to Boris. The headline about Jo Johnson was up for about an hour before it was replaced by "Boris attacks Corbyn" with accompanying pic of Boris pointing aggressively.

The beauty of the Beeb is that people on the left think it’s biased against them and people on the right think the same. That’s a good indicator that it is fair and balanced.

But the point remains, the RW press will be sympathetic to a Tory leader and the left wing press will be hostile. There are more right wing rags than there are lw. But that’s always been the way.

Iron Lion Zion

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:57 - Sep 7 with 2806 viewsDarth_Koont

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:40 - Sep 7 by BackToRussia

Agreed. The Beeb is overall passive but their "even-handedness" looks for an equivalence that isn't there.

Our actual, real-life government has been a shambles for the past three or four years in words and deeds, and they've made it all part of the cut and thrust of the political game.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 11:57]

Pronouns: He/Him

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:59 - Sep 7 with 2800 viewsBackToRussia

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:52 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

The beauty of the Beeb is that people on the left think it’s biased against them and people on the right think the same. That’s a good indicator that it is fair and balanced.

But the point remains, the RW press will be sympathetic to a Tory leader and the left wing press will be hostile. There are more right wing rags than there are lw. But that’s always been the way.

I broadly agree about the BBC and was once a big fan, but I often wonder about their website and how they choose to display the headlines.

They were also caught out referring to McDonnell as "an ally of Jeremy Corbyn" rather than "shadow Chancellor" on Radio 4. It's stuff like that that adds up over time.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

omg emily thornberry just said on 12:03 - Sep 7 with 2785 viewsbrogansnose

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:59 - Sep 7 by BackToRussia

I broadly agree about the BBC and was once a big fan, but I often wonder about their website and how they choose to display the headlines.

They were also caught out referring to McDonnell as "an ally of Jeremy Corbyn" rather than "shadow Chancellor" on Radio 4. It's stuff like that that adds up over time.

Channel 4 news. Much better all round.
omg emily thornberry just said on 12:56 - Sep 7 with 2755 viewspointofblue

To me Brexit could have a better chance of being solved by cooperating with the Commons. Even now those who are looking to negotiate with the EU first, who I think are tired of discussing matters which may not get through Parliament anyway. Agree to something in the Commons, talk to the EU, pass any proposed amendments back to a Commons vote and so on.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

omg emily thornberry just said on 13:18 - Sep 7 with 2738 viewsDarth_Koont

omg emily thornberry just said on 12:56 - Sep 7 by pointofblue

To me Brexit could have a better chance of being solved by cooperating with the Commons. Even now those who are looking to negotiate with the EU first, who I think are tired of discussing matters which may not get through Parliament anyway. Agree to something in the Commons, talk to the EU, pass any proposed amendments back to a Commons vote and so on.

In principle, I'd agree but the opportunity for that has passed and we just need to take Brexit off the agenda. May only looked for that consensus as a last desperate attempt in the final months of her appalling tenure, but the extreme rhetoric around the red lines, the time pressure and the fumbled negotiations with the EU were stacked against us - and still are.

By all means people can be free to revisit it and try and get elected on a Leave platform if they want. But we need to retreat and regroup at this stage.

We'll just have to deal with the zealots that will call this undemocratic and ignore the reality of the past 3 years, including their own role when they could have voted through the Withdrawal Agreement. Because whether we leave or remain, they will still be the same vocal minority talking nationalistic, British Empire nonsense and pushing for disastrous trade deals and international partnerships.

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:22 - Sep 7 with 2696 viewsGlasgowBlue

omg emily thornberry just said on 13:18 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

In principle, I'd agree but the opportunity for that has passed and we just need to take Brexit off the agenda. May only looked for that consensus as a last desperate attempt in the final months of her appalling tenure, but the extreme rhetoric around the red lines, the time pressure and the fumbled negotiations with the EU were stacked against us - and still are.

By all means people can be free to revisit it and try and get elected on a Leave platform if they want. But we need to retreat and regroup at this stage.

We'll just have to deal with the zealots that will call this undemocratic and ignore the reality of the past 3 years, including their own role when they could have voted through the Withdrawal Agreement. Because whether we leave or remain, they will still be the same vocal minority talking nationalistic, British Empire nonsense and pushing for disastrous trade deals and international partnerships.

Looks like a tweaked version of May’s deal is a real possibility.

Iron Lion Zion

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:28 - Sep 7 with 2690 viewsSpruceMoose

omg emily thornberry just said on 10:36 - Sep 7 by giant_stow

He's changed since those days - his message then was soft right and inclusive as that was the only way to get elected here. Now his audience has changed, so has he to match.

btw, you're not *the* paddy bishop are you?!

It's almost like Johnson has no principles or core beliefs beyond 'Boris' whatsoever.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:30 - Sep 7 with 2686 viewsSpruceMoose

omg emily thornberry just said on 11:57 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. The Beeb is overall passive but their "even-handedness" looks for an equivalence that isn't there.

Our actual, real-life government has been a shambles for the past three or four years in words and deeds, and they've made it all part of the cut and thrust of the political game.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 11:57]

They have been especially guilty of undeserving balance when it comes to thing like global heating too.

"Oh we have a climate scientist on? Better get Lawson on as well"

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:39 - Sep 7 with 2681 viewsDarth_Koont

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:22 - Sep 7 by GlasgowBlue

Looks like a tweaked version of May’s deal is a real possibility.

We'll see. If we're now saying we can define a consensus Brexit, which I'm not convinced about at all then we should be having a referendum on it.

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:48 - Sep 7 with 2670 viewsBigManBlue

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:30 - Sep 7 by SpruceMoose

They have been especially guilty of undeserving balance when it comes to thing like global heating too.

"Oh we have a climate scientist on? Better get Lawson on as well"

Yep, sometimes they seem to mistake equivalence for balance. Because we've had 5 minutes of provable facts, we need 5 minutes of some nutjob spouting the opposite to even it out...

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:48 - Sep 7 with 2669 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:39 - Sep 7 by Darth_Koont

We'll see. If we're now saying we can define a consensus Brexit, which I'm not convinced about at all then we should be having a referendum on it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:54 - Sep 7 with 2656 viewsGlasgowBlue

Stephen Kinnock reckons he has 30 labour votes for MV4 (May/Kinnock) that were not there on MV3. Add them to the number who voted for MV3 and it squeaks through. Completely takes the ERG out of the equation. And Boris can get an election based on the fact that he took us out before Oct 31 with a deal.

Of course it won’t be enough to keep Farage happy so he’ll have a tough fight against Brexit party candidates but if we are out then I can’t see much point in voting for them.

Alternatively there is the Kyle-Wilson amendment which has a second referendum attached to it but I can’t see enough Tory support for that.

Iron Lion Zion

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:54 - Sep 7 with 2655 viewsGaryCooper

Why has Jeremy completed such a 180?
omg emily thornberry just said on 14:57 - Sep 7 with 2644 viewsDarth_Koont

omg emily thornberry just said on 14:48 - Sep 7 by BanksterDebtSlave

No, the roundabout is us pretending the original referendum actually gave an answer to what the British people wanted.

After 3 years it's time to get off.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024