Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else 13:52 - Dec 9 with 4212 viewsSteve_M

Anyone who votes for him votes thinking he'll keep his promises should have been paying more attention. And that goes for the ERG zealots as much as the general public.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:16 - Dec 9 with 949 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:11 - Dec 9 by eireblue

Dr Yvette Oade, chief medical officer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, said: "Our hospitals are extremely busy at the moment and we are very sorry that Jack's family had a long wait in our emergency department.
"We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family."

As I said, it could well be fake news. That said, if there were chairs then why was he put on the floor which is probably the worst place in terms of hygiene for him to be?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:19 - Dec 9 with 951 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:14 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A vote for another party is a vote for that party, not anyone else. People should not be made to feel guilty for voting for their preferred candidate/party, just because it’s not the right non-Tory option

They shouldn't be made to feel guilty, if they are good people they should look at the past 9 years, look at Johnson and his cabinet, and feel the guilt naturally.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:20 - Dec 9 with 948 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:16 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

As I said, it could well be fake news. That said, if there were chairs then why was he put on the floor which is probably the worst place in terms of hygiene for him to be?

Because you can't lay down on a chair maybe?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:24 - Dec 9 with 944 viewsDubtractor

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:16 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

Come on man, you;re better than this. Helping to spread a clearly false narrative that tries to discredit the story.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:26 - Dec 9 with 927 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:24 - Dec 9 by Dubtractor

Come on man, you;re better than this. Helping to spread a clearly false narrative that tries to discredit the story.

You're right. I read a lot of chatter but shouldn't have posted it without verification. Edited.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:26 - Dec 9 with 940 viewseireblue

Hmmmm, if something could be fake news, would it be best not to spread potentially fake news?

I am not a medical practitioner, but he was given a bed when he first arrIved.

Would a child with pneumonia be bit tired, and more comfortable lying down?

I don’t know.
Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:30 - Dec 9 with 925 viewsBlueBadger

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 20:47 - Dec 9 by jas0999

That’s a matter of opinion isn’t it? I’m bored of folk not debating Corbyn as well. Madness. He’s no better than Johnson in my opinion. Both not fit to be PM. Yet every day, people defend Corbyn and slate Johnson. Can’t understand the defence of Corbyn personally.

It's not. I can demonstrate to 4 decimal places why you're an idiot.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:36 - Dec 9 with 920 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:19 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

They shouldn't be made to feel guilty, if they are good people they should look at the past 9 years, look at Johnson and his cabinet, and feel the guilt naturally.

I’m talking about people voting for other parties

People that vote for say the Green Party shouldn’t feel any more guilty about the result than someone that votes Labour, quite clearly

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:38 - Dec 9 with 910 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:14 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A vote for another party is a vote for that party, not anyone else. People should not be made to feel guilty for voting for their preferred candidate/party, just because it’s not the right non-Tory option

I see your point and I wish there was more truth in it. As I have posted previously if enough people feel the same way and vote with their best option they would potentially get in. I also think everyone should vote. If you cannot bring yourself to vote for either serious candidate in a constituency (or one of the 3 in those rare cases) you should vote for the one that best represents you.

However, it is the first past the post, single non-transferable vote system that means many constituencies are clearly an either or and a vote for someone else is an abstention on what will count.

My intention is not to feel anyone feel guilty (except perhaps anyone who voted against better representation in the referendum on it). I also understand there are reasons why some choose not to vote and accept there are valid reasons.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:40 - Dec 9 with 892 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:36 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

People that vote for say the Green Party shouldn’t feel any more guilty about the result than someone that votes Labour, quite clearly

How does a party like the Greens or Lib Dems get enough support to eventually form a government? By building support at each election. Progression.

Of course it's not going to happen at this election. Or the next. But the smaller parties have the right to field candidates and the voters have a]every right to vote for them.

Far too many people are trying to make this country a two party state.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:43 - Dec 9 with 899 viewsHARRY10

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:26 - Dec 9 by eireblue

Hmmmm, if something could be fake news, would it be best not to spread potentially fake news?

I am not a medical practitioner, but he was given a bed when he first arrIved.

Would a child with pneumonia be bit tired, and more comfortable lying down?

I don’t know.

"Jack was rushed to hospital in an ambulance and given a bed in the paediatric emergency department, but later staff at the hospital had to move him out of the bed because of an emergency case — an episode in clinical juggling taking place every day in every hospital across the country."

The real concern here is how quick the right were to try and rubbish this story, before the full facts were known. Just as they did with the alleged attack on Hancock, which turned out not be be an attack.

One of the notably whines from the right has been the failing of democracy if an advisory is not changed from bring advisory. Yet here we have an election campaign where not only rightwing politicians are happy to lie on a daily basis, 52 more murders under Labour, a website pretending to be from Labour, with the right wing press joining in as well with a scurrilous story about Corbyn that was quickly pulled from the Sun on saturday.

What part of the democratic process requires a blatant level of lying and misrepresentation that smacks more of North Korea than it does the UK ?

I can only ask Tory voters what would be their response were this barrage of deceit to be coming from the progressive side of this campaign. Because that answer goes right to the core of personal integrity.
Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:43 - Dec 9 with 896 viewsm14_blue

Jesus Christ GB, I expected better from you.

Anyone who looks at that picture and blames the parents for putting him on the floor, rather than despairing at the system that forced them to, is beyond reason.
Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:46 - Dec 9 with 889 viewsjeera

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:36 - Dec 9 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That is true enough.

But [from my point of view] I cannot help but feel that people I have seen on here, and those I know in real life can feck off and do one in future, as there seems to be a determination to vote for someone [and their party] who is actively trying to hurt me and others who are in need of a bit of understanding right now.

I've worked 30 years straight - I'm not lazy - I've stood out there winter after winter and got on with things. I bought my first house when I was 21. I'm not the brightest but I'm not a complete douche either. I got ill and have been screwed over by this government every single day since.

And there's lots of normal people like me who just want to get well and back to work and contribute and have their own independence again.

What I have found is the opposite to help. I have found nothing short of abuse, frankly. Over and over...

I can't help but take that personally when these bastards are now shamelessly lying to buy themselves another term of damage. I hate them.

Then I see people banging about fecking Corbyn this, Corbyn that all the time. Utter, deluded idiots. And then if you can see what's going on you're the one who gets accused of being blinded! It's weird mate.

I get your point btw. Fine, vote Green. You could do a damn sight worse than that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:46 - Dec 9 with 889 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:40 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

How does a party like the Greens or Lib Dems get enough support to eventually form a government? By building support at each election. Progression.

Of course it's not going to happen at this election. Or the next. But the smaller parties have the right to field candidates and the voters have a]every right to vote for them.

Far too many people are trying to make this country a two party state.

When did we last have a government that is neither Tory nor Labour?

It is not trying to make it a two party system as much as the problems of moving away from a 2 party system.

I think the most likely way to move away from it would be reform of the electoral system. That isn't going to happen any time soon either.

I do get your point, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 22:21 - Dec 9 with 848 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:26 - Dec 9 by GlasgowBlue

You're right. I read a lot of chatter but shouldn't have posted it without verification. Edited.

It's ok we're used to it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 22:38 - Dec 9 with 827 viewsghostofescobar

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 20:18 - Dec 9 by LeoMuff

and it truly was different before 2010, the NHS has been utter run down by nearly a decade of the Tories and now come election time they have the cheek to announce some spending.

These stunts put the direct consequences of these cuts into the public eye, otherwise people who don’t use the services genuinely think this is scaremongering.

I had to have a quick double read when I saw the words “cuts”. Thought it might have had an “n” in it, but both words work!!

GhostOfEscobar

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 22:43 - Dec 9 with 810 viewsjaykay

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:43 - Dec 9 by m14_blue

Anyone who looks at that picture and blames the parents for putting him on the floor, rather than despairing at the system that forced them to, is beyond reason.

you can take the g.b. out of tory but you can't take tory out of g.b.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 07:47 - Dec 10 with 743 viewsGlasgowBlue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:43 - Dec 9 by m14_blue

Yeah I accept that my comment was ill judged. I have 4 kids, all of whom at one stage or another have spent time waiting at A&E. At each time, either my wife or I have cradled our kids in our arms and would not have dreamed of putting them on the floor.

That said, I wasn’t at the hospital in Leeds and have no idea how either the child or parent were feeling or the chain of events that lead to the poor lad being placed on the floor.

As a parent I was tying to get my head around the situation but accept that being ignorant of the circumstances I should have kept my thoughts to myself.

Iron Lion Zion

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 07:54 - Dec 10 with 733 viewsm14_blue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 07:47 - Dec 10 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah I accept that my comment was ill judged. I have 4 kids, all of whom at one stage or another have spent time waiting at A&E. At each time, either my wife or I have cradled our kids in our arms and would not have dreamed of putting them on the floor.

That said, I wasn’t at the hospital in Leeds and have no idea how either the child or parent were feeling or the chain of events that lead to the poor lad being placed on the floor.

As a parent I was tying to get my head around the situation but accept that being ignorant of the circumstances I should have kept my thoughts to myself.

Fair enough, nice one. We’ve all done it.
Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 12:18 - Dec 10 with 688 viewsRyorry

Nurse who works there & who I've spoken with personally about it, confirmed it as a true story. Probably why the hosp. was (dis)honoured by the visit of the Health Sec.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 12:27]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 13:19 - Dec 10 with 669 viewschicoazul

It turns out that this young fella was sent to A&E by ambulance when he had suspected-pneumonia which turned out to be flu and tonsilities, bypassed A&E and was given a bed immediately, his family was asked to give it up as a real emergency came in, and he lay on the floor of a clinical room as he found it more comfortable rather than an offered-chair.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/people/it-was-chaos-shocking-photo-s
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 13:21]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 19:32 - Dec 10 with 610 viewseireblue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 13:19 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

It turns out that this young fella was sent to A&E by ambulance when he had suspected-pneumonia which turned out to be flu and tonsilities, bypassed A&E and was given a bed immediately, his family was asked to give it up as a real emergency came in, and he lay on the floor of a clinical room as he found it more comfortable rather than an offered-chair.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/people/it-was-chaos-shocking-photo-s

If you don’t mind me saying so, that is a pretty dickish post from you.

Compare what is in the article to what you posted.
Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 20:15 - Dec 10 with 584 viewsnoggin

And then there's this nasty terrorist fellow.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 23:20 - Dec 10 with 548 viewsMVBlue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 21:46 - Dec 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

When did we last have a government that is neither Tory nor Labour?

It is not trying to make it a two party system as much as the problems of moving away from a 2 party system.

I think the most likely way to move away from it would be reform of the electoral system. That isn't going to happen any time soon either.

I do get your point, though.

Had to just read through the posts, and seeing this Needed to point out that:

WE HAD A COALITION, IT SAVED US FROM THR WORST TORY CUTS. 2010-2015.
But the Tories screwed them, and their green policies got stopped and austery ramped up, when Cameron said the Only the Tories would give an EU referrendum AND THEN WE ENDED UP IN THIS MESS.

A coalition would be a good thing.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 00:34 - Dec 11 with 528 viewsm14_blue

Boris Johnson here demonstrating how much of a toss he gives about anyone else on 13:19 - Dec 10 by chicoazul

It doesn’t ‘turn out’ that way at all, that’s always been the story reported by the parents and confirmed by the hospital.

You’ve put forward a really selective and misleading take from the article and I’m not even sure to what end?

The story is true, the photo is real, the child was on the floor because there weren’t any beds for him. Are you suggesting that, because it eventually turned out that he didn’t have pneumonia, it doesn’t really matter?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024