Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rate your 2019 08:34 - Dec 11 with 4992 viewsartsbossbeard

Work: Made a bit of an error in moving from corporate life to a small business with an owner who only wants to work how he’s always worked. Lovely little firm but it’s not for me.

Family: All good, and whilst we’ve lost a couple of decent people this year in my circle of friends, family hasn’t been affected, which is a decent compromise. Father-in-law is far from well though, so that leads us into a worry in 2020.

Travel: Had an amazing year in fairness, visited relations in Australia and it was ace. A real highlight for 2019 for the family and I. Had a couple of weeks on the Turkish Med, a long weekend in Southern Spain and a raucous weekend in Amsterdam to include seeing Underworld, drinking way too much and generally not taking good care of my heart and liver.

Health: None too shabby. Still playing footy. Enjoying cycling/spinning. No major medical issues.

Overall, a satisfying 8.9789/10

Whataboutu?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Rate your 2019 on 10:15 - Dec 11 with 1563 viewsLummylum

Work: After finishing uni in June last year I was a bit worried about where I'd end up, did engineering but didn't really care which area of it I wanted to go into. Ended up getting a job in quality in a small-ish company in Luton and moving from home in Maldon up to my aunt's near Sandy, then commuting each day which started getting to me a little bit as she worked til 8 and I left early so didn't really see anyone. Ended up moving into a house with girlfriend in Leighton Buzzard in March and since then ended up getting a promotion so it's ended up being better than I thought it ever could be.

Family: Lost 3 grandparents in 2018 and girlfriend went into hospital for 3 weeks with mental health problems in December. Uncle had a heart attack and said a few worrying things about it in June, but this year I haven't lost anyone and moved into a house. Both got a fresh start away from family feuds and bad friendships that were subconsciously hurting us more than we knew. So apart from general worries, ok.

Travel: Mental year. Iceland in March for a long weekend, Amsterdam in June, Crete in September and just been to Disney Paris for 3 nights. Disappointingly next year's gonna be quieter as I've had enough of paying someone else's mortgage, so gonna try and save ridiculous amounts of money to then throw at a bank.

Health: Largely OK, rolled my ankle and heard a click at the end of August which is still giving us a bit of jip, probably should have done something about it but didn't bother going to the doctor's cos life was too busy.

Overall: A bit stressful but probably the most adult I've ever felt which could be a good thing, could be a bad thing. First Christmas in a house of my own is pretty damn cool so it's a strong 8/10.
Rate your 2019 on 10:16 - Dec 11 with 1560 viewsBlueBadger

Work: started the year in one I was in something of a rut with, having been doing it for 12 years. Since changed roles and whilst immensely challenging, I'm probably working the best job I've ever had right now.

Family: bit of a mixed bag. Had dad's 70th, sister's 40th and The Lad's 21st all in this year but Father-In-Law has had a serious illness the latter half of this year. Good news is, he's on the mend and likely to be home in a week or so. Mrs B has had some ongoing health issues as well, but that's all now resolving nicely too.

Travel: Restricted to Portugal visiting in-laws, as if that's somehow a BAD thing.

Health: See 'family'.

7.5/10

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rate your 2019 on 10:21 - Dec 11 with 1546 viewsSwansea_Blue

Work: sh*te

Family: ok, dad struggling (& in his 80s now)

Travel: Probably the highlight - interrailing around Europe, otherwise pretty sh*te

Health: pretty sh*te, fitness totally gone, drinking too much

Overall, pretty sh*te, 3/10

Roll on next year
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 10:32]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Rate your 2019 on 10:27 - Dec 11 with 1528 viewsDanTheMan

Rate your 2019 on 10:15 - Dec 11 by Lummylum

Work: After finishing uni in June last year I was a bit worried about where I'd end up, did engineering but didn't really care which area of it I wanted to go into. Ended up getting a job in quality in a small-ish company in Luton and moving from home in Maldon up to my aunt's near Sandy, then commuting each day which started getting to me a little bit as she worked til 8 and I left early so didn't really see anyone. Ended up moving into a house with girlfriend in Leighton Buzzard in March and since then ended up getting a promotion so it's ended up being better than I thought it ever could be.

Family: Lost 3 grandparents in 2018 and girlfriend went into hospital for 3 weeks with mental health problems in December. Uncle had a heart attack and said a few worrying things about it in June, but this year I haven't lost anyone and moved into a house. Both got a fresh start away from family feuds and bad friendships that were subconsciously hurting us more than we knew. So apart from general worries, ok.

Travel: Mental year. Iceland in March for a long weekend, Amsterdam in June, Crete in September and just been to Disney Paris for 3 nights. Disappointingly next year's gonna be quieter as I've had enough of paying someone else's mortgage, so gonna try and save ridiculous amounts of money to then throw at a bank.

Health: Largely OK, rolled my ankle and heard a click at the end of August which is still giving us a bit of jip, probably should have done something about it but didn't bother going to the doctor's cos life was too busy.

Overall: A bit stressful but probably the most adult I've ever felt which could be a good thing, could be a bad thing. First Christmas in a house of my own is pretty damn cool so it's a strong 8/10.

Should be 10/10 for living in Leighton Buzzard.

/s

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Rate your 2019 on 10:35 - Dec 11 with 1514 viewsPendejo

Overall rating... mustn't grumble...

Work:
Started year in self-sufficient niche department, then along came redundancies. Our line manager got the chop and we were absorbed into a bigger Department.
Then some clown has sub-divided our Department, and moved the bulk of the staff to another location 16 miles away. Decimating the pool of holiday cover available... I have 9 days holiday still to use. Having to sell back 4 and carry 5 into new year.

Family:
Father has been diagnosed with Alzheimers, hearing ask who it was when I spoke to him on the phone was a very sad moment.
Sister has split up with her husband after almost 30 years together and immediately stopped the sale of father's house so she could move into it.
The intention had been to sell house and father make lifetime divvy up of his estate.

Travel:
Think we only got around to 2 weeks in Colombia, see in-laws do some touristy stuff
Oh and 3rd appearance at Edwardstone's BBQ

Health:
I'm still here, though the level of medication is increasing by the year.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Rate your 2019 on 10:49 - Dec 11 with 1499 viewsLummylum

Rate your 2019 on 10:27 - Dec 11 by DanTheMan

Should be 10/10 for living in Leighton Buzzard.

/s

It's a nice quiet little place, the Leighton Buzzard bit is a 10/10.
It's the driving into the outskirts of Bury Park 5 days a week bit that brings it down a bit.
Are you round this way?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 10:50]
Rate your 2019 on 10:51 - Dec 11 with 1492 viewsWeWereZombies

Positives: I'm still alive
Negatives: I'm still alive

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Rate your 2019 on 10:52 - Dec 11 with 1495 viewsitfcjoe

Work: Mostly good but frustrating. Company does well, lots of challenges, lots of exciting opportunities but still a family business and working with parents not always easy. No real idea of how the company is passed over despite needing to be started to and no real support in that matter. No planning, just waiting and hoping it works itself out is the policy which is frustrating for me. But I can't really complain on the whole.

Passed all modules on my degree so far, one assignment I need to do this weekend and then I'm into last semester and dissertation then done. WHich will be a big weight of shoulders, and a big achievement.

Family: 2 little ones now, and been a great year with them, Mrs itfcjoe goes back to work in January which is a shame as makes things harder but great perspective on life with them.

Had massive issues with my niece, or more accurately my wife has which I've had to hear and support on constantly. All starts when SiL splits up with partner (not the father), and has become one long battle over childcare. Taken away by him and denied access until it gets inconvenient, back through the courts, massive blow ups, nothing has really changed but her Dad has really destroyed relationships between niece and my wife, her Mum and her sister and it's just been draining. All totally unnecessary but all very damaging.

Travel: Not a huge amount - great 2 weeks in Cyprus with just the 4 of us which I wish I could do every month! Nice weekend without kids in Amsterdam, but mostly UK based. Go to Edinburgh next week which will be cold!

Health: Getting there with fitness, will never get there but going int he right direction

Overall: Despite issues me and my direct family are happy, healthy and content with no real financial worries so at least an 8/10 despite any frustrations I have.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Rate your 2019 on 11:05 - Dec 11 with 1464 viewsDanTheMan

Rate your 2019 on 10:49 - Dec 11 by Lummylum

It's a nice quiet little place, the Leighton Buzzard bit is a 10/10.
It's the driving into the outskirts of Bury Park 5 days a week bit that brings it down a bit.
Are you round this way?
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 10:50]

Grew up around Leighton Buzzard / Stoke Hammond.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Rate your 2019 on 11:13 - Dec 11 with 1457 viewswkj

Rate your 2019 on 10:51 - Dec 11 by WeWereZombies

Cheer up mate.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rate your 2019 on 11:13 - Dec 11 with 1456 viewswkj

Steady on mate.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rate your 2019 on 11:54 - Dec 11 with 1427 viewsbritbiker

Work - have been self employed for most of my life. Worked ridiculous hours including paperwork into very late evenings every night. Have great clients but no chance to enjoy social life as never away from work. Have put my family into a fairly secure financial position but not enough to be able to retire.

Found out both knees are damaged probably due to work or years of sport. Lungs working but getting worse due to work conditions.

Have made the decision to change occupations completely into a cleaner environment and also employed. Bit scary but have always had a good work ethic so no reason why it won't be successful. Being at home before7pm without loads of paperwork will be a delight.

Holidays. Only take a couple of weeks off in the UK so finally having real paid hoildays will feel bizarre.

Upside going forward is healthier working conditions. More family time, paid holidays and getting similar pay for 15 hours less work per week.

Downside is not seeing Ipswich on Saturday's. Having to learn a whole new trade.

6/10 out of necessity this year but hopefully that will turn into at least a 8+/10 going forward.
Rate your 2019 on 12:28 - Dec 11 with 1404 viewstractordownsouth

Work: Spent the first 9 months of the year at Mencap, I have many hilarious stories and am looking forward to working there again over Christmas. Not 100% convinced by doing my uni course at this time and I may defer in June but overall quite good

Friends/ Family: Met a good group of uni mates in my flat and the one above. Also met my girlfriend through uni - she’s just bought us Bristol Rovers v Town tickets for my Christmas present (when they come out) which is rather nice of her.

Hobbies: Released an EP and single, my launch night was brilliant, the pub was packed. Haven’t played as much football this year as I’d like.

Health: Mental state is better but have experienced a lot of tiredness again despite going to bed at a reasonable time and not really being a drinker. Going to have a test for anemia.

Overall 8/10, better than last year.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Rate your 2019 on 13:39 - Dec 11 with 1368 viewsBigManBlue

Work: Currently putting the finishing touches on shutting down the small business my wife and I have been running for the last few years since we're moving to her home country in early 2020. Which should be... fun...

Family: A couple of bereavements, but then also managed by some miracle to get BigLadyBlue up the duff, which on the whole is pretty exciting.

Travel: Been to a few places, more than we have in years actually. Warsaw was a big surprise, absolutely fantastic place. And I finally went back to Riga for the first time since living out there and had a great time, the beer scene is even better than ever.

Health: Still alive, counting that as a win.

I'd give it 8.8/10.

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Rate your 2019 on 14:21 - Dec 11 with 1348 viewsghostofescobar

Pants. My beautiful 12 year old son has had horrible mental health problems this year. Debilitating anxiety, to the point of not really being able to get him out of the house. To see your lovely boy, who should be having so much fun at this time of life, reduced to a broken little pile of the boy that he used to be has been very hard to see and to take. After a lot of feeling about in the dark, not knowing what to do for the best, we were eventually advised to have him assessed for autism, and he was diagnosed with Asperger's 6 weeks back, which helps as it explains how we've got here, but doesn't really help to try and fix him. Hopefully we can start putting him back together in 2020.

GhostOfEscobar

Rate your 2019 on 18:17 - Dec 11 with 1316 viewsDebsyAngel

Been the worst one of my life.

Started the year with my Dad in and out of hospital after complications and infection from his hip replacement.

I was fairly healthy up to end of March when got a cold that turned into a chest infection, and since then, had nothing but more and more problems. Doctors been hopeless and no medication has helped. They treat me like a hypocondriac and will not even listen about me saying medication and the virus had affected my thyroid.

Got gallstones, anxiety, severe depression (cannot even take antidepressants as not permitted with my eye problem), and they have discovered an ectopic heartbeat which I cannot be seen about until next year now.

This constocondritis has made my life hell too since May. The pain is so bad that I spend most days crying. Also so breathless and shooting pains down chest.

There were a few highlights - meeting up with friends in a Facebook group I am in, in London and Manchester, the odd day trip out, buying more records to add to my collection, and the few gigs been to been superb (Midge Ure, OMD, heaven 17 and Squeeze). It was great to meet Midge Ure too.

Not really looking forward to Xmas and for the first time in years not feeling that festive which really saddens me as I normally love it.
Rate your 2019 on 18:56 - Dec 11 with 1295 viewsAce_High1

Good topic.

I have had a great year, 2019 has been an absolute beauty.

Health has continued to be good this year, in fact improving each year over the last 5 years so really pleased with that.

Moved companies this time last year to a competitor, and in last 6 months have completed a buyout so now a business owner which is exciting and challenging in equal measure.

Travel, not much to report yet, but off to Australia for Xmas so can't wait for that.

Seen some good cricket this year, Ashes at Lords was a highlight and something I have always wanted to do.

Some good days/nights out with friends.

no doubt a 10 out of 10.
Rate your 2019 on 19:08 - Dec 11 with 1288 viewsEdwardStone

Rate your 2019 on 18:17 - Dec 11 by DebsyAngel

Started the year with my Dad in and out of hospital after complications and infection from his hip replacement.

I was fairly healthy up to end of March when got a cold that turned into a chest infection, and since then, had nothing but more and more problems. Doctors been hopeless and no medication has helped. They treat me like a hypocondriac and will not even listen about me saying medication and the virus had affected my thyroid.

Got gallstones, anxiety, severe depression (cannot even take antidepressants as not permitted with my eye problem), and they have discovered an ectopic heartbeat which I cannot be seen about until next year now.

This constocondritis has made my life hell too since May. The pain is so bad that I spend most days crying. Also so breathless and shooting pains down chest.

There were a few highlights - meeting up with friends in a Facebook group I am in, in London and Manchester, the odd day trip out, buying more records to add to my collection, and the few gigs been to been superb (Midge Ure, OMD, heaven 17 and Squeeze). It was great to meet Midge Ure too.

Not really looking forward to Xmas and for the first time in years not feeling that festive which really saddens me as I normally love it.

Gosh....that sounds dreadful

Hopefully 2020 will smile upon you and yours and be a much better year
Rate your 2019 on 19:13 - Dec 11 with 1286 viewstractordownsouth

Rate your 2019 on 18:17 - Dec 11 by DebsyAngel

Sorry to hear that. But here’s to a good 2020!

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Rate your 2019 on 19:26 - Dec 11 with 1282 viewsmonytowbray

Sh1t sh1t and sh1t and I’m amazed I didn’t fcuk myself off the planet.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Rate your 2019 on 19:26 - Dec 11 with 1281 viewsmonytowbray

Relatable content.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Rate your 2019 on 19:57 - Dec 11 with 1267 viewsbluewein

Sorry to destroy this thread, but...

Work:- Pays the bills, but other than that I've got nothing to show for it bar the odd town game here and there and a few gigs. I hate it but I just can't find anything else.

Family: Barely get to see them because of the above. They're only a couple hours away and I'm struggling to make that. Thought things were going well with a relationship, but she decided after a trip back to her home country that she wanted to move back with her ex in the space of 4 weeks. Ow. my pride

Travel: I think the most exotic I've managed is Accrington.

Health: Not great. Type 1 diabetes and drinking . Yep, it's stupid I know

So all in all, 2019 can do one. Can't say I'm looking forward to 2020 either. 1/10...

Edit:- Feel bad reading Debsys year now and probably need to reassess and realise it might not be that bad after all. Thoughts with you DA...
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:18]

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Rate your 2019 on 20:13 - Dec 11 with 1248 viewsbluelagos

Work: In 5th year of retirement and not planning on going back.

Family. Dad had 3 strokes so not good. Niece got married so good seeing lots of family including brother and family over from Aus.

Travel. Went a bit ott this year as it was my 50th and spoiled myself.

Health. Got into cycling. Also climbed Snowdon. 5 hrs up Pyg track and down miners.

Overall. 8ish. Going to push myself on the cycling next year, might do a couple of proper long ones if I can.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 20:19]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Rate your 2019 on 20:27 - Dec 11 with 1229 viewsBarneycurley

Spinning is that some sort of sexual extra curricular activity?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Rate your 2019 on 20:38 - Dec 11 with 1213 viewsClapham_Junction

Work: Mostly frustrating. My team is still stuck in a massively-delayed project with the worst contractors you could ever imagine. In the summer it looked like I was going to have a very interesting project to look after, but it was ruined by top brass who insisted a six-month piece of work was finished in five weeks, so it ended up being a shadow of what it could have been. My line of work is highly dependent on the colour of government and no change means a few more years of having bügger all resources to address what needs to be done.

Family: My last remaining grandparent died after a few years of alzheimer's. That wasn't too bad as it had been expected for a while, but my uncle died in his mid-60s after giving up on treatment for cancer (the second time he'd had it). I was probably closer to him than any other member of my extended family - we'd spend most of Saturday chatting on WhatsApp about football - and that hit me quite hard. He was a massive Leicester fan and their title season kept him going through his first treatment. He'd have absolutely loved to see how this season's going...

Travel: Didn't get round to taking a holiday due to work, only a couple of weekends away, a couple of work trips and a brief visit to France for the women's world cup.

Health: Generally good, completely recovered from a knee op a while ago now and don't even notice it when playing. Had some back problems later in the year, but thankfully all cleared up. Mental health not so great and dreading tomorrow and Friday...

Overall a 3.5/10, possibly dropping to a 2 depending on the outcome tomorrow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024